shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Classics - what''s on your list??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I will admit it. I am an obsessive planner. I am also a fairly classic gal - my wardrobe consists of a bunch of basic black skirts, white shirts, black and navy suits, great jeans: the basics that will never go out of style. So, I intend to tackle the task of collecting my bling "wardrobe" in the same way: obsessively planned attempt to get a collection of classics.

So, what are the classics? The big ol'' solitaire? A plain wedding band? A 3 stone ring? An anniversary ring? Some lovely martini set earrings (with cozy jackets)? A bezel set pendant? Give me you 5-10 favorites that every blinged out girls jewellry box should not be without!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread!!
36.gif
My list of basic diamond necessities is:

Stud earrings
Tennis bracelet
Pendant
Solitaire ring (ideally, one of every shape and fancy color)
Wrist watch
Ruby, emerald and sapphire rings (either 3-stone or with halo)
Eternity band

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok! Basic bling wardrobe.....

1) Big ol' solitaire

2) Diamond stud earrings

3) Diamond solitaire pendant

4) Tennis bracelet

That to me is a basic bling wardrobe!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my idea of the basics:

Diamond solitaire or three stone ring for left hand.

Different style diamond or colored stone ring for the right hand.

Diamond link style or bangle bracelet.

Quality watch.

Diamond stud earrings.

Diamond pendant.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

1) Vintage three stone ring, OEC''s, filagree
2) Diamond bracelet--vintage mixed cuts or non-round shape, tennis style
3) Emerald cut ruby RHR, cushion cut blue sapphire RHR (or pad), natural yellow diamond RHR, preferrably oval cut with white dimaond halo
4) Riveria necklace, small sized (5 pointers) not gradaated, well cut stones
5) Cartier Tank Americanne, diamond bezel, white gold
6) A. Lange & Sohne leather strapped watch--round yellow gold
7) Diamond drop earrings--a round stud holding a large pear.
8) Yellow gold woven cuff, Verdura
9) White gold Tiffany & Co, Atlas open cuff (large)
10) Vintage brooch, mixed cuts, filagree

cheers--Sharon

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Off the top of my head I'd say the basics to start would be [all in an "importsnt" size - whatever that means to you]:

plain platinum wedding band
"the big ol' solitaire" set in a tiffany style 6-prong setting
a "good" watch
diamond stud earrings set in a similar setting as the solitaire
diamond solitaire pendant set in a similar setting as the solitaire
diamond tennis bracelet
diamond eternity ring
3-stone sapphire center ring with diamond sides

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My list classics (or, better titled "My Wish List", haha):

Ering and w-band
Plain band

A pair of nice, simple diamond studs
Jackets for the studs

A solitaire pendant

A diamond bracelet or bangle

A gemstone/diamond RHR

A 5-7 stone anniversary ring or mad gorgeous eternity ring

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know there was a thread similar to this in RT a while (like a year ago). My desires have changed since then.

A three stone RHR. Oval with half moons, with either a spinel, ruby or sapphire as center.
Studs, bezel set.
A Belleirina pendant or a bezel pendant.
A pave bangle.
A DBY necklace with a couple of enhancers.
Pave huggie hoops.
A dressy watch.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, wearing just three pieces at a time is all I feel really comfortable doing and I don't wear watches, so my list is simple (and I noted which ones I have, and which ones I "wish" to have!
2.gif

Eng. solitaire - have
Studs - have in two sizes
Solitaire pendant - have - both four-corner and bezel
Fun pendant(s) - have the RC one that is pictured in my avatar - I hope to collect a few more
Bracelet of some sort - tennis most likely - I plan to get in a few years
Two nice RHRs - a simple small eternity band & then a bigger stylised one - will get whenever I find ones I like at great prices

That is really about it! I would buy more if I didn't have other priorties, but college for the kids and making accelerated payments on my mortgage are long-term financial goals eating away at my diamond fund. Lame, I know! lol

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My "classics" list is pretty small...

Diamond studs (have some, but they're poor quality - pre-PS)
Engagement ring
Plain wedding band
Diamond pendant (I WILL have the bellerina someday)
Watch (I want an antiquey diamond watch)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree on a lot of the classics already mentioned. for me i don''t wear a lot of jewelry so here are my classics. the list is short!

stud earrings
halo jackets for stud earrings to jazz it up sometimes
diamond soliatire pendant (bezel, 4 prong, whatever your style)
solitaire style e-ring
eternity ring band
diamond bracelet of some type (for me it''s a bangle!)

and ummm my biggest classic that i wear MORE than my e-ring and w-ring because they never come off,

diamond toe rings!!
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
e-ring - doesn''t really matter the style but something a bit more simple
eternity or half eternity band
plain band
diamond stud earrings
plain hoop earrings

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 2:14:50 PM
Author: Mara

diamond toe rings!!
3.gif
ooh, how are your diamond toe rings doing? Those would be something I would LOVE to have. Maybe just one though. . . lol I wonder if I can buy one that''s not custom? (I could totally sneak and buy it and my husband would NEVER know!!!
9.gif
)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 9:15:52 AM
Author:LitigatorChick
Okay, I will admit it. I am an obsessive planner. I am also a fairly classic gal - my wardrobe consists of a bunch of basic black skirts, white shirts, black and navy suits, great jeans: the basics that will never go out of style. So, I intend to tackle the task of collecting my bling 'wardrobe' in the same way: obsessively planned attempt to get a collection of classics.

So, what are the classics? The big ol' solitaire? A plain wedding band? A 3 stone ring? An anniversary ring? Some lovely martini set earrings (with cozy jackets)? A bezel set pendant? Give me you 5-10 favorites that every blinged out girls jewellry box should not be without!!!

LC, though I agree with so many of the suggestions for everyday bling (studs, ering, eternity band, bracelet in either tennis or bangle form, etc.), I personally think that any worthy "bling wardrobe" NEEDS to have some "BIG GUNS" that are too flashy for everyday use! Items from the Harry Winston Cluster collection, for instance, or a precious stone and diamond RHR, or even a RHR made with diamond melee to represent YOU! If the e-ring is a RB, I'd say getting a sizeable fancy cut for the right hand is a good idea. In addition, I'd also put some diamond hoop earrings if that suits your lifestyle/personal style... and try to get most of your basics (like watches, necklaces, and bracelets) in both white metal and gold metal versions. One thing to keep in mind is that though many guys don't "get" diamonds, they DO get watches... I'd say that if developing a bling-worthy wardrobe is your goal (especially in the profession that a screenname like "LitigatorChick" implies, lol), I'd advise buying the best watch you can because a certain percentage of the population DOES use your watch to size up your material success thusfar in life, as sad as that is.

Oh yeah, and definitely get something that doesn't look like you-- there's something catchy about a surprise. For instance, I remember my grandmother being blinged out in the whitest diamonds-- all the pieces I inherited came back with D/E color grade appraisals
3.gif
-- so you could imagine my surprise when I came across a fancy yellow pear in the vault!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
classics:
diamond or precious gemstone engagement/anniversary ring
diamond necklace (bezel pendant, or diamond by the yard)
diamond studs
gold ball stud earrings
gold hoop earrings
fun/delicate/different diamond earrings (leverbacks, huggies, in/out hoops etc)
if you can afford it, a gold watch
and of course jewelry that reflects your style/personality etc.

(I guess you can tell I'm not a big bracelet person!)

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Just a friendly reminder here:
There are no posts about pearls allowed. Please keep it to bling.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have also noticed that as one gets older, Bling Classics change. They seem to get bigger [maybe it is because our eyesight is failing!]. I would say that the categories stay the same but the stone weight of the pieces grows. And, of course, as fleur-de-lis points out, one's collection tends to expand as the years pass to include a bigger variety of pieces especially in the special occasion category.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My bling classics are:

Diamond stud earrings (think these are next on my list)
Solitaire e-ring (received)
Plain wedding band (have bought it but not married yet)
Solitaire pendant (not for another while)
Watch ( I adore the watch that I have)
Eternity band (when I graduate in 2011)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think "the classics" are:

1. Diamond studs (bezel or prong set)
2. Diamond necklace (either DBY--OR--a solitaire--OR--a simple shaped pendant(cross/circle)
3. "Nice" watch
4. * (edited)
5. * (edited)

Don't think unmarried/unengaged ladies should be left out of "the classics"! It implies you can't have a full jewelry wardrobe (or life) if you're without a husband.
4.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
My bling classics would be:

1. Solitaire and wedding band (I don''t think my ering qualifies a solitaire, so I''ll leave that open to E-ring and wedding band)
41.gif

2. Diamond studs

3. My little three stone necklace

4. Nice watch

5. Diamond RHR (I''m still working on that one)
27.gif

I find that as I get older I tend to wear less jewelry than I did in my late teens and early twenties. I want my *nice to me* jewelry to stand out so I don''t look cluttered.

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
Wardrobe Necessities:

1) engagement ring

2) eternity band

3) diamond studs

4) diamond necklace (whether it be my circle pendent or my three heart pendant)

My Wish List:
36.gif

1) three Stone RHR (Preferably a three stone princess/ascher cut)w/ a plain platinum band

2) jackets for my studs

3) diamond tennis bracelet (gonna be a long time for that one
41.gif
)

4) tanzanite and diamond RHR
19.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Here's my list:

- stud earrings
- halo jackets for stud earrings for when you want more bling
- solitaire pendant
- solitaire e-ring
- eternity band
- bracelet or bangle
- RHR of your choice

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mc i love my toe rings...they never come off!! mostly because they are hard to get off, i think i had them made like 1/4 of a size too small or something, but i can get them off in a pinch...easier to clean when on the toes though hehee. they do get dirty with lotions and stuff so i try to keep them not too grungy!

i have seen diamond toe rings online for sale at various websites, they are typically a few hundred bucks i think. for me i preferrred the custom route with WF because i knew i''d get the most wear out of them so i wanted them to really be made to last. sometimes i look down at them and think wow how is it that i have lost no stones in these things with them slapping on the floor and pavement all the time (our patio outside is concrete and i walk outside barefoot all the time) and i''ve had them for what, i think 3 years now!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 11:03:29 AM
Author: Mara
mc i love my toe rings...they never come off!! mostly because they are hard to get off, i think i had them made like 1/4 of a size too small or something, but i can get them off in a pinch...easier to clean when on the toes though hehee. they do get dirty with lotions and stuff so i try to keep them not too grungy!

i have seen diamond toe rings online for sale at various websites, they are typically a few hundred bucks i think. for me i preferrred the custom route with WF because i knew i''d get the most wear out of them so i wanted them to really be made to last. sometimes i look down at them and think wow how is it that i have lost no stones in these things with them slapping on the floor and pavement all the time (our patio outside is concrete and i walk outside barefoot all the time) and i''ve had them for what, i think 3 years now!
ooh, I can imagine loose stones would be a problem! I''ll have to think about whether or not toe rings would be worth it then since I live in WA and only wear open toes shoes and flip flops about four months out of the year. The thought of a bit of glitter on my feet sounds very appealing! Two hundred isn''t much, but I''m trying hard to be less frivolous with my spending. hehehe (all the junk I buy sure adds up quickly)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Great question!

Here''s what I currently have:

Omega watch (two tone with small diamonds on the dial)
solitare e-ring
plain wedding band (3mm platinum, heavy comfort fit)
half eternity diamond wedding/anniversary band
bezel set studs

What I inted to add is:

solitare or three stone pendant
diamond bracelet
possible change in e-ring setting, but keeping it either solitare or three stone

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Fun thread! Even though I''m late, can I play?
35.gif

-Engagement ring
-Plain WB
-Eternity ring/diamond WB
-Gemstone RHR
-Diamond bracelet
-Diamond stud earrings
-Diamond huggie earrings

In addition:
-Stacking bands
-Gemstone earrings (love those jackets too!)
-Gemstone bracelet/s
Just for, you know, options.....

Hmm, must make sure DH gets a copy of this so he knows what he''s in for!
9.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of you have listed bracelets. I don''t wear them much and I don''t see many people wear bracelets. What do the PS''ers do??? Is a bracelet still worn, or has it gone the way of the pins of our grandmothers???

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bracelets seem very popular here on PS. I never ever wear them, but have suddenly begun craving one, but hesitate as I may not wear it AND I told my DH I''d wait a while to buy another jewelery item! lol

Seems like people never wear bracelets around my region, but it is a great alternative for those who don''t wear watches.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m an earring junkie. I have a lot of colored gemstone earrings, mostly dangly ones, set in sterling or 14k yellow gold. I''d like to get a pair of 1 1/2 inch good hoops. I have sterling and wear them a lot, but I''d also like to have yellow gold. I''m actually planning on that within a month or so.

I''d like to have a pair of 1/4 - 1/2 carat each martini studs. I''d like to have something I could just live in -- I have a pair of tiny diamond studs in the second hole and I never take them off. That could be doable in the next year or two, if I save my change and bring water with me while I''m running errands instead of going through the drive thru for a drink.

I''d also like to have a cushion diamond pendant, bezel set on an omega necklace. It would have to be about 2 carats, so it''s going to be a long while off.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 8:51:22 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
A lot of you have listed bracelets. I don''t wear them much and I don''t see many people wear bracelets. What do the PS''ers do??? Is a bracelet still worn, or has it gone the way of the pins of our grandmothers???
I still see people wearing bracelets. I have a tennis bracelet and a rainbow sapphire bracelet. I also have miscellaneous "other" bracelets. I know they bother some people but I find them quite comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results