shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG chunky cushions - design opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 1:46:52 AM
Author: joelly
I''m an owner of a RB ideal H&A. Seeing this cushion makes me want to convert. Is there anyone out there feel the same way?

I do! lol..

Joelly, my advice would be to try and find some vintage style cushions to see and try on in
real life - do you have any antique jewellers in your area?

Pretty much no SA in my whole city knew what a cushion diamond even was, so
I wasn''t able to try anything on first - but Jon will always film
those videos I told you about, and walk you through the differences.

I think there is already a couple of Vimeo''s comparing these OMC''s to H&A''s (and other cuts),but I''m
sure he''d be happy to do a new one if you wanted to see something specific..

Ellen, (another member), who also owns a gorgeous H&A , was looking forward to my impressions
on the OMC. Apparently she is away for a couple days, but you may find our chat interesting
when she returns..

otherwise pls feel free to ask me anything, I can post more comparison pics or whatever if you like.
And there''s a few more pics in my other thread for ya
2.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 5:58:24 AM
Author: arjunajane

I''m an owner of a RB ideal H&A. Seeing this cushion makes me want to convert. Is there anyone out there feel the same way?

I do! lol..

Joelly, my advice would be to try and find some vintage style cushions to see and try on in
real life - do you have any antique jewellers in your area?

Pretty much no SA in my whole city knew what a cushion diamond even was, so
I wasn''t able to try anything on first - but Jon will always film
those videos I told you about, and walk you through the differences.

I think there is already a couple of Vimeo''s comparing these OMC''s to H&A''s (and other cuts),but I''m
sure he''d be happy to do a new one if you wanted to see something specific..

Ellen, (another member), who also owns a gorgeous H&A , was looking forward to my impressions
on the OMC. Apparently she is away for a couple days, but you may find our chat interesting
when she returns..

otherwise pls feel free to ask me anything, I can post more comparison pics or whatever if you like.
And there''s a few more pics in my other thread for ya
2.gif
Thanks, Arjuna Jane. I will look forward to your conversation with Ellen.

I love your diamond so much. How does it look indoor? I spend most of my time indoor, both at work and at home. My RB sparkles a lot, its small facets has colors also. Your cushion has bigger facets though which now I understand that the colors will sparkles more boldly through them.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Joelly I am as well! I have a GOG H&A round 1.32 which I love BUT I love AJ''s cushion and I can get a 2.6 OMC for the SAME money if I trade. Now of course the colour of my round is a G and this is a K so I am obviously sacrificing some colour but I am a little naive and perplexed as to why the pricing so different. Can anyone enlighten me.
I have to say the thought of a cushion double the size with such life in it is very appealing

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 7:50:19 PM
Author: katebar

Joelly I am as well! I have a GOG H&A round 1.32 which I love BUT I love AJ''s cushion and I can get a 2.6 OMC for the SAME money if I trade. Now of course the colour of my round is a G and this is a K so I am obviously sacrificing some colour but I am a little naive and perplexed as to why the pricing so different. Can anyone enlighten me.

I have to say the thought of a cushion double the size with such life in it is very appealing

Hi Kate,
I don''t know the exact details as to why, but I read Jon post elsewhere in RT that his aim was
to keep these OMC''s as affordable as possible. I also believe that he basically already owns the rough, and is having the cutting house pick and choose which ones will cut good OMC''s - perhaps that helps with the prices?
I''m not sure how the whole thing works tbh!

Though, as we know Ideal RB''s carry a premium.
I would just email Jon and ask, but I can attest that there is been no compromise in the production of these OMC''s.

I have to say, your proposal above does sound pretty darn attractive !
If you don''t have an issue with a K, and really think you''d love the cushion more, you know what my advice
would be
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Joelly,
do you mean inside under artificial lights?
I spend most of my time inside too (don''t we all, unfortunately), and so far with Halogen downlights
in my home, it looks pretty darn good inside as well as out..
1.gif

It will depend on what type of lighting you are in (maybe your workplace/ home lighting is different
to mine), and I would simply email Jon, as he will know how to answer better than I.

But so far I have observed my OMC in overcast and sunny daylight, night time under downlights,
and in the stores under strong spotlights (which of course it was stunning under!).

The "ambient" or indirect sunlight (both inside and outside) is when it looks it''s prettiest,
but so far I haven''t seen it look dull in any environment.
If you''ve ever seen nicely cut antique stones (OMC, OEC, transitional), they have a kind of magical
ability of drawing in all the colours and lights from their surroundings.

My OMC does exactly this, but totally ramped up!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 1:07:45 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hey Joelly,
do you mean inside under artificial lights?
I spend most of my time inside too (don''t we all, unfortunately), and so far with Halogen downlights
in my home, it looks pretty darn good inside as well as out..
1.gif

It will depend on what type of lighting you are in (maybe your workplace/ home lighting is different
to mine), and I would simply email Jon, as he will know how to answer better than I.

But so far I have observed my OMC in overcast and sunny daylight, night time under downlights,
and in the stores under strong spotlights (which of course it was stunning under!).

The ''ambient'' or indirect sunlight (both inside and outside) is when it looks it''s prettiest,
but so far I haven''t seen it look dull in any environment.
If you''ve ever seen nicely cut antique stones (OMC, OEC, transitional), they have a kind of magical
ability of drawing in all the colours and lights from their surroundings.

My OMC does exactly this, but totally ramped up!
Hi Arjuna Jane,
Thank you for your reply. Thats just it I guess, I''ve never seen an OMC before. All I''ve ever seen in any store I''ve visited is either a round or princess ideal. I''ve seen emerald cut and oval also but not cushion or OMC. I''m very intrigue with your stone. I''ve not seen anything like it. I will email Jon and inquire.
Since I spend most of my time indoor but my office does have windows so it helps to get light from outside. My job is pretty dry, I deal mostly with numbers, reports and charts. So, having a rainbow on my finger really refresh my days, kwim.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results