carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal » 17 May 2012 18:09

OK, now for the RING.

This ring is to commemorate/symbolize (justify the purchase, whatever you want to call it) my upcoming 40th birthday. TGuy and I have been through our fair share of great and not so great times, so I did like the cheesy trilogy yesterday/today/tomorrow idea. Also this is the year that he got snipped, defining us as just a three person family. And lastly, because my mom contributed to it, the three stones also represent the three generations of women in my family (Thanks to Alj for that sweet idea.)

I wanted to keep the stones altogether from the brooch, even though profile-wise they weren’t an exact match. The profile might drive some PSers bonkers, but I like that one of the stones isn’t as high as the other two. Kind of makes me think it represents Amelia, who has still some growing to do.

Because of the crown profiles not matching, and the fact the ring is handmade, it’s not “perfect”…which I like! It has quirks and nuances, and is full of surprises.

The inspiration ring is one that Coati posted on my original thread, and I went searching online and found more pics. The inspiration ring is done with a 2 carat center and 1 carat sides, so it’s HUGE, but I liked the octagons and the general flow of the ring. I wanted more delicate octagons though…something where it wasn’t blatantly obvious, but would lend a little something different to the ring. I tried on round bezel 3 stones and they didn’t look great on my hand. I wanted a vintage feel, but not too ornate as my wedding set is very modern. The very delicate/thin octagon appealed to me in the gold ring we found as a model, as well as the straight/clean lines of the gallery (which matched my engagement ring feel.)

There are some differences between the original gold ring that I used as a model and my finished ring. First I noticed is that the prongs on the original are rounded, and mine come to claw points. I think it is because the original held a sapphire with a very low crown. Due to the higher crown on my stones, making them claws refines the look. These prongs are TINY, I can hardly see them IRL, and even on the smaller side stones it does not appear crowded. Joni instructed the jeweler that the first priority was to make sure all the stones were very secure. They did a great job because the center stone is wonkier shaped than the other two (I can tell with a loupe easily, it’s much harder with the naked eye in this setting). The prongs on the almost transitional stone are flatter, but I expected there would be some differences due to crown height. Again, doesn’t bother me at all.

The other difference is one I’ll mention further down. The engraver engraved this ring differently to the original. I’m not sure if I like it or don’t. I think he may have done it for aesthetics, or maybe just did it differently because he didn’t think to emulate the other ring. Anyway, I’ll point out the differences and see what you all think. I’m going to wear it for at least a week to let it grow on me, which it already is. Everything else about the ring is perfect for me. The gifted diamonds on the shank are lovely and allow every view from the side and top to be sparkle heaven.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ee-stone-ring-by-23rd-street-jewelers.175582/

tgal.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover » 05 Jun 2012 19:35

It's finally perfect!

First I bought the pear from the Bistro, .32cts E color VS2 (I think that was it). I brought it to GOG because I wanted to buy one of their AVR melee and have them bezel set the two in a pendant. I think it's a .09ct also E color. They did and I loved it. I wore it everyday! It was pretty small but I loved the look.

Then David from DBL posted a whole box of little yellow diamonds and I made an appointment to go see him. I was thinking I could have a similar pendant made in yellow to switch it up from time to time. When I went to visit I got to play with all kinds of goodies but none of the little yellows were working for me unless they were out of budget

Then David told me he had a few other stones I might like and pulled out this wonky little OMB. I knew it was perfect! It's a .51 K VS2, he added the new beautiful bezel to my existing pendant and it's gone from pretty but small to hello baby!

I love love love the bold flashes from the OMB and I even like the culet. i have it on a nice long chain so I can look at it and play with it all day.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...b-brought-to-me-by-the-bistro-gog-dbl.176298/

asscher.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Treenbean » 05 Jun 2012 17:19

So I have been collecting loose colored stones for a few years now. I have an appreciation for top color stones but my budget and taste doesn't really afford me to collect the best of the best. I love gray stones and antiques and old patina on metal. So over the years I have been purchasing gray, lilac, somewhat colorless spinels. The luster is blinding and the shards and flashes of pinks and blues and yellow that are thrown from them are amazing.

I promised myself that I would start to set stones this year.

Inspired by the posts of Zahraleyla, I started to email Mike Robinson of http://www.rdgnz.com/... I honestly love his work. He is so talented. It's like being able to talk to and work with a modern day Frederic Boucheron (if Boucheron actually did his own bench work). Mike R has mad skills he designs, illustrates, creates, photographs, and carves. They are a family business where they take care of every detail. Thanks so much for my ring Mike!

The center stone is a Lilac/gray spinel purchased from ebay vendor Marnar of colorgemshop http://stores.ebay.com/colorgemshop He stands behind his gemstones and offers full money back guarantees if the stone isn't as stated. It is hard to trust ebay vendors but I trust Marnar. AGL has verified my spinels from him.

The side stones are from GOG. Little AVC's in a high color, M I think. Love them, love their service.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-avc-sides-by-brilliant-mike-robinson.176290/

treen.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laughinggravy0 » 04 Jun 2012 13:29

The happy couple

.... and a real life perspective. oh 5.25 finger - 1.48 cushion, J VS1 (but EGI). I see some colour in some lights and at some angles. But, to me, that just adds to the stone's character and interest. I did have a d colour once, and in all honesty I truly prefer this - although that is also due to the fact that James' work is such a delight and that we bought a piece of jewellery rather than a stone and then a setting. The fact that my 'fiancé' is such a good, dear, funny friend and companion helps a tad too!!!

A while ago, when we were thinking of this ring, I asked fellow Mayer owning prices copers how high this design sat and if they found it inconvenient. They all said it was very comfortable and they were absolutely right. I sleep and do everything except my yoga classes in this (I'm not sporty otherwise) and it fees safe, comfortable and only noticeable for its beauty. can't fee its on.

Stone size: personally i would not want to go any bigger. It has presence but because the setting is so delicate, I wear it, it doesn't wear me. And I'm the sort of person that feels foolish in a hat.

Yellow gold, platinum wraps and bezel. For my skin tone and the stone's colour, its perfect.

Bands: we'll go visit the Meyers later in the year and will buy the matching bands. can't wait. First real holiday in the States, two weeks mostly in Maine. This is such a great year (and I speak with a very recently dislocated shoulder )

That's my great news. Hope May was as good to you

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/very-lucky-woman-james-meyer-goodness.176234/

laughing.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ponder » 06 Jun 2012 23:40

I picked this little beauty up a couple weeks ago off of DB from a fellow PSer. The center stone is a 5mm tranny, H VS2. The center stone is flanked by 6 single cut diamonds. The setting has amazing detail and is in excellent shape. It is incredibly dainty, but has great presence. I cant get over how well the stone performs. This is my first older cut diamond and I am amazed that it performs just as well as my ASG0 studs. I had contemplated picking up a loose stone and making it a project, but I have 3 under 3 years and barely have time to shop for groceries let alone jewelry. This was exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier with the ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-preloved-love.176356/

ponder.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Md123456789 » 06 Jun 2012 13:06

I am so excited to have my ring back and have this saga coming to a close. Just wanted to post quickly and share some pics for everyone since you all have been SO incredibly helpful throughout. Here is a link to my previous thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-stone-exchange.174254/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-stone-exchange.174254/page-4[/URL]

I am really happy with the outcome. I can't believe how much this diamond sparkles compared to what I was used to. It makes such a difference! I went down a color grade and to be honest, I can't tell at all and think it almost looks whiter because of the way it returns light. I will admit, I was hoping for a more noticeable size difference to my eyes but my girlfriend at work did comment "that looks so much bigger!!"

I also think after I live with it a bit, I will get used to having it back on my finger and be totally happy with the size because I can't keep my eyes off of how much it seriously sparkles. My fiance and I couldn't stop staring at it over dinner last night- even as a guy he "got" that this is not what my old diamond looked like.

Specs
2.03 carats
J SI2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Excellent
Table: 59%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown Angle: 35%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4%
Culet: None
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Inclusions: Twinning wisps are the grade making inclusions and there is a crystal in the center of the table
Comments: Additional twinning wisps, pinpoints, and surface graining not shown

Another note- I had to change the box on the ring to accomodate the new size diamond and it looks like one of the prongs is a bit wonky. I am considering going back to my jeweler for this but I can only tell in the close up pics so I might just enjoy it for a little while. I can't deal with the stress of it right now!

Here are some pics- unfortunately my fiance didn't remember to ask the jeweler to take some nicer ones.

Thanks again to everyone on Pricescope!!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-stone-exchange-saga-comes-to-a-close.176334/

md.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elisateach » 24 May 2012 11:04

Ok the good camera is being used by the new parents so Iphone pics will suffice for now !
Details: Pear diamond 1.27 ct D Si2 GOG
Setting: Gabriel Style ER7999W44JJ
Sparkly beautiful Melee for those who were wondering. According to GOG appraisal they are "G SI1 matched to each other and center" Teeny but very sparkly. I want the matching wedding band now!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-my-gog-pear-finally.175808/

elisateach.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
vav2006 » 02 Jun 2012 04:12

First of all, I have to thank everyone on PS for providing such great information and inspiration. I learned so much through browsing these forums and my research paid off!

When I started looking at rings, I walked into what felt like 100 B&M stores and felt like I kept seeing the same thing over and over again and nothing was hitting home. I finally saw the DeBeers Adonis Rose band in a window and fell in love - I knew that was THE wedding band. They make a matching engagement ring, but it wasn't my style. I posted in PS asking for ideas for a ring that might go well with that band and was introduced to Haven's gorgeous OMC ring! I knew that was it when I saw it. Shortly after, when browsing antique stones, I also came upon the Gabbie by Jewels by Erica Grace and was inspired by the basket of that setting as well.

My FI and I ordered two stones to compare - a GOG AVC and an antique cushion from Jewels by Erica Grace (both vendors were great to work with). While the AVC was beautiful, there was no competition when we saw them side by side. The antique cushion was a winner! I'm still amazed by how much fire it has, and I get questions about it all the time since it's such a unique shape - almost square, but not at all princess-like! We then worked with a local jeweler to design a custom setting, inspired heavily by the rings noted above. We considered and even got CAD renderings for a style with pave diamonds down the sides, but I'm so glad we ultimately decided against it. The solitaire setting with rose gold really makes the center stone stand out! I love that the ring has a classic style but still incorporates the organic leaf motif that I love.

Haven - I wish I could PM you and send you a big thank you for designing such an incredible ring, but hopefully you will see this post and know how grateful I am! I couldn't be more in love with my ring and I've still never seen anything else that comes close.

Specs: 1.55 CT antique cushion - EGL J SI1 (eye clean; appraised as an "L")

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-antique-cushion-engagement-ring.176161/

antique.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat » 07 May 2012 14:49

I sent back the J/K AVC five stone I had gotten over the summer. It was gorgeous, but just not "me". Instead, I now have three M AVC's, .48 center and .46 sides. I have pics comparing the center to the five stone, all three M's loose, and now set. I had them on DB for a while but decided you know what, screw it, sometimes *I* get to have something for ME too, so I kept them and set them. Currently, however, I am racking my brain trying to decide if I want to trade them back for warm AVR's or keep what I have. I also am talking w/Michael Robinson of RDG about doing something down the road.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/m-avc-three-stone-in-yellow-gold.175160/

pack.png

oh schnapp!

Rough_Rock
Not the e-ring I started with but I "upgraded" a little later ;-) An east/west oval cut ring with halo/pave...For the band I wanted something dainty but wanted it to stand out from the e-ring so I went with this marquis/round wedding band that just happened to fit perfectly without touching or scraping under the e-ring setting

ring.JPG

Seashell12

Rough_Rock
oh schnapp!

Very beautiful !!!! Can you give specification on halo and wedding band , i really like your wedding band as well . Where can i find this?

oh schnapp!

Rough_Rock
Thank you Seashell! Funny story - A friend of mine bought me this diamonique ring for my birthday on msn or qvc or shopnbc (one of those) and it was an oval cut with a a halo in white gold with a pave band and I LOVED IT!!! At the time, I'd been keeping an eye out for a fancier ring set to replace my original radiant cut solitaire and micropave band, which I liked also, but didn't love. When I saw this ring that my friend bought me, I had to figure out a way to make my "upgrade" as beautiful!!! My husband and I went and got an oval center stone first (2.5 ct), then I took the gift ring and the new oval center stone to a custom jeweler and said "Can you make me an engagement ring like this one, but instead of having the oval stone set the traditional way, can you turn it sideways (east/west) and raise it slightly higher than the halo, please?" Within two weeks I had my ring. It was exactly as I imagined it!!! I'd also picked out a similar band to the one pictured above at this same jeweler's store, but it wasn't as thin as I would have liked. One day I was at the mall - yes, the mall, and stumbled upon a thinner, more delicate looking version of the jeweler's made band (his was square/round combo rather than marquis/round combo above), so I swapped them out and paid the difference. I don't have a pic handy of the gift ring but it looked almost exactly like the pic below. And to make sure that I still got good use out of the gift ring without it looking so much like my wedding set, I had it dipped in rose gold =)

original.jpg

oh schnapp!

Rough_Rock
I forgot to give actual specs abou the halo and bands....I'll get that posted today ;-)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate » June 15th, 2012, 9:44 am

I am so excited to post my very own Victor Canera e-ring in SMTB! My Emilya Halo is a flush-fit, no donut version so it is a little different than a lot of the other Emilyas posted.

Ring details: 2.36 ct RB I SI2 XXX / .57 ct G-H melee (stones to 5 and 7 o'clock) / 1.9mm shank / 1.4mm halo

The ring is a 5.75 and my finger is between a 5.5 and 5.75. It is a little loose but the other day when my fingers swelled a little in the heat it was almost snug so I know it is the right size for me.

Working with Victor was great! We did all of our communication via email and he replied quickly and answered my questions. I was even so lucky that my ring was done a little earlier than he had expected! We also ordered the WB at the same time. The WB is a matching 1.9mm eternity band.

My ring is gorgeous and I absolutely love it! It looks even more delicate and amazing in person than it does in the pictures. I would really urge anyone that is thinking of working with Victor to definitely go for it! I am just hoping to get another opportunity to work with him in the future!!

Here are some pics. Please ignore my ugly pointer finger nail which is growing back after I slammed it in the car door (no one to blame but myself unfortunately).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-now-a-member-of-the-victor-canera-club.176673/

phd.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
dc87 » 13 Jun 2012 19:22

My fiance and I are thrilled with how this ring turned out. We started out with a picture of a cushion cut milgrain bezel from Fred Leighton and ended up with our dream ring thanks to Pricescope and Chris from ERD.

After a month of looking at lackluster modern cushion cuts online and in stores, I stumbled across the Pricescope forum and learned all about vintage cushions. What an enormous difference that made! A number of you pointed me in the direction of a 2.67c "cut beyond" cushion at ERD which looked fantastic on video. After speaking with Chris on the phone, my girlfriend (now fiance) set up a time to visit New York and see it in person. We were blown away with the faceting and the sparkle in all lighting conditions.

With the diamond picked out, we set to designing our ring. Chris was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive to me as I asked a lot of questions and went back and forth on a number of design features. After a few back and forths on the CAD designs, a plastic resin was made within the week and then the final ring was completed, shipped and in my hand within three days.

Overall a great process. Chris was fantastic to work with and created the perfect ring. I highly recommend him and ERD to everyone.

We also spoke with, and visited, Perry at LM who was great to work with as well.

And thanks to everyone at Pricescope for being so helpful and providing a such a great and educational forum.

The top picture is the ring we were working off of for our design.

Aside from a close up Chris took, we only have a camera phone so the pictures aren't that great but they will have to do.

Chris also filmed a video that is on youtube. The ring has a much more noticeable pink tint in real life than in the photos and video.

**edited by moderator. for everyone's privacy we do not allow personal video links at this time on PS**

Diamond stats
Carat Weight: 2.67
Color: H
Clarity:SI1
Depth: 67.00%
Table:52.00%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Culet: Slightly Large
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.56x8.08x5.41 mm
Ratio : 1.06

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/

dc87.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk » 11 Jun 2012 11:53

First and foremost I can't say enough great things about Grace.. she is so patient and giving of her time. I am so grateful to have had an opportunity to work with her.

My new Transistional is home in a temporary setting... I have discovered a few things while only wearing it for a few hours...

1.81 ct M VS1

1. I more than ever understand the LOVE of old cuts. While my RB is a beautiful stone.. this one has a character and fire to it all it's own. The flashes of the facets are just something very specail..

2. You really have to OPEN your mind to warmer colors... this diamond is an M and it's just simply beautiful.. The warmth indoors and the bright beautiful colors outdoors are just fabulous.

3. The difference in width of this stone 7.92 x 7.72 gives it the slightest cushion/oval effect when looking from the top down..which is so nice. Now to decide in the forever home which way to set it. I didn't notice it when I saw it in the little spring ring holder.. now that it's set.. it's so nice.. I love that!

So.. just in time for a little show and tell (I'm in 3rd grade again ).... the sun came out in Florida.. which we haven't seen in a week...

Grace... Thank you!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-newest-member-of-the-family-from-jbeg.176511/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-newest-member-of-the-family-from-jbeg.176511/[/URL]

mayk.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl » 15 Jun 2012 10:05

My newest.

1.45 Columbian emerald-cut Emerald
2 .68ctw Asschers

Platinum ring

tanzi.png

mglass78

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! been lurking here for a while but just decided to post.. new to this, so i'm not sure if i should have "created a new topic" or if i should be "replying" so.. let me know! :)

Got engaged back in August.. so almost a year ago! Wedding date is set for May 4th, 2013. Fiance is in the Army and doesn't get out until early 2013.

Here are a few pics of my ring :) oh, and stats! although i only know a few of the abbreviations and only a couple things about the size and color... the rest of the info is in my appraisal packet from the jeweler, so i'll put that stuff down too :) i love it!!!

Martin Flyer (Flyer Fit line)
18 karat white gold
center stone is a cushion square modified brilliant (1.01 carats, G, VS2
set with 34 small round brilliant cut diamonds (.34 carats, G-H, VS2-SI1)
*tcw 1.43*

ring2.jpg

ringonapeach.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmi » 17 Jun 2012 14:32

Hey everyone! I can't believe I am finally posting here! I've been on this site since 2008 waiting for the day I could post in SMTB! SO and I are finally engaged. He proposed on Friday June 8th as I was making us some coffee, haha! Sneaky. Anyway...

The diamond was bought on Valentine's Day this year from GOG. It is a 0.95ct L VS1 AVC (link:http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9027/) It is a FIREBALL. Sparkles like mad in every kind of lighting. I am a GOG customer for life.

We did a custom setting with our local jeweler and chose palladium. It has been a great choice! We were going for kind of an "heirloom" look for the ring, while on a budget, and it is very special to both of us. We're very happy to be engaged!

Time for pics! I used my 7 year old Canon Powershot. Hand shots are all but impossible, but I think they turned out well overall.

Thank you for looking!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-cushion-in-custom-palladium-setting.176737/

mmi.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksmom » 18 Jun 2012 14:24

Hi All! I purchased this 1.6 ct OMC from Adam (who was just a pleasure to work with btw, I can't recommend him highly enough) and had Leon set it for me in his Princessa solitaire in 18K Rose Gold (I also thought Leon was very friendly and extremely helpful.) The diamond is not certified, Adam chose it from among his many many antique diamonds because he thought I would like the cut- and he was absolutely right! I considered sending it off to EGL to have it certified but got impatient to wear it and decided to set it instead. I'm sorry I don't have much more specs on the stone or ring except to say that the stone is deliciously warm- so warm, in fact, that Leon suggested I could have the girdle polished and set it in a white diamond halo to make it yellow! I am so very happy with how it turned out. I tried to take decent pictures with my camera but I don't think they're much better than my cell phone shots- I think my toddler has poked the lens of my camera just a few times too many!

Thanks for looking!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/

lsmom.png

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
That looks to be a super nice emerald cut diamond! Wow! How blingy is it in bright sunlight, or in bright night-time lighting in a nice restaurant?

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
Hi PS Community,
I just received my new wedding ring today :appl: My initial wedding ring was a .75 pear set in a wide yellow gold band. I was ready for something different so I chose a 1.40 RB (GIA XXX) set in a wide platinum band with side stones. I am thrilled!

_13.jpg

_14.jpg

_16.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jrich » 21 Jun 2012 23:14

This is delayed, but my fiance proposed on June 9th and I am so happy and love my ring. It is the Vatche U-113 setting with yellow gold shank. The ring and diamond are from ID Jewelry who were great to work with.

The stone is a GIA Ex/Ex/Ex 1.43 K SI2. My ring size is 4.75. It scored a 1.0 on the HCA calculator and the inclusions are on the side and under the prongs, so it is totally eye clean to me. I worked long and hard to find this stone on our budget and I'm so glad I did. I have pricescope to thank for getting more than I could have imagined! My stone never looks tinted or yellow and sparkles even in the dark.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...113-yellow-gold-setting-with-1-43k-rb.176924/

jrich.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results