shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 5:32:37 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hey again MAC,
cheers for the further info on Stefans - thats cool that they undercut the internet price for you. May I ask what the cut quality is like that you purchased (or do you have a thread with specs etc)?
You''re welcome on the importing thing - spread the word as much as you can to others.

I did actually have a vintage transitional diamond made into a bezel pendant by one of the London Court upstairs jewellers - at the time I was relatively happy with the work, and I didn''t really consider a half ct pendant ''worth it'' to have done in the US, yanno..
But tbh, I know that if I had, say WF or BGD make it it would''ve turned out a bit nicer. It was well done, but just the milgrain and finish weren''t quite there, kwim?

Do you mind to tell me the name of the store you''re using? I have had a few other recommendations to use another guy in there, but when I went in to speak to him he seemed very arrogant etc..
If you know anything about my posts I am constantly on the hunt for any local recommendations (including E/S), so I would love to hear your report when you''re finished with that guy
1.gif

When do you anticipate your ring to be completed?

Hi AJ
Sorry, dont have a thread with specs for my ring - didnt know about pricescope when I got it (a few years back now) and I thought it would be kind of wierd to do a thread about it when I joined Picescope cos by then it was an old ring - does that make sense?

However just for you
1.gif
- the diamonds are just over 3/4ct each, F colour VS1 clarity and excellent cut with GIA certs. I (or rather hubby) was just taking a punt and being cheeky by asking Stefans to pricematch, but you know what they say... If you dont ask you dont get and in this case I got
1.gif
and a bit more besides - yay!

The other chappie you mention wouldn''t happen to be Edward Smith by any chance? I had him recommended to me and found him arrogant when speaking with him and he seemed to know even less than me about gemstones (and I''m only just a learner) so walked straight back out again
9.gif
I''ve ended up using a guy called Mark Miles and the ring should be ready to be picked up on Friday
36.gif
so hopefully get some photos at the weekend for posting. Its quite a simple fairly modern design, no milgrain no micropave, so I''ll be disappointed if he doesnt do a good job.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 1:00:17 AM

No worries LG and Cind - yeah, I wouldn''t want anyone thinking I had anything bad to say about Jim!
I loved working with him and hope to again, if I''m lucky more than once
5.gif

You''re correct LG - I haven''t worked with LM, have had a few convo''s with mixed results - likely he is not right for me.

It was Caleb Meyer''s *assistants* that I had an issue with. I won''t say CM himself as I''ve never had the chance to speak to him (his staff wouldn''t let me
33.gif
).
Frankly, I found them to be the complete opposite vibe of Jim''s business - stand-offish, not looking to help, impolite and most importantly, seemingly disinterested in me or my business.

I believe the thread Gemgirl is referring to is one where I was very excited to have them set my GOG cushion, but after numerous attempts on both email and phone I couldn''t get a straight answer out of them on just a simple quote on a stock item, so I gave up.
(I don''t blame you though GG, I have had a lot of projects going and we use so many similar abbreviations around here!).

It was frustrating, so I think (although CM makes amazing designs I would love to own), I will be sticking with Jim for the future.

Cind - if I was in the US I wouldn''t hesitate to just give Jim a friendly call. Last time I emailed he also mentioned that he was full up til Jan, so like you suggested he is probably just running hot with the xmas rush.
I''ve found him to be more of a phone person just generally too.
Can''t wait to see what ideas you have in store for your tsavorite!
5.gif
Yes, that was the project, your beautiful vintage cushion from GOG and I''m sorry everyone for the confusion.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 10:54:18 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Yay for more pics! Can''t wait for the formal shoot!

Man, I''m craving something BLUE now!!
You too MTG? LOL! But not just something blue, THAT blue!

Geez, I''ve got to reign myself in for just a little bit and get through at least my project in the works and the one after that. Then.........
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
(Where''s Vincent Price''s sinister laugh when you need it?)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 10:22:19 AM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 11/29/2009 10:54:18 PM
Yay for more pics! Can''t wait for the formal shoot!

Man, I''m craving something BLUE now!!
You too MTG? LOL! But not just something blue, THAT blue!

Geez, I''ve got to reign myself in for just a little bit and get through at least my project in the works and the one after that. Then.........
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
(Where''s Vincent Price''s sinister laugh when you need it?)

9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I caved...bought something blue.

I know, bad MTG!

But it's so cooooool!

I totally blame this on you AJ!!
21037.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 10:37:14 AM
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 10:08:34 PM
Thankyou kindly to Mochi and Tandogmom for your compliments.

Also thankyou Porridge and Packrat.

hey there LS, cheers for your comment - but where''s my ''Blue-blingalicious'' type post, huh lady?
9.gif
2.gif
Sorry, I''m off my game, obviously!

BLUE SWOONWORTHY BLINGALICIOUS!

LS

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey LostSapph, who did you buy your gorgeous Blueberry from? I remember WF did the mounting (with those big juicy diamonds), but I don''t remember where you got the center stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, your ring is just unreal - the cutting and colour of that sapphire are just insane, and I LOVE the final piece - perfectly suits your hand!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 1:41:18 PM
Author: gemgirl
Hey LostSapph, who did you buy your gorgeous Blueberry from? I remember WF did the mounting (with those big juicy diamonds), but I don''t remember where you got the center stone.
Jeff White. The man that ROCKS.

LS

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 3:14:31 AM
Author: mariedtiger
Date: 11/30/2009 2:30:08 AM

marie - I *loved* that pendant when I saw it, so different! I can''t wait for your photoshoot, I bet they look lovely on you. was the design your idea, Julia''s? You know I''m a fan of your collection, you always come up with such original pieces.

30.gif

Thanks for asking, you know it was the funniest thing, I described my personality and style and Julia came up with this design, and the other one with the amethyst and tourmaline. She''s really talented, because I love wearing the pendant and it looks like I''ve always had it, it''s such a match.

Thank you for your kind words, I can just say ditto, Arjunajane
9.gif
I love your pieces as well, and the diamond you recently got and now this blue sapphire open my eyes to things that I haven''t been aware of before. I''ve always thought blue sapphires aren''t for me, but I''ve definitely changed my mind now. This is such fun, I have projects for 20 years to come!

1.gif
Marie

Isn''t that awesome that Julia can do that? She really does have an incredible talent.
1.gif

I''ve been waiting for ages to see how your one with the am. and tourm turns out, pls be sure to take lots of pics!

You''re most welcome, and thankyou in rerurn - I was just the same as you about blue sapphires, until I saw some of the beauties from Jeff around here.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 10:37:14 AM

I know, bad MTG!

But it''s so cooooool!

I totally blame this on you AJ!!

21037.jpg

mua ha ha ha ha
9.gif
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 1:33:45 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 11/29/2009 10:08:34 PM

Thankyou kindly to Mochi and Tandogmom for your compliments.

Also thankyou Porridge and Packrat.

hey there LS, cheers for your comment - but where''s my ''Blue-blingalicious'' type post, huh lady?
9.gif
2.gif

Sorry, I''m off my game, obviously!

BLUE SWOONWORTHY BLINGALICIOUS!

LS

Now that''s more like it LS! he he, thankyou for making my sapphire feel welcomed to the club...

Now I am off to start my SMTR thread and I have absolutely, waayyy *too many* photos..seriously.
So, I''ll give ya''ll a shout when its time to head over
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 2:48:39 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
AJ, your ring is just unreal - the cutting and colour of that sapphire are just insane, and I LOVE the final piece - perfectly suits your hand!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thankyou kindly LTP for your compliments, I appreciate it.

I''ve posted a bunch more pics
over here if you guys are keen...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 3:26:50 AM

Hi AJ

Sorry, dont have a thread with specs for my ring - didnt know about pricescope when I got it (a few years back now) and I thought it would be kind of wierd to do a thread about it when I joined Picescope cos by then it was an old ring - does that make sense?

However just for you
1.gif
- the diamonds are just over 3/4ct each, F colour VS1 clarity and excellent cut with GIA certs. I (or rather hubby) was just taking a punt and being cheeky by asking Stefans to pricematch, but you know what they say... If you dont ask you dont get and in this case I got
1.gif
and a bit more besides - yay!

The other chappie you mention wouldn''t happen to be Edward Smith by any chance? I had him recommended to me and found him arrogant when speaking with him and he seemed to know even less than me about gemstones (and I''m only just a learner) so walked straight back out again
9.gif
I''ve ended up using a guy called Mark Miles and the ring should be ready to be picked up on Friday
36.gif
so hopefully get some photos at the weekend for posting. Its quite a simple fairly modern design, no milgrain no micropave, so I''ll be disappointed if he doesnt do a good job.

hey again MAC - yup, that makes sense - although I''m sure the folk would always love to see any bling be it pre-PS or no
9.gif

Thankyou for the further info - it sounds like you and hubby did really well, esp. considering was pre-PS education.

re. the Ldn Crt jewellers - I apologize I''m not 100% on their names, but Edward Smith does sound very familiar - is he second floor up, I think the first set of stairs when you enter the Court from Hay st? And he has something about restoring older pieces in his sign / business card?
That waw the guy I thought was rude and also rather ill-informed..
oh boy, I do hope that is not Mark Miles !
40.gif

It sounds like you''ve chosen a design that can''t really be mucked up - so I hope that they over-deliver and impress you.
Looking forward to seeing the end results!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I saw your stone when you first posted this thread, and thought it was fabulous. But I went away for awhile and was just totally intimidated by the length of this thread to get back in. But I''ve now read the 14 pages, seen the gorgeous pictures, and all I can say is WOW. It''s just amazing and the finished ring looks beautiful, even if it has some flaws to be worked out. And I love your handshots (particularly in the real-life perspective one). It''s great to see the details, but the big picture is even more marvelous. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results