shape
carat
color
clarity

Which do you like best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,

So I have been thinking about my colours for the venue we have chosen, and so far I have pink, gold and brown OR pink, purple and ivory.

NOTE: the gold will be a bit darker in color as will the purple (think more eggplant)

I have made little mockups because it was a slow day :)

Tell me which you like better!!! Opinions, dislikes etc please let me know!

Thank you !!!! :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
#2, the colours in #1 don''t really mesh for me to be totally honest.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
2!!!

Although, I think if you did brown linens in #1 with gold chairs, it would look very different. But I still like 2 better.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
#1!

But I think a darker brown would REALLY make the pink pop -- like, dark chocolate colored

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I like more simple and elegant looking so my vote is by far for #! :) :)

I personally think #2 is too much

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I think my vote is for #1...very sophisticated!

Though I think if you were to go with a richer purple like you were saying (more eggplanty) and a more pale pink, then #2 might win me over. Right now, that particular pink and purple together remind me a bit of my childhood Easter dresses.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 10:21:41 AM
Author: dani2142
I like more simple and elegant looking so my vote is by far for #! :) :)

I personally think #2 is too much

+1.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I prefer #1.

2 just has to much going on. It''s very crayola to me with lots of bold colors. It looks over-worked.

1 seems more refined and elegant. I consider ivory to be a tone of brown, so I like the monochromatic scheme with a pop of color. It''s more pleasing to my eye, but thats very personal. It sets a tone, for sure!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both, but I think they equate to 2 different kinds of reception. #1 seems more understated and elegant, #2 seems more fun and free spirited.

So I guess it depends on what kind of feel you''re going for.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Which color scheme does the groom like better?

I prefer the brown, gold and pink. The pink and purple seem too "girly" to me, while the brown and pink are more "balanced" if that make sense. I always feel bad for the groom at weddings where everything is pink, pink, pink- it makes it look like he had no say in any wedding decisions!

Finally, I also agree with someone else that you might try brown table linens and gold chair covers, but you don't have to decide that now- wait until you can see the options in real life at the reception site.

Good luck making a decision!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your opinions, I appreciate you all taking the time to reply.

I saw this page on my monitor at work and wow was it every a difference ... and I also learned I need a new monitor at home lol The purple came out sooo bright, that is not at all what I wanted, it was very dark on my monitor here.

I origionally wanted #1 .... but I made up the 2nd one because my fiance likes purple!
havernell - It does seem to girly to me ... which is why I didn''t go with purple to begin with because i really want pink as a color but HE wanted the purple lol

Thanks again everyone for all the comments ... I will definitley have to find the right shades I want and take them to the venue to see how it all looks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the colors brown, gold and pink more but in all honesty I dont like your mockup of those colors. The brown
is off and if that is gold on the table it just doesnt look right to me. I think someone else recommended brown
table with gold chairs and I think I would like that better. Or use the same color for both table and chairs (brown)
and use gold as an accent color.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1! I like the idea of using the eggplant shade of purple somehow, but to me, pink and purple seem a bit much to use together. In the mock up you did, the pink seems very PINK and the purple seems very bright. If you went with eggplant and the pink was a bit more subtle (a lighter shade), that *might* have my vote.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 1.

1, with the brown a little darker and richer, is beautiful, elegant, and romantically daring. 2 is cute and sweet.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your choices are very similar, actually -- the brown and the eggplant would probably be about equally saturated the other colors are the same. But... the purple you've shown is quite a bit brighter than eggplant so it's kind of hard to judge from your mock-ups. Perhaps you can find other illustrations that would allow for a better comparison?

As I'm sort of picturing it in my mind, however... the brown and pink would be crisper than eggplant and pink... eggplant and pink perhaps a bit richer but potentially muddier .... I'm leaning towards brown.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m leaning towards #2. Mostly because brown and pink have been done a LOT. If it was a deep eggplant with a light/baby/soft pink I think it would go well.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
# 1 by far. The color combo is a little unusual with the pink, but I actually think it looks stunning and very elegant.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
#1, but i think the chocolate brown should be a tad richer.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results