shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding ring?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I thought about posting this in RT but then I decided that there wouldn't be any point to that, as this is just a question of wedding ring appearance rather than value (since the total carat weight is so small they can't even certificate it).

So I just wanted to ask what everybody things of these two rings. The first is a half-eternity, with channel set princess diamonds, total carat weight 0.25. The second is just a plain platinum 2mm band. So what do you guys think?

p.s. sorry about the bad resolution.

IMG_0653.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Here's the plain band:

IMG_0654.jpg

ac719

Shiny_Rock
half eternity for sure!
i have the same set, I started out with a plain band. upgraded to diamond band and LOVE it so much more :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the half eternity, also.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1298757151|2860085 said:
I like the half eternity, also.

Me three! It just adds a little more presence...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha. I don't know what kind of response I was expecting given that this is PS :lol:

But thanks for your replies ladies. All I need now is to make FI understand just why it's so important that my wedding ring have diamonds too. According to him, a stone on the e-ring was enough.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I like both, but if you go for the plain band I would get one that is more flat and matches the band in your ering? I think this is why I prefer the half eternity.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1298762114|2860124 said:
I like both, but if you go for the plain band I would get one that is more flat and matches the band in your engagement ring? I think this is why I prefer the half eternity.

Funny you should say that; I actually tried one on that was flat and matched my e-ring but I actually didn't like how the two looked together. I felt that it was like I was wearing two plain bands and one happened to have a stone on it. I want the band to be noticed in its own right so I prefer it court and smaller. The half-eternity is different in its own right so if I go for that one it would match the e-ring.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Half eternity! :D

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
One of each?!?

The half eternity looks to be the same width as your ering while the plain band looks a smidge thinner. Could be just the pic tho.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
sirbenson|1298776794|2860277 said:
One of each?!?

The half eternity looks to be the same width as your engagement ring while the plain band looks a smidge thinner. Could be just the pic tho.

It is the same width, but it has the diamonds which make it different from the engagement ring band which has no diamonds going around it. The plain band is thinner to distinguish it from the e-ring band, so they don't just look like they're extensions of each other.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
mayerling|1298802715|2860382 said:
One of each?!?

The half eternity looks to be the same width as your engagement ring while the plain band looks a smidge thinner. Could be just the pic tho.

It is the same width, but it has the diamonds which make it different from the engagement ring band which has no diamonds going around it. The plain band is thinner to distinguish it from the e-ring band, so they don't just look like they're extensions of each other.

Ah, ok. Then I definately like the eternity band better. My eye doesn't like when the wedding band and e-ring band are different widths.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Half or full eternity for sure!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
One of each?!?

I think it isn't the width of the ering and band not matching that is not appealing to me but the fact that one is curved and one is more flat.

but then the overwhelming vote seems to be for the eternity anyway :)

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1298916130|2861239 said:
One of each?!?

I think it isn't the width of the engagement ring and band not matching that is not appealing to me but the fact that one is curved and one is more flat.

but then the overwhelming vote seems to be for the eternity anyway :)

You're right; the band is a court fit (which I also kind of like to be honest - again, it gives it that special look). I tried on two more half-eternities today and I'm dying to upload them for opinions but the picture tool isn't working properly...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, goodness! Go for the bling, of course! :bigsmile:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Here's a few more.

I've been thinking that if I do go for a half-eternity, I should go for one that has round diamonds (photos 2 and 3) instead of princesses (photo 1) to maintain a contrast from my e-ring. What do you think?

photo-1.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Having trouble uploading photo 3. It keeps uploading photo 2 over and over :roll:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1298998934|2862097 said:

Well I'm usually a simple band person but I love this look with your Ering! Hope you can get the third pic up soon - could hit the "report concern" button and message admin about it if the problem persists.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input Yssie. I messaged admin when I tried to post and couldn't. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, because I think that the last photo is actually the best and I really wanna hear people's opinions on it.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
All fixed now.

Have a Great Day!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid there's still a problem. It still won't allow me to post new pics. I select one from my computer but when I press 'save' PS just shows me one of the ones I posted previously.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies, this has been resolved now, so it's time for opinions. This is my favourite half-eternity so far and I'd really like to know what everyone else thinks. It's round diamonds so I'd like to know whether people think the contrast to the princess e-ring is good or bad.

IMG_0030_0.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that one is also my favorite :) I think it looks great together!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
They're beautiful. I love how they match widths

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1299013393|2862388 said:
OK ladies, this has been resolved now, so it's time for opinions. This is my favourite half-eternity so far and I'd really like to know what everyone else thinks. It's round diamonds so I'd like to know whether people think the contrast to the princess e-ring is good or bad.
IMG_0030_0.jpg
This one is by far my favorite!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't resist, and today I went back to try 2 and 3 on again and also to get some specs. I still love 3 but 2 looks good as well.

So, 2 is a half-eternity set in platinum (forgot to ask about band width). It's got 12 channel-set round stones, of 0.25 total ctw and the stones are I colour (not good and I'm a bit worried because my e-ring is a D and I wonder if the eternity will look yellowish next to it), and SI1 clarity. It retails at £1099 (which my conversion tool tells me is about $1789).

Ring 3 is also a half-eternity set in a 3mm platinum band. It's got 13 channel-set round stones, of 0.13 total ctw and the stones are F/G colour and of VVS/VS clarity. It retails at £1595 (about $2596).

Now, these are mall stores and I know I can get better deals by going to the diamond district in London but I'm just looking around and getting people's opinions as to what looks good so I know what to ask for when I go to Hatton Garden.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring 3 is gorgeous!

If it is in your budget, I'd go for #3. The clarity is much better than in #2 and I think that'll make a difference when you wear them together.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1299097933|2863127 said:
Ring 3 is gorgeous!

If it is in your budget, I'd go for #3. The clarity is much better than in #2 and I think that'll make a difference when you wear them together.

It's not in my budget. I don't intend to spend more than £1000; but I'm hoping that the price is inflated because this is a B&M store and that I'll be able to get something just like this (or very similar) for less in the London diamond district. I've actually contacted a jeweler in Hatton Garden about a channel-set half-eternity and they've quoted £885. It's more total ctw (0.25), VS clarity, and F-G colour (though only 10 stones) which sounds great. However, I still need to see it and check that it actually looks as good on my finger as 3 does. But, hey, a girl can dream...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1299106075|2863263 said:
TooPatient|1299097933|2863127 said:
Ring 3 is gorgeous!

It's not in my budget. I don't intend to spend more than £1000; but I'm hoping that the price is inflated because this is a B&M store and that I'll be able to get something just like this (or very similar) for less in the London diamond district. I've actually contacted a jeweler in Hatton Garden about a channel-set half-eternity and they've quoted £885. It's more total ctw (0.25), VS clarity, and F-G colour (though only 10 stones) which sounds great. However, I still need to see it and check that it actually looks as good on my finger as 3 does. But, hey, a girl can dream...

Ah!! Got it!

I'm sure you can find a much better price in the diamond district. I love the look of a nice half-eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results