carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 6:13:36 PM
Author: yssie
I always sneeze when I''m tweezing my eyebrows. Always. What''s with that??
I always sneeze when putting on mascara...and I do it almost dailt!! Weird!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I just made some fresh guacamole. All of the ingredients were on sale together at the supermarket. I should have used my chopper, bc now my hands smell like garlic and onions, and I just itched my nose and it is BURNING from the jalepenos!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really trying to stop allowing this particular thing to bother me, but it does. I hate it when people say:

"How do you have time to do XYZ? I wish I had time to do XYZ"

In response to learning that I do something. (Read/run/bicycle/roller blade/walk the dog several miles a day, etc.)

I just sent out a big open invitation to join my book club to all of the women I know. I send it out every summer and fall. One woman responded to my invitation with this email:

"Wow I envy you. How do you have time to read???? I wish I had time to read!

Anyway, I just started this part-time gig hocking crappy products to sell out of people's homes. If you'd like, I can come to a book club meeting and help you pressure your friends into spending their hard-earned money on schlock that they don't need, and probably don't want.*

Let me know if you're interested,
TooBusy ToRead"

*Okay, I paraphrased this bit.
9.gif

Seriously? You're too busy to read but not too busy to sell cheap jewelry at parties? Really?

I know I shouldn't let this annoy me, but it really does. Help me stop taking this the wrong way. It always feels like a really passive aggressive way to question the way others spend their time.

You know what? I feel better already. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm over it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 5:29:39 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
We''re having a ''guess who?'' thing at work where we bring in our baby pictures and we have to guess who is who. Being one of the FEW darker people around here, I thought I''d be a dead giveaway. Turns out, I might actually be stumping some people. hehehehehe.
9.gif
We did one of those when I taught high school, but with a twist. It was a Guess Who? *and* an Ugly Baby Contest.

I won. 19 out of 21 people voted for me. My boss wrote in "The fathead baby." The only people who didn''t vote for me were 1) Me, and 2) The guy who voted for himself, and was thus disqualified.

THEN, a week after I "won" the Ugly Baby Contest* my new grad school prof recognized me. I was in the classroom next door to hers in the 2nd grade. She looked at me and said "You look exactly the same as you looked 20 years ago!" Thanks a lot.

The only fun thing about that contest was that everyone guessed that my boss (a male) was one of our female coworkers. Ha!

*(The prize was a blinking Rudolph nose, by the way. Ha. Ha.)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, my sister and I had a conversation about jealousy the other day and something similar came up. She said a friend of hers was going on a cool trip and my sister told her it sounded awesome and to have a great time. Her friend told her that she was the ONLY person who had told her to have fun. Everyone else just said "Awww man! I''m SO jealous! I wish I could do that!" How about you just be happy for your friend? And if you want to go on a cool trip, go on one!

It came up because my sister moved into a nice new house in a different neighborhood and her best friend (who still lives in her previous neighborhood) is being weird about it, most likely because she''s jealous. My former best friend also started treating me really weirdly when I finally finished my undergraduate degree and left the place we both worked for a new job. She''s (self-admittedly) a very jealous person, and I think she was jealous that I moved on and she hadn''t. We actually don''t even talk anymore.

Why be jealous? Just be happy for someone. And if you''re not happy with where you are, change it!

Okay, guess I needed a vent, too!
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s an interesting take on it, Thing. I hadn''t thought that it could be a jealousy thing.

When I tell people that we''re going to Ireland this summer the response is usually "Must be nice! I wish I could take a trip like that!" and not "Oh, have a great time!" Totally fits.

I don''t even offer the information about the trip, I only share it when people ask "What are you doing this summer?" Sheesh.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:30:02 AM
Author: Haven
That''s an interesting take on it, Thing. I hadn''t thought that it could be a jealousy thing.

When I tell people that we''re going to Ireland this summer the response is usually ''Must be nice! I wish I could take a trip like that!'' and not ''Oh, have a great time!'' Totally fits.

I don''t even offer the information about the trip, I only share it when people ask ''What are you doing this summer?'' Sheesh.

Exactly!

I don''t think it''s an all-consuming, green-eyed monster type of jealousy...maybe jealousy isn''t quite the right word? Maybe it''s more of an entitlement thing. They can''t be happy for someone else because they''re too busy worrying about themselves. I''m tired and probably not making sense, but you know what I''m saying!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s 2am and I can''t sleep. FI is so peacefully, comfortably, happily snoozing
29.gif

Gah.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you ever get headaches in the morning, and they seem to linger for a long, long time? I''ve gotten one every day this week and it''s annoying. I feel very groggy and TIRED. I perk up throughout the day but those first few hours aren''t fun.

I''ve had nightmares two nights in a row.. uhh wish they would stop!!
39.gif
14.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Friday. Where have you been all week.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 12:52:05 AM

We''re having a ''guess who?'' thing at work where we bring in our baby pictures and we have to guess who is who. Being one of the FEW darker people around here, I thought I''d be a dead giveaway. Turns out, I might actually be stumping some people. hehehehehe.
9.gif
We did one of those when I taught high school, but with a twist. It was a Guess Who? *and* an Ugly Baby Contest.

I won. 19 out of 21 people voted for me. My boss wrote in ''The fathead baby.'' The only people who didn''t vote for me were 1) Me, and 2) The guy who voted for himself, and was thus disqualified.

THEN, a week after I ''won'' the Ugly Baby Contest* my new grad school prof recognized me. I was in the classroom next door to hers in the 2nd grade. She looked at me and said ''You look exactly the same as you looked 20 years ago!'' Thanks a lot.

The only fun thing about that contest was that everyone guessed that my boss (a male) was one of our female coworkers. Ha!

Oh my, an UGLY baby contest?! Awww. I''m glad we''re not doing one of those.
37.gif

Do you still have that blinking Rudolph nose? hehe.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I read a news story yesterday, where two students were sent to the principal''s office and then sent HOME for not removing shirts bearing the AMERICAN flag on cinco de mayo.....
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I just changed the toner in my printer at work, which I do all of the time with no problem.

Now there are strange black dots printing on the right-hand side of every paper.

I am having the strongest urge to throw my printer, but instead I''m keeping calm by posting on PS.

But, I really need to print stuff
32.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I have anxiety now that I have begun the job search. Resumes, cover letters, interviews!!
32.gif
23.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 11:00:20 AM
I have anxiety now that I have begun the job search. Resumes, cover letters, interviews!!
32.gif
23.gif
Completely unrelated, but what does "unofficial, official" wedding date mean? Just wondering!

Diamond_Newb

Rough_Rock
Just because i need one more post for 50!! Magic number before i can upload to the gallery....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feeling very overwhelmed...

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:21:21 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 5/7/2010 11:00:20 AM
32.gif
23.gif
Completely unrelated, but what does ''unofficial, official'' wedding date mean? Just wondering!
Well, that is the date my fiance and I would like to get married. However, we have yet to pick a venue which will ultimately decide if that is the offical date. I realize I could just put unofficial, but, it''s officially what we''ve selected to be our wedding date.

I will edit it once I know for sure.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love this movie. I didn't love the book, I didn't love the 1995 miniseries, but I am obsessed with this movie.

Also, I'm super excited he's going to be Prior Phillip in The Pillars of the Earth miniseries.

mrdarcyisamazinglygorgeous.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started a new round of peels yesterday. It turns my face yellow, so there was a lot of staring when we had lunch and had to do some quick shopping after!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Anyone heard of this new horror movie the human centipede? I can''t decide whether or not to go being a horror movie fanatic, but on the other side...it looks gross lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I have seriously wonderful coworkers.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank god for PS on nights like this...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I got to see DH''s archnemesis from his old job today. They had a informal gathering of workers since the place is oficially closing in a few weeks, and she was there but he refused to actually introduce me bc he was scared of the terrible things I might say to her. This woman was such a crazy b@%*+! That my normally calm husband who would normally leave it all at the office actually went to HR a number of times and would come home just pissed off and strrssed like I had never seen. His old boss was there tonight and apologized for ever hiring her...apparently they couldn''t get rid of her once she was hired. Even the HR director who was there tonight was swapping stories with DH about her!

Funnyh thing is, she looked nothing like what I imagined. She actually looked normal and nice, but I wanted to rip her head off for all the crap she put DH thru.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 11:16:39 PM
Author: princesss
I have seriously wonderful coworkers.
Yay! See above post.
9.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope needs a "like" feature like facebook so u can just click on a little box instead of always typing a response.

I''m feeling lazy, cantcha tell???

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 9:54:07 PM
I love this movie. I didn''t love the book, I didn''t love the 1995 miniseries, but I am obsessed with this movie.

Also, I''m super excited he''s going to be Prior Phillip in The Pillars of the Earth miniseries.
I JUST watched that last week! I took the DVD out of the library.
DELISH!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 9:56:18 AM
Date: 5/7/2010 12:52:05 AM
9.gif

I won. 19 out of 21 people voted for me. My boss wrote in ''The fathead baby.'' The only people who didn''t vote for me were 1) Me, and 2) The guy who voted for himself, and was thus disqualified.

THEN, a week after I ''won'' the Ugly Baby Contest* my new grad school prof recognized me. I was in the classroom next door to hers in the 2nd grade. She looked at me and said ''You look exactly the same as you looked 20 years ago!'' Thanks a lot.

Oh my, an UGLY baby contest?! Awww. I''m glad we''re not doing one of those.
37.gif

Do you still have that blinking Rudolph nose? hehe.
I don''t, no. I left it in the middle of my desk after I cleaned it out. Something for them to remember me by . . .

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 3:39:34 PM
Date: 5/7/2010 9:54:07 PM

I love this movie. I didn''t love the book, I didn''t love the 1995 miniseries, but I am obsessed with this movie.

Also, I''m super excited he''s going to be Prior Phillip in The Pillars of the Earth miniseries.

I JUST watched that last week! I took the DVD out of the library.

DELISH!

I''ve watched it three times this week. I''m completely obsessed. I think I might watch it again tonight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results