shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What lovely stones! The recut is AMAZING!!!!!!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Hey twin- we got it today! Started a new thread. Come visit!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 12:12:52 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/22/2009 8:52:33 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 10/20/2009 10:46:27 PM

And Gene''s new yellow zircon:

Also cushion - yes, I like cushions, is that okay?!
3.gif

4.55ct, 8.9mm, heated by Gene.

Color: 9

Clarity: 10

Brilliance: 5

Total Quality Rating: 9.7

Apparently looks like a yellow diamond in person - I couldn''t resist the colour
41.gif

Is it o.k. that you like cushions?? you are speaking my language!!
3.gif
They are all just heavenly........but I have to say...that JW sapphire is just MESMERIZING!!! It sparkles like mad and I love the color too!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ha ha..thanks CCN - that comment was rather rhetorical of course - who doesn''t like cushions!
I''m actually looking forward a lot to comparing the differences in the cushion cuts from these 3 different cutters...of course, this will call for photographic analysis
11.gif
2.gif

Indeed we want to see that photographic analysis!!
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:23:06 PM
Author: Spirit
Hey twin- we got it today! Started a new thread. Come visit!

just posted - it''s astounding, I love everything about it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks princess!

And CCN - why of course! Would you expect anything less?!
17.gif
41.gif

But seriously, I think it shall make for an interesting comparison as they are all rather different..shame I won't have the sapph to do a loose analysis
7.gif

I can throw my Gene Umbalite in the mix too - even though its the same cut (I believe??) as the zircon, I'm confident they will look quite different still..

umbalite unset:

precision cushion umbaliteaj1.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
amazing stone AJ can''t wait to see it set!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 12:25:59 PM
I like the way you think Gemgirl - looking forward to seeing your lil tanz!
Is it there yet for photos?

Honestly, I feel extremely lucky that I just happened to email Jeff when I did and obtain this sapphire. I know I may be sounding a bit OTT, but I honestly believe it couldn''t have turned out better.
Not to mention, if anyone is considering a sapphire purchase (or really anything) from Jeff - I can attest his prices are more than fair, especially for the great service and gorgeous product he delivers. I always just assumed I could not afford a JW sapph when I looked at sites with prices - but not so:

I had a quick look for comparisons sake - and say for a similar shape, size and colour on a site like NSC - well, the prices are all over the place- but it easily would''ve cost me 2 - 3 times more (minimum!).
40.gif
And that''s with an average/native cut too..

I know which one I would choose if I did it again !

(nb. I realize NSC are unheated, I''ve taken that into consideration in my above comparison).
Oh I''m so sad....... at least temporarily. Yep, little tanzie arrived yesterday but she''s too small and I''m disappointed in her wishy washy color. AJ you bought some gorgeous stones, each well saturated with intense gorgeous color. This tanzie in real life turned out to be very average. Blah! I own three tanzies in this color and I''m dumping them on Ebay soon. That''s how much I don''t like the color!

I think I''ll start my first colored stone thread and you can see what my diamond bow looks like and what I''d like to add to it. Maybe you can give me some suggestions. I''m going on a treasure hunt today to my local gem place. Odds are, I won''t find exactly what I''m looking for there and I might just move on to my second project and keep looking for a "just right" pear for this project.

I''ll start a thread after coffee.

Meanwhile, I''m loving Lesley the more we correspond and I''m looking forward to working with her and Brian.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 7:44:37 AM
Author: gemgirl
Oh I''m so sad....... at least temporarily. Yep, little tanzie arrived yesterday but she''s too small and I''m disappointed in her wishy washy color. AJ you bought some gorgeous stones, each well saturated with intense gorgeous color. This tanzie in real life turned out to be very average. Blah! I own three tanzies in this color and I''m dumping them on Ebay soon. That''s how much I don''t like the color!

I think I''ll start my first colored stone thread and you can see what my diamond bow looks like and what I''d like to add to it. Maybe you can give me some suggestions. I''m going on a treasure hunt today to my local gem place. Odds are, I won''t find exactly what I''m looking for there and I might just move on to my second project and keep looking for a ''just right'' pear for this project.

Meanwhile, I''m loving Lesley the more we correspond and I''m looking forward to working with her and Brian.

aw, I''m sorry GG you weren''t happy with the tanz
7.gif
Was it a case of not looking like the photos? (Do you want to share who the vendor was by chance?)
I saw a gorgeous small tanz pear somewhere - but I just checked and the image is not on my PC. I can go looking if you like? But it was quite a light lavender colour..?

Ah well, no point in keeping your tanz''s if you don''t love them- Ebay it is then!
5.gif

Yes please do start a thread - I wouldn''t say I''m one of the better ones around here for design insight, but I''d be more than happy to try and help
1.gif

I''ll keep an eye out for your thread.

Oh and Lesley and Brian have been the best with me so far.

Considering how nutso busy Lesley always is - (I don''t even want to consider how many emails that woman has to deal with per day
40.gif
) - her level of service is still so attentive and personable.
She emailed me today, just to reassure that my sapphire is "safely sleeping" in the vault over the w''end, lol..

I had a great long chat with Brian on the phone the other night, to work out all the details of my ring - he is very easy to speak to and pretty intuitive on what you want (as others have reported).
He''s left on a trip atm, or else I may have had the CAD already!
3.gif
11.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 8:50:11 AM

Date: 10/23/2009 7:44:37 AM

I think I''ll start my first colored stone thread and you can see what my diamond bow looks like and what I''d like to add to it. Maybe you can give me some suggestions. I''m going on a treasure hunt today to my local gem place. Odds are, I won''t find exactly what I''m looking for there and I might just move on to my second project and keep looking for a ''just right'' pear for this project.

aw, I''m sorry GG you weren''t happy with the tanz
7.gif
Was it a case of not looking like the photos? (Do you want to share who the vendor was by chance?)
I saw a gorgeous small tanz pear somewhere - but I just checked and the image is not on my PC. I can go looking if you like? But it was quite a light lavender colour..?

Ah well, no point in keeping your tanz''s if you don''t love them- Ebay it is then!
5.gif

Yes please do start a thread - I wouldn''t say I''m one of the better ones around here for design insight, but I''d be more than happy to try and help
1.gif

I''ll keep an eye out for your thread.

Oh and Lesley and Brian have been the best with me so far.

Considering how nutso busy Lesley always is - (I don''t even want to consider how many emails that woman has to deal with per day
40.gif
) - her level of service is still so attentive and personable.
She emailed me today, just to reassure that my sapphire is ''safely sleeping'' in the vault over the w''end, lol..

I had a great long chat with Brian on the phone the other night, to work out all the details of my ring - he is very easy to speak to and pretty intuitive on what you want (as others have reported).
He''s left on a trip atm, or else I may have had the CAD already!
3.gif
11.gif
My tanzanite was from simplysapphires.com They still have the picture up, even though they sent it to me.

http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagestanzanite2005/tanzp94-sm.html

It was both the color and the size. The picture that they show is kind of nice, but you''ll see when I post the photo of it (upside down, as per Lesley) under my bow. It''s a diluted color and it''s much too small, even with the halo that would be around it. The 8 x 5 size is not big enough. I need to find a 10 x 6 I think. I''d love to stumble upon a lovely blueberry colored pear shaped Iolite. I''ve got to look around.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
hey gemtwin,
I hope you win the next Pricescope prize! You have helped so many people and have so much knowledge about all of this! Can we vote?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 9:43:03 AM
My tanzanite was from simplysapphires.com They still have the picture up, even though they sent it to me.

http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagestanzanite2005/tanzp94-sm.html

It was both the color and the size. The picture that they show is kind of nice, but you''ll see when I post the photo of it (upside down, as per Lesley) under my bow. It''s a diluted color and it''s much too small, even with the halo that would be around it. The 8 x 5 size is not big enough. I need to find a 10 x 6 I think. I''d love to stumble upon a lovely blueberry colored pear shaped Iolite. I''ve got to look around.

Thanks GG for the link/explanation - yes I agree compared to the pic in your thread that Simply Sapph photo is quite off..

I think 10 x 6 sounds nice..have you contacted someone like Barry? He often has alot of rough or even cut stones just around that aren''t put on his site.
There''s been a couple times I''ve contacted him to have something cut, only to find out he had the exact correct thing just sitting around
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:20:16 AM
hey gemtwin,

I hope you win the next Pricescope prize! You have helped so many people and have so much knowledge about all of this! Can we vote?

aw shucks Spirit, thankyou - however I''d have to disagree with you on the knowledge bit, I''m very much still a learner in that dept compared to most around here!

The PS Gifts are awarded when a member reaches 10k posts - but they are not a "given" - it depends on the posters'' positive contribution to the educational spirit of PS.
So, in other words just reaching 10k posts does not guarantee a gift.
And no, ha ha you can''t vote
9.gif

But thankyou for the compliment though, I am glad you find me helpful!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Twin, is your ring already in the works? Have you decided on every detail? You must be busting! Can''t wait for you to finally meet your beauty!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:46:47 PM
Twin, is your ring already in the works? Have you decided on every detail? You must be busting! Can''t wait for you to finally meet your beauty!

ha ha, you''re so sweet - it''s like you''re as excited as I am!
Yes, we are just waiting for Brian to return from a trip, then next week I should have the CAD.
Brian and I had a long phone call and discussed every detail and change - so we will see what I think once the CAD is done.
Apparently once it''s approved, casting and finishing moves quite quickly.
With any luck, I could have the ring by end of Nov
36.gif

Yes, as a friend of mine would say - I am wiggling like a puppy over here! lol..
9.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
haha! That''s funny!
I don''t know if you ever mentioned- but did Jeff do a pavillion only recut or a full recut? I remember for Dianabanana he did the partial and hers turned out so well. You lucked out when he said he may reduce your size to 1.7 but it resulted in a good 2 ct! Don''t you wish we could take him out for lunch or something to thank him?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 12:04:20 AM
haha! That''s funny!

I don''t know if you ever mentioned- but did Jeff do a pavillion only recut or a full recut? I remember for Dianabanana he did the partial and hers turned out so well. You lucked out when he said he may reduce your size to 1.7 but it resulted in a good 2 ct! Don''t you wish we could take him out for lunch or something to thank him?

I''m positive mine is a full recut like yours - which makes the tiny ct weight and also mm loss very impressive imho. And I even passed that 2ct mark!

Jeff already knows how grateful I am - but I will definitely be sharing photos of the end product with him, and will find a way to thank him when I receive it.
5.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Arj can you please come back! We have things to talk about!
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 5:45:51 PM
35.gif
Just so you know, AJ is Australian, so she''s probably off doing something productive, or if she''s like me, sleeping, seeing as how it''s still morning there...
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 6:13:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 10/24/2009 5:45:51 PM

35.gif

Just so you know, AJ is Australian, so she''s probably off doing something productive, or if she''s like me, sleeping, seeing as how it''s still morning there...
3.gif

he he, thanks Freke!

Hi Spirit (or should I say "G''day"), Freke was spot on its sunday so I was having a sleep in over here..

what do we need to talk about lovey?
5.gif

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
You did good Girl! lol That stone must be a twin of our e ring stone. Pretty spectacular indeed!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 1:44:27 PM
Author: Tropicmaster
You did good Girl! lol That stone must be a twin of our e ring stone. Pretty spectacular indeed!

Cheers Tropic!
And thankyou very much for your advice along the way.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update with some snazzy new photos that Brian was kind enough to take for me..

CAD should be in process any day now !
36.gif

BrianGavin_N-Sapphire2_102809.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
5.gif

BrianGavin_N-Sapphire5_102809.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

BrianGavin_N-Sapphire_102809.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Unreal photos, AJ! Yummy!
30.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ooh! lovely! I''m so excited to see how it will turn out set!!
31.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG... Kudos to Brian for such COOL and Yummy pics!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
can''t wait can''t wait!! it''s going to be goooorgeous! (say that in a high singy opera voice b/c that''s how I typed it)
9.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Whoa aussie- those shots are even more beyond belief gorgeous! You must be soooo excited ! I love it all over again! ( Especially the underside photo!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 10:11:06 PM
Author: packrat
can''t wait can''t wait!! it''s going to be goooorgeous! (say that in a high singy opera voice b/c that''s how I typed it)
9.gif

lol Pack!
Well, I imagined it in an Opera voice - I think if I''ve had sung it, my co workers may not like me so much anymore..
40.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results