shape
carat
color
clarity

dreaming of wedding dress and not even engaged...

How much did you spend on your wedding dress?

• $0-499

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • $500-999

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • $1000-1499

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • $1500-1999

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • $2000-3999

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • $4000-5999

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • $6000+

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ladies! I'd love to get your opinion...I've fallen in love with these custom dresses from an amazing designer. Veluz Reyes. Her blog at http://veluzreyes.blogspot.com,,, you can go oogle pictures there because there would be too many to attach ;)) Every dress is made especially for each of her brides, with amazing lace details and tulle and ruffles!!!! Problem is, I've contacted her for a quote and it comes in the 5-6k range :-o :-o ...I was by no means planning on spending more than 1k on a dress as I believe SO and I will be paying for the vast majority of our wedding ourselves. And we want a smallish wedding. So...please share how much your dresses cost and either convince me that I don't need this outrageously luxurious gown and can find something similar elsewhere OR splurge on it and wear a really awesome dress and get married in a backyard?? Hehe.

Sidenote, we have already purchased my ring. I also am not sure how I feel about wearing a dress that costs as much as my ring...cost per wear wise it just doesn't make sense!!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
There are beautiful dresses to be had at every price range. I would personally not spend more than I budgeted for a wedding dress. I wore a Casablanca 2043 for my wedding. It was under a grand (not including accoutrement), and while not the crazy, couture-style dress I had envisioned, was still a knockout.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1356760753|3342065 said:
Ladies! I'd love to get your opinion...I've fallen in love with these custom dresses from an amazing designer. Veluz Reyes ......... Problem is, I've contacted her for a quote and it comes in the 5-6k range :-o :-o ...I was by no means planning on spending more than 1k on a dress as I believe SO and I will be paying for the vast majority of our wedding ourselves. And we want a smallish wedding. ..................................
Sidenote, we have already purchased my ring. I also am not sure how I feel about wearing a dress that costs as much as my ring...cost per wear wise it just doesn't make sense!!
I TOTALLY know how you feel, but your "sidenote" made excellent sense. You definitely shouldn't pay more for the dress than you did for the ring! My parents & DH & I shared the costs which is the only reason I wore a dress over 2k, but the rings cost quite a bit more than the dress.

It shouldn't be "all or nothing", meaning that you're able to have a beautiful wedding but have to wear a potato sack (although your SO would adore you in anything ;)) ), or you wear a knock-out dress & have a reception at Chucky Cheese on "2 for 1" Saturday's (I made that up, I've never even been to CC but I think you get my point). Figure out your 3-4 MUST have attributes for your dress & then find a dress that has your "musts" that's as close to your budget as possible.

Remember, your wedding budget is made up of agreements & compromises w/ the man you're spending the rest of your life with. TRUST me, if you push the budget too far, you'll never hear the end of it (not a good look)!!! During the course of your marriage, you'll have a lifetime of things to sweet talk your honeybun into (eg, building additional 400 sqft sunroom on house, upgrading baby room furniture, adding bathroom for your guest roomprivacy, splurging on 1st wed anniv, 5 anniv & every 5th after that; splurging on baby's arrival party, baby's 1st bday, 1st day of school, 1st graduation .... Do I really need to go on? All I can tell you is that to this day, my DH is pretty laid back about my splurges because he knows I made certain compromises, etc regarding our wedding. :praise:
:appl: Soooo, when are you getting engaged, I'm so excited!!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Roxy|1356770168|3342138 said:
pandabee|1356760753|3342065 said:
Ladies! I'd love to get your opinion...I've fallen in love with these custom dresses from an amazing designer. Veluz Reyes ......... Problem is, I've contacted her for a quote and it comes in the 5-6k range :-o :-o ...I was by no means planning on spending more than 1k on a dress as I believe SO and I will be paying for the vast majority of our wedding ourselves. And we want a smallish wedding. ..................................
I TOTALLY know how you feel, but your "sidenote" made excellent sense. You definitely shouldn't pay more for the dress than you did for the ring! My parents & DH & I shared the costs which is the only reason I wore a dress over 2k, but the rings cost quite a bit more than the dress.

It shouldn't be "all or nothing", meaning that you're able to have a beautiful wedding but have to wear a potato sack (although your SO would adore you in anything ;)) ), or you wear a knock-out dress & have a reception at Chucky Cheese on "2 for 1" Saturday's (I made that up, I've never even been to CC but I think you get my point). Figure out your 3-4 MUST have attributes for your dress & then find a dress that has your "musts" that's as close to your budget as possible.

Remember, your wedding budget is made up of agreements & compromises w/ the man you're spending the rest of your life with. TRUST me, if you push the budget too far, you'll never hear the end of it (not a good look)!!! During the course of your marriage, you'll have a lifetime of things to sweet talk your honeybun into (eg, building additional 400 sqft sunroom on house, upgrading baby room furniture, adding bathroom for your guest roomprivacy, splurging on 1st wed anniv, 5 anniv & every 5th after that; splurging on baby's arrival party, baby's 1st bday, 1st day of school, 1st graduation .... Do I really need to go on? All I can tell you is that to this day, my DH is pretty laid back about my splurges because he knows I made certain compromises, etc regarding our wedding. :praise:
:appl: Soooo, when are you getting engaged, I'm so excited!!!! :appl:

Haha, I know it shouldn't be all or nothing, I was just trying to dramatisize the situation in order to make a point :cheeky:. That's a great point about all the other things in the future we will need to negotiate about. The 1k budget wasn't actually a budget (I have no idea how many people we want exactly, where it'll be, or what kind of budget I'll need but it was just an idea in my head considering it's just a (beautiful) dress I'll wear for one day.

We have talked that a proposal is on the horizon before next Christmas!! It's a wide time range but in reality it'll probably be more in the May to next Christmas period as we graduate from professional school in May. ::)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: hi pandabee!

I'm not engaged yet either, but here's my 2 cents...i have seen people in 200 dollar dresses on sale that look fab...and 10k dresses that look fab...there are dresses at every price point that are amazing! I'm a firm believer in the cheapest dress i can find that looks stunning on me...i do believe the dress picks YOU (not the other way around)...i have bought so many dresses that looked like poo on the rack and when i put them on...BAM, sold!

I also am planning on a trash the dress sesh...so really since i will only be wearing it 2x...LOL i really rather not spend a ton...i would say under 1k would be my budget.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My dress was $400 from David's Bridal and I absolutely LOVED it with all of my heart. I STILL do. Is the fabric luxurious? Heck no. But with less than $100 of alterations and extras (a gorgeous sash made by Claritek and a purple one from etsy), I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world on my wedding day. So you don't need to spend that much money on an amazing dress! You can find one anywhere at any price point!

Shumate%20bride_groom-1004%20copy.jpg

Wedding%2037.jpg

Wedding%2052.jpg

Shumate184.jpg

(The first three pictures are from our wedding, the fourth is from our post-wedding shoot in my hometown, since we got married in his.)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1356802292|3342283 said:
:wavey: hi pandabee!

I'm not engaged yet either, but here's my 2 cents...i have seen people in 200 dollar dresses on sale that look fab...and 10k dresses that look fab...there are dresses at every price point that are amazing! I'm a firm believer in the cheapest dress i can find that looks stunning on me...i do believe the dress picks YOU (not the other way around)...i have bought so many dresses that looked like poo on the rack and when i put them on...BAM, sold!

I also am planning on a trash the dress sesh...so really since i will only be wearing it 2x...LOL i really rather not spend a ton...i would say under 1k would be my budget.

hi LLC! :wavey: Everything you said was exactly my thought process..until I fell in love with those dresses!!!! Curse expensive taste... :wacko:

vc your dress is gorgeous! And I definitely agree...you can find a great dress at any price range. I'm just looking to see what people's thoughts are on splurging on a dress when we all do so much research on our expensive bling.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a dream dress that I was ready to spend a lot of money to get ... I was set on it i was going to make it happen
6262886951335867_kxa8q1ct_c.jpg
and when I went to try on dresses the shape looked absolutely dreadful!! Then i was upset because if that shape didnt fit my figure, i was sure nothing would look good me... i was so upset. then i saw one I thought "might as well'... and it was fantastic! and 3k under my budget.
img_3280.jpg

basically my point is the same as one of the PP. intentions are good but before you worry about how to pay for it, try a lot on. Sometimes the right dress pics you

audball

Ideal_Rock
I agree! My ring cost less than yours but same principal - I can't see spending that kind of money for a dress I'll wear once!

I think I've decided that I will only be shopping at David's Bridal because even their most expensive dresses are under 1,500. With really only a small percentage actually costing more than 1k. I'm hoping to do like LLC says, find the cheapest dress that makes me feel amazing!

If I could scrounge up an extra 6k, I can think of A LOT of other things I'd rather spend it on than a dress! I am engaged now and still daydream about dresses. FI and have discussed a timeline of 1 1/2 - 2 years out for our date so I'm not in any hurry to start dress shopping so I still feel like I'm pretended by peeking around online!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
aud, don't limit yourself to David's if you don't find your perfect dress there! With a $1500 budget, there are a TON of designers out there in your range! I would just be explicit with the boutiques you visit that you will not purchase a dress over that budget so it is useless to show you one. You can also do your due diligence first and get a quote on dresses you like from Pearl's Place and then only ask to try on specific styles that you know will end up in your budget.

But there's also nothing wrong with David's (obviously)! So if that's your plan, go for it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1356902409|3343015 said:
aud, don't limit yourself to David's if you don't find your perfect dress there! With a $1500 budget, there are a TON of designers out there in your range! I would just be explicit with the boutiques you visit that you will not purchase a dress over that budget so it is useless to show you one. You can also do your due diligence first and get a quote on dresses you like from Pearl's Place and then only ask to try on specific styles that you know will end up in your budget.

But there's also nothing wrong with David's (obviously)! So if that's your plan, go for it!
Aww, thanks vc. I really don't think I'd be comfortable spending 1,500...so I think it'll be David's for me! I'm hoping to get a dress for under $500, but I'm open to up to $1k I think if I can't find something I love for the lower end. I'm NOT picky about fabrics and things so I'm sure I can find something under $700 pretty happily. We shall see! I'll definitely start with David's only inch up in price (or change shops) if I really can't find something that makes me happy.

Sidenote: I LOVED your dress!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the opinions ladies...keep em coming!! I guess the other thing I forgot to mention, I have always thought I would splurge on a big piece of jewelry...maybe the Cartier orchid necklace to represent my mom. That is in the 8k range so maybe this would be justified if I got this dress instead?? Hehe. I feel like I am trying to talk myself into it buuuut it's definitely harder to justify an expensive dress compared to a gorgeous piece of jewelry you can wear again and again!! Also the thrifty part of me wants SO bad to just find an awesome dress at a steal. What to do, what to do!!! I guess I'll have to table this for now until I get engaged and have some time to actually try on more dresses... :cheeky:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
audball|1356902586|3343018 said:
vc10um|1356902409|3343015 said:

Aww, thanks vc. I really don't think I'd be comfortable spending 1,500...so I think it'll be David's for me! I'm hoping to get a dress for under $500, but I'm open to up to $1k I think if I can't find something I love for the lower end. I'm NOT picky about fabrics and things so I'm sure I can find something under $700 pretty happily. We shall see! I'll definitely start with David's only inch up in price (or change shops) if I really can't find something that makes me happy.

Sidenote: I LOVED your dress!

That definitely makes more sense why you would stick to DB, then...I misunderstood your "under $1500" comment as your budget and not just a general statement on their selection. :D And thank you (and pandabee) for your compliments! They motivated me to get my dress out of the back of the closet and put her on for a few minutes. :appl: I'll be excited to watch your wedding plans develop as I've been silently lurking and following yours and A's story ever since the dissolution of your previous relationship. SO SO thrilled for you! (And chance you're planning on getting married where he proposed?) /end threadjack...sorry pandabee!

Oh, as for the jewelry vs. dress splurge...I would ALWAYS say bling because you won't always be able to wear your wedding dress!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well as my dress is from DB, I think you know where I stand on this issue. :wink2:

But seriously - you can find a gorgeous dress at any price point! Spend your money on something that's going to LAST; my dress is from DB and came in at just under $800, and I still feel like even that is a bit too much for a dress I'm only going to wear once (well, twice if you count a possible TTD shoot).

vc10- LOVE your dress! :love:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Audball, just so you know, I spent well under $500 (my dress budget) and I went to a local bridal boutique (that said, I picked it based on excellent reviews and comments that said they were not snobby and didn't only have high priced gowns). There's nothing wrong with David's Bridal, but you may be surprised by what you can find at a local boutique, too. I told my attendant flat out my budget, and that I didn't have time to order a dress, and she didn't show me ANYTHING over my budget... and I loooove my dress and feel amazing in it.

My top 3 dresses were: (1st choice) $300 (marked down from around $800, IIRC), $499, and $99. Yes, they showed me a dress that was 99 dollars, and it was beautiful, just not "the dress." It would have required a lot of altering down to fit, too-- my $300 dress that fit perfectly off the rack probably was a cheaper dress in the end.

Pandabee, I looked through that blog and there is absolutely no doubt that those are gorgeous, stunning, beautiful dresses, and they are certainly worth the money. But, yes, I personally could never justify spending $5-6000 on a dress that I will wear once-- maybe if I were independently wealthy (or my parents were and gave me a huge budget) and money was no object, but that's just not the case for me (and I'm okay with that).

That said, if you really feel like it could be worth it to you, I'd suggest that you go try on dresses at a boutique first (or a few boutiques)-- bring close friends, have a party!-- and make sure you won't find something you love on, before you make that price commitment. Even pricey wedding jewelry would end up being a lower cost-per-wear than a wedding dress, if it's something you'd wear again... (I'm only getting jewelry and shoes that I know I will continue to wear after the ceremony. But I'm not going for a super traditional, all ivory-or-white color scheme-- I love color!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1356919835|3343204 said:
That definitely makes more sense why you would stick to DB, then...I misunderstood your "under $1500" comment as your budget and not just a general statement on their selection. :D And thank you (and pandabee) for your compliments! They motivated me to get my dress out of the back of the closet and put her on for a few minutes. :appl: I'll be excited to watch your wedding plans develop as I've been silently lurking and following yours and A's story ever since the dissolution of your previous relationship. SO SO thrilled for you! (And chance you're planning on getting married where he proposed?) /end threadjack...sorry pandabee!

Oh, as for the jewelry vs. dress splurge...I would ALWAYS say bling because you won't always be able to wear your wedding dress!
Yep! I reread what I wrote and I see how/why you thought that was the budget, I wasn't super clear. But yeah, I definitely don't WANT to spend that much, I just figure, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I went with friends/family and someone pulled something out of budget like happens SO often on all the shows! It's by no means an unheard of amount for a dress, but I definitely am not planning on going above $500 if I can find something I love. I'll literally try on every dress in that range or less before moving up in budget! I'm that practical!

And THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love how many people have been watching our story and are excited to watch the rest of our happy ending unfold. :love:

And LOVE that you went and tried on your gown! It's another reason I kind of want to keep the budget small so I can justify keeping it. I almost want to use it as a gauge to keep teeny year to year so I can try it on around our anniversary!

audball

Ideal_Rock
chloeishere|1357007814|3344688 said:
Audball, just so you know, I spent well under $500 (my dress budget) and I went to a local bridal boutique (that said, I picked it based on excellent reviews and comments that said they were not snobby and didn't only have high priced gowns). There's nothing wrong with David's Bridal, but you may be surprised by what you can find at a local boutique, too. I told my attendant flat out my budget, and that I didn't have time to order a dress, and she didn't show me ANYTHING over my budget... and I loooove my dress and feel amazing in it.

My top 3 dresses were: (1st choice) $300 (marked down from around $800, IIRC), $499, and $99. Yes, they showed me a dress that was 99 dollars, and it was beautiful, just not "the dress." It would have required a lot of altering down to fit, too-- my $300 dress that fit perfectly off the rack probably was a cheaper dress in the end.
And yes - true. There is one place locally that I know of that sells gowns off the rack. Two friends I know have purchased their dresses there for under $600 and you walk out with the exact dress you try on same day. It'll definitely be worth an appointment!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1356919835|3343204 said:

No problem! I have been known many a time to derail threads hehe. I do love the jewelry vs. dress splurge because jewelry always makes sense!!! :naughty:

chloeishere|1357007814|3344688 said:

Pandabee, I looked through that blog and there is absolutely no doubt that those are gorgeous, stunning, beautiful dresses, and they are certainly worth the money. But, yes, I personally could never justify spending $5-6000 on a dress that I will wear once-- maybe if I were independently wealthy (or my parents were and gave me a huge budget) and money was no object, but that's just not the case for me (and I'm okay with that).

That said, if you really feel like it could be worth it to you, I'd suggest that you go try on dresses at a boutique first (or a few boutiques)-- bring close friends, have a party!-- and make sure you won't find something you love on, before you make that price commitment. Even pricey wedding jewelry would end up being a lower cost-per-wear than a wedding dress, if it's something you'd wear again... (I'm only getting jewelry and shoes that I know I will continue to wear after the ceremony. But I'm not going for a super traditional, all ivory-or-white color scheme-- I love color!)
Thanks, I do recognize that I need to actually try some dresses on first. ;)) I have an idea what style I want but obviously I could end up with something much different. I don't think I'm that picky on fabrics (except I don't think I want anything satin or that shiny look). Sigh...it's definitely a great dream though!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
You will figure it out. We all will! In the end, everyone has a priority. If an amazing dress is yours, there isn't anything wrong with that! Some people care most about venue, or flowers, or pictures, some about jewelry, or even the dress. There is no wrong answer.

My friend spent more on her dress than her engagement ring because the dress was most important to her (granted she doesn't have a huge PS ring and her dress was still from DB), but still, principal is the same. I can't wait to see your plans! He better get that sparkly on your finger SOON!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
my dress was $700 and it was by Mori Lee. It was gorgeous and on sale. My mothers friend of a friend had a boutique that we went to in Chicago and we bought it off the rack. I suggest going to a small place (unless you want to go to david's bridal) and see what they have. Normally you can find a gorgeous designer dress for a lot less! Unless you live in new york (or new jersey) and can go to that store that has a show on TLC about having designer gowns for a ton (and i mean like 50% + off!!! ) off.

I also agree, spend less on the dress and more on other things (like a house down payment :lol: ) . It is possible though to find designer gowns on a budget. My suggestion would be to find your dream gown and then do as much research as you can to find the absolute best price. Usually this isn't possible with brand new designers...

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Well...I was browsing through another wedding site (oops) and found some dresses similar to the look I like! Unfortunately none of these will have the detail on the back that I like, but I like everything else about them (silhouette, skirt, bust). 2 of them are at a bridal shop close by so I'll have to pop in some time and try them on. Not sure if I should drag a friend with me or not! Anyone have any first hand experience with these? They were all really popular on the other sites.

Watters Devenport

Watters Claire (similar but the sweetheart seems deeper and I'm not sure I have the cleavage to pull that off :-o this one does have a plain top though so I guess I could always find an illusion sleeve top or something to wear over it?)

Maggie Sottero Anniston

Enzoani Dabra

devenport.png

claire.png

anniston.png

enzoani.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I only have experience with Watters when it comes to Bridesmaid dresses, but mine was pretty impeccable! Lovely fabric (we were in chiffon) with a nice weight and flow, and lovely detailing. Also very accurate to their size chart. You can purchase Watters and Wtoo dresses through Pearl's Place: they will most likely have the lowest cost by far. If you would prefer to use a local shop, be sure to get the quote from Pearl's Place to use to possibly negotiate for a reduced price or freebies (like alterations or a veil).

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
I'm probably going to have my dress made by her ::) :twirl:
Like you, haven't found anything that makes my heart flutter like that. BUT, the long distance fittings, doing everything online or via skype scares me. OR having to fly to the Philippines for fittings only adds more cost to it. So, I'm hoping after I get engaged, I can scurry to try on dresses in a salon & fall in love with something waaay cheaper. If not, may have to go custom.
My mother says she is paying for the dress, so thank God for that.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1357403713|3348009 said:
I only have experience with Watters when it comes to Bridesmaid dresses, but mine was pretty impeccable! Lovely fabric (we were in chiffon) with a nice weight and flow, and lovely detailing. Also very accurate to their size chart. You can purchase Watters and Wtoo dresses through Pearl's Place: they will most likely have the lowest cost by far. If you would prefer to use a local shop, be sure to get the quote from Pearl's Place to use to possibly negotiate for a reduced price or freebies (like alterations or a veil).

Ooh somehow I missed this earlier. That is good to know! I will keep that in mind for the future...thanks! ::)

CaprineSun|1357764999|3351512 said:
I'm probably going to have my dress made by her ::) :twirl:
Like you, haven't found anything that makes my heart flutter like that. BUT, the long distance fittings, doing everything online or via skype scares me. OR having to fly to the Philippines for fittings only adds more cost to it. So, I'm hoping after I get engaged, I can scurry to try on dresses in a salon & fall in love with something waaay cheaper. If not, may have to go custom.
My mother says she is paying for the dress, so thank God for that.

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: That would be dreamy!!! Please post a million pictures and everything if you do. What styles (in general) are you thinking?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Depending on your shape, I absolutely love the second to last one and the last one!!! Gorgeous!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with a dress at DB (online, at least) that I have a hard time imagining will look good on *me*. Depressing, huh?

I've chatted with several friends who are already married and most said that dresses they loved in pictures weren't good on them when the time came to try them on. It seems to be a common theme that you end up in a different cut or shape than you love in pictures.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1358201438|3355513 said:
I'm in love with a dress at DB (online, at least) that I have a hard time imagining will look good on *me*. Depressing, huh?

Nooo, think happy thoughts! You won't know until you try it, and don't beat yourself up about until you know for sure. And even if it doesn't work, who cares? You might find something you like even better!

I've chatted with several friends who are already married and most said that dresses they loved in pictures weren't good on them when the time came to try them on. It seems to be a common theme that you end up in a different cut or shape than you love in pictures.

Sometimes! But in my case, my dress is the very first one I fell in love with online before I went out to try dresses on. My dress search took a few different turns, but apparently my first instinct was the correct one! I remember the first time I saw a picture of it online, I actually gave an audible gasp and then swooned over it for a long time before getting engaged. Then I let myself become confused by all the different options in the store, second-guessed myself until I was blue in the face, and ultimately ended up with my dress. :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1358204773|3355557 said:
Nooo, think happy thoughts! You won't know until you try it, and don't beat yourself up about until you know for sure. And even if it doesn't work, who cares? You might find something you like even better!

Sometimes! But in my case, my dress is the very first one I fell in love with online before I went out to try dresses on. My dress search took a few different turns, but apparently my first instinct was the correct one! I remember the first time I saw a picture of it online, I actually gave an audible gasp and then swooned over it for a long time before getting engaged. Then I let myself become confused by all the different options in the store, second-guessed myself until I was blue in the face, and ultimately ended up with my dress. :lol:
That's encouraging! I guess we'll see. I have set an initial goal weight where I'll allow myself to go dress perusing...I'm only 23.2 lbs away! I'm hoping to be able to go late Spring/early Summer...

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Say you wind up not suiting the styles you love in pictures.. I imagine once you are in one that makes you look like a slammin' babe you'll forget about all about it!

Speaking of DREAMING OF WEDDING DRESS AND NOT EVEN ENGAGED..., I have found one that I really like! Its actually one of SO's former admirers wedding dress, TEE HEE. The designer was tagged in the photos on FB - thanks digital age! AND its around the $400-$500 USD mark.

People on other wedding boards get stuff made overseas. Lots-o-threads to read about the experience!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1358211600|3355649 said:
Say you wind up not suiting the styles you love in pictures.. I imagine once you are in one that makes you look like a slammin' babe you'll forget about all about it!

Speaking of DREAMING OF WEDDING DRESS AND NOT EVEN ENGAGED..., I have found one that I really like! Its actually one of SO's former admirers wedding dress, TEE HEE. The designer was tagged in the photos on FB - thanks digital age! AND its around the $400-$500 USD mark.

People on other wedding boards get stuff made overseas. Lots-o-threads to read about the experience!

Yeah, I've seen lots of dresses from China. Some stuff isn't bad depending on what you want them to replicate, but I (and SO) would hate the idea of supporting Chinese sweatshops (even though most of these dresses are probably made there!)

I have an appointment at a local bridal shop with a friend next Friday to play with some dresses so I can see what styles look best!! From my online likes I seem to gravitate toward a certain style but we shall see how I look IRL. She is already engaged but we are approaching it as a preview for the real deal before she goes with family/friends to look for realsies (and she was kind enough to let me tag along so I don't have to go alone or make my other friends think I'm crazypants). Will keep y'all updated!!! ::) audball I think you'll look amazing in anything!! I can't wait to see some of the options you try on!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results