shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY Program and Card Box

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if anyone else is DIYing stuff, but I finished my programs, card box and favour tags!

Here is the card box. It is simple, but I couldn''t find what I really wanted so this was an easy second.

IMG_4914.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the favour tag. Yes, it is a blatant rip-off of someone else''s that I found online, but ther is some great ideas out there!!

These are going on candy apples.

IMG_4918.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great! We used a birdcage as well for our cards
1.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 2:10:37 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Everything looks great! We used a birdcage as well for our cards
1.gif
We originally were going to use a vintage mailbox, but I couldn''t find the exact one I wanted for the price I wanted to pay! I bought the cage as a back up from a discount home store just in case and can''t handle the stress of searching for the perfect mailbox!

Thanks!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone really talented PSer! These all look amazing, good job!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I am just trying to give back since I got so many ideas from other brides!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
They look fabulous! Very cute and very nicely finished.

Where/how did you do the program and tags? Did you have someone cut them for you, or did you cut them yourself? Did you put them together yourself? I''m just wondering how much effort I''d have to put in to recreate your pretty details =).

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 3:49:12 PM
Author: kittybean

Where/how did you do the program and tags? Did you have someone cut them for you, or did you cut them yourself? Did you put them together yourself? I''m just wondering how much effort I''d have to put in to recreate your pretty details =).
I actually got the templates from this site: http://www.gnyc.net/senseless/2006/06/10/diy-fan-programs/

I guess she was a former bride who is helping the world one template at a time!

The tags were super easy and easy to cut out using a paper chopper.

The programs - that is another story. I did them sort of last minute so we used the big paper chopper on the straight edges and I hand cut the two curved ends. What a gong show! It was doable, but a PITA and didn''t end up as perfect as I usually like (not that anyone else would notice!).

There are vendors who will do it for you, or maybe if you knew a printer/paper place that uses a laser cutter? There would be a set up fee etc though...

Either way, I hand cut. It was a pain, but we saved money and I''m happy with how they turned out!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 4:02:10 PM
Author: October2008bride
Date: 9/30/2008 3:49:12 PM

Author: kittybean

I actually got the templates from this site: http://www.gnyc.net/senseless/2006/06/10/diy-fan-programs/

I guess she was a former bride who is helping the world one template at a time!

The tags were super easy and easy to cut out using a paper chopper.

The programs - that is another story. I did them sort of last minute so we used the big paper chopper on the straight edges and I hand cut the two curved ends. What a gong show! It was doable, but a PITA and didn''t end up as perfect as I usually like (not that anyone else would notice!).

There are vendors who will do it for you, or maybe if you knew a printer/paper place that uses a laser cutter? There would be a set up fee etc though...

Either way, I hand cut. It was a pain, but we saved money and I''m happy with how they turned out!
Thanks so much for the tips & explanations. I''m bookmarking that site. I have a pretty good paper cutter, but I''m not sure how I''d do cutting a couple hundred programs. We''ll have to see.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great!!!! I can''t wait to see pics!

Good luck this weekend :)

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your DIY projects look great! I love the font and actually used it on my website! Would you mind sharing where you got the damask /dingbat / image for the tags? Thanks!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 7:28:49 PM
Author: CaliCushion
Wow, your DIY projects look great! I love the font and actually used it on my website! Would you mind sharing where you got the damask /dingbat / image for the tags? Thanks!
I can''t remember, but I will attach it so you can save it!

damask_single.jpg

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks great!

We''re doing caramel apples - fun idea eh?!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results