shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
golfwidow » 12 Mar 2011 00:00
The wedding isn't for a few months but I recently chose and ordered my eternity wedding band - and I LOVE it!!! It's 1.0 carat full eternity set in white gold. Turns out it's a little too big, which normally I wouldn't mind because my fingers swell and shrink signficantly with the weather, time of day, Chinese food, etc. , but it seems to want to turn crooked sometimes. I may get sizing beads put in, or just leave it, I'll just have to see how I feel after wearing it for a while. For reference, my engagement ring is 1.70 J SI2 center with .5 baguettes, set in white gold size 6.5. I was scared of the J color but was assured by the designer that because of the exceptional cut (stats are EX/EX/EX) that any faint traces of tint would never appear to the naked eye or casual observer, and he's right. I see the very slightest tint once in a blue moon depending on where I am and what the lighting conditions are, but it is very rare-and I catch myself studying it A LOT and am so pleased with its performance and sparkle. I like the not-too-matchy-matchy look of the set. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the band to a 3 carat or larger, but I'm thrilled with this one for a nice long time.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-set-is-complete.157767/#post-2946202

gold.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a not so good pic of 3 of my band rings...

The one on top is my 5 stone anniversary band that I got for my 25th anniversary. It's G-H and SI1-SI2 and .61ctw or .64ctw, (I can't remember which)~~ I usually wear this one alone on my right hand. Second is a .35ctw diamond band that goes about 2/3 around. I like to wear it with my ER on days I want a little more bling. ~~~The last one is a "bubble" stack ring from Diamond Harmony, a nice, sturdy little stacker that goes 3/4 of the way around. It's fun to stack with just about any ring for a different look. :)

3stackers.jpg

steveaastin

Rough_Rock
Here is my spouse ring!!
14K White Gold Solitaire Ring bought from Novori Diamonds
engagement-ring.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
fealloy » 16 Jun 2011 02:26
I got an email from the very friendly Judah that my ring is ready to be shipped
Together with his email I got a few pictures illustrating their work for my beloved ring.

It is the Rochelle D6359 diamond engagement ring setting, size 6.5, with 0,65ct AGS 000 center diamond.
Like he said, pictures do not do any justice

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...9-engagement-ring-from-excel-diamonds.162110/

fealloy.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
My new Whiteflash ACA 0.65 H Si1 AGS000
I'm in love!

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is finally here!

First of all, thank you soooo much to Daniel M for being an artist and master at what he does. The price was very reasonable for the project- It was hundreds less than I was quoted through other vendors (about 300 less!). Also, Daniel gave me an estimated timeline for completion and he was exactly on time!

Here is it....

stones: .20 H SI2, .23 H SI2, .25 I SI2- for a total of .68ct
14 kt rose gold bezels on a 14kt white gold chain that is 6.75 inches. The bezels are evenly spaced around the bracelet and I love the little hint of pink color the bezels bring!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dbty-bracelet-is-complete.162151/

IMG_0648.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• lynzeelee.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 2,778

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Re:

NeverEndingUpgrade|1224059198|1584178 said:
Date: 10/8/2008 3:30:10 PM
Author: Adi8
18.gif
Ascher Cut 1.51Ct VVS1 G
Adi8, I have to know who made your ring. It is gorgeous! I love the juxtaposition of the curvy band with the step cut faceting of the Asscher. Spectacular!!!!!

I know this is an older post but I, too, was very interested in this setting and couldn't find it anywhere in the threads but as luck would have it, I found it today on ebay for anyone else who might be interested :)

Antique Art Deco engagement ring

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

FallenRox|1308291511|2948169 said:
NeverEndingUpgrade|1224059198|1584178 said:
Date: 10/8/2008 3:30:10 PM
Author: Adi8
18.gif
Ascher Cut 1.51Ct VVS1 G
Adi8, I have to know who made your ring. It is gorgeous! I love the juxtaposition of the curvy band with the step cut faceting of the Asscher. Spectacular!!!!!

I know this is an older post but I, too, was very interested in this setting and couldn't find it anywhere in the threads but as luck would have it, I found it today on ebay for anyone else who might be interested :)

Antique Art Deco engagement ring

It might be helpful if you posted this information in a new thread so it gets more attention.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• tx.bmp
    605 KB · Views: 2,726

kkp005

Rough_Rock
1st post!! Just got finished up college and got my lucky lady this VS1 J 1.25 ags000 Brian Gavin Blue. I decided to go with the classic look of the yellow gold 6 prong. Brian and Jamie were a pleasure to work with :) I just received it today and plan on giving it to her while in Germany two weeks from now. (sorry for the poor pix quality, I took it with my phone)

BG 1.25.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kkp005 » 17 Jun 2011 16:46
Hello all ! I've been cruzing through the pricescope forums for a couple of months after stumbling onto it a couple of months ago.
After reading reviews of Brian Gavin rings I decided to make the trip down to Houston to see some of his stones for myself. (Houston is only about 1.5 hrs south of where I live.)

I've been researching diamonds for a couple of months now and due to just graduating from college in May I was on a very tight budget (7k-8k). I was dead set on a round 1.2-1.3 ct stone. Brian recommended I take a look at a 1.256 J color VS1 Ags000 with very strong blue flourescence that he had..... However I was very hesitant to drop down to a J color but due to the ever increasing diamonds prices I was left with few options.

Upon meeting Brian I was amazed at how friendly he was and his passion for diamonds! I bet I was in his office for 2hours and he didnt even know if I would end up purchasing this diamond. Needless to say I fell in love with it at 1st sight. I loveee his line of blues and could hardly detect any yellowish tint in the J color ring. Brian does not market his Blue diamonds as hearts and arrows but upon further inspection my 1.25 had beautiful both hearts and arrows. The BLUES offer an OUTSTANDING value in my own opinion.

I ended up buying the ring and just recieved it at work today . I decided to set it an a yellow gold 6 prong because my girlfriend and I both love the classic look. My plan is to pop the question while she and my whole family are on vacation in Germay 2 weeks from now and totally catch her by suprise !!!. I will keep everyone posted and thank you all for providing such valuable informantion on this forum.

P.s. I took these pictures at work on my phone so sorry for the poor quality . Her hand shots are sure to come in the near future

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rience-buying-a-brian-gavin-blue-1-25.162184/

Attachments

• kkp.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,650

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladybug1 » 19 Jun 2011 20:34
I got engaged may 23rd and when we came home from our trip our computer had died so we had to order a new one and finally its here so I can post my pics! I apologize, the pics are not great, they are from my Iphone I will try to take good ones soon as i can find my missing camera !!! Thanks again Ladies for all your support!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-of-engagement-ring-if-i-did-it-right.162235/

ladybug.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucy0903 » 19 Jun 2011 21:33
Hi there! Me and my boyfriend (fiance now ) have been looking around on this website for a while now. We absolutely love all the pics posted here. We learnt a lot about diamond from this website too. I think I should do something to return the favour. Here is my engagement story, and handshots followed.
My boyfriend took me to Montreal this Thursday for a short getaway in the summer cuz both of us are usually busy with work so we couldnt take too much time off. On Thursday, when we got back to our hotel room after dinner, I saw flowers everywhere on the floor, and there was a huge heart made of roses on the bed. When I turned around and wanted to ask him what's going on, I saw him already on his one knee with my dream ring. I was balling, and my brain stopped functioning. I didn't know what else to say besides YES. It was the best night in my life so far! The ring is Tiffany novo. We know that we could get better deal from somewhere else. We looked at Blue Niles, and some other local jewellers together before, but my boyfriend felt none of them compared to the good quality and excellent service of Tiffany's. Also, he knows that Novo is my dream ring of all the time. Here comes the pics. Hope you guys like them!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sweet-engagement-and-new-tiffany-novo.162237/

Attachments

• lucy.bmp
    736.9 KB · Views: 2,473

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
asethi100 » 20 Jun 2011 16:31
First, thanks for all the support and advice this forum has provided me. I have learned a lot through it and gotten some good advice from members. I was able to find a U/V colored round halo diamond from DBL which David created beautifully. Its 1.04 ct + .3 ct side stone. I hope my gf will love it as I propose next weekend.

Check it out!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nd-the-ring-round-yellow-halo-diamond.162276/

Attachments

• asethi.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 4,106

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimber418 » 20 Jun 2011 16:58
Hi Everyone!
I am usually very shy about doing reveals of my jewlrey but I had to share my latest creation with you all~~~ I am so excited!
First the story:

About 15 years ago my husband gave me this YG 14kt gold tennis bracelet. It had 46 G/H-VS diamonds. I loved it when I got it but as the years passed I never wore it. After seeing a friend's diamond bangle bracelet a year ago I decided I needed one also!

In the meantime I had worked with Luann on a few projects at ID Jewlery. I met her and Yekutiel in person while on a trip to NY not long ago. I decided to ask them to make me a diamond bangle bracelet using my diamonds from my exsisting tennis bracelet. I wanted white gold and I knew I wanted the dimensions to be about the size of my WG Cartier Love bracelt. I drew exact sizing patterns (oval) and Luann and I talked about design, clasps, etc. ID Jewelry made a custom bracelet to fit my diamonds and size requests. I purchased 15 more diamonds (1.38ctw) from Luann to match my exsisting stones. I am in love with the final product. I am so excited that I used the diamonds from a gift from my husband and now it is updated to a bracelet I can wear everyday..... I cannot say enough about ID Jewelry. They are trustworthy and dependable. On top of that they do beautiful work at a great price. Here are the before and after of my new 5.52 ctw diamond bangle bracelet!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...iamond-bangle-bracelet-custom-re-make.162277/

Attachments

• before.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,098
  • after.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 4,089

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DumbStruck » 06 Jun 2011 03:52
my Its been hard to find a style of ring my girlfriend would like sence she is very picky but doesn't want to be involved with the picking of a ring. Guide lines i recieved was Marquise cut nothing over a carat, and not a slim one or a fat one sort of in the middle. If any sidestones no more then three on each side. White gold or platinium. And she would prefer an antique style. So i was majorly stressed out looking for, and i happened across an Estate sale and this is what i picked up.

This is an absolutely beautiful vintage ring that comes to us from a historical jewelry shop in Niagara Falls that was in business for over 100 years and has since closed its doors. This piece is considered old-new stock (one owner) and has been collecting dust for the past 35 years after the shop closed. I am helping the family of these jewelers find a new life for some incredible pieces -- which their collection has heirlooms of all ages. And what a find this ring is! The diamond is incredible -- white, sparking, radiant - and the mounting equally stunning set with 6 paveed diamonds. Appraised at $5,800

Jewelry Specs
Shank Width: 1.5mm
Weight: 3.0 grams
Size: 6.75 US
Metal Type: 14K White Gold
Stamped: 14K 2/ 0012
Condition: New Old Stock

Center Gemstone Specs
Stone: Diamond
Approx. Carat Weight/Size: .77ct, 8.48x4.97mm
Cut Type: Marquise
Setting: 6 prongs
Color: G, Colorless
Clarity: VS2 - SI1, Eye Clean
Cut Rating: Very Good

Accent Stone Specs
Stone: 6 Diamonds
Carat Weight/Size: .13ctw
Cut Type: Full Cut
Setting: Bead Prong
Clarity: SI
Color: C1, Faint Champagne

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-i-picked-up-from-an-estate-sale.161670/

Attachments

• dumb.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,548

raindancer

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1308602097|2950433 said:
asethi100 » 20 Jun 2011 16:31
First, thanks for all the support and advice this forum has provided me. I have learned a lot through it and gotten some good advice from members. I was able to find a U/V colored round halo diamond from DBL which David created beautifully. Its 1.04 ct + .3 ct side stone. I hope my gf will love it as I propose next weekend.

Check it out!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nd-the-ring-round-yellow-halo-diamond.162276/

She's going to adore it! Great job!

belbel

Rough_Rock
Here's mine:
0.78 round center stone in a 0.35 pave setting with two surprise diamonds on each side.
What kind of wedding band should I get? Can you give me some advice please?
a simple yellow gold, or eternity band?
thanks!

P1370218.JPG

P1360231.JPG

P1370173.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
belbel|1308763572|2952077 said:
Here's mine:
0.78 round center stone in a 0.35 pave setting with two surprise diamonds on each side.
What kind of wedding band should I get? Can you give me some advice please?
a simple yellow gold, or eternity band?
thanks!

beautiful ring....channel set eternity would be stunning :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling » 22 Jun 2011 22:48
Hello!!! Im sooooo super duper happy and excited!!! I just had to share!!

Ring specs: .75ctw G-H VS diamonds and the 4.06carat Pink tourmaline is 9.4mm x 7.4mm deep.

My anniversary came Early this year! (actually in Nov, but DH gave me the AOK on the search and conquest of my new E-ring) This year will be our 20th! This ring symbolizes our 2 decades of Friendship, Love, Happiness, and Family!

Pink Tourmaline is my birthstone (October baby ), actually Opal is and Pink tourmalines are secondary, but I have been on the prowl for the perfect one for me, since beginning of year. Im so happy I found it before my surgery (another Big event, another story for a different day ), because I can stare at it in AWE!

My request was for single halo, but the jeweler mistakenly made the double. I didn't want the double because I thought it would be gaudy and toooo big and Ridulous. When the jeweler emailed me the photos of finished ring my eyes just about fell outta my head!! Of course they apologized but I said "I'll take it!" with no hesitation. And Here it is...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...shion-pink-tourmaline-ering-im-in-luv.162378/

Attachments

• zest.bmp
    777 KB · Views: 3,277

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gabriela_nyc » 23 Jun 2011 21:00
My bf proposed to me a couple days ago - he presented to me the most beautiful diamond ring i've seen and I'm very happy and excited about sharing my life with him. He did a great job researching, choosing the right stone as well as picking the setting. It's a bit bigger than what I wanted, but it's so beautiful i'm sure i'll get used to the size in no time. It sparkles like crazy - looking at it always puts a smile on my face

I'm sharing some pictures of my new ring with you all
If i remember the spec correctly it's a 2 carat round brilliant, F and SI1 with a knife edge tiffany style 6-prong setting

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yayy-i-just-got-engaged.162415/

Attachments

• gab.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 3,189

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexdell » 24 Jun 2011 08:11
Here’s the link to my wonderful experience with Mark T.:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-mark-t-of-erd-pricescope.159948/

Here’s the link to my (rather wordy) proposal story:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-memorial-day-weekend-nyc-proposal.162358/

Below are the specs:
Old Mine Brilliant
Carat: 1.73
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Measurement: 7.33-6.82-4.72
Ratio: 1.07
Depth %: 69.2
Table %: 53
Symmetry: VG
Polish: VG
Girdle: V.Thin-Medium Faceted
Culet: Slightly Large
Fluorescence: N

Setting: custom Platinum Halo
Ring size: 5 1/4

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fis-erd-halo-omb-cushion.162432/

alex.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
melave » 25 Jun 2011 08:17
Hi all

I have been lurking for a little while. Whilst i haven't posted much, i have read a lot!!! I just thought since you guys had helped my (now) fiancee and i choose our diamonds and setting i should just say thanks. So thanks!!!!! I am very grateful to this forum and all the wonderful advice.

My OH and i flew to the big city to buy a ring. I had a couple of designs that i thought was what i want. Until i saw my dream e-ring. My OH and i both loved it so that was an easy decision. We picked the diamond and all was good.

It isn't huge, but perfect for me

Ok so now for the stats
Centre stone is 0.5ct, F, VVS2,
Side stones are 10 baguette cut, 0.66tcw, D-F, VVS
I put it into the HCA and it came back as 0.8. Now is this normal when the cut is only very good on the GIA? i'm thinking i entered something wrong.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-you-all-i-have-my-dream-e-ring.162468/

Attachments

• melave.bmp
    894.4 KB · Views: 2,991

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Farleysmom|1309009735|2954743 said:
Here is the reset of my RHR. It's a 2.5 ct M SI1, ring size 6
beautiful reset!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
loveloveloveit » 26 Jun 2011 06:20
Ok, so it's been a loooong long wait for this one to reach me! I don't have it yet, waiting for Fedex to lure customs taxes from me, but should be here in a couple of days. Glamour shots attached

(for those wondering if I did the "upgrade" unfortunately the casting was done over the weekend and my request about the upgrade didn't get through which is a big regret for me as with such a gorgeous setting I can't imagine ever wanting to remake it).

I can't say this has been an especially smooth process, however I believe I will be happy with the result when it gets here.

Thanks for looking

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-nearly-here-glamour-shots-only.162500/

Attachments

• loveloveloveit.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 2,761

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
e-ring127 » 25 Jun 2011 22:32
Fast-forward to today, I am very happily married and very fortunate to wear the beautiful bling I currently have...Its a 1.67 F I1 H&A from GOG in a Michael Bondanza setting(totally inspired by Facetfire's show-stopper!) I was very lucky when this diamond came along at the right time, the inclusion is nearly 100% prongable and was a GREAT value. Jonathan is a true professional and his passion for his work and diamonds is infectious. So after all these years I'm coming out of my shell and saying thank you to so many of you who devote your time and experiences to helping the lurkers out there !!!!! So now bear with me as I make my first attempt at uploading a picture of my set......

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ly-posting-to-say-hello-and-thank-you.162492/

ering.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results