Date: 5/3/2010 2:25:03 PM
Author: MC
Date: 4/27/2010 1:51:30 PM

Author: Haven

Date: 4/27/2010 12:52:33 PM

Date: 4/27/2010 12:20:13 PM

Author: Haven

MC--Audrey Hepburn is my idol! I''ve loved her for as long as I can remember. Breakfast at Tiffany''s and Charade are my favorite movies of hers. Oh, how I love that woman.

Have you seen the Treasures book about her? It''s so cool, they made it look like a scrapbook and it has little pockets filled with reproductions of treasures from her life. (Letters, stubs to shows of hers, etc.) I love it.
The free spirited nature in her Breakfast at Tiffany''s character is so strong and impactful that I find when I watch that movie, that for a few hours after, I can almost feel as free as Holly Golightly is! Just need a cigarette in a holder
1.gif

I haven''t seen the Treasures book. . .Just looked it up on Amazon. Looks cute, but pricey!

Yes! I love Holly Golightly. Have you read the book? It''s great, too.

I JUST donated my Treasures book to the library for a book sale. I wish I would have known, I could have sent it to you!
Haven - the Breakfast At Tiffany''s book arrived and I began reading it yesterday. It sure reads fast. A fun read. Only bummer is that the book was in the ''used'' section of Amazon, but listed as new, so I thought, ''yaaah.'' Lame thing is although the cover and pages are all crisp, it smells like cigarette smoke. I''m totally bummed out as now it feels too icky to put on my book case. Wonder if putting it in the garage will air it out?

MC, try wrapping it in a paper towel and then placing it in a large ziplock bag with some baking soda. Or you could try putting it in a small enclosed space (like a cabinet) with a small dish of white vinegar.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 11:07:58 AM
Author: April20

Date: 5/3/2010 9:17:38 PM
Okay, my news: I''m moving again. Yes, again...

This will be our third move in THREE years. THIRD.

I''ve lost my mind. My MIL has the kids so I can freak out in privacy. Dr. gave me Xanax to take ''as needed,'' but I cannot take it b/c even a small dosage makes me fall asleep. Oh, he also gave me Ritalin a while back and I took 1/4 of one around 3 pm and fell asleep.
14.gif
Maybe I shouldn''t lay down on the couch, but I''m soooooo just not able to handle this anymore and sleeping is easier.
MC, I''m sorry! Moving is so stressful. I''ve moved a ton of times and it never gets easier. I hope it goes smoothly for you. How long until you move? Do you have to move very far?
Moving doesn''t get easier, does it?

The move isn''t that far, but we''re moving to one of the islands here in the NW and so every load of stuff being moved across the ferry will cost at least $14 round trip (if it''s just me - passengers are extra) . For our last moves, they were close and I could toss my plants in the car and drive down the road. Now, I have to pack the car full to make it worth while. Sadly, I''m parting with some of my plants b/c of that. I have 15-20 of them and am only keeping a couple. Also, the fish tanks are going to be a major b*tch (sorry for the swearing) to figure out. I ended up re-homing a few, so now I only have three tanks to contend with.

We''re getting a uhaul and moving the last week of May. I''m doing ALL the packing and with the amount of time I''m here on PS, you can imagine how slowly that''s going. lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 11:15:37 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 5/3/2010 2:25:03 PM
Haven - the Breakfast At Tiffany''s book arrived and I began reading it yesterday. It sure reads fast. A fun read. Only bummer is that the book was in the ''used'' section of Amazon, but listed as new, so I thought, ''yaaah.'' Lame thing is although the cover and pages are all crisp, it smells like cigarette smoke. I''m totally bummed out as now it feels too icky to put on my book case. Wonder if putting it in the garage will air it out?

MC, try wrapping it in a paper towel and then placing it in a large ziplock bag with some baking soda. Or you could try putting it in a small enclosed space (like a cabinet) with a small dish of white vinegar.
Cool - thanks for the suggestions! I''ll try the baking soda trick.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
SF was just here and we''ll be getting a check for hail damage on the roof in a couple weeks! We''re doing it ourselves, so no paying a contractor, it''s all ours.
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
The sun is out! The sun is out!

Just got back in from two hours of laying on the beach. I am so excited!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 2:25:23 PM

Date: 5/4/2010 11:07:58 AM

Date: 5/3/2010 9:17:38 PM
Okay, my news: I''m moving again. Yes, again...

This will be our third move in THREE years. THIRD.

I''ve lost my mind. My MIL has the kids so I can freak out in privacy. Dr. gave me Xanax to take ''as needed,'' but I cannot take it b/c even a small dosage makes me fall asleep. Oh, he also gave me Ritalin a while back and I took 1/4 of one around 3 pm and fell asleep.
14.gif
Maybe I shouldn''t lay down on the couch, but I''m soooooo just not able to handle this anymore and sleeping is easier.
MC, I''m sorry! Moving is so stressful. I''ve moved a ton of times and it never gets easier. I hope it goes smoothly for you. How long until you move? Do you have to move very far?
Moving doesn''t get easier, does it?

The move isn''t that far, but we''re moving to one of the islands here in the NW and so every load of stuff being moved across the ferry will cost at least $14 round trip (if it''s just me - passengers are extra) . For our last moves, they were close and I could toss my plants in the car and drive down the road. Now, I have to pack the car full to make it worth while. Sadly, I''m parting with some of my plants b/c of that. I have 15-20 of them and am only keeping a couple. Also, the fish tanks are going to be a major b*tch (sorry for the swearing) to figure out. I ended up re-homing a few, so now I only have three tanks to contend with.

We''re getting a uhaul and moving the last week of May. I''m doing ALL the packing and with the amount of time I''m here on PS, you can imagine how slowly that''s going. lol
That stinks! No option to drive around? I know it''s way longer if you can drive around, but still.....

I have a couple friends over in Bremerton and some on Bainbridge. They love it over there and the commute into the city isn''t bad. Except that little part of being ruled by the ferry schedule.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:55:01 PM
That stinks! No option to drive around? I know it's way longer if you can drive around, but still.....

I have a couple friends over in Bremerton and some on Bainbridge. They love it over there and the commute into the city isn't bad. Except that little part of being ruled by the ferry schedule.
We could drive around, however, it'd take us about 1.5 hours. We're moving to a house that's only 5-10 minutes from the ferry dock so the ferry makes more sense. Good thing is that unlike everyone who commutes off the island, my husband has been commuting onto it, so we'll no longer have to deal with all that hassle and save hundreds in ferry fare. It's just lame that we can't jump into the car and be at Old Navy in 15 minutes. I'm bummed about that. Also, silly stuff like if I buy a pair of jeans at Nordstrom, I can't run to the mall a week later to pick them up. Either have to pay for shipping or ferry
14.gif
(Yeah, I'm whining. I'm so not an island person. I love city life! I'm thinking about taking my cat and running away.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fiery and MC!

MC -- moving isn''t that fun, and I can totally relate to not dealing well with change (even good changes!). We''re moving next month for the 3rd time since last June, and it most likely will be some place very temporary. There will definitely be another move soon after that as well. Ugh. The great thing about it though is that you can get rid of so much stuff before hand. Anyway, I think it would be fun to live on an island. Sure, it''s different, but if you think of it as an adventure, does that make it easier?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 5:06:56 PM

Date: 5/4/2010 4:55:01 PM
That stinks! No option to drive around? I know it''s way longer if you can drive around, but still.....

I have a couple friends over in Bremerton and some on Bainbridge. They love it over there and the commute into the city isn''t bad. Except that little part of being ruled by the ferry schedule.
We could drive around, however, it''d take us about 1.5 hours. We''re moving to a house that''s only 5-10 minutes from the ferry dock so the ferry makes more sense. Good thing is that unlike everyone who commutes off the island, my husband has been commuting onto it, so we''ll no longer have to deal with all that hassle and save hundreds in ferry fare. It''s just lame that we can''t jump into the car and be at Old Navy in 15 minutes. I''m bummed about that. Also, silly stuff like if I buy a pair of jeans at Nordstrom, I can''t run to the mall a week later to pick them up. Either have to pay for shipping or ferry
14.gif
(Yeah, I''m whining. I''m so not an island person. I love city life! I''m thinking about taking my cat and running away.)
Grab a glass, a bottle of wine (or a beer) and get a baby sitter. Ride over to the mainland and get your shopping done. Spend all day at Nordy''s. They have a cafe for a reason. :)

Tomorrow is going to be UPS Xmas for me! 3 different packages!! I''m so excited. (I loveeee mail)

I was supposed to get something today but the ups guy (new one) ran away before I could open the door
20.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m obsessed with knitting.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m sick and it''s poop.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m sick and it''s poop.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to bed last night with an aching tooth and very swollen gum and I woke up the same way. I was hoping it would be one of those things that resolved itself, but it looks a trip to the dentist and probably the oral surgeon for me.
8.gif
14.gif
Crap!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
My team lead, a woman in her 70s or near 70 says things that have a sexual connotation. She repeats them a lot and we''re all just like....
23.gif
40.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I may have accidently almost called my husband my ex's name yesterday. And yes, he heard me.

Thank god I have the most awesome husband in the world, or I'd be a dead woman right now
9.gif

ETA: As in, I said half of the (wrong) name.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 9:42:25 AM
Fun! What are you currently knitting?

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 11:45:52 AM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
My team lead, a woman in her 70s or near 70 says things that have a sexual connotation. She repeats them a lot and we''re all just like....
23.gif
40.gif

That''s fuuuny. I bet that Helen Gurley Brown -- editor of Cosmo -- had a mouth on her up until she retired in her 70s.
2.gif
She probably still does, and she''s what...90? It wouldn''t bother me much if an older woman made sexual comments at work, but it''s a total double standard, because if an older man did it, I''d be completely grossed out. It''s probably better if all bosses keep it clean.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I''m covering for someone who''s primary responsibility is to see patients at the hospital affiliated with my alma mater. Because my degree is in health sciences, all my classes were next to the hospital, so I''m eating lunch right next to the building where all my major classes were. I see people walking past, obviously going to class...oh how I don''t miss that!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a bad day.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 3:32:07 PM
Author: Lilac
I''m having a bad day.
I''m sorry.

Who needs to be b*tch slapped?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 3:38:41 PM
Author: lilyfoot

I''m having a bad day.

I''m sorry.

Hahaha. Well my mother is one of the sources of my stress at the moment. I would never do that to her though
3.gif
But your comment definitely gave me a good laugh.

DH''s grandfather and my MIL are also causing problems. Can''t deal with the meddling and them feeling like the world revolves around them and everyone should change their plans all the time to accommodate them and their time schedule........

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 4:14:51 PM

I''m having a bad day.

I''m sorry.

Hahaha. Well my mother is one of the sources of my stress at the moment. I would never do that to her though
3.gif

DH''s grandfather and my MIL are also causing problems. Can''t deal with the meddling and them feeling like the world revolves around them and everyone should change their plans all the time to accommodate them and their time schedule........
I''m sorry hun! Family is always difficult to deal with
38.gif

But, it is Cinco de Mayo .. you should go grab yourself a margarita (or five)
9.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 4:39:23 PM
Date: 5/5/2010 4:14:51 PM

I''m having a bad day.

I''m sorry.

3.gif

I''m sorry hun! Family is always difficult to deal with
38.gif

But, it is Cinco de Mayo .. you should go grab yourself a margarita (or five)
9.gif

Great suggestion! I''m not much of a drinker, but maybe DH and I will crack open a bottle of wine tonight with dinner. He promised we could go get some ice cream and de-stress when he gets home from work, so I''m really looking forward to that.
9.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:02:50 PM
Author: lightningbug

Date: 5/5/2010 11:45:52 AM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
23.gif
40.gif

That''s fuuuny. I bet that Helen Gurley Brown -- editor of Cosmo -- had a mouth on her up until she retired in her 70s.
2.gif
She probably still does, and she''s what...90? It wouldn''t bother me much if an older woman made sexual comments at work, but it''s a total double standard, because if an older man did it, I''d be completely grossed out. It''s probably better if all bosses keep it clean.
LOL!! It is quite amusing, especially since I doubt she knows the reference. Although, one of the reasons she doesn''t like discussing problems over IM with the other team members who are in other parts of the world is because she doesn''t like to feel "bang ganged!" I changed the letters on there just in case I''m not actually allowed to say the actual thing. If she doesn''t know what that means...
20.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:02:17 PM

Dishcloths. I put a couple pics in the knitting thread yesterday. I make five or six every few years and use them until they die. I really like 100% cotton knit or crocheted dishcloths best.

After I finish up the ones I''m working on, I''ve got my eye on patterns for an airy scarf and a hat that has a button tab along the brim.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m all out of earl grey
7.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2010 3:15:52 PM
Author: dragonfly411
sometimes I just don''t like people. Not any particular person but the entire cumulative PEOPLE. Sometimes I want to retire to a secluded cottage... with a pasture for my horses... and fill the house with books... and read and nap on my horses all day and never deal with people again.
14.gif
That is how I know it is time to plan (and go on) a camping trip. Just me and FI way away from EVERYONE. Even just a 3 day weekend helps.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 5:14:17 PM

Date: 5/5/2010 1:02:17 PM

Dishcloths. I put a couple pics in the knitting thread yesterday. I make five or six every few years and use them until they die. I really like 100% cotton knit or crocheted dishcloths best.

After I finish up the ones I''m working on, I''ve got my eye on patterns for an airy scarf and a hat that has a button tab along the brim.
Those are cute, especially the basket weave mauvy shaded one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results