shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou flygirl, GG and Liane for the plat advice - every bit counts and I appreciate your stories.

You are right flygirl - I do intend to just wear and enjoy it and not worry about scratches.
I was just kinda trying to figure out how soon I should start trying to suck up to a local jeweller to help with polishing, ha ha
2.gif
It seems that with occasional wear, a couple years could go by with no need anyways, which is good news..

Hi Spirit - thanks gem twin! I still haven''t seen your JW glamour shot anywhere - do you intend on posting it?
Yes, Jeff was kind enough to take photos in different lighting for me - seeing as I am effectively giving up my right to my inspection period, as I will never see the stone in person before it is set - we both agreed the more photos the better. It is also in his interest to ensure I know just what to expect when it finally arrives in Australia
But those couple were all I needed - as soon as I opened the first image I was sold!
1.gif

Agreed 110%, as nice as Gary''s CC sapphire was, I am thrilled to bits the PS folk helped convince me to go with Jeff.
And it looks like I may have ended up with a colour shifter as well after all!
5.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
But it was never the color shift that bothered you about the Finewater stone it was the size right?

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
I will try to post what I have - or maybe wait a few more days til I see it in person first. We are so close now! I hope I will be blown away!
Yours came out just perfect! I don''t know how you concentrated on 3 stones all at the same time!
How long will it take to be set in a ring?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
North South for sure.

I love the platinum patina and would never have it polished. I think it would make your awesome stone pop even more.

I often ask for brushed settings as it so brings out the stone.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am late to the game but your sapphire is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color/cut/size. Perfection
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 12:31:41 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
But it was never the color shift that bothered you about the Finewater stone it was the size right?

hey ltl - absolutely not ! Infact as mentioned, I requested Jeff a stone with violet, that''s what I always wanted.
To me, if it is a colour shift/changer (whatever) that is just an added bonus!
Exactly, it was the size and secondly shape of the smaller sapph that held me back - boy am I glad I kept a lid on the trigger finger now!

(Although to be fair, Gary has told me that stone has found a great home intended for an ering, and it was a very pretty sapph
5.gif
).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:07:48 PM
Author: Spirit
I will try to post what I have - or maybe wait a few more days til I see it in person first. We are so close now! I hope I will be blown away!

Yours came out just perfect! I don''t know how you concentrated on 3 stones all at the same time!

How long will it take to be set in a ring?

I''m sure you''ll love it Spirit. I envy you seeing yours in person tbh!

Ha ha, actually it was 4 stones altogether!
40.gif
41.gif
17.gif

the other ones were easy, I didn''t order them specifically, just chose them from existing cuts - I was clearly having a hard time waiting for the sapphire
20.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals for your input and comments!

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning sapphire! Congrats! Can''t wait to see the setting.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all your new stones but I have to say, that sapphire is just stunning!
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You have been a busy girl, haven''t you
31.gif
That sapphire is gorgeous!! I
30.gif
the color and cut. I will be waiting with anticipation to see the BGD creation that comes from this
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of the MOST beautiful sapphires I have ever seen! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG AJ, your sapphire is absolutely gorgeous
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. Jeff, as usual, did a fantastic job. I can''t wait to see the ring you designed.

How long will it take????????

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arjunajane....we have to have a PS get together in Australia, you & your sparklies are simply too far away. Ever thought about moving to the US, preferably the west coast, hmmmmmmmmm?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ - W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W

What an amazing recut. The sapphire just lights up now doesn''t it? Stunning.

Your other new gems aren''t shabby either!!! Lovely!

I haven''t read all the thread but noticed you''re thinking of platinum for the sapphire? Totally agree. I was worried that my platinum would look too dull after wear and in fact it doesn''t. Highly recommended.

diamond27

Rough_Rock
I wanted to say I think that is the most beautiful sapphire, it glows.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow oh wow, that really proves what excellent cutting can do for a stone. I''m not sure I would have bought that stone when it was first cut, but after JW got his hands on it? Gorgeous! Remarkable transformation! I''m in love with that blue.....

I''m sincerely hoping that I can hold out (and not buy anything else) until I pull my first project together. I''ve been known to do that too AJ. Keep me waiting for too long? and I get myself into all kinds of trouble.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Arj, sis, I am so stuck on the setting! How did you know when you saw THEE right one? Did you have it in your mind, or did it just jump out at you when you saw it? I just haven''t seen the combination in my mind anywhere yet! I get nervous doing a custom setting because somehow it is too hard to envision every detail and I don''t want to be disappointed. You are so lucky you have a clear path to follow now!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for your kind comments!

Pierreone, thankyou for being part of my inspiration for the project.

Linda - if all goes well/smoothly I can expect to have the completed ring by end of Nov - fingers crossed!
2.gif

Lol, matata I''ve more than thought about it - Fi and I have always wanted to come stateside. If you pay my relocation costs, I''ll let you borrow my bling
31.gif

Thankyou ladies for your compliments and info on platinum, it''s all appreciated.

ha ha, I''m glad you can relate gemgirl - what a shocker I am! Although really I was lucky with this stone, I think it was kismet - I just heppened to ask for exactly something that Jeff had just received
5.gif
I''ve read of others waiting months for the right sapphire - I don''t think I would''ve lasted, lol..!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Did I not post on here yet??? AJ that stone is just STUNNING. Seriously it makes my heart pitter-patter. I''m so jealous! I can''t wait to see what you do with it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:14:13 PM
Author: Spirit
Arj, sis, I am so stuck on the setting! How did you know when you saw THEE right one? Did you have it in your mind, or did it just jump out at you when you saw it? I just haven''t seen the combination in my mind anywhere yet! I get nervous doing a custom setting because somehow it is too hard to envision every detail and I don''t want to be disappointed. You are so lucky you have a clear path to follow now!

ah spirit, don''t worry I think we can all relate!
tbh, I did have the elements that I wanted to include in my mind, but absolutely - as soon as I saw the picture it jumped out as "the one".
(I don''t want to hype it up too much, as it''s not like I''m actually designing anything - just taking an inspiration pic and collaborating with BG to make it "mine".)

Your concerns are valid, but I think when you go with a company that uses CAD well, you will have a very clear picture of the end product and can adjust to your heart''s content.
5.gif

However, I do appreciate it can be a bit nerve wracking if you just have a sketch - or, even worse - um, just a work order - like with LM
40.gif
I personally don''t know if I could work that way, unless I really trust the person implicitly - say like with James Meyer or Julia Taylor.

have to started a thread? I''m sure PS''ers will be happy to give you tons of ideas and guidance if you like..?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 10:37:45 PM
Author:arjunajane
36.gif

I honestly don''t think Jeff could have gotten this stone more spot on had I been sitting there next to during the process!

The blue is exactly the colour I asked for, with the violet undertones when not in sunlight (also requested).

I asked for an ''elongated squatty cushion'' - and love the design and shape.

The specs and ct weight even came out better than I was anticipating.

Specs:

Heated Ceylon blue sapphire, recut from ''native'' stone.
2.02 ct. Measures 6.4 x 7.3 mm. Clarity is excellent.
(I will post the original rough photo and specs later from home..)

So, here is the ''glamour shot''
I always knew you had good taste congratulations on all three beautiful stones and nothing wrong with liking cushions
35.gif
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH! I'm speechless over the Sapphire.

And the other stones too???!!! Well let's just say I'm having cushion envy.
21.gif

All great colors and cuts. Congrats!!

ETA: I'm really glad that you didn't go for the smaller Sapphire!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 12:21:43 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover
Date: 10/20/2009 10:37:45 PM

Author:arjunajane

36.gif

I honestly don''t think Jeff could have gotten this stone more spot on had I been sitting there next to during the process!

The blue is exactly the colour I asked for, with the violet undertones when not in sunlight (also requested).

I asked for an ''elongated squatty cushion'' - and love the design and shape.

The specs and ct weight even came out better than I was anticipating.

Specs:

Heated Ceylon blue sapphire, recut from ''native'' stone.

2.02 ct. Measures 6.4 x 7.3 mm. Clarity is excellent.

(I will post the original rough photo and specs later from home..)

So, here is the ''glamour shot''
I always knew you had good taste congratulations on all three beautiful stones and nothing wrong with liking cushions
35.gif
3.gif

thanks CCL! Absolutely not - infact a Barry B cushion is next on my list to obtain
11.gif

Yes, if my tastes had developed to where they are now before I joined - you may have had to be "chunky cushion lover nbr 2" ha ha
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cheers BEG and SH!

me too SH. But I''m also glad it found a good home after all that time on the shelf too.
5.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 10:46:27 PM
Author: arjunajane
And Gene''s new yellow zircon:

Also cushion - yes, I like cushions, is that okay?!
3.gif

4.55ct, 8.9mm, heated by Gene.
Color: 9
Clarity: 10
Brilliance: 5
Total Quality Rating: 9.7

Apparently looks like a yellow diamond in person - I couldn''t resist the colour
41.gif

Is it o.k. that you like cushions?? you are speaking my language!!
3.gif
They are all just heavenly........but I have to say...that JW sapphire is just MESMERIZING!!! It sparkles like mad and I love the color too!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 11:16:14 PM
Thankyou everyone for your kind comments!

Pierreone, thankyou for being part of my inspiration for the project.

Linda - if all goes well/smoothly I can expect to have the completed ring by end of Nov - fingers crossed!
2.gif

Lol, matata I''ve more than thought about it - Fi and I have always wanted to come stateside. If you pay my relocation costs, I''ll let you borrow my bling
31.gif

Thankyou ladies for your compliments and info on platinum, it''s all appreciated.

ha ha, I''m glad you can relate gemgirl - what a shocker I am! Although really I was lucky with this stone, I think it was kismet - I just heppened to ask for exactly something that Jeff had just received
5.gif
I''ve read of others waiting months for the right sapphire - I don''t think I would''ve lasted, lol..!
I guess a lot of us have similar thought patterns in common. I''ve been watching a little pear shaped tanzanite for probably a year now, and I told myself that if it was still there when I was ready to do my project, then it was meant to be.
5.gif
Well my little tanzie will be delivered today. I''ll find out later just how much it was meant to be! I really couldn''t believe that this particular stone hung in in this vendor''s inventory for more than a year. I jokingly thought, it''s waiting for me to buy it
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 8:52:33 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 10/20/2009 10:46:27 PM

And Gene''s new yellow zircon:

Also cushion - yes, I like cushions, is that okay?!
3.gif

4.55ct, 8.9mm, heated by Gene.

Color: 9

Clarity: 10

Brilliance: 5

Total Quality Rating: 9.7

Apparently looks like a yellow diamond in person - I couldn''t resist the colour
41.gif

Is it o.k. that you like cushions?? you are speaking my language!!
3.gif
They are all just heavenly........but I have to say...that JW sapphire is just MESMERIZING!!! It sparkles like mad and I love the color too!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ha ha..thanks CCN - that comment was rather rhetorical of course - who doesn''t like cushions!
I''m actually looking forward a lot to comparing the differences in the cushion cuts from these 3 different cutters...of course, this will call for photographic analysis
11.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I like the way you think Gemgirl - looking forward to seeing your lil tanz!
Is it there yet for photos?

Honestly, I feel extremely lucky that I just happened to email Jeff when I did and obtain this sapphire. I know I may be sounding a bit OTT, but I honestly believe it couldn''t have turned out better.
Not to mention, if anyone is considering a sapphire purchase (or really anything) from Jeff - I can attest his prices are more than fair, especially for the great service and gorgeous product he delivers. I always just assumed I could not afford a JW sapph when I looked at sites with prices - but not so:

I had a quick look for comparisons sake - and say for a similar shape, size and colour on a site like NSC - well, the prices are all over the place- but it easily would''ve cost me 2 - 3 times more (minimum!).
40.gif
And that''s with an average/native cut too..

I know which one I would choose if I did it again !

(nb. I realize NSC are unheated, I''ve taken that into consideration in my above comparison).

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Like so many others have said that sapphire is amazing in it''s color and cut now!
30.gif
Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results