shape
carat
color
clarity

Cake Toppers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
There have been many threads about cakes but what are you/have you all used for cake toppers? I need some ideas!!! Thanks.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
The lovebirds will be ours, too!!! I think they''re great because they can be displayed around the house after the wedding!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I had wanted an antique or vintage cake topper, but the prices were way higher than I wanted to spend. At Macy''s, I saw a Lenox cake topper of a couple dancing under an arch, and decided to make that my very first ''wedding'' purchase. It is off-white bone china; and has a place of honor on our bookshelf along with my dried bouquet in a vase and one of our invitations in a silver frame.

I didn''t go the more modern route of - say - a monogram, because I have a very old-fashioned hubby who would have thought "WTH is that?"
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 12:15:49 PM
Author: angielea
Here''s ours..
I absolutely love your . . . turtle doves?? Lovebirds??? Whatever they are, they are beautiful!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
We're planning to use this Precious Moments figurine - "To Have and to Hold". The funniest thing is that FI picked it as his favorite (I was torn between a lot of different options), but he's riding on the likelihood that everyone will assume *I* picked it. Heaven forbid anyone question his manliness.
9.gif

ETA: He's definitely a romantic.

41XFJ7aA4GL._SS400_.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2008 1:39:46 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 6/9/2008 12:15:49 PM
Author: angielea
Here''s ours..
I absolutely love your . . . turtle doves?? Lovebirds??? Whatever they are, they are beautiful!
Ditto! Those are so sweet, delicate and beautiful!! I think I want them just to have in my living room!!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i found our "cupcake" topper on ebay - one of the things that i trawled the ebay listings for months for. it was actually a whole bridal party set but we only used the bride and groom - they were the perfect size and incorporated the sage color that was our wedding color. they are wooden and were made in east germany.

cupcake_bridalparty_topper.JPG

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking about doing something like this.....this was Carmen Electra''s cake. In the book DIY Bride they have instructions on how to make one yourself, basically just get some wire and some big fake crystals, curl the wire a bit and stick into the cake....probably want pretty lightweight wire and plastic crystals so they don''t fall over....if I give it a shot I''ll post pics for sure!

cake_elektra.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2008 3:35:59 PM
Author: ringster
i found our ''cupcake'' topper on ebay - one of the things that i trawled the ebay listings for months for. it was actually a whole bridal party set but we only used the bride and groom - they were the perfect size and incorporated the sage color that was our wedding color. they are wooden and were made in east germany.
This is so adorable! Kudos to your ebay shopping skills!
36.gif

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, modernsparkler! I haven''t gotten it yet, but will post pics when I do - the lady was supernice to work with, so as long as it turns out like it''s supposed to, I highly recommend her!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought the cute cuddling love birds too! I think they are cute for a cake topper-- but I gotta tell ya, the pics make the quality look like Lenox and we are talking 2 dollar souveniers from chinatown quality in real life. We're using flowers for the cake top and I'll use the birds on our placecard table as a centerpiece in a vine nest covered of flower petals I think. Like I said, they are cute, but I was (stupidly, most likely) dissappointed in the quality-- on top of a cake though, I don't think anyone will be able to tell.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
this one works best for me as this is the way we kiss when one goes to pick up the other at the airport. I can''t get the usual bride and groom standing next to each other as my groom is much taller than me so it wouldn''t be a true depiction of us. if you see any short brides with tall grooms, let me know!

toppernoel.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Just got mine today - love, love, love! Don''t mind the black napkin - it''s covering the spikes that hold it into the cake, which are removable but I don''t want to fiddle with them too much before the wedding. It''s from Toppers With Glitz

Lstar.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Came across the Weddingstar website the other day. Some unique wedding toppers if that is what you are seeking.

Here is a link if you would like to check out this website.

Good luck with your search! Hope you find something you love!
35.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
We couldn''t find any that we loved and didn''t get negative feedback on, so since I''m a star freak and somehow managed NOT to have stars EVERYWHERE in any other parts of the wedding (aside from possibly my hair) we''re having a spray of stars on the top of ours, made by the baker. :D

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
This is the one we''re using its from things remembered. We also got it engraved which I think is pretty cool.

Our_Topper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results