shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG chunky cushions - design opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ended up emailing JM and we had a wonderful chat on the phone. He is a lovely man and very easy to talk to. I think its CM''s loss. Jim told me that he is really grateful for all the work that has come his way as a result of PS.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:28:44 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 6/26/2009 4:19:47 PM

Author: arjunajane

Date: 6/26/2009 9:32:00 AM

Author: Ellen

Ha! You''ve got yerself a deal missy!
9.gif

I''m not kiddinhg, if I keep watching these videos, I may just have to take one for a test drive....

ha ha, I completely get it love - isn''t that video of the 2.46 filmed under the tree and in the sun just the best! I really love the views of my one next to the windows - how Jon got those blues, oranges, greens and purples under the table I do not know, but I know I
30.gif
them!

When I get mine, that''s straight where I''m going, under a shady tree for a good photo session- let''s hope I get a couple mins of sun, the weather''s been totally miserable here lately!

What part of the country are you in Ellen (if you don''t mind to say) - is a visit to GOG within reason? It would be a great day trip to go play with the new cushions and OEC''s when they come in!

Awesome news, I think my package is going out today from GOG - I am just awaiting a tracking ID and confirmation.

So everything''s in the works!
36.gif

In sadder news, I never heard back from CM, despite a follow up email enquiry
7.gif
. I have to admit I am sorely disappointed with the whole experience. If someone from CM read this thread and therefore chose not to reply to me based on that, than fine - I just wish they would''ve taken it as constructive criticism (if that was the case, just speculating here).

In my experience, almost 2 weeks for a quote, with a non-response, is not acceptable..
40.gif

Okay, well moving on - my Legato looks fab, so will worry about other settings when the time comes! I''ve decided not to dwell on it any longer.

5.gif
No I don''t mind! I live in the midwest, IL. Too far to go for a visit.
7.gif
I would just have to do some videos, pick one and bring it home for a spin. I really am tempted, but I''m waiting to hear your full report, since you will be going from your gorgeous round. Depending on what you have to say, I''ll go from there. And I''ll most likely give it several months, so I can gleen as much info from you as possible. No pressure, right??!
9.gif
2.gif

I''m really sorry things didn''t work out with CM, but you know, I just always look at things as if they''re meant to be. All will work out for the best.
28.gif

Hey again Miss,
No pressure at all, I will be happy to answer whatever questions you like once its here - which should be on Tuesday!
36.gif

And you know me, there will of course be many a photo, lol..

Yes you''re probably right about CM. I think once I''m ready I''ll give them another go, and lets hope they''ve
addressed these things by then
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 8:34:23 AM
Author: Maisie
I ended up emailing JM and we had a wonderful chat on the phone. He is a lovely man and very easy to talk to. I think its CM''s loss. Jim told me that he is really grateful for all the work that has come his way as a result of PS.

That''s awesome Maisie..Jim is a doll to work with.
Yep, he has mentioned to me too that he may have had problems continuing in this economy without PS - I''m really
happy that Coati''s lead and our other purchases has helped support a really good artist.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 9:29:08 AM

Hey again Miss,
No pressure at all, I will be happy to answer whatever questions you like once its here - which should be on Tuesday!
36.gif

And you know me, there will of course be many a photo, lol..

Yes you''re probably right about CM. I think once I''m ready I''ll give them another go, and lets hope they''ve
addressed these things by then
1.gif
woohoo.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excited to see your ring AJ-Tuesday''s not very far away at least!

I think I''m going to follow Maisie''s lead and email JM and see what he can come up with!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 4:11:28 PM
Author: packrat
Excited to see your ring AJ-Tuesday''s not very far away at least!

I think I''m going to follow Maisie''s lead and email JM and see what he can come up with!

I think that sounds like a good idea packrat
35.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane, I think you are creating my dream ring! LOL! So let me get this straight because this was a long thread, you now have a OMC reset into your legato, and your will be making a custom bezel for your new chunky GOG cushion? SIGH, yup, my dream ring(s)!

Just for fun, here are some milgrained bezeled chunky cushions for inspiration that I have drooled over many times....I can't wait to see your finished ring!
30.gif

ETC:hmmm pics won't attach, I will try again later...! Look up singlestone for inspiration, there is one on page 7 that is TDF, and one with french cuts....

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully this works?

All time favs.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:48:01 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
arjunajane, I think you are creating my dream ring! LOL! So let me get this straight because this was a long thread, you now have a OMC reset into your legato, and your will be making a custom bezel for your new chunky GOG cushion? SIGH, yup, my dream ring(s)!

Just for fun, here are some milgrained bezeled chunky cushions for inspiration that I have drooled over many times....I can''t wait to see your finished ring!
30.gif

ETC:hmmm pics won''t attach, I will try again later...! Look up singlestone for inspiration, there is one on page 7 that is TDF, and one with french cuts....

Hey Blinger,
thankyou for sharing the photos - I agree, SS do a wonderful job of setting these chunky cushions.
I really love the one with the French Cuts and the Yellow gold one too - so pretty!
Yep, you have it correct - I had the GOG OMC set into my Legato, and down the track I will likely think about
creating a custom bezel setting.

Thankyou for your comments!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Well, I officially freakin'' *hate* customs here..
29.gif

My ring was 100% on track to be delivered today, and of course customs
have decided to hang onto it, despite GOG working hard to help me avoid this exact situation..
7.gif

I''ve spoken to FedEx and they reckon they can''t even say when delivery will be now,
because of stupid customs..
38.gif

They *always* keep all of my packages, I have to end up driving 40mins out to the airport
and back to file all this paperwork etc just to get my stuff..it gets so tiring and irritating (and expensive!).

Ok, sorry just I wanted a whinge - was really looking forward to receiving my ring today.
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, scrap that..after a few upset phone calls to Fedex and customs, and a
drive to the depot, I have my OMC!!

The diamond is simply beautiful, and GOG did a grand job re-using my Legato.

Here is a teaser shot until we get a lil sun, and I can do a proper write up
on the whole experience, my impressions compared to my RB, etc..
if this is what it looks like on a grey, rainy, overcast day inside than I can''t wait for some sun and
a shady tree!
36.gif

DSC04599rs.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OW BRUDDAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more pics!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
rofl, bruddah Lozza, don''t use up all of your emoties, as there will be a
creative and pretty photo stream to come - you know me, lol !
Hopefully tomorrow with a bit of luck the storm clouds will clear enough
for a proper photo shoot
1.gif

Thankyou BA - you got it! I''ll find some props and try and get my creative on
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 5:43:50 AM
rofl, bruddah Lozza, don''t use up all of your emoties, as there will be a
for a proper photo shoot
1.gif

Thankyou BA - you got it! I''ll find some props and try and get my creative on
5.gif
I dunno....I think I might have to throw a massive tantrum if more photos aren''t immediately forthcoming Bruddah....
7.gif
Its not Brudderly to keep us hanging!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 5:51:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 6/30/2009 5:43:50 AM

rofl, bruddah Lozza, don't use up all of your emoties, as there will be a

for a proper photo shoot
1.gif

Thankyou BA - you got it! I'll find some props and try and get my creative on
5.gif

I dunno....I think I might have to throw a massive tantrum if more photos aren't immediately forthcoming Bruddah....
7.gif
Its not Brudderly to keep us hanging!

ha ha ha,
you have my Brudderly word!
I just want to make sure I do this diamond justice, you've no idea how utterly miserable the weather is
here atm..
40.gif

It's night now, but I will do my bestest tomorrow Bruddah Lozza...just hold off on
the tanties until then, okay?
9.gif

I'd also like to experience wearing the OMC in different lighting etc for a lil bit,
so I can give some accurate reviews compared to my RB, for folks like Ms Ellen
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! It looks amazing! Can''t wait for more pics and to hear your thoughts on the stone. Can''t imagine they''d be anything but wonderful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool stone. THANK YOU for sharing all of your experiences so far with CM, and GOG and JM. Hope you are charging your camera batteries!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh mercy I can''t wait to see more pictures!!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I literally GASPED when I scrolled down and saw it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s HERE!!!!! Don''t forget about us here when you are wearing it.
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it daytime there yet?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ stunning how did i miss this. Whoo Whoo girl this rocks. You are seriously going to get a lot of attention in Perth my girl what a stunner

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you gals are too funny, of course I won''t forget about ya''s!

thankyou Katebar - it''s smaller than my RB, but no less beautiful that''s for sure.

The Perth weather has done me proud and some sun is peeking out today, a photoshoot is in the works
I promise!

Thankyou everyone who has left lovely comments so far
35.gif

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
WOW AJ, it''s beautiful!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Pls post more pics!!!!!

I''m on vacation now but have to login to see your yummy little thing....
18.gif
18.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks great in the pic but i''m wondering how you think it''d perform in a pendant?

The cut is awesome and I''ve been eyeing those cushions since GOG got the first prototypes in.
I keep thinking that I should upgrade my pendant to one but on the other hand, would it be wasted in a pendant? Is it more sutiable for a ring as your hand constantly moves and you''d get more fire and scint out of it?

Any thoughts, AJ?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 1:23:29 PM
Author: elle_chris
The stone looks great in the pic but i''m wondering how you think it''d perform in a pendant?

The cut is awesome and I''ve been eyeing those cushions since GOG got the first prototypes in.

I keep thinking that I should upgrade my pendant to one but on the other hand, would it be wasted in a pendant? Is it more sutiable for a ring as your hand constantly moves and you''d get more fire and scint out of it?

Any thoughts, AJ?

Hey Elle,
if a pendant is what your heart desires, than these OMC''s would certainly make a striking one.
But I really have to say I''d recommend a ring, 110%. What about a RHR?
They are just so pretty, constantly changing colours, is just like wearing a rainbow, I''m not kidding!

I would say perhaps source a vintage stone for a pendant, and keep these guys to a ring - I can''t stop
staring at my hand
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
25.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Bump.

I''m lusting for more pics. Pleaseee!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m an owner of a RB ideal H&A. Seeing this cushion makes me want to convert. Is there anyone out there feel the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results