shape
carat
color
clarity

Shapewear with your dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Are you (did you) doing (do) shapewear with your dress?

If so, which brand did you use? What products?

I''m trying to figure out what kind to buy since my dress is very low cut in the back. I''m wearing a low cut bra corset thingie (it''s not really a corset since it goes so low, so the shapewear will have to go over it. It''s made of very thin material), but wanted some shapewear to smooth me out.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
My dress is an a-line (silk organza over a raw silk) and as such hides all manor of flaws. I figure I''ll go with a good bra, but beyond that I''m not going to worry about shapewear. I''d rather be comfortable.

That said, if I was wearing a dress that was a bit more form fitting, I''d definitely go with some spanx!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I have worn spanx with bridesmaid dresses for weddings I have been in, and have been pleased with the results. However, it does make you feel like a cased sausage if you are wearing the full shaper shebangabang (for one of them I even had to wear the full body shaper with HOSE attached, because the bride insisted on spanx and hose for all her bridesmaids as "it would photograph better.")

For my own wedding, I absolutely refuse to go with a body shaper of any kind. Like ladypirate, I will be searching for a good strapless bra and that is it! I want to be comfortable.

Of course, this means crunches are in my near future, as I have a very form-fitting gown.
8.gif

In your case, I think that there is a corset-type thing from spanx that has a really low back and some control stuff in the front to keep it up. I know I've seen them at Victoria's Secret too, but I'm never pleased with their quality there. Or, if you don't reeeeeally need the "control" those soft cup adhesives work too, I've used them before. You have to have a small rack though, they don't work so great for the well-endowed.

*edit*

Since you have a corsetty thing already, maybe just the spanx high-waist bike shorts looking ones. You need the high waist though because then you don't get cut in half. It won't be high enough to come up over the back of your dress, I'm sure.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YES I DID!!!! My dress had a corset bodice with built-in bra so I didn''t need anything under that (got to say Maggie Sottero''s corset worked like a champ I was not expecting it to hold in my DDs and keep them looking good:)) As for shapewear I wore a pair of bike whort looking things from Vistorias secret, they were super comfy and helped to smooth me out. Mine came up high (so as to smooth muffin top as well:) but I think they come in lower varieties too. I did not wear stockings.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My dress has a dropped waist. I''m on the small side but like most people still have that little pouch that bothers me. I plan to bring a long-line bra and spanx to my first fitting to see which works best. If I go with the spanx, I will have the seamstress sew cups in the dress and forget the bra. But the good thing about bustiers (long line bras) is that when you sit in them, they keep you upright and help with your posture, so I''m game to try, especially since my ceremony will involve a church service with standing and sitting. The other thing to consider with spanx is that they may keep you in AT FIRST, but for how long. What will happen after you eat? To me, they''re not as strong as a bustier as far as support for the mid-section. I plan to just try both with my dress and see which is more comfortable and does the better job.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just had cups sewn into my gown for support. It was fitted enough that I didn''t need a real bra. I just made sure to wear underwear that didn''t have big seams on them that would show through my gown.

Rue La La often has Spax boutiques. I think I''ve seen at least 5-6 of them since I joined back in April of last year.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just using those Victoria''s Secret boobie stickers.
11.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I just wore a sticky bra. I''m a B/C depending on the day and I love that thing! It keeps you up without the terrible sinking bra effect that always happens to me with strapless. If only my dress hadn''t been so ill-fitting up top, it would have been fabulous.
20.gif

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I purchased Body Magic by Ardyss International...holy cow that thing really is magic!!!!! It seriously pulls in so much and pushes up the girls that I can wear a size smaller than I normally do!!! It gives me great curves too!

I''ve been wearing it mostly on weekends for full days so that I get used to wearing it on the big day so that I''m not super uncomfortable.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your replies so far, ladies. I think I''ll ask the boutique what they reccommend for shapewear with my style of dress at the first fitting, then buy and try at the 2nd fitting. The girls are pretty big (D), so I definitely need a lot of support in the chest area, lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My torture method of choice is a nude bustier (DDs) with serious boning and a pair o'' Spanx. My dress is a heavy satin, empire waist that covers up many flaws, but I wanted as much shape support and the longest leanest line I could get. Especially with losing the past 25 pounds...

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 3:07:22 PM
Author: FrekeChild
My torture method of choice is a nude bustier (DDs) with serious boning and a pair o'' Spanx. My dress is a heavy satin, empire waist that covers up many flaws, but I wanted as much shape support and the longest leanest line I could get. Especially with losing the past 25 pounds...
Threadjack alert ****sorry****

Liz, aren''t you supposed to be on a plane or something?!?!?
9.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m a pretty big girl and I used spanx, the ones that go from right under your chest down to your thighs, I was actually really comfortable in them. I still use them, any time I need to wear a dress they go on underneath. It''s just a big smooth thing, kind of like an old school leotard without the shoulder parts. I bought mine at Lane Bryant and they were worth the money because I didn''t have to wear a slip or anything else besides them and a bra.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I have this and I love it. I wear it to any special event. It REALLY keeps me sucked in. I like Spanx, but to me, they kinda just seem like really strong pantyhose. I''m willing to give up comfort for my wedding day and feel a little thinner. Anyway, they''re the best I''ve found. The ones I have snap at the crotch like a body suit so you don''t have to pull it up and down to use the restroom. I just unsnap it and go and re-snap it. Handy dandy.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 12:53:34 PM
Author: Liane
I'm just using those Victoria's Secret boobie stickers.
11.gif
Those are amazing. I was very skeptical when I first purchased them because I wear a 34D, but they worked wonders for me. I wore them for over ten hours for my best friend's wedding, and everything stayed exactly where it was supposed to stay. (I did have to double up, though. I wore the U-shaped stickers, and the flower ones together.)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 1:18:01 AM
Author: Haven

Date: 1/6/2010 12:53:34 PM
Author: Liane
I''m just using those Victoria''s Secret boobie stickers.
11.gif
Those are amazing. I was very skeptical when I first purchased them because I wear a 34D, but they worked wonders for me. I wore them for over ten hours for my best friend''s wedding, and everything stayed exactly where it was supposed to stay. (I did have to double up, though. I wore the U-shaped stickers, and the flower ones together.)
Thanks, Haven. I was wondering if they worked for us big busted gals
2.gif

Thanks for all of your tips and product reccommendations, ladies. I definitely want some sort of high panty, one that goes up the chest, possibly to the thighs. I have no problem sacraficing comfort
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results