shape
carat
color
clarity

There were no tears....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Just a complete sense of peace that this was THE DRESS!!!!!

MAny of ya''ll have been with me on my extensive dress search and every single person has been sooo helpful! I really want to say thanks to everyone''s patience and good humor in letting me spill my dress shopping angst!

Heehee, I bet everyone is like c''mon already where is the dress?!?! Ha! Not yet. For a little pre-show teaser I have for you the ps fashion show verion of "The Weekend GingerB Bought Her Wedding Dress."

So, last weekend I went to MY second Monique Lhuillier trunk show, much to my bridesmaids dismay. However, bless their hearts they humored me and came along. I reall only wanted to go to try on what is now famously known as Dress #3, pictured below. I loved that dress, ya''ll loved that dress, and I wanted to see if I still loved that dress when I tried it on for a second time.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #3 -- First dress I tried on, still loved it -- VERY elegant. THe only reservation I had was the price relative to its seeming simplicity. Likely THe price is in the material, and the perfect seems that give the dress such smooth lines, but seriously, ya''ll would freak to know how much the dress costs. However, I had talked to my fiance and sweetheart that he is, he told me to try to find a "better deal," but if this was the one, then this was the one.

mldropped12 copy.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
The next dress I put on was anothe Monque Lhuillier - Gem, but one I hadn''t tried on previously. I saw this pic in a magazine and was drooling, so I was pretty happy to be able to try it on in person. Gorgeous. The beading was absolutely stunning and the bustled back was sooooo pretty. Its a princess seamed A-line, but I wore it with a sash in a similar style to Dress#3 and it had the dropped waist effect that was more flattering to me. Sooo so pretty. Cost-wise, it was equal to Dress #3, but I felt more justified in spending that amount on this dress where you could obviously see where the money was going to. I tried on Dress #3 immediatley after this dress again to see how I felt after trying on Gem. No comparison, #3 (I really should call it by its real name - Beauty) -- Beauty as elegant as it was, looked positively drab next to Gem. I was excited! Thought I had found the one...

2005-06.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Then I tried on this one. It''s actually from Monique''s eveningwear collection, but they had it in ivory for a wedding dress. When I first saw it I didn''t like it, but when i put it on -- man, that dress transformed (it was NOT a hanger dress). It gave me, ms. no-curves-please-don''t-mistake-me-for-apre-pubescent-male and hourgalss figure. It did the impossible and gave my stereotypical flat asian @ss a VERY nice boost! It was very couture-ish, it fit me perfectly (which was nice since most samples are HUMONGO on me) and very sophisticated, which is what I had wanted. My MoH ADORED the dress. My reservation was that as much as I love it now, I was afarid that it was too contemporary and I won''t love it down the road. I wore it with a thinner champagne/blush mocha eyelet ribbon where the sash is on the model.

inguna.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

grrr!!!! my computer/internet just erased my enire huge message i typed and now it''s too late to re-type because i''m re-starting my clincal rotation tomorrow morning and have to go to bed early. sorry girls, i really honestly truly do not mean to lead ya''ll on like this but i have to go. promise i''ll finish this tomorrow night.

g''night!

kaschmir

Rough_Rock
hi ginger,

now THAT'S what i call a cliffhanger (just kidding
2.gif
). i have followed your dress search and am eager to find out what the dress will look like you have finally decided to wear (my personal favorites were the jenny lee and the monique). i think you looked absolutely amazing in all the dresses you have tried on, so i am sure the one you chose will be stunning.

can't wait to see the pics!

regards,
kaschmir

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
GINGER!!! How could you do this to us?! No no, I understand.. it was your internets fault.. sigh... I guess I can wait til tomorrow.. All those dresses look really lovely by the way!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
omg i was so excited to see what dress you picked...and then!!!! So cruel, technology can really suck sometimes! I''ve been following your dress saga, all your choices are so beautiful, so I can''t wait to see *the one*!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ginger you''re kidding me right? please?

sigh...... i guess I''ll have to wait..
39.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
oh, the agony of it all....we have to wait?!?!?! Oh boy...
20.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
GINGER...!!!!!! omigod
11.gif
I was sooooooo excited to see THE DRESS, and then- I got to the end. And there was no DRESS. what the heck.. ok, I guess I can wait until tonight since there is no other choice
3.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Crow Ginger!
We''re still waiting!!!!
I can''t wait, I can''t wait, I can''t wait. I know it''s going to be GORGEOUS!
For the record, no tears for me either...but I knew.
Anyhow, I''m happy for you girl, NOW POST PICS!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We are still waiting and we demands more pictures... hehehe.
I really don''t think you can go wrong with any dress since you have the perfect body.
Can''t wait to see which one you ended up picking.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously,
A perfect body indeed. After looking at her pictures again, I''m off to the gym (and off this time sucking computer!!.)

Looking forward to your post tonight Ginger!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/1/2005 12:54:02 PM
Author: Tybee
Seriously,
A perfect body indeed. After looking at her pictures again, I'm off to the gym (and off this time sucking computer!!.)

Looking forward to your post tonight Ginger!

Tybee you're too funny!

Ginger YOU are not!
29.gif
Mybe you'll post by dinner time?

Gosh you look great.

:edit: ok I jus read we have to wait 'til tomorrow .. tomorrow nite at that.:
29.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear god you are the perfectly shaped woman.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

hi girls! so so sorry about the unintentional cliffhanger!! Yesterday I had written a really cute (rolleyes) fairytale to narrate my story but I am too exhausted to be creative tonight, anyhoo, back to the story...

So there I was, stuck between two gorgeous dresses, both which would have made me happy, but with reservations. Inguna was sleek, sophisticated, simple elegance – most similar to my everyday style AND gave me a bangin’ bod (rolleyes ..heehee) but it was just too contemporary for what i wanted in my wedding dress. Gem was gorgeous, traditional but unique, and had lovely beading (which I have ALWAYS been attracted to) but there were too many changes I wanted to make to it for meto be happy (remove some crinoline, alter to a slimmer modified a-line silhouette, add sash for dropped waist effect) that i had doubts about whether the dress was worth it.

THEN I remembered all those lovely Reem Acras I had yet to try on. Unfortunately, I was at the Monique Lhuillier trunk show and it was FORBIDDEN to try on other designers. My saleslady told me she would try to sneak them in for me to try on, but the ML rep annoyingly kept popping into my dressing room and so she didn’t get a chance. HOWEVER, the next day, the slaes rep would be gone, but all the dresses wouldn’t be leaving until Monday, so if I came back the next day, I could try on all the dresses in tandem so I could make up my mind. I was BOUND AND DETERMINED to make a purchase the next day

Time moved agonizingly slow until my appointment the next day. I finally arrived at my appointment and the first dress I put on was a Reem Acra......

And I didn’t want to take it off! I lost all desire to try on any more dresses to even compare! I felt this incredible sense of peace and satisfaction. I wanted to just stay in that dress and jump up and down in exitement!! I felt light as a feather, floating with giddyness!!!!

yeah yeah yeah...so which dress was it?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

Reem Acra – Adored! (sorry...no pics of me in the dress!) I love love love it! Its pretty and sparkly and makes me feel like a bride!

adoredks.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
The beading and embroidery – omg you just CANNOT compare Reem beading to anything, it is EXQUISITE!!!

adoredmodelks.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
The narrower skirt fit my body type and didn’t overwhelm me or make me feel too princess-y (which I’m not a poofy skirt kind of gal) but the dramatic bustle and beading on the train gave me that flair that I wanted.

adoredback1ks.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
So yay! Happy Happy GingerB! Sorry I don’t have pics of myself in the dress – its a bit anticlimactic I know. maybe when I have some time (my life has exploded, i’m totlally cheating by being on here to post this instead of brushing up on how to do a thorough neurologic exam!). Anyway, thanks again everyone for all ya’lls support and comments...you guys made it just that much more fun!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm....that was just mean adding in all those little la di da posts
3.gif

But Ginger!!! That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! So elegant!! When do we get to see pictures of YOU in your dress? Reem Acra has some of the most gorgeous details on her gowns. So exciting!!! Congrats on finding the one
1.gif
Now go ace your neurologic exam. Maybe you should wear your dress for good luck
2.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Joy Joy JOY!
Congratulations!
I CANNOT wait to see it on you. It is to DIE for! You didn''t want to take it off! Now that''s what it''s all about!
Hurray!
(and I agree, the da da di das, very mean!!)
31.gif

36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginger B, congrats on finally finding the one! By the way, the green Monique is MY DRESS! I am wearing it to my son''s bar mitzvah in the fall. I ordered it and am awaiting it with anxious glee. I love it, the color is great (I am blonde with blue/hazel eyes) and refused to wear black AGAIN. Anyway, CONGRATS. You will look amazing! Funny to see my dress posted, I have been unable to find it...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOOH.. excellent choice!!! Can''t wait to see pics of it on you! but in the meantime.. I must find the knottie with that dress to tide me over.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
fantastic choice, ginger!!! Just beautiful...such detailing. Please show pics of you ASAP! But study hard first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results