shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
silverleaf » 05 Jun 2011 14:21
Everything was simple and perfect. He proposed to me on one of the most beautiful hikes in our area. It was on the top of a mountain by a stone tower. It was just so perfect. When he asked me we both cried (in a good way of course). Of course I said yes, because I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him. He's been everything I need and want.

And of course he gave me a gorgeous ring. Thanks to Good Old Gold. They made us a custom palladium solitaire made, and in it they set a beautiful 1.19 N SI1 August Vintage Round. My fiance did let me help to pick it out which was nice. It took a while to get everything together, and a lot of correspondence and patience from Jonathan. He was tremendously helpful. Thanks!

More pictures are posted here in the last post on page 5 and the first two posts on page 6:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-avc-avoec-diamonds.123446/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged.161653/

Attachments

• silver.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 4,484

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sundewtrap » 05 Jun 2011 13:04
Here is my white gold ring with platinum head in a tiffany setting. Ring purchased from whiteflash.
Approx 0.8 carats, I have received lots of compliments about how large and sparkly it is!

sund.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamante-girl » 27 May 2011 23:51
Hi everyone,

Thought I would add to the list of "Under 1ct" beauties. First, please excuse my wrinkly middle-age hands.

For our 22nd wedding anniversary my hubby and I decided that my dream of having a solitaire and new wedding band should come true. We were saving for a house when we got married and just plain gold bands had to be enough.

Thanks to PS for all the wonderful information prior to buying my beauties. We stuck to a budget and I was able to put together this wonderful set.

Solitaire: AGS000, .62ct, G, SI1, RB, ideal cut, HCA 1.0, from JA. Setting WG timeless also from JA.
Wedding band: Half-way eternity, WG, .33ctw, G-H, SI1 from EternityD

My ring size is a 4.

I am very, very happy with my set and look. I've been waiting a long time! They complement each other beautifully. Great sparkle and one doesn't over power the other. I will have to purchase a 1mm spacer to go between e-ring and band to prevent diamond on prong rubbing.

I just LOVE my new rings!

Attachments

• diamente.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 4,524

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bethprov » 03 Jun 2011 14:16
So I'm pretty new here and everyone's beautiful pieces have been such an inspiration and I am very excited to share my new project!

For multiple reasons I have not been able to wear my engagement ring for about a year. I really love my wedding band but often craved a little more bling and finger coverage. I am very sentimental and do not want to get rid of my original diamond (even though it is not really pricescope worthy ) so I was looking into resetting it and came across pricescope! I am very very hard on my rings and as it turns out I actually put a very tiny chip in a facet on my diamond that I only discovered after I took it to my local B&M and looked at it under the loupe. Its not really noticeable and I have decided that I don't want to to let it go so I'm having it set into a bezel neckclace with the other two tiny diamonds from my e-ring (another pricescope inspired project!) so that I can wear it but keep it safe from further damage. My hubbie encouraged me to get a new e-ring or reset a family stone we have to create something new but I really wanted to keep a very tight budget right now and could not get close to what I wanted within that budget. While browsing here, I came across some gorgeous stacks and fell in love. After much searching, I contacted Whitflash and Victoria helped me to find what I was looking for. I had 2 channel set bands with 17 x .1 ACA diamonds made one in 14k rose gold and one in yellow gold. They are made to closely match my platinum tiffany wedding band. The widths are just slightly different but I love the look of the three together with my original band in the middle. Here is the final product and I am so excited! I am going to save for some time and think that I'll get a new e-ring or rhr in the future. Thanks for letting me share

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ny-new-tri-color-stack.161577/

Attachments

• beth.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 4,490

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemgirl » 06 Jun 2011 09:29
Many of my loving and loyal Pricescope friends know that fourteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a severe precancerous condition in my colon that caused us to face some very difficult decisions. Last summer, that decision was to try to remove a dozen pre-c polyps one by one. That didn't work. I almost bled to death. My recovery was three months long, and the Whiteflash "Bella" pendant was the design I brought to life to reward myself for pulling through that horrible ordeal. The rest of the year was filled with more colonoscopies and looking for a special doctor to help me without doing anything radical. Well that wasn't to be. So last March, I had 75% of my colon removed. The surgery went like clockwork, until four days late when a serious life threatening peritonitis infection kicked in. A second surg was necessary to disconnect my new colon connection so I could heal from the infection. I was in the hospital for three weeks, only to come home for week and go into a local hospital for the treatment of heart complications from all of the colon stuff. Fast forward to now and I am waiting to go for my third and last major surgery to reconnect my colon. But in the meantime....... since I had some time to wait....... I decided to set a loose diamond I'd had hanging around for years, to have a diamond band made to match, and to find a metal band that would work to complete the whole set. And so I enlisted the assistant of Luann at I.D. Jewelers and we chose some mountings and got to work. Three weeks have gone by and my new e-ring and diamond band should be coming back from setting and polishing any time now! I should have pictures very soon and I should have my new wedding set in my hot little hands by week's end! I'm very excited that I finally got another project done, that I had been talking about doing for sooooooo long!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-a-lady-in-waiting.161678/

Attachments

• gem3.bmp
    280.6 KB · Views: 4,302
  • gem2.bmp
    263.7 KB · Views: 4,300
  • gem1.bmp
    148.6 KB · Views: 4,291

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cokitty » 05 Jun 2011 23:15
Hello! New user here on Pricescope! The folks at Whiteflash made this necklace for me. I had the Fancy Blue radiant and wanted to have a special, everyday piece made with it. I had toyed with the idea of a ring but I tend to like larger pieces for rings. The blue is small for a stone, but not so much I think for a fancy colored diamond. Whiteflash found me the 1.33 pear and after seeing it in person with my blue I knew they had done a great job finding a stone that was just the right size. The chain holds 3 carats of ACA melee alternating between 10 and 15 point stones. The design on the back of the primary two stones represents the three things which I value most: family (my last initial), God (the cross) , and country(the star).

The Details People Really Want To Know:
Radiant 0.50 FIB VS2 4.58x4.69
Pear GIA 1.33 (G/VS2) 6.16x9.04mm
Alternating 10 and 15 point stones in the chain
Jump rings to make the length of the necklace from 16"-18"-20"

I have had the necklace for about three months now, it is a piece I wear daily. I really love it and I am grateful that it came out as well as it did.
Enjoy the pictures!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-and-white-diamond-necklace.161664/

Attachments

• cokitty.bmp
    594.4 KB · Views: 4,296

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DumbStruck » 06 Jun 2011 03:52
my Its been hard to find a style of ring my girlfriend would like sence she is very picky but doesn't want to be involved with the picking of a ring. Guide lines i recieved was Marquise cut nothing over a carat, and not a slim one or a fat one sort of in the middle. If any sidestones no more then three on each side. White gold or platinium. And she would prefer an antique style. So i was majorly stressed out looking for, and i happened across an Estate sale and this is what i picked up.

This is an absolutely beautiful vintage ring that comes to us from a historical jewelry shop in Niagara Falls that was in business for over 100 years and has since closed its doors. This piece is considered old-new stock (one owner) and has been collecting dust for the past 35 years after the shop closed. I am helping the family of these jewelers find a new life for some incredible pieces -- which their collection has heirlooms of all ages. And what a find this ring is! The diamond is incredible -- white, sparking, radiant - and the mounting equally stunning set with 6 paveed diamonds. Appraised at $5,800

Jewelry Specs
Shank Width: 1.5mm
Weight: 3.0 grams
Size: 6.75 US
Metal Type: 14K White Gold
Stamped: 14K 2/ 0012
Condition: New Old Stock

Center Gemstone Specs
Stone: Diamond
Approx. Carat Weight/Size: .77ct, 8.48x4.97mm
Cut Type: Marquise
Setting: 6 prongs
Color: G, Colorless
Clarity: VS2 - SI1, Eye Clean
Cut Rating: Very Good

Accent Stone Specs
Stone: 6 Diamonds
Carat Weight/Size: .13ctw
Cut Type: Full Cut
Setting: Bead Prong
Clarity: SI
Color: C1, Faint Champagne

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-i-picked-up-from-an-estate-sale.161670/

Attachments

• dumb.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 4,291

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ml2 » 07 Jun 2011 19:19
long story short, the proposal was perfect but the post-proposal search for a ring was an obstacle course! so many people on pricescope were so super helpful, eventually getting us to the right stone (JA True Hearts 1.05 E VS2 AGS000) and to the right custom jeweler (Joe Escobar) to create the plain shank halo setting. I know if we hadn't found this site we would never have found THE ring... thank you all so much!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-ring-is-in-and-its-beautiful-and-i-love-it.161749/

ja.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
natyLad » 07 Jun 2011 15:10
So as some of you know, i recently gave birth to my baby daughter My husband had asked me again and again what i'd like for a baby gift but i really couldn't think of anything specific that i wished for...well, besides a white gold diamond tennis bracelet, which is stuck in my mind for a long time, but is totally out of budget right now
So DH finally decided to give me the money he was planning to spend on my gift and let me decide what to do with it
After some weeks of contemplating different options, i ended up getting a 14kt white gold diamond halo ring. The main stone is .35ct, G color, VS2 clarity, VG cut and the melee diamonds are F-G color and VS clarity. I really love everything about this ring and i'm planning on wearing it either as a RHR, or as an ER with my wedding band when i don't want to wear my regular ER which is bigger and is set higher than this.
So...pictures!
First two vendor pics and then some of my own, low quality ones

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/baby-gift-diamond-halo-ring.161734/

Attachments

• naty.bmp
    523 KB · Views: 4,163

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
smiley12345 » 07 Jun 2011 21:10
I inherited a pretty, antique OEC pave ring.. The ring however sat in my jewelry box because it was huge on me at a size 8 (I'm a size 4) ... and honestly just not my taste... I asked my jeweler to try and use the stones to make me something more my style.. it was pretty difficult because the stones were not totally round, and they were all different sizes however I think the end result came out great!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recycled-oec-melee.161756/

Attachments

• smiley after.bmp
    246.1 KB · Views: 4,163
  • smiley after.bmp
    246.1 KB · Views: 4,157
  • smiley before.bmp
    872.1 KB · Views: 4,151

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
CW2424 » 07 Jun 2011 14:05
Hello,

I would just like to start off by saying that this website was extremely helpful in helping me determine what to look for in a diamond, so I want to thank you all for the enormous amount of posts to sift through leading up to the purchase of the ring.
https://www.pricescope.com/myimages/forum?id=message#
I recently proposed to my fiance (she said yes) after about 3.5 years of dating and after about 7 total years of knowing each other - we went to the same college and met freshman year in our dorm.

About a year ago she saw and fell in love with the Tacori 2628 emerald cut ring. So after a lot of shopping around, I found a local jeweler that is a Tacori dealer - they were extremely knowledgeable about diamonds and the various Tacori settings and I am extremely pleased with the results.

So, now what you are all interested in:

The setting: Tacori 2628 ECP (Petite Setting)
Metal: Platinum
Weight: .64 carats, G VS1 (I counted 42 stones - 9 up and down each side of the shank, 16 in the halo, 3 on both sides of the ring, and the 2 side stones)
Size: 7 1/4

The Center:
1.0 Carat GIA Certified G VS1
LxW Ration = 1.5

I know there are similar rings on here, but I have yet to find a picture of the emerald cut center stone with this setting. It was EXTREMELY helpful for me to look at the other 2628 settings (Lotsofsparkle's comes to mind) when deciding on certain features (metal/size/etc) and I hope that others find this useful when deciding on this same setting. If for nothing else, it helped the 4 week period go by (Tacori takes 4 weeks to craft the ring) so that I had a small idea of what my ring would look like.

I get more info on the center when I get home (I forgot to write down the specifics) and will update this post at that time.

Both of us are very excited about the ring and we are happy to answer questions others might have about our experience (so far) with Tacori, its selected retailers, the setting, or anything else! Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-tacori-e-ring.161726/

cw.jpg

shouse333

Rough_Rock
My Finacee and I vidly read the forums on Pricescope while searching for my e-ring. He finally decided to go with Yuketiel at ID jewelry. He was easy to work with and made us a GORGEOUS ring! We got engaged on May 15th and I haven't stopped looking at it since! I was always interested in the specs of the diamond, so here they are:
Center:
Round
GIA H SI1
1.3 ct
7.01 x 7.03 mm
Setting:
Gabriel & Co.
.21 ct. round pave diamonds

Sorry if the pictures aren't the best, I'm learning!

ring 1.jpg

ring2.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aquanaut » 08 Jun 2011 18:35
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your help and the tremendous information that this forum provides. I could not have done it without you!

Shortly, I plan to write a seperate thread with a full account of my experience buying the diamond and commissioning the setting.

However, in the meantime I would like to show you some PHOTOS!!

Diamond is a GIA 2.70ct H VS2 Triple Excellent 1.8 on the HCA.

My fiance loves the ring and diamond so it is safe to say the entire venture was a success. (she did not work with me on the selection process etc and was truly suprised when I proposed to her!)

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ances-2-70ct-leon-mege-solitaire-ring.161793/

Attachments

• aqua.bmp
    697.6 KB · Views: 4,005

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mbhc13 » 09 Jun 2011 02:36

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-steven-kirsch-halo-is-here-1-33ct-rb.161808/

First of all, thank you all for the assistance in choosing a diamond and finding the right person to make this ring. My girlfriend was not involved in the process and I can't wait to surprise her in 10 days. I will make sure to get pictures of her wearing it.

Details:
1.33 G VS1 hearts and arrows from Whiteflash, I love this stone!
Steven sketched up a halo with the stems coming to a point instead of the donut, this will allow a matching wedding band to sit very close. There is also a small stone inside the band where the stems meet. I gave him a few modifications and sent him the stone and he was off. Ring showed up on time and the first time I saw it was when I opened the package. It is stunning!
He was a pleasure to work with and I will definitely work with him again in the future! I cant recommend Steven or Whiteflash enough. Thank you Pricescope for introducing me!

It has been tough to keep this whole process a secret so I was only able to snap some quick pics before it went in the safe. I plan to try and get some closeups this weekend. Please tell me what you think, will she love it?!
Now for the pictures:

Attachments

• mbh.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 3,937

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kathleenmv » 09 Jun 2011 12:23
After thinking about and obsessing over setting options for my August Vintage Cushion for a year and a half, I finally have the ring of my dreams! Many thanks to all who have offered insight, suggestions, support and inspiration along the way. I am very, very grateful.

Both Good Old Gold and Engagement Rings Direct were amazing to work with.

Jonathon at GOG was incredibly patient and helpful as I navigated the many options for my AVC. I've worked with him and his team for many years and they always exceed my expectations, both in service and quaity of stones. I fell in love with the AVC, then the AVR, which I'll create a separate thread for.

Mark at Engagement Rings Direct was a tireless companion on this journey, making himself available for my many questions and ideas, and instrumental in bringing my initially-fuzzy vision (which is reminiscent of the Tacori 2628) to life. He was able to have French-cut trapezoids made for my side stones, which thrilled me out of my bling-addled mind. The workmanship on the ring is fantastic and ERD's price was unbeatable--literally. I can't say enough about Mark and the ERD team!

On to the specs and photos!

Center Stone
August Vintage Cushion
1.54 carats
H
SI1
Total depth: 67.53%
Table percentage: 51.82
Pavillion angle: 40.75 degrees
Crown angle: 30.50 degrees

Setting:
18K white gold
.60 total carat weight in French-cut trapezoids
Harry Winston-esque halo and pave band (I can't remember the total carat weight)
Size 6

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avc-erd-3-stone-with-halo.161821/

Attachments

• avchalo.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,844

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
fighton49er » 09 Jun 2011 20:40
I've lurked for many years and learned a lot about diamonds over the years from you all. I'm excited to be able to share with you my new engagement ring from Brian Gavin! It's a 1.76 AGS Triple 0 I/SI1 in a size 8 Tiffany style knife edge platinum band. It is amazing beautiful, we can't stop looking at it! Everywhere I go I get comments on my ring. The only thing I was surprised by was how quickly the bottom of knife edge rings become worn down. I've had the ring for three weeks and it already feels quite smooth. I'll probably have to have it polished once or twice a year to retain the tapered look.

We've picked out matching platinum Lucida bands, mine is 4mm with three stones set into the band, his is 6mm with one stone. My solitaire looks great with the band without being too matchy-matchy, although I will probably wear my engagement ring on my right hand most of the time. I'm already eyeing two thin diamond eternity bands to flank my engagement ring when I wear it on my right hand.... I love the look of a plain wedding band on its own, but I want some options too. Luckily my fiance is very supportive of my jewelry habit!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-engagement-ring.161840/

Attachments

• fight.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,836

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to thank the people at Whiteflash. Especially Bob and Vera who were fantastic. We hit a couple bumps along the way but everything worked out in the end. They answered many e-mails and phone calls from the fiance, who was very nervous about making such a large purchase online; now he can't say enough good things about his whole experience to anyone who asks about the ring.

The diamond is a 1.2ct, F, VS1, AGS1 (marks taken off for polish). I know a lot of PSers prefer AGS0 but it sparkles like crazy and I love it. The band is made of 18k palladium white gold and is a size 8 . The setting is a semi-custom as the width was changed to 3mm tapering to 2.5mm at the top and bottom.

You can read about the proposal in the Ladies in Waiting post.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-guess-you-can-be-surprised.161807/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/x-prong-engagement-ring-from-whiteflash.161850/

gummi.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mayerling » 11 Jun 2011 13:17
Hi everyone,

I'm here to show off my GORGEOUS wedding set! Many of you will remember that I went back and forth about what kind of wedding ring to get ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-wedding-ring.157125/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-wedding-ring.157125/[/URL]), but I'm glad I decided on this one. It's a 1/3 eternity, with 18 princess cut diamonds, G VS2 0.2 tcw, in a 2.3mm platinum setting.

I first got the call that it was ready on Thursday, and that night I had a nightmare about how it was going to turn out awful, and how they were going to give me this gaudy ring - especially since I had never seen it; I ordered it on the basis of the full eternity. But I when first laid my eyes on it, I was hooked. I had such a smile on my face.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/showing-off-my-new-wedding-set.161905/

mayerling.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Although I don't post often, I am an avid lurker of SMTR!!!! Here's my three stone recently re-set into a classic, white gold, basket mounting.

mine1.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
...and another shot of the mounting, nothing fancy, just a plain, classic look.

mine2.jpg

raindancer

Rough_Rock
Fancy Yellow Cushion Cut

Here's my ring! It's a 1.35 ct VVS2 Fancy Yellow Cushion Cut with heart shaped side stones.

diamondring.jpg

diamondring2.jpg

diamondring3.jpg

diamondring4.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wwmd8118 » 11 Jun 2011 23:22
I haven't posted much in this part of PS but have spent plenty of time lurking while doing most of my posting over in LIW. Now that there has actually been a proposal, I can officially show the bling!

My FI selected a ring from Blue Nile (Blue Nile Pave setting), and I am completely in love with it. I know that Blue Nile gets a bit of a bad rep on PS because there is no upgrade policy and they don't actually have the diamonds on site. However, FI has nothing but good things to say and had a wonderful experience. He called many times and talked with them about various diamonds he was considering and they helped to point him in the right direction. He was even comparing 2 specific diamonds and they explained what the inclusions were like, where they were located, etc. to help him decide, so they were very helpful. It was a good experience for him overall...and now that I have this beauty, it's of course a great experience for me, too.

Here are the details: 1.4 ct, Ideal Cut, G Color, VS2 Clarity. The setting is 2.2mm wide with .5 ct of pave diamonds...

Thanks for looking!!

wwmd.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, a while ago I posted that I have three .20ish RB stones varying from H-I in color and SI1-Si2 in clarity. I posted looking for some inspiration and D&T gave me the idea to do a two tone DBTY style bracelet.

It is a 14kt white gold cable chain, 6.75 in length. The bezels are 14kt rose gold, and there is a total of .68cttw of RB stones!

Can't wait for it to arrive :appl:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-i-will-be-getting-this-soooo-soon.161953/

dbty1.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya » 14 Jun 2011 13:48
My hubby surprised me by purchasing me a white gold 3cttw, 3-prong tennis bracelet from Whiteflash! They were wonderful to work with and was in contact with both Debi and Sheerah and they were awesome. It was a pleasure working with them to get my dream bracelet!! Thank you! I am thrilled with the bracelet...it is absolutely gorgeous, and I cannot believe how sparkly this thing is! It is the perfect size for daily wear, which is exactly what I do.

Here are a few pictures. I hope they aren't too big!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-tennis-bracelet.162030/

orbaya.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• picabia.bmp
    800.7 KB · Views: 3,047
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results