shape
carat
color
clarity

help! unwanted wedding websites

slg47

Ideal_Rock
automatically set up for me at theknot.com and weddingchannel.com? Does anyone know how to delete these?

surprisingly, theknot.com and weddingchannel.com are NOT helpful. also I couldn't find anything useful when googling.

Thanks!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Best I can tell it is virtually impossible. I emailed customer service and totally got the run-around.

So I just have a totally blank webpage on those sites.

It's INFURIATING. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1302747285|2895611 said:
Best I can tell it is virtually impossible. I emailed customer service and totally got the run-around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

are you serious? I...don't *want* a website on either of those sites! DON'T WANT ONE! I guess I could 'de-register' for knot/wedding channel?

ETA: I figured out a way around this. You can make all of the pages invisible to guests. Then the website just says "the creator of this website has not made any content visible"

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1302748903|2895633 said:
sillyberry|1302747285|2895611 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

are you serious? I...don't *want* a website on either of those sites! DON'T WANT ONE! I guess I could 'de-register' for knot/wedding channel?

ETA: I figured out a way around this. You can make all of the pages invisible to guests. Then the website just says "the creator of this website has not made any content visible"
Yeah, that's what I have (I guess I wasn't clear). It still annoys me that it shows I HAVE a website on there, though!

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Just change your names and no one will know that it's you. I did that and was going with a different wedding website vendor anyway (we wanted a easy to remember domain name) so it didn't matter if people couldn't find me on theknot.com

Hope that helps :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
turboflgrl|1302758640|2895705 said:
Just change your names and no one will know that it's you. I did that and was going with a different wedding website vendor anyway (we wanted a easy to remember domain name) so it didn't matter if people couldn't find me on theknot.com

Hope that helps :))

haha I suggested this and FI looked at me like I was nuts. I think once we get our actual domain name (something like SLG47andFI.com) we will just have one page visible on those sites that says go to this link.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
SB not that I didn't believe you, but I felt like I should e-mail the knot. here is their response (after I asked them to delete the wedding website, NOT my account...)
Please be advised that memberships on TheKnot and the WeddingChannel have
merged.

If you currently have a membership with the WeddingChannel registered under
the same e-mail address, deleting your Knot account will also delete your
WeddingChannel account.

If you have an account with both sites and you do not want to delete your
WeddingChannel account please advise of the reason you would like to delete
your membership so we can see what other options may be available.

However, if you would like us to continue with deleting your account please
advise and we will have your account(s) deleted.

Thank you for choosing The Knot and have a wonderful day!

Kind Regards,
The Knot Customer Service Team

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
I don't know about Wedding Channel, but on The Knot, if you go to the "manage my website" link on the right hand side you can do one of two things (or both):

1. Protect (aka hide) every portion of the website so that it can't be viewed

and more importantly

2. At the very bottom there should be a little blurb that says "Public Search Setting
Click "Remove From Search" if you want to make your site unavailable from public view when users search for your site on The Knot. You can click "Add to Search" to make this site searchable."

That's what I did. I got on The Knot about a year ago because I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and I entered my and my boyfriend (at the time, now fiance)'s info in the "about me" section they were insistent I fill out. All of a sudden we had a wedding website! Eek! We weren't even engaged! I did a lot of sleuthing and searching around and eventually found the remove from search setting. Wedding Channel probably has something similar.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results