shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Sapphire complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand but I don’t wanna. And it doesn’t mean that I still can’t pout and stomp my feet either.
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 9:05:16 AM
Author: Chrono
I understand but I don’t wanna. And it doesn’t mean that I still can’t pout and stomp my feet either.
3.gif

ha ha lol I likes that image
41.gif

adams828

Rough_Rock
I understand but I don’t wanna.

I second that. I haven''t even gotten my first CAD yet! I am trying to be reeeeeally good and not add another email to Lesley''s inbox asking "when when when??? "
6.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 10:05:54 AM
Author: adams828

I understand but I don’t wanna.

I second that. I haven't even gotten my first CAD yet! I am trying to be reeeeeally good and not add another email to Lesley's inbox asking 'when when when??? '

6.gif

I know just how you feel adams, I'm sure Lesley will be glad to be rid of me by the end of the process, lol..

I think I was lucky in that I locked in my project and made payment before the holiday rush started, plus knew exactly what I wanted, so the process is moving relatively quickly I'm assuming for those reasons...
They have been understanding in that I would love to have it here by the deadline for a small holiday/celebration that is planned for our 5 year anni in a couple of weeks
1.gif

Do you have a thread or care to share any details of your design?
2.gif

adams828

Rough_Rock
Do you have a thread or care to share any details of your design?
2.gif

Not yet, I guess I should start one but I don''t really have many pics to share yet! Maybe on lunch break.. =)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2009 8:45:45 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 11/5/2009 7:40:21 AM
What????? No CAD for us? Meanie!
38.gif
9.gif
One week from the remake of the CAD is very quick.

Yup, they''ve been extremely quick - probably not least as it''s pretty clear I have ants in my pants something chronic, lol...

You know how it is with CADs C - because there are a couple elements (milgrain etc), which aren''t represented in it (and still a change or2 to go), I feel it won''t *quite* give the overall end aesthetic of the ring credit...that sounds like a jerk-ish thing to say, ha ha..but you''ll see what I mean when its posted.

I promise, I''m not doing it to be cruel and unusual!
Oh I thought we''d get to see the CAD today....
38.gif
OK so I''ll wait another week. But I''m sure even the CAD will look stunning.
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we have any news yet???

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:26:40 AM
Author: gemgirl

hey GG, thanks for checking in.
Nothing too exciting - it is in manufacture. I saw some photos of the rough cast yesterday
12.gif

Because they have become crazy busy due to the holiday demand, it will likely be at least another week more than what we originally anticipated
7.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 9:27:32 PM

Nothing too exciting - it is in manufacture. I saw some photos of the rough cast yesterday
12.gif

Because they have become crazy busy due to the holiday demand, it will likely be at least another week more than what we originally anticipated
7.gif
Nah, that''s OK. Let them do their thing in their own time. They turn out perfection, so in this case, waiting is OK by me knowing that the end product that you, I and alot of other PSers get is going to be the best.

Can you imagine what it''s like in their shop in November and December?
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

hkm25

Rough_Rock
I am extremely late to this thread, but I just want to say that that is one of the most beautiful sapphires I have ever seen. I can''t wait to see it set.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 6:36:28 PM
Date: 11/11/2009 9:27:32 PM

12.gif

7.gif

Nah, that''s OK. Let them do their thing in their own time. They turn out perfection, so in this case, waiting is OK by me knowing that the end product that you, I and alot of other PSers get is going to be the best.

Can you imagine what it''s like in their shop in November and December?
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Ya exactly, this is how I feel and I am just stepping back and waiting for good news
5.gif

Yes I know, Lesley communicated to me how hectic it is there now. I did suggest if they ever have a chance to add a video to their blog of the workshop in action, I would love to see it!
I''ve had fun watching the other videos of their jeweller and CAD guy do their thing, it''s cool to see "behind the scenes"
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 7:46:59 PM
Author: hkm25
I am extremely late to this thread, but I just want to say that that is one of the most beautiful sapphires I have ever seen. I can''t wait to see it set.

Thankyou hkm, that''s very kind!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Exciting news - ring is 99% complete.
36.gif

Sapphire to be set, final polish, and other small details completed tomorrow.

Expected shipping to be on Thurs..

If customs don't lag, I should have the ring in hand by mid-late next week!
But I promise to post BGD's photos before then of course
5.gif
11.gif

If anyone is interested, BG added a video of their busy workshop to their blog - I find it really interesting.
But boy are they busy - at one point in the video there are at least 15 or so custom rings on the jeweller's desk !
6.gif

adams828

Rough_Rock
Ooooo can''t wait to see it! Pics pics pics =)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo...how exciting! I''m also looking forward to pictures!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, I''m doing the happy dance for you! It''s so exciting. Thank you AJ for suggesting that they put together that video. I loved it. I know they are swamped with work there but that''s a good thing I think, especially in their first official year of business. That''s kind of a funny thing to say when Brian''s been doing what he does for decades, but you know what I mean, as BGD.

I''m sure your ring is going to be unique and gorgeous and I can''t wait to see it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
on standby!!!
36.gif
36.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see it!!!!
31.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Your sapphire is so gorgeous. I love the color and the shape. I can''t wait to see the setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the written updates. Can''t wait to see the photos of this beauty in her setting.
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oooh ooh ooh! this is so exciting
26.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is one of my most anticipated works of the year!

If I can be 100% honest, I wish I hadn''t got my engagement ring, and had waited til all the giddiness of being engaged had calmed down, and then contacted Jeff for a sapphire and Brian for the setting. But shush, don''t tell my fiance, he would be heartbroken and I do love my ring, but I would love a Jeff/ Brian masterpiece even more.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for sharing in my excitement!

Looks like we are still on standby..
But you guys will know as soon as I do. And thanks for not lynching me for not doing pics along the way
40.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 9:12:12 AM
Oooooooo, I''m doing the happy dance for you! It''s so exciting. Thank you AJ for suggesting that they put together that video. I loved it. I know they are swamped with work there but that''s a good thing I think, especially in their first official year of business. That''s kind of a funny thing to say when Brian''s been doing what he does for decades, but you know what I mean, as BGD.

I''m sure your ring is going to be unique and gorgeous and I can''t wait to see it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks GG!
I have to admit I''m completely having Custom jitters..second guessing my design choices, sweating the little things, hoping it all comes together, etc..you know how it is
20.gif

Isn''t it interesting seeing the behind the scenes videos? You can really get an appreciation for how swamped they are! But I also find all of the processes fascinating.
Actually, the vid was Lesley''s idea, I just said "yes please!".
5.gif

Yup, it''s pretty incredible how much business they are doing and they haven''t even launched a website yet
6.gif
. Very impressive imho.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 3:29:30 AM
Author: SapphireLover
I think this is one of my most anticipated works of the year!

If I can be 100% honest, I wish I hadn''t got my engagement ring, and had waited til all the giddiness of being engaged had calmed down, and then contacted Jeff for a sapphire and Brian for the setting. But shush, don''t tell my fiance, he would be heartbroken and I do love my ring, but I would love a Jeff/ Brian masterpiece even more.

arrgh! don''t say that sapphirelover! Now I''m really feeling the pressure - what if everyone hates it..?
23.gif
.....lol...

Aw don''t feel that way - your ring is lovely.
And sweetheart, that is what anniversary''s are for, he he
11.gif
3.gif
2.gif

When I got engaged, a sapphire ring wasn''t even on my radar; now that I''ve changed my ering a couple times, I adore my OMC diamond and couldn''t be happier.
But I have to admit to a huge level of excitement about owning a JW sapph and a BGD ring - both of which I never would have heard of without PS.
5.gif

Before PS, I had really only seen those icky, inky blue-black, almost opaque "sapphires", I had no idea they could be as pretty as the ones on here folks own!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Still waiting with anticipation
17.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 6:37:29 AM

Date: 11/17/2009 9:12:12 AM

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks GG!
I have to admit I''m completely having Custom jitters..second guessing my design choices, sweating the little things, hoping it all comes together, etc..you know how it is
20.gif

Isn''t it interesting seeing the behind the scenes videos? You can really get an appreciation for how swamped they are! But I also find all of the processes fascinating.
Actually, the vid was Lesley''s idea, I just said ''yes please!''.
5.gif

Yup, it''s pretty incredible how much business they are doing and they haven''t even launched a website yet
6.gif
. Very impressive imho.
I know exactly how you feel AJ. The first time I did this, all I kept thinking was "when I open that box, God let it be what I expected", and that thought drove me nuts while I was waiting because there is no going back. Custom is custom. This time around and more so- for planning my next project in my head for the (hopefully) near future, I keep thinking "what if I forget to discuss a detail with them?" It''s alot of pressure to say the least, BUT, I''m feeling alot more comfortable with Leslie than I did on my other two projects.

What''s even more weird, or at least weird in a different way is that people that are not on PS every day like we are, don''t even know about this remote location/custom process or that this process is even possible! They walk around quite pleased with what can be bought in maul stores, chain stores and from on line catalogues.
My own jeweler, when I brought in my yellow gold halo earrings from GOG to have the posts changed, asked me why I didn''t allow them to set my stones. I explained that the melee in the halo were hearts and arrows precision cut melee. My jeweler''s wife looked at and me and said, "well if you''re into that thing, most people couldn''t tell the difference, but we know you''re nuts about your diamonds".

And I think that''s what makes a Pricescoper, a Pricescoper.
12.gif
We''re quite nuts!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:42:59 AM

I know exactly how you feel AJ. The first time I did this, all I kept thinking was ''when I open that box, God let it be what I expected'', and that thought drove me nuts while I was waiting because there is no going back. Custom is custom. This time around and more so- for planning my next project in my head for the (hopefully) near future, I keep thinking ''what if I forget to discuss a detail with them?'' It''s alot of pressure to say the least, BUT, I''m feeling alot more comfortable with Leslie than I did on my other two projects.

What''s even more weird, or at least weird in a different way is that people that are not on PS every day like we are, don''t even know about this remote location/custom process or that this process is even possible! They walk around quite pleased with what can be bought in maul stores, chain stores and from on line catalogues.

My own jeweler, when I brought in my yellow gold halo earrings from GOG to have the posts changed, asked me why I didn''t allow them to set my stones. I explained that the melee in the halo were hearts and arrows precision cut melee. My jeweler''s wife looked at and me and said, ''well if you''re into that thing, most people couldn''t tell the difference, but we know you''re nuts about your diamonds''.

And I think that''s what makes a Pricescoper, a Pricescoper.
12.gif
We''re quite nuts!

I''m glad you understand how I feel! It is alot of pressure - and I think Brian and Lesley will deserve alot of kudos for putting up with me when its all over
2.gif

ha ha, I like the comment from your jeweller - at least they understand you.

Boy, you should see what''s available (and at what prices!), where I am.
I once had a guy practically throw me out his store because he thought I was lying about what I paid for my GOG H&A, and what grade (colour and clarity) it was; he got really angry, lol!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 10:15:58 AM
Author: risingsun
Still waiting with anticipation
17.gif

me too marian!

Update: photos should be waiting for me when I wake up tomorrow (Fri for me, Thurs for you guys), and it will be shipped Thurs.
5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, it''s Thursday morning....where are the pictures?
11.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results