shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

E B

Ideal_Rock
Can I brag about my husband for just a second? In addition to the awesome mother's day he has planned tomorrow, he came home today with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers (sunflowers, yellow roses with pink tips, daisies, etc.) and a package of 'double stuf' oreos to "get the celebration started early." (We've been on a pretty strict diet for the last several weeks.)

30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 9:54:07 PM
Author: princesss
I love this movie. I didn''t love the book, I didn''t love the 1995 miniseries, but I am obsessed with this movie.

Also, I''m super excited he''s going to be Prior Phillip in The Pillars of the Earth miniseries.
What movie is this?

Since we''re moving in a few weeks, I''m putting our Netflix subscription on hold and it''d be nice to have a selection of movies (from the library) to watch.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Packing is a b*tch. I hate it, I really do.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you know if you read that super fast and don''t absorb the actual letters, it looks like Packie is a bitch-bwahahahaha I thought OMG what''d I SAY??? hahahaha then I was like ohh duh, packing PACKING. Gave me a bit of a start there Zoe!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 5:29:45 PM
Author: packrat
Do you know if you read that super fast and don''t absorb the actual letters, it looks like Packie is a bitch-bwahahahaha I thought OMG what''d I SAY??? hahahaha then I was like ohh duh, packing PACKING. Gave me a bit of a start there Zoe!

haha! No, I love you Packie! I don''t know what''s in me today. I''ve now told 2 PSers that I love them. Huh.
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 4:56:16 PM
Author: MC
Date: 5/7/2010 9:54:07 PM
Author: princesss
I love this movie. I didn't love the book, I didn't love the 1995 miniseries, but I am obsessed with this movie.
Also, I'm super excited he's going to be Prior Phillip in The Pillars of the Earth miniseries.
What movie is this?
Since we're moving in a few weeks, I'm putting our Netflix subscription on hold and it'd be nice to have a selection of movies (from the library) to watch.
Pride and Prejudice! I love the movie, and the book. I love all of her books. I'm actually reading Sense and Sensibility for the nth time right now.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 5:04:27 PM
Author: Zoe

TRUE STORY. It is the worst in the world. Seriously awful. I typically just don''t pack until it''s too late and I have to throw random crap in boxes. I am a joy to move with, in case you were wondering.
9.gif

How''s your packing going? Are you moving back up north? I must have missed an update somewhere!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 4:46:04 PM
Author: E B
Can I brag about my husband for just a second? In addition to the awesome mother''s day he has planned tomorrow, he came home today with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers (sunflowers, yellow roses with pink tips, daisies, etc.) and a package of ''double stuf'' oreos to ''get the celebration started early.'' (We''ve been on a pretty strict diet for the last several weeks.)

30.gif

That''s so sweet of him! The flowers sound beautiful and the oreos sound even better.
9.gif

I am REALLY excited. DARIA is now on DVD (tuesday!) I looooved this show when it was on :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 9:52:59 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 5/8/2010 5:04:27 PM

TRUE STORY. It is the worst in the world. Seriously awful. I typically just don''t pack until it''s too late and I have to throw random crap in boxes. I am a joy to move with, in case you were wondering.
9.gif

How''s your packing going? Are you moving back up north? I must have missed an update somewhere!

Ah, you and my husband would get along so well, Thing!
9.gif

Packing''s going well, but for some reason, I seem to be doing the majority of it. My husband''s waiting, but I''m not sure what he''s waiting for. The last minute, I suppose. Yes, we''re moving back to New England. He got a job in our home state, and I''m looking for another job closer to where he''ll be working (which is on the water, where we''d ultimately like to be). If I don''t find something, I''ll return to the school where I had worked before we came down here. We''re not actually sure where we''ll live, but that''s a whole other story. We might be doing the LDR thing since our jobs will be 1.5 hrs. away from each other.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 4:46:04 PM
Can I brag about my husband for just a second? In addition to the awesome mother''s day he has planned tomorrow, he came home today with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers (sunflowers, yellow roses with pink tips, daisies, etc.) and a package of ''double stuf'' oreos to ''get the celebration started early.'' (We''ve been on a pretty strict diet for the last several weeks.)

30.gif

What a great husband you have, EB! Happy Mother''s Day!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hate the first day back to work after a vacation.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should have to pass an internet social networking test to be permitted on Facebook!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe - best of luck to you in your packing. I'm in the same situation as you.

I'm sitting here hating packing, drinking diet coke, procratinating, etc., while heaping piles of liqeur store boxes loom in my dining room. I brought home more than I need. When I was filling my gas tank, some dorky guy commented on how much I must love "Wild Turkey," or something along that line.

The worst too is that 1/2 of our stuff is going into storage so I have to decide what's worthy of keeping out and what can be forgotten about for 6 months. Books probably will end up in storage
7.gif

PLUS, the fish tanks. How in the h*ll do I move THOSE? Yeah, empty them, but when filling them with water from another water source, they don't acclimate right, and what if they die? Two look easy enough to replace (without kids knowing) but one is some odd betta that's too unique to replace w/out my kids realizing. AH. Why can't I drink at 11 AM?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ughh...seems like everyone is packing.

Moving in, eh, less than 20 days.
Packing that has started? None.
Planned packing? Hopeful, at best.

Ughh. I need to get motivated.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 1:54:42 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
ughh...seems like everyone is packing.

Moving in, eh, less than 20 days.
Packing that has started? None.
Planned packing? Hopeful, at best.

Ughh. I need to get motivated.
Yeah, I have a little under two weeks. lol Was selling stuff on CL to get stuff out of here, but am postponing that. Also have about 12 boxes of donations that are taking up space in my house. What mess. My MIL came over, looked around in horror, and ran out the door! lol

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
It''s shaping up to be a good summer. Lots of friends around, weather isn''t too bad, lots of activities and trips planned...overall, a big improvement on 2009
1.gif
things are starting to look up!

We just had a really weird check amount cashed through FI''s checking account from a "bank teller"...
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
He didn''t cash anything and neither did I
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

I hope it was bank error and not stolen information
32.gif
32.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
swedish bean, that''s horrible! ugh, I really hope it was just an error ..
38.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes!! I hope everything''s okay, swedish!!

So far they said we can shut the account down and ALL pending transactions will be stopped (so, including the gas that was paid on the check card, groceries) or we can wait until tomorrow and they might be able to tell where/ what it''s from. We are waiting until tomorrow morning.. eh..

39.gif
It looks like fraud at this point to us ... Grr!!

Oh, also, my cat barfed all over my dining room table. When I saw it, I cleaned it up (just now) but it had already taken the finish off.

Today can end!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
swedish bean, I hope it was just a glitch!

Date: 5/9/2010 8:45:13 AM

Happy Mother's Day!

Thank you, Zoe!

Still packing today? Is your husband helping out a bit more? I know it sucks.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 1:50:34 PM
Zoe - best of luck to you in your packing. I''m in the same situation as you.

I''m sitting here hating packing, drinking diet coke, procratinating, etc., while heaping piles of liqeur store boxes loom in my dining room. I brought home more than I need. When I was filling my gas tank, some dorky guy commented on how much I must love ''Wild Turkey,'' or something along that line.

The worst too is that 1/2 of our stuff is going into storage so I have to decide what''s worthy of keeping out and what can be forgotten about for 6 months. Books probably will end up in storage
7.gif

PLUS, the fish tanks. How in the h*ll do I move THOSE? Yeah, empty them, but when filling them with water from another water source, they don''t acclimate right, and what if they die? Two look easy enough to replace (without kids knowing) but one is some odd betta that''s too unique to replace w/out my kids realizing. AH. Why can''t I drink at 11 AM?

Oh yeah, we''ve got boxes piling up everywhere too. We''re planning on throwing stuff in storage also, at least until we figure out where we''d like to settle. It depends on whether or not I get a job near my husband''s new job. If so, great, and we''ll find something more permanent later on this summer. If not, I''ll be doing the long-distance thing while staying with my parents during the week (almost 1.5 hrs. away) and seeing him on weekends. Fun fun!

Good luck to you and your family in your move, MC!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I've suddenly become allergic to green apples... can that happen??

I've never had any issues with them before - in fact, they were my favourite snack for years! Last night I was eating one and my lips began to hurt really badly - I stopped eating and took a benadryl and the swelling went down. I thought it was just something strange. Today I tried another - same thing!
33.gif
7.gif
Maybe it's the wax or something?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 7:36:42 PM
swedish bean, I hope it was just a glitch!

Date: 5/9/2010 8:45:13 AM

Happy Mother''s Day!

Thank you, Zoe!

Still packing today? Is your husband helping out a bit more? I know it sucks.

You''re welcome! He actually wrapped and packed all of our table lamps yesterday. I know I complain (maybe too much?), but he really is a great guy. Packing and housework aren''t really his strong points though. It''s been a bone of contention for a long time, but I''m working on being okay with what he DOES do.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
We had a very good weekend, DH and I. We hung out with close friends/family to celebrate our mothers. Then yesterday he surprised me by going home early from work so we can spend sometime together. I married an incredible guy.
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 7:41:20 PM
Author: yssie
I think I''ve suddenly become allergic to green apples... can that happen??

I''ve never had any issues with them before - in fact, they were my favourite snack for years! Last night I was eating one and my lips began to hurt really badly - I stopped eating and took a benadryl and the swelling went down. I thought it was just something strange. Today I tried another - same thing!
33.gif
7.gif
Maybe it''s the wax or something?
The reaction could have been from the pesticides or something on the apples. Did you wash them well? Maybe try another store?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 7:54:39 PM

Date: 5/10/2010 7:41:20 PM
Author: yssie
I think I''ve suddenly become allergic to green apples... can that happen??

I''ve never had any issues with them before - in fact, they were my favourite snack for years! Last night I was eating one and my lips began to hurt really badly - I stopped eating and took a benadryl and the swelling went down. I thought it was just something strange. Today I tried another - same thing!
33.gif
7.gif
Maybe it''s the wax or something?
The reaction could have been from the pesticides or something on the apples. Did you wash them well? Maybe try another store?
They were from Safeway, I did rinse them but I didn''t scrub... I''ll try the farmer''s market in a couple of days. Fingers crossed!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 7:44:13 PM

You''re welcome! He actually wrapped and packed all of our table lamps yesterday. I know I complain (maybe too much?), but he really is a great guy. Packing and housework aren''t really his strong points though. It''s been a bone of contention for a long time, but I''m working on being okay with what he DOES do.

Not at all- moving is no fun. I hope you''re able to find a job near your husband''s job!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Watching my friend from HS''s brother on House!!! It''s soooo fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results