Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
brs1804 » 12 Mar 2012 21:25

.85, J, VS1, True Hearts Cut

brs.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ZahraLeyla » 12 Mar 2012 21:22

JbEG 4.09ct OMB thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/rdg-setting-4-09ct-omc-pink-diamonds-and-a-double-halo-t171273.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/rdg-setting-4-09ct-omc-pink-diamonds-and-a-double-halo-t171273.html[/URL]
Original RDG setting thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/rdg-setting-4-09ct-omc-pink-diamonds-and-a-double-halo-t171273.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/rdg-setting-4-09ct-omc-pink-diamonds-and-a-double-halo-t171273.html[/URL]

Hi everyone,

The Pharmacist and I are back from holiday, and as promised, I have some better detail shots of my engagement ring to post. Mike and his brother David from Robinson Designer Goldsmith have taken some lovely professional shots for me, and have also put together a video on the making of the ring. It has been condensed significantly, but still provides some insight into the work that went into making the setting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu-_sEkd_Yo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...k-diamond-double-halo-pics-video-t173010.html

zah.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
JK_Imnotrlyblonde » 13 Mar 2012 20:02

I just got back from visiting Mr. Charles Carmona (thank you so much for your recommendation, ForteKitty!) in Los Angeles.. my his extensive resume is IMPRESSIVE!. He was so informative! So the verdict is in!

This is a 2am RL purchase that I could not let get away-- but, with that (time frame) territory, I knew I must have been nuts, so I turned to PS for advice and guidance. The seller was a antique dealer, not necessarily jewelry-focused. So my worries for the past half week are now laid to rest!

2.16 carat OEC, estimated to be cut from early 1930's (it's pattern and culet weren't like those from 1915-20).
I
SI1
8.1 (or 8.2.. I can't remember!)
medium culet

He showed me the ring under his scope, and explained to me that he would have graded it a VS2, but the cluster of crystals just so happened to be at an angle where it was reflected all over the diamond. If it had been just a mm away, it would have made the cut as a VS2. He told me it's hard to judge the color as it is set, but it is definitely not a J, so he's estimating an I. He confirmed the setting was made of platinum, and that it was in good shape. I managed to lose a 1 pointer during the weekend, and he found another diamond that was cracked in the setting. He found matches for me, and charged me $10 and sent me to San's Settings to get them replaced. It's now more beautiful than when I received it!

I'm just waiting to receive his appraisal in the mail, and then I'll get it insured!

Here are some photos that my beautiful friend Mommabear took for me when we met up the day I received this ring. She is something with the camera! My favorite of these is the one with a photo of myself, reflecting off the diamond. I would have never thought of anything like that! She's ridiculously creative

ETA: That little 'dink-ed' area we were worried about isn't a chip in the stone-- it's just the setting. He thinks it may have happened while it was being set back then with their "advanced" machinery. Of course, this isn't 100%, but since I don't think I'll reset it for a long time, I'm just happy to hear it doesn't appear to be damaged.

so.. without further ado.. here she is!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/presenting-my-1930s-2-16-h-si1-oec.173042/

jk.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire » 13 Mar 2012 19:31

My 14kt rose gold spacer from June Designs on Etsy is here! It's a size 3.75 and I wanted something very discreet, as my platinum wedding ring is eating my platinum ering. I snapped some pics quickly in btwn trying to get dinner ready, so they're not great pics but you get the point. For comparison sake, my wedding ring is 2mm and I've posted it with the rose gold band from my Trinity ring. I'm very happy with it.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-spacer-is-here.173041/#post-3148096#p3148096

logan.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover » 08 Mar 2012 10:51
LM: 5 stone ring 2.72 (F,VS2) .90 Trap (F VS1) .35 Bullets (F VS1) Size 6 finger

emeraldlover.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D » 15 Mar 2012 16:44

This was a pleasant surprise when it arrived this morning.

I bought this on ebay based on the worst photos I have seen yet (see below). It was said to have an approximately 5mm diamond, and since I was looking for a stone that size, I took a chance and bought it for a very good price. Of course

My plan was to cannibalize it for the stone, but it is simply too beautiful. The diamond is smaller than advertised, clocking in at about 4.2mm to the inner edges of the bezel. I suspect it is 4.5mm or about 0.30ct, loose. It is white, clean, and beautifully cut, and as I suspected, an Old European.

The pendant needs a new chain (the one it came with is cheap gold filled junk), but otherwise it is perfect. Once I spruce it up and get a new chain, I will be giving it to my mom for her uncoming 60th birthday! I think it matches her engagement ring very well, which is an OEC in a yellow gold buttercup style mount.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victorian-oec-diamond-lavalier-pendant.173116/

dreamerd.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sjrmathis » 18 Mar 2012 10:50

I have been lurking on this site for months learning about diamonds and reading everyone’s stories and advice to others. I finally get to post my story. For about a year my boyfriend has been talking about buying a ring. I had been browsing styles and diamond types. In December I was looking at tension rings on James Allen and one style got my boyfriend’s attention. We called it the twisty ring. We both loved it. I wanted to try it on to see if that style would look good. I read about tension rings on this site and found that people had strong opinions on buying from only a few known designers. We found that Gelin and Abaci had a similar style and a local jeweler had their settings. When I tried it on it looked terrible on me. However, style TR-039 looked great! The price of the setting was steep for his budget when you added the cost of the quality diamond I was looking at. Back on this site I went and learned all I could about diamonds. I was looking for better quality smaller diamond. The jeweler was wonderful and would order loose stones for us to look at. She showed me a pretty little .5 princess cut that had great color, quality, cut etc. I was really hoping that this would be it because the price of the stone and setting were well within the budget. When Valentine’s Day passed with no ring I was beginning to lose hope.

I received my ring this weekend. He took so long because he chose to go with a 1ct round instead of the .5 princess that I was looking at. The stats are not what I had initially looked at, however the diamond he picked is very eye clean and has wonderful sparkle. I love it and it looks great in the tension setting. When I learned it was an I color so I was worried that it would look yellow on the sides. To me it doesn't so I was really happy about that. I will post the stats even though I really don’t understand what most of the measurements mean…
AGS certified.
Cut-Excellent
Polish-Ideal
Symmentry-Ideal
Fluorescence-Negligible
Color- I
SI-2
Diameter-6.47-6.50
Table-58.1
Depth-60.1

I have taken a million pictures and can't figure out how to show the fire and colors in the stone. They come out blurry. The post is limited to four pictures so I chose the one's where you can see how the setting looks with the diamond. I love how you can see the prism colors when the ring is upside down. I also posted one showing how the diamond hangs over the setting. I did read a lot of posts with people asking about that. I tried taking hand pics. I didn't know how awful my hands look until you see them in a IPHONE pic. I left those out.

Thanks to the advice on this site, I immediately called my insurance company and the ring is fully insured with no deductible. I play tennis a lot and I need to find out if it is safe to wear the ring while playing tennis.

Thank you everyone for your advice and knowledge. I have learned so much and this site is invaluable. Now on to the pics...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-gelin-abaci-tr-039-e-ring.173214/

sj.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am honored to have this stunning set be my 10,000 post!!! :appl:

DearBuddha » 19 Mar 2012 08:47

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've been active on this board, but I do still lurk every now and then, commenting and ogling the new pretties people post.

Now I have my own new pretty to submit for your ogling pleasures!

When my husband and I got married four years ago, we chose a European honeymoon over a diamond wedding band. It was always the plan to upgrade my plain 2mm pipe cut platinum band to a diamond one, but along the way I had a hard time deciding what kind of band I wanted (channel set? microwave? milgrain? so many decisions!) and no one ring really spoke to me. Then I went to grad school, which ate up for a fair bit of our cash (I graduated in Feb! WOO HOO!!!).

One day, while in a local jeweler's to have my husband wedding band repaired, I finally saw it: my dream ring. A 7-stone prong set .60 tcw curved diamond band set in platinum. I fell completely in love and on a whim, pointed the ring out to my husband, making it clear that when the time finally came to upgrade my ring, that was exactly what I wanted.

I just turned 29 on March 17th. My husband, being the amazing and thoughtful man he is, gave me my dream ring as my present. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting it just yet, but I am very, VERY happy with it!!

So, onto the pictures!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-band-upgrade.173244/

dearbuddah.png

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Your rings look perfect together!! Congrats on the find & happy birhtday ! :appl: Out of curiosity, what is the center stone for your ering?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calexand » 19 Mar 2012 15:19

And now the specs on my beautiful ring set:
- 90% platinum/10% iridium alloy (not all jewelers are capable of providing this customized alloy, including Blue Nile and the Facets Collection)
- 2.6 mm each for band and e-ring
- 1.47 tcw of 2 mm VS2-SI1 (eye-clean) accent diamonds, F-G color, covering 70% of both the band and e-ring
- Twisty basket design, including four hidden accent diamonds
- Center stone prongs come together to look like hearts/little bees!
- Accent diamond prongs/beading below the channel for a smooth finish
- Prongs/beading between each accent diamonds offers protection as well as enhancing the natural sparkle of the diamonds
- Azures under all the accent and center diamonds
- Rounded edges like a comfort-fit band
- Size 6 on 5.5 finger (I like my rings loose)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-e-ring-has-arrived.173265/

calex.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cettec » 19 Mar 2012 23:22

I have admired and admired so many rings on this site. Now I can finally share my happiness! I've had my AVC for a little over a year and finally just got my dream setting. Custom made by a local jeweler and couldn't be happier.

1.4 D AVC with round and baguette halo - inspired by pictures of a vintage setting posted on GOG's facebook site.

These are the best I could do with my camera....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-avc-e-ring-reset.173278/

cettec.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi » 20 Mar 2012 07:31

I just received the jackets for my studs that I rabbited on about in my previous thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-earring-jacket-cads-are-here.172447/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-earring-jacket-cads-are-here.172447/[/URL]

They are spectacular! I've never owned ACA diamonds this small before, and man do the little suckers pack a punch!! They are SO white and make my I and J studs look even whiter, I think!!!!

Oh and please excuse the dry blotchy skin, I've just had dance practice and I'm all sweaty and red, and generally quite unattractive!! I'll post some shots when I'm a bit more fresh

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-diamond-jackets-from-whiteflash-are-here.173283/

dandi.png

Zeya

Rough_Rock
I proposed to my special lady this past Friday. I had gotten quite a bit of help from pricescope, so I want to post here and share for other people to see. Thanks for all your help!

I got the diamond from Brian Gavin in Houston, TX. They also set the diamond in the setting, which came from ID Jewelry in Manhattan - a Gabriel & Company setting. The setting isn't terribly special, really just a solitaire with some added fanciness. (We haven't yet obtained the wedding band - I'm leaving that for closer to the wedding date.) But the diamond is an ideal cut G / VS1 / 1.087 carats. It has medium fluoresence which is a big hit with both of us. It's one of Brian Gavin's "blue" signature series which it seems is relatively new for them, just their hearts and arrows line but for diamonds with blue fluoresence.

BGD was kind enough to provide glamour shots of the completed ring, even though I didn't use their setting.

BrianGavin_Engraved3_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved1_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved2_030912_0.jpg
interestingDiamond.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zeya said:
I proposed to my special lady this past Friday. I had gotten quite a bit of help from pricescope, so I want to post here and share for other people to see. Thanks for all your help!

I got the diamond from Brian Gavin in Houston, TX. They also set the diamond in the setting, which came from ID Jewelry in Manhattan - a Gabriel & Company setting. The setting isn't terribly special, really just a solitaire with some added fanciness. (We haven't yet obtained the wedding band - I'm leaving that for closer to the wedding date.) But the diamond is an ideal cut G / VS1 / 1.087 carats. It has medium fluoresence which is a big hit with both of us. It's one of Brian Gavin's "blue" signature series which it seems is relatively new for them, just their hearts and arrows line but for diamonds with blue fluoresence.

BGD was kind enough to provide glamour shots of the completed ring, even though I didn't use their setting.

BrianGavin_Engraved3_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved1_030912.jpg
BrianGavin_Engraved2_030912_0.jpg
interestingDiamond.jpg
beautiful congrats!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
that IS a gorgeous ring Zeya! The secret was worth the wait - very beautiful! Glad it all worked out!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's an exquisite solitaire :love: and love the "added fanciness" ;))

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
Much belated handshots...one featuring a girl's REAL best friend, at least according to the ring-wearer (beer)! I also like the sideshot...it perfectly shows the setting and you can even see the faceting along the girdle!

(Amys Bling, feel free to delete if it's not OK to gum the thread up with shots of the same ring...I think this set is vastly superior to my attempts to take pictures before proposing!)

DSC01983.JPG

DSC01973.JPG

DSC01978.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedub » 20 Mar 2012 22:52

Hello Everyone!
I just turned 25 on Friday and for this momentous even my husband fulfilled my dream of owning a diamond/baguette blue topaz and diamond ring from ID Jewelry! It took three months to be made and arrive on my finger but it was WELL worth the wait. I just adore this dainty, sweet little ring. I am currently wearing it with my plain platinum Blue Nile 2mm band and my Stuller solitaire ER but enclosed is a photo of it with my 2 year anniversary band from James Allen. I think this is the most beautiful eternity band I have ever seen but of course I am biased...hehe
Thanks for checking it out, please enjoy the photos!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band-from-id-jewelry.173312/

katiedub.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ChrisES|1332339177|3153434 said:
Much belated handshots...one featuring a girl's REAL best friend, at least according to the ring-wearer (beer)! I also like the sideshot...it perfectly shows the setting and you can even see the faceting along the girdle!

(Amys Bling, feel free to delete if it's not OK to gum the thread up with shots of the same ring...I think this set is vastly superior to my attempts to take pictures before proposing!)
I like this pics! I am an avid poster as I enjoy it- I am not the authority on posts :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jrich » 22 Mar 2012 13:13

Well this is a little bit of an early post because I don't have it back yet, but I wanted to share a quick peek at my soon to be e-ring!
I worked with Yekutiel to get this stone, and I will say that IDJ will do what it takes to make you happy.

It is currently with Vatche, they are raising the height a little for me since I prefer a little higher than average setting. I initially had picked a setting at IDJ which was very pretty, but after receiving it and trying it on at home, I realized the Vatche U-113 was what I really wanted. I fell in love with it after seeing Diamondseeker's, Bliss', and SNA's, and Yekutiel was nice enough to exchange my setting. As you can see mine is actually in 14K Yellow Gold with white gold prongs. I haven't seen anyone here post the U113 in YG yet, but I think it looks so awesome.

I know I went outside of the usual PS safety zone on the diamond, but I did go to see it in person before making my final decision, and I loved it. I got the size, sparkle, and the color is so pretty. I was able to get very close to 1.5 without paying the premium for a 1.5. As far as the K color goes since I know many people ask about it, face up it looks completely white and bright, especially in the sun. Cut really does matter!! I anticipate that from the sides, especially in pictures, it will look slightly creamy colored, but definitely not yellow.

Specs are:
GIA EX/EX/EX 1.43 K
SI2
7.26mm across
Depth: 61%
Table: 58%
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 41
HCA: 1.5
My ring size is 4.75, so I am hoping this is going to look nice and big!

Here is one picture with Yekutiel modeling, I'll post more when he gets it back from Vatche and sends shots of the new profile next week. As far as handshots, we won't have any until my boyfriend proposes though! I'm so excited about getting engaged to my best friend, and also about the ring!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jessicas-new-vatche-u113.173361/

jrich.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimber418 » 08 Jan 2011 17:41

Emerald Cut
9.21 X 6.92 X 4.83mm
3.01 carat
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth 69.8%
Polish: Very Good
Culet: None

My diamond is set in Platinum with two trapezoid cut diamonds weighing 0.42 ctw and two bullet cut diamonds weighing 0.30 ctw/
It was bought and set by an jeweler in Austin, TX. She is a family friend. Here are some old photos & not very good representation of the
beauty of the ring. I will take some outside later today. These were all taken inside and there is dark paint so it is reflecting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-id-jewelry-eternity-band-5-6-carats.154829/

kimber.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
midorimonsta » 23 Mar 2012 12:47

Yay! I've been wanting to post in this thread for a while. I've read through every single page here and here's our contribution finally. My new e-ring!

Original thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-narrowing-down-a-diamond-which-is-best-deal.172392/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-narrowing-down-a-diamond-which-is-best-deal.172392/[/URL]

Stats:
0.768 AGS I/VS1
Cut = JA True Hearts (AGS0)
HCA = 0.8 (ex-ex-ex-vg)
Dimensions = 5.93*5.97*3.57
Depth = 60.1%
Table = 57.5%
Crown = 33.5
Pavilion = 40.7
Ring size = 4 (might need to go down to a 3.5 or 3.75)

mid.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

123luckyme

Rough_Rock
Not an engagement ring but eye candy none the less. It is my 25 year anniversary ring - 5 carat pear custom made.

IMG_0941.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
123luckyme said:
Not an engagement ring but eye candy none the less. It is my 25 year anniversary ring - 5 carat pear custom made.
that is some serious eyecandy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashlee302 » 25 Mar 2012 11:45

about a year ago I was on here showing my solitaire engagement ring and asking what people thought if I got a halo setting with it. Well my fiance and I did it! We bought a setting and placed my original diamond in it. Its absolutely perfect and I love it! It looks so much bigger now. I just wanted to share with everyone!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-halo.173453/

original thread when debating getting a halo setting...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-advice-to-get-or-not-to-get.161223/

ashlee.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results