shape
carat
color
clarity

**LizzieC** are you still around? Dress questions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
LizzieC, if you''re still reading here ... I was just looking at your photos again (am dying to get my dress and your photos are my "fix"!), and I have a few questions for you about the dress:

1. I thought the dress had a small train on it (?), but in your photos, it looks pretty straight. Did you hem it away? Or is there really not a train on it?? I remember it being slight, but I do remember something trailing behind a bit! (Or so I thought.) Then again, the dress I tried on was way too big for me, so maybe I''m just remembering extra fabric -- ?

2. Did you have to add another layer under it to make it not see-through while out in the sun? One bridal shop told me yes, one told me no, so I figured I''d ask someone who wore it in real life in the sun! I don''t want to flash our guests anything inapprorpriate (Oh look, the bride is wearing a g-string!), but I''d rather not bulk it up with any extra layers if I don''t have to!

Thanks! :)

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ell!
1.gif

Sorry it took so long for me to see this! I have been busy busy busy at work and haven''t had my regular PS time! Sadness!

My answers:

1. Hmmm... I want to say that there was a very small (puddle) train on the dress originally ..... but I''m not 100% sure... I''m only 4''11" so it was very pinned up when I tried it on.

2. I wore a tan nu-bra and tan undies ... but no slip or anything else. Worked fine for me!! The dress is so thin, that anything else would probably noticeably bulk it up as you said...

HTH! Sorry for the delayed response!!!
1.gif

Date: 7/5/2006 1:25:19 PM
Author:ellaila
LizzieC, if you''re still reading here ... I was just looking at your photos again (am dying to get my dress and your photos are my ''fix''!), and I have a few questions for you about the dress:

1. I thought the dress had a small train on it (?), but in your photos, it looks pretty straight. Did you hem it away? Or is there really not a train on it?? I remember it being slight, but I do remember something trailing behind a bit! (Or so I thought.) Then again, the dress I tried on was way too big for me, so maybe I''m just remembering extra fabric -- ?

2. Did you have to add another layer under it to make it not see-through while out in the sun? One bridal shop told me yes, one told me no, so I figured I''d ask someone who wore it in real life in the sun! I don''t want to flash our guests anything inapprorpriate (Oh look, the bride is wearing a g-string!), but I''d rather not bulk it up with any extra layers if I don''t have to!

Thanks! :)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lizzie!

My dress should arrive on Thursday -- yay!!
36.gif

I already picked up a NuBra a few weeks ago (after the rave reviews I read here!), so that''d be so sweet if I don''t need to buy anything else for the dress! Will see in a few days ...

So how''s life as a married lady?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results