shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG chunky cushions - design opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 9:13:15 AM
Author: geckodani

not at all, thanks dani for your vote. Still waiting for a price on that style..

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 9:30:25 AM
Author: Chrono
I''m waiting for the phone call to tell me it;s here for pickup.

I''m sitting at the dining room table staring out the window waiting for the truck. Might have to call in sick today so I can take photos even though my camera skills are horrible.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 11:27:25 AM
Author: Matata
Date: 6/18/2009 9:30:25 AM

I''m waiting for the phone call to tell me it;s here for pickup.

I''m sitting at the dining room table staring out the window waiting for the truck. Might have to call in sick today so I can take photos even though my camera skills are horrible.

YES!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here! I'm back from the UPS Office where I requested it be held so I can pick it up ASAP.
11.gif

This thing is HUGE! And it's a dazzler. Wow, it puts my old modern cushion to shame with the fire it puts out. It does very well under my dingy office fluorescent lights too. I love the maltese cross in the middle, and when I place it next to my F EC e-ring, I find that I am not bothered at all by the L colour. The tint just adds some mystique to it. I'm in love!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 12:00:16 PM
It''s here! I''m back from the UPS Office where I requested it be held so I can pick it up ASAP.
11.gif

This thing is HUGE! And it''s a dazzler. Wow, it puts my old modern cushion to shame with the fire it puts out. It does very well under my dingy office fluorescent lights too. I love the maltese cross in the middle, and when I place it next to my F EC e-ring, I find that I am not bothered at all by the L colour. The tint just adds some mystique to it. I''m in love!
30.gif
''

Aww C I''m so excited for you but also so jealous!!
36.gif

Thankyou for the description - did Jon end up doing any photos for you?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, 3 pictures but they don''t do justice whatsover to the stone and setting. Thank goodness the setting doesn''t look as terrible in person like the picture. And the OMC is tons better looking in person too. Give me a few minutes while I get my stick.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please bear with the multiple pictures because I don''t know how to collage them.

Chrono164front.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t appear as tinted in person. I wonder if the coloured light return masks the body colour...

chrono164profile.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 12:15:43 PM
Yup, 3 pictures but they don't do justice whatsover to the stone and setting. Thank goodness the setting doesn't look as terrible in person like the picture. And the OMC is tons better looking in person too. Give me a few minutes while I get my stick.

thankyou! Yup, of course the pics won't do it justice, but we still gotta see them woman
9.gif

Do you feel like developing the desire to learn how to do a proper photoshoot anytime soon...?
41.gif

I need something to tide me over for the next couple weeks!

ETA: spoke too soon..if thats an unflattering shot C, you must be having a grand time admiring it in person!
It looks so pretty, I love how square your one is..I can see your concern with the height of the prongs, but top down it still looks pretty - I like the width of the shank. The diamond of course looks gorgeous from all angles
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last picture from GOG. Trust me, the real thing is tons better than the pictures. Redrose, you and Matata are going to go bonkers over your new OMCs.

chrono164side.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 12:23:57 PM
Last picture from GOG. Trust me, the real thing is tons better than the pictures. Redrose, you and Matata are going to go bonkers over your new OMCs.

Yum, look at that high crown! Thankyou for sharing, and can''t wait to see what you decide for the permanent home..
did you consider my suggestion of combining the rachael head with the spinel sides?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Chrono!!! Wish I would have thought about having ring held at UPS. Still waiting for arrival which was supposed to be by 9:30 -- 25 seconds ago.........LOL. And I have to use the bathroom. Terrified the doorbell will ring when I''m incapacitated. Double LOL.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey AJ,
I did think about combining the 2 but I think the Rachael looks better as a stand alone (solitaire). Having the 2 sidestones might detract from the delicacy of the W basket. Gosh, I''m not used to the size and am thinking maybe this will be my final upgrade. Well, give me a few weeks and I''m sure I''ll get used to it.
3.gif
It''s so large that I''m wondering if I have room for the sidestones. The OMC takes up almost half my finger real estate, a plus of having skinny fingers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata,
You are too funny. Are you back from your bathroom break yet? Has the UPS truck dropped by?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono that is gorgeous!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive blurry pics. Will try to do better later. Gotta run to work. This thing is so pretty it makes me wanna cry. First one is with my 3.21 spinel. The diamond is 1.53 K.

withspinel.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the shade. Looooook at the light return. Geez

inshade.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one for now ala flower

flahr.JPG

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:34:42 PM
Found it! It looks basically like the earrings (W shaped basket with double prongs) but on a ring. The seat or ''donut'' will also be square as shown.

I LOVE that basket! I have these two links bookmarked when I was deciding on the setting. They are Tiger007g LM rings with this basket.

Here''s Soprano87''s ring with a simple band. Tiger007g has a more rectangular cushion but with pave band. Hope they won''t mind me posting the links.

soprano87 LM.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoodSoul,
That’s perfect! That ring is exactly what I was considering. Thanks. Muah!
13.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 1:25:11 PM
Author: Matata
Forgive blurry pics. Will try to do better later. Gotta run to work. This thing is so pretty it makes me wanna cry. First one is with my 3.21 spinel. The diamond is 1.53 K.
Matata,
It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? I’m not the emotional type but I’m so beside myself with happiness at how beautiful it is. It doesn’t take much for the OMC to throw colours everywhere. Thanks for the quickie pictures.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are so gorgeous!!! Wow, seriously taking my breath away.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 2:02:54 PM
Author: GoodSoul
Date: 6/17/2009 10:34:42 PM

Found it! It looks basically like the earrings (W shaped basket with double prongs) but on a ring. The seat or ''donut'' will also be square as shown.

I LOVE that basket! I have these two links bookmarked when I was deciding on the setting. They are Tiger007g LM rings with this basket.

Here''s Soprano87''s ring with a simple band. Tiger007g has a more rectangular cushion but with pave band. Hope they won''t mind me posting the links.

That is YUMMY!!
18.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Chrono ! ! !

That is Awesome !

Big Congrats.

I love the color. It has an antique feel to it.

Your finger must be tired; it's Huge ! !
21.gif

--

Question: Do you notice the maltese cross in person?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
AJ,

Another great stone ! !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Matata,
that thing looks huge for a 1.5 on you!
I am so happy you love yours as much as Chrono - you ladies are making me very impatient, lol!

Thankyou for the photos Mat, but I trust you will be starting your own smtr with some closer up ones?
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 12:37:45 PM
Hey AJ,

I did think about combining the 2 but I think the Rachael looks better as a stand alone (solitaire). Having the 2 sidestones might detract from the delicacy of the W basket. Gosh, I''m not used to the size and am thinking maybe this will be my final upgrade. Well, give me a few weeks and I''m sure I''ll get used to it.
3.gif
It''s so large that I''m wondering if I have room for the sidestones. The OMC takes up almost half my finger real estate, a plus of having skinny fingers.

Yeah, now that I''ve seen the photo of a rachael as a solitaire, I may have to agree with you..
I''m glad to hear you have great finger coverage (and yes, I''m sure you''ll get used to it)
5.gif

Congrats matata and chrono on your gorgeous new cushions - for the rest of us, Jon has put up an awesome new video that really shows these performing if anyone''s keen:

vimeo link

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I took the liberty of creating a collage from Jon''s above vid for some eye candy for all -
granted, the fire that comes out of this thing is amazing - but my favourite part is all the colours
that it reflect in the facets, the greens, blues, yellow, oranges and purples
30.gif

enjoy!

jon cushion video 1.1.jpg

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:25:34 AM
Author: arjunajane
I took the liberty of creating a collage from Jon's above vid for some eye candy for all -

granted, the fire that comes out of this thing is amazing - but my favourite part is all the colours

that it reflect in the facets, the greens, blues, yellow, oranges and purples
30.gif

enjoy!

I loved that bit of eye candy! I can not believe that baby is a L color! It is dazzling!!
30.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 10:07:26 PM
Author: arjunajane
Matata,
that thing looks huge for a 1.5 on you!
I am so happy you love yours as much as Chrono - you ladies are making me very impatient, lol!
Thankyou for the photos Mat, but I trust you will be starting your own smtr with some closer up ones?
31.gif

I''m still debating whether I want a bit larger one. Only thing is, the faceting on this one is my idea of perfect and I''m afraid if I went larger, I might not like it as much as I like this one. Soooo, I''ll probably keep this one. (I''ve named her Josette so you know for sure that Matata has gone off the deep end for this diamond
9.gif
)

Sweetie, you are going to be doing the happy dance for a long time after you get your stone. I have NEVER been impressed by any diamond as much as I am by these cushions--even though I own 5 ACAs. If I would have known Jon was going to cut these, I never would have purchased those ACAs last year.

I''ll pull out the "how to" manual this weekend and attempt to conquer macros so I can post better pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results