shape
carat
color
clarity

Caffeine freaks- what is your favorite kind of coffee, and how do you take it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Just a little moring poll for me, since I didn''t have time to stop for coffee today and am TOTALLY JONESING for it.

ME:

#1 choice - Starbucks pumpkin Spice Latte
Close 2nd: Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
3= Stew leonards beans - they are really good - lots of yummy flavors.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, I love coffee!!!! I have a favorite for every different purpose though - so I''ll tell you them all since you asked
emwink.gif

Morning Coffee/I have a headache Coffee:
Black Dunkin Donuts from mom''s coffee maker (only in my carry along cup)
emteeth.gif

Any other time of the day Coffee:
Medium (has to be a medium) iced with just cream from DD (can you tell I like DD?)

Favorite Sweet Drink:
I have a tie (both from Starbucks):
Tall Peppermint Mocha (darn, now I want one!)- skim, one pump of chocolate, no whipped cream
Tall Caramel Macchiato - skim

"I don''t care if this has 500 hundred calories, I want it!" Coffee:
Tall Caramel Frappuccino
Medium Turtle Nut Iced Latte From Dunkin Donuts

For some reason, I am really particular about what size my drinks are. I guess that makes me strange.
26.gif

Treysar:
I ordered the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks & I hated it!
8.gif
I was so sad, because I really wanted to like it. Do you think that it was just the Starbucks I went to? Should I give it another shot? I like pumpkin/cinnamon/nutmeggy things so I was really surprised that I didn''t like it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything that covers up the fact that Coffee tastes like wet dog to me. Chantico with some coffee in it works...mochas work...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:02:22 PM
Author: ame
Anything that covers up the fact that Coffee tastes like wet dog to me. Chantico with some coffee in it works...mochas work...
Is that from experience?!??!?
2.gif
Wet dog is one of the worst things I've smelled and coffee reminds me nothing of that!

I thought DF did this poll awhile back...didn't he??

I pretty much do Starbucks, and also brew their coffee at home.
In the winter I love nonfat, no foam caramel macchiatos.
In the summer I love the caramel frappacinos or the iced nonfat caramel macchiatos.
I tried the peppermint mocha last winter...delicious...till I saw how many calories one of those things has!!!!!!
I also love the Chai latte at Borders. I hate the one at Starbucks...too much of one of the funky spices.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
At home I use Godiva's Creme Brulee flavored blend. I also use Jamaica Blue Mountain and Hawaii Kona - I buy the beans and grind them myself. Starbucks' regular coffee always tastes bitter to me and I wonder if they re-use the grounds.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
A nice dark roast- we buy our coffee from Graffeo, in San Francisco- strong, with milk.
My husband calls me the Java Queen, I can drink coffee right before bed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warning, big long coffee story here. I never used to drink coffee. EVER EVER EVER. Well okay maybe when I was young and my dad would let me have a tiny bit of his coffee with tons of milk in it and sugar. YUM. Well I still didn''t love coffee when I was older but sometimes I''d have a decaf with lots of milk just for that sugary milk taste. The funny thing is that I adore adore adore coffee ice cream or candies or something that smells/tastes like coffee but doesn''t.
9.gif

Fast forward to meeting and going out with Greg..who drinks coffee. I was somewhat intrigued, but not really. I''d make him coffee when he came over etc and really never partook of the coffee fun. He only has a cup a morning basically. Anyway, we go to Hawaii, Kauai, to scout out for our wedding and we get coffee to brew in our small cottage kitchen in the mornings...we''d sit out on the patio and look at the ocean and play with the feral cats and eat some cookies and drink coffee. InsertMaraGettingHookedHere!! Oh my god. The Kauai coffee was the BEST. It was very flavorful in a coffee way...not that french vanilla way or anything. So we did that for 5-6 days and after that I was in love. Bought the Kauai coffee online. Now I got decaf for myself and caf for Greg..since I really was only in it for the taste, I have never been a big caffeine person at all, rarely drink cokes or anything like that. I just don''t really need it.

Fast forward to a bit over a year of doing this and me sharing Greg''s caff''d coffee with him on weekends so we only had to brew one pot. Slowly getting used to the caffeine so I just started ordering the regular stuff because only I was drinking the decaf and it was cluttering up the coffee drawer! Then I got turned onto the storebought starbucks in a pinch when we were out of Kauai Coffee and they pretty much only sold caff''d in the dark roasts we liked. Uh oh!

Fast Forward another year or so and I am a total fiend now. I only drink it in the morning but I have grown to like it REALLY strong and only like super dark roasts with alot of flavor. Other coffees taste dull and watery and I won''t drink them...I''d rather have nothing than something icky. When I make coffee and we have guests or something, they are like WOW that is REALLY STRONG and BLACK. But then after I brew it, I put lots of milk and sugar in it. It''s such an oxymoron. But I love it! I don''t think I NEED it for the mornings, as there have been a few away from home when I don''t drink it and am fine, but I prefer it. Esp since I work from home most mornings, so I relax and work at the island with coffee. Hehee.
2.gif

So watch it!! Fun, recreational decaf coffee drinking can get you hooked! I have 1-2 small cups a day in the morning and that''s it...and with all the milk and sugar I''m sure it''s more like a treat than a coffee...hehehe. But I know if I cut out that and the sugar I''d probably lose another 5 lbs instantaneously with all the sugar I put in.

So onto the favorites?

Lion Coffee Original Roast
Lion Coffee Kauai Blend
Lion Coffee Cafe Hawaii
Starbucks Sumatra
Starbucks Gold Coast

Those are the 5 favorites...also I adore that Illy espresso coffee that alot of the nicer restaurants serve..esp because it''s very strong. But I have not been in love with the Starbucks Espresso roast, either French or Italian. So dunno what the difference is. I also haven''t found anything at Peet''s I really like, it all seems a bit ''sour'' in flavor to me. But my GF loves it.

If we are at Starbucks and in a hurry I just get a house blend but it''s not my fave; or a gingerbread latte for winter, yum..those should be out again very soon!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, When I was a little kid I got a mouth and facefull of wet dog....then I tried coffee from my grandma...I always put the two together.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Mara - watch out - the next step is to become a real coffee snob!!!!

My mom won''t let me grind her coffee in the same grinder I use for mine because somehow, no matter how many times she washes it, she can still taste the "remnants of those flavored coffees you use." She had to buy a separate freaking grinder when she was here! I couldn''t believe it. I''m so not there yet..don''t think I ever will be.
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I figured it out, and we spend over $200+ a month on coffee!

Several of the local Starbucks know us by name! In my very weak defense, I''m just not a breakfast person, so I have a White Chocoate Mocha (non fat) and count that as breakfast! So, in theory, I can really subtract the cost of breakfast and apply it to my coffee budget!
1.gif

I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I just feel sort of ill if I eat anything big. A granola bar is about the max I can stomach!

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am completely and utterly ADDICTED to Starbucks....
40.gif
It is a true obsession when you cannot even walk by a Starbucks store without your mouth watering, your knees convulsing, and your heart beating faster. Tee hee
37.gif

Seriously considering starting my own lil'' bookclub at Barnes and Noble so that I can drink my coffee and stimulate my brain! Anyone is welcome to join! Think it would be a really great outing once a week that you can enjoy with other coffee and book addicts!

My favorites would include:

1. Double Vanilla Latte w/ extra Vanilla
2. Pumpkin Spice
3. Chai
4. Mint Chocolate Frappuccino for extra hot days (God knows there are plenty here in Houston
14.gif
)

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Recently I''ve been loving Starbucks Double espresso in the can, COLD.

Other than that it''s Chai for me. Hot or cold with Soymilk.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like a coffee that will pick you up and won''t let you down. Black Cat blend from Intelligensia coffee in Chicago. Ground fresh each morning and let mellow in a French press for 20 minutes. This is seriously strong stuff. 2 cups is perfect! 3 cups and I can''t hold on to my diamond tweezers :)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love coffee, but it has to be sweet in order for me to drink it.

From Starbucks I usually get a Vente Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel syrup.
If it is really hot, I get a Grande Mocha Frappucino with whipped cream.

From Dunkin Donuts I get a large Caramel Swirl Latte with one sugar and whipped cream.
I also like the Turtle Nut Iced Drinks from Baskin Robbins (aka Dunkin Donuts).

I have tried the Pumpkin Spice and also the Mint Chocolate flavors at Starbucks but I just don''t like them for some reason.

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, newbie here to the Hangout forum!
35.gif

I am a complete and utter coffee addict and a bit of a coffee snob. I work with my father and we recently bought a $1000 espresso machine that grinds it''s own beans!

I like a cappuccino with breakfast and the rest of the day will tend to have a flat white (like a cappuccino without so much froth and no chocolate/cinnamon). Fave beans at the moment are Lavazza.

I like a good strong coffee! Hmmm... better go down and turn on the machine, it''s nearly 10AM here!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
This is so crazy but I am addicted to this hazelnut coffee at the Sterling GAS station by my house! Every morning I stop for my 20 oz with Vanilla creamer and 2 splendas.
18.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
After a 5 year hiatus from Starbucks..a new one opened down the street and once again..
I''m HOOKED!!! Around 7 pm each night I crave a tall Mocha Frappachino. It''s smooth and it''s
my dessert! I do believe that they create an addiction molecule in every cup!!

Jeff
19.gif

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:34:06 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Good ol'' Tim Hortons coffee here minus the donuts
31.gif
I like Tim Hortons with two sour cream glazed timbits.
18.gif
Every time I''m in TO visitng the BF, I go to the Tim Horton''s down the street to get my fix in the morning. He laughs because I always get two timbits, instead of just buying a donut.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
My special treat Friday mornings: Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha with whip cream because it is a treat
3.gif
...$3.99 at the window please - I LOVE Starbucks Drive Thru.
9.gif

I work at a bio-tech company and the coffee in the break room is VERY strong. One small cup in the morning give me a rush the whole day.

At home: Starbucks Sumatra - beans of course, so that it is fresh and full of aroma.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2005 1:26:46 PM
Author: Mara

... I have grown to like it REALLY strong and only like super dark roasts with alot of flavor. Other coffees taste dull and watery and I won't drink them...I'd rather have nothing than something icky. When I make coffee and we have guests or something, they are like WOW that is REALLY STRONG and BLACK.
Yeah! That it!

Some folk call my 'coffee' dangerous
2.gif
Actually, I love expresso with the mandatory lemon peel in it and strong enough to give a shivver. No milk, no suggar...

This summer I happened upon a sort of coffee I didn't know exist: turkish brew (boiled with suggar, which is something I would otherwise avoid 300%, so no wonder it came as a surprise) with lots of fresh mint. It felt very refreshing as a desert drink, well, for me at least. 'Bet everyone knows mint works great in coffee, but having some green mint leaves in the cup was new to me.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 12:26:48 AM
Author: Hamster

Date: 10/6/2005 1:34:06 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Good ol'' Tim Hortons coffee here minus the donuts
31.gif
I like Tim Hortons with two sour cream glazed timbits.
18.gif
Every time I''m in TO visitng the BF, I go to the Tim Horton''s down the street to get my fix in the morning. He laughs because I always get two timbits, instead of just buying a donut.
My husband''s best friend is ADDICTED to Tim Horton''s coffee! We don''t have any here in the Chicago area so he orders it and has it shipped to him.

I love the smell of coffee but I will only drink it if it is flavored or has a lot of other sweet stuff in it.
2.gif
I don''t go to Starbuck''s often (maybe once every month) but I love their white mocha coffee. The Frapacchino''s are pretty good too.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
The only "coffee" I can stomach is Starbucks Mocha Frappacino because it doesn''t taste too much like coffee LOL!
3.gif

I guess I just never developed a taste for coffee, no matter how hard I have tried!
2.gif

Tali

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 4:36:14 PM
Author: cnspotts
Recently I''ve been loving Starbucks Double espresso in the can, COLD.

Other than that it''s Chai for me. Hot or cold with Soymilk.

Totally with you on the Double Espresso. It''s what I use when I have to work an overnight shift. One can when I''m getting the sleepies keeps me up the rest of the night.

For day to day coffee, I love plain drip coffee, and am a big time Peet''s French Roast fiend. Please leave room for cream!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone like Chicory (New Orleans coffee)? I''m curious, because we lived there for about 4 yrs. & I wasn''t into coffee at the time, so never tried it!! I have a friend who lives in Miami & is totally addicted to cuban coffee.
32.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
We had to buy a Keurig home brewer before we bought anything else for our apartment- my favorite k-cup flavors are all by Green Mountain- Irish Coffee, Rain Forest Nut, Breakfast Blend.
BF will drink up to 8 cups a day, probably not such a great idea....

we bought the Keurig to curb my Starbucks bills but when I think I deserve a treat I love either a grande vanilla latte, non-fat on my good days w/3 splendas and a mint mocha frappuchino with so much cream that it leaves a grease slick on the roof of my mouth when I''m feeling very bad, I call it coffee therapy
11.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so boring. At home, I drink either plain old Folgers, or the French Vanilla Folgers. I do like Dunkin Donuts, though...but only from the drive through. If I go inside, I''m weak and end up buying a donut, too.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 9:30:32 PM
Author: koko
Does anyone like Chicory (New Orleans coffee)? I''m curious, because we lived there for about 4 yrs. & I wasn''t into coffee at the time, so never tried it!! I have a friend who lives in Miami & is totally addicted to cuban coffee.
32.gif

YES!! We cruised out of NO for our honeymoon in June (looking at our pics and the news reports has been surreal), and in the 3 days we were in NO, I got the chicory cafe au lait''s at Cafe du Monde twice. Not very different from "regular" coffee, IMO, but it sure is tasty.

My favorite is fresh ground Columbian, half decaf-half regular, black. Occasionally I''ll add some cream or soymilk, but never sugar. If I have an espresso drink, it''s either a skim latte or cappuccino, and if I want sweet, Chai or white hot chocolate.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am a wimp. Can''t do caffeine (because of the shakes), don''t do fat(avoid the jiggles), don''t do sugar(afraid of the pounds)... So my wimpy Starbucks is a Venti 1/2 shot decaf sugar free hazelnut skinny 2 splenda extra hot latte. Whew, by the time I finish ordering it I usually have to sit down. But the barista LOVES to yell out my order when they are done. I will say, I''m sorry I didn''t catch that...so again they begin at the beginning...this time louder...And the cafe usually rocks with laughter...you should see my cup. It has every box checked and marked like a ransom note!

Those of you who order the Carmel Macchiato may have more fun drinking it...but mine is more fun to say!!

Christmas Eve I do a Peppermint Mocha...that is a Venti 1/2 shot Decaf skinny extra hot Peppermint Mocha!!

I may be a wimp...but not stupid...Venti is the Starbucks BIG Gulp!

Cheers!

Door Knob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results