shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I wear ivory to a rehearsal dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m attending a rehearsal dinner this Thursday and I have an ivory dress in my closet that I was thinking about wearing. Specifically, ivory lace over beige linen. Do the rules against guests wearing white apply to the rehearsal? If a guest wore white to my rehearsal dinner I wouldn''t mind, but maybe other brides would care. What do you think?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
How well do you know the bride and her family? Can you ask? Even so, I would probably steer away from that colour just to avoid any hassles, or issues. Sometimes other guests can be worse than the bride IYKWIM. But that is just me.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I would confidently wear it. It is not the wedding and it is in the evening...appropriate for an evening event.

DKS

but you have to know I still am wearing white capris and shorts...and it is after labor day!!
32.gif
It was 92 degrees today. Get over it!!

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
GS...I just reread my post...I was trying to express my non traditional interpretation of fashion, and that I may not be the best one to ask about proper colors...as the example I provided. But in no way was I trying to infer that ivory is inappropriate for the season. I just meant to point out I am still wearing white...because of the temperature...not the calendar. Which actually has nothing to do with your etiquette question of wearing a shade of white to a wedding event.

My snide remark was aimed at my in-laws who will actually shutter at toes being shown after labor day (and all the other fashiopn rules...). I had lunch with my sister in law and she was wearing knee high boots, and wool. IT was 92 and we were having lunch on at a sunny patio diner. I asked aren''t you hot? She said it didn''t matter, it was after labor day (about 4 days after) and therefore wouldn''t dare wear open toed sandals. I was in denim slacks and a great pair of toe bearing sandals. Oh kay...gottcha. I got the slap loud and clear.

OK enough about ME!! Your ivory will be elegant and appropriate and as the other poster mentioned the bride is not going to be in her dress-that is main reason you shy from wearing that color at the actual ceremony. Let her part the red see in white...as you fade into the background. But the party before...no color rules. Kiss kiss.
emlips.gif

DKS

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
DKS-- lol...no worries..

You guys have a great point, the bride is not in her dress yet. I'm sure I could dig up a different outfit, but I wanted to wear this particular dress so I can get some use out of it before the weather gets too cold. Now I plan to wear it. I'm probably going to put a jacket over it anyway. Thanks guys!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i think it''s totally OK for the night before....

but just thought i''d share this little ditty....

my FI best girl friend from HS (we are now friends) told me how excited she was about the dress she got for our wedding.... it''s CREAM....

like duh!!!!!!!!!

and it''s not like she doesn''t know..... blech!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results