shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes For Diamond White Dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I hope you''ve all had a lovely weekend! I could use some opinions on shoe shopping
1.gif
I''m hoping to order some shoes off the internet this week, and can''t decide if I should order them in white or ivory, since my dress will be diamond white. Has anyone been able to figure this out before?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
For a white dress, I would assume that white shoes would be the best choice. I think things should either match perfectly, or be very different (like getting blue shoes, for example). I imagine ivory shoes with a white dress would look dingy because they''re almost the same color, but not quite.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I also think that white shoes would be the best option. I really love the idea of having bright shoes in a bold colour ( Mine will be hot pink). But I think ivory would conflict with your dress and make your shoes look dirty in comparison in my opinion. Personally I would want to see the colour of the shoes with my dress to see how well they match.

palomablancabride

Rough_Rock
My dress was "natural" (white silk... though more diamond white than white white). I wore Grace shoes in "candlelight" and they matched perfectly.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
How close is your dress to either white or ivory? I ask because my dress is also "diamond white" and I thought it was ivory until they told me what the actual color was. But I''ve seen other diamond white dresses that look practically white, so I think it varies a lot by manufacturer and material. If you want it to match, I think you''ll have to see the shoes next to the dress...but I''m a fan of crazy colors and patterns, so I''m probably not too much help!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Shades of white are very tricky, but I have found candlelight-y/champange-y colors are nice with white and don''t do the dingy thing ivory can do.

If you want it to match the dress exactly I would order the shoes from a site that has free shipping both ways (zappos.com, piperlime.com, and endless.com are a few) and then match them up to a swatch of the fabric. If you don''t have a swatch you can even try to bring them to the store (in the box) to compare to the dress.

Good luck finding a pair!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your help ladies! I''m definitely going to look into either white, candlelight, or some more funky colored shoes instead of wasting my time on "dingy" ivory ones. Even though I won''t know until I see them with the dress, at least I''ll have a start! Also, thank you tropiqalkiwi for the free shipping links
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results