shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. . .okay, I had reduced my diet down to almost ALL whole foods and my only bad thing has been diet coke - lots of it.

Soooo, what did I just do? Ordered Chinese food delivery to my house and there is a huge heaped up plate in front of me (pot stickers, deep fried butterflied prawns, fried rice, bbq pork, etc.). lol What is so bad is that my husband and kids aren''t home. It''s just the cat and me and when I tried to feed him some fried rice, he pawed at it and then ran off!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to have to give my MIL the what for next time she calls.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 8:38:25 PM
Author: packrat
Uh oh.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:10:44 PM
Author: MC
Ugh. . .okay, I had reduced my diet down to almost ALL whole foods and my only bad thing has been diet coke - lots of it.

Soooo, what did I just do? Ordered Chinese food delivery to my house and there is a huge heaped up plate in front of me (pot stickers, deep fried butterflied prawns, fried rice, bbq pork, etc.). lol What is so bad is that my husband and kids aren''t home. It''s just the cat and me and when I tried to feed him some fried rice, he pawed at it and then ran off!
Just make sure there are leftovers. It reduces the guilt.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 5:01:22 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
Date: 5/5/2010 1:02:50 PM

Author: lightningbug

Date: 5/5/2010 11:45:52 AM

Author: Bleed Burnt Orange

My team lead, a woman in her 70s or near 70 says things that have a sexual connotation. She repeats them a lot and we''re all just like....
23.gif
40.gif

That''s fuuuny. I bet that Helen Gurley Brown -- editor of Cosmo -- had a mouth on her up until she retired in her 70s.
2.gif
She probably still does, and she''s what...90? It wouldn''t bother me much if an older woman made sexual comments at work, but it''s a total double standard, because if an older man did it, I''d be completely grossed out. It''s probably better if all bosses keep it clean.
LOL!! It is quite amusing, especially since I doubt she knows the reference. Although, one of the reasons she doesn''t like discussing problems over IM with the other team members who are in other parts of the world is because she doesn''t like to feel ''bang ganged!'' I changed the letters on there just in case I''m not actually allowed to say the actual thing. If she doesn''t know what that means...
20.gif

6.gif
Oh no! I thought she was a feisty old gal, not a confused one. Reminds me of my old advisor who was always asking us who his students were "hooking up with." I THINK he meant dating, but we were all like, "Errmmm...we don''t really...know."
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 9:01:57 PM
Author: April20

Date: 5/5/2010 8:10:44 PM

Just make sure there are leftovers. It reduces the guilt.
There''s enough left over to last four days! hahaha Putting things up on Craigs List all day has been *a lot* of work, so a good meal is in order
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:53:46 PM
Author: yssie
Date: 5/5/2010 8:38:25 PM

Author: packrat

Uh oh.

I know it. I feel bad but enough is enough. She''s stressing my husband out so bad I can''t take it anymore. He was so angry Monday he couldn''t speak-I''ve never seen him so mad before and I just think I''m done standing by and trying to be nice. She''s in a nursing home and she doesn''t want to be there-but she refused to take care of herself, so guess what, that''s where you''re going to be. She called the other day to gripe at me that she had to go get her *own* glass of water b/c it takes too long waiting for the nurses to do it for her. It''s not Club Med and the nurses aren''t servants. She usually gets mad at me and hangs up when I don''t react. I guess she''ll get a big ole reaction out of me next time.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandmother died a year ago tomorrow.

We are going to have lunch at McDonald''s in her memory. She weighed 86 lbs soaking wet, yet in her later years she only ever consumed:
Lean Cuisine meals (half at a time)
A McDonald''s hamburger, small fries, and a coffee
Andes Mints
and Gallo extra dry vermouth.

The McDonald''s seems to be the best option.

I miss her very much.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven -- I''m sorry to hear about that. I know how much your grandmother meant to you. She seemed like such a special person, from what you''ve written about her here.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, thinking of you! It is a unique way to remember her, though! I am sure that would please her.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Swedish Bean, love your new avatar! Is it a cake topper? If not who/what???
9.gif

LOL no it''s from the oldnavy.com site where you can create yourself as a "modelquin" .. totally funny. At the end it saves a face shot like the one in my avy, or a full body one. It''s really funny.

If anyone wants to try it, go to the old navy site, then to the "supermodelquin super search" button (blue towards the top).

After that opens click on "Get Made Over Like A Supermodelquin- MOLD ME" and it''ll take you from there.

:D

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:51:16 AM
Author: swedish bean
Haven- I''m thinking about you.
I know this was meant in a very sweet way, but this statement + your creepy-ish avatar combined really cracked me up!
9.gif

Haven, I think that''s a great way to remember and pay honor to your grandma, and I would agree that McDonald''s is the best option from that list!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I''m sorry about your grandmother, but how wonderful you have a fun way to honor her memory.

Date: 5/6/2010 9:02:36 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Date: 5/6/2010 8:51:16 AM

Author: swedish bean

Haven- I''m thinking about you.

I know this was meant in a very sweet way, but this statement + your creepy-ish avatar combined really cracked me up!
9.gif

Haven, I think that''s a great way to remember and pay honor to your grandma, and I would agree that McDonald''s is the best option from that list!

4.gif
Don''t worry, the avatar will be short lived... I also find it creepy/funny
21.gif

I''m not very good with condolences but I really wanted to say something.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks ladies. You're all so sweet.

(And Swedish Bean--Haha! That's so funny lilyfoot, and you're right--it would seem creepy if SB just posted that randomly. If you're ever looking to entertain yourself SB, you could sign up for some other forum with that avatar and just pop into random threads, pick a poster, and write "Poster--I'm thinking about you." Hee hee. It would be like taking prank jokes to the Internet.)

I'm doing okay, and is it bad to admit that I'm actually looking forward to eating the McDonald's? AND, that I'm looking forward to it after having watched Supersize Me, Food, Inc., and read Fast Food Nation? Were I a normal person, I wouldn't be able to stomach it. But I just love those fries. I LOVE them. I can't help it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven --

Enjoy your hamburger at McDonald''s and remembering all of the good times with her. Grandmas are very special people.

The end of this month will be 6 years since I lost my grandma. I can''t say the pain goes away or you ever quit missing her, but (over time) living gets a little easier. (The first year was the hardest for me. I spent the second year trying to find balance between starting new stuff and hanging on to how things had been.)

Big hugs to you and your family.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Haven - thinking of you! Enjoy that hamburger!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thursday! Woot Woot! Bingo night. LOL, yeah, 27 and I am geeked about Bingo. I am not a huge Houston fan, but this defintely gives H-Town a +1.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven - I'm sorry for your loss
7.gif

Enjoy your burger in memory of her, you both sound like wonderful people and you honour her by remembering her
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for your support, all.

We just got back from lunch and I feel ILL! But it did taste good while we were eating, though.
It''s a good reminder of why we usually eat so well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 3:09:46 PM
Author: Haven
Thanks again for your support, all.

We just got back from lunch and I feel ILL! But it did taste good while we were eating, though.
It''s a good reminder of why we usually eat so well.
I think that was a wonderful way to remember your grandmother, even if it did involve a bit of a sacrifice!

(I like MD''s fries too -- and even their hash browns! I could easily be a junk food junkie!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cherries just might be the perfect fruit! Beautiful to behold, bite-sized, and packed with sweet, intense flavor -- plus you get a seed to spit if you feel so inclined!

I love this time of year!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
We''re having a "guess who?" thing at work where we bring in our baby pictures and we have to guess who is who. Being one of the FEW darker people around here, I thought I''d be a dead giveaway. Turns out, I might actually be stumping some people. hehehehehe.
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always sneeze when I'm tweezing my eyebrows. Always. What's with that??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 6:13:36 PM
I always sneeze when I''m tweezing my eyebrows. Always. What''s with that??
Same here. The best time to tweeze is right after taking a shower as your pores (or whatever) are open.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 6:29:20 PM

Same here. The best time to tweeze is right after taking a shower as your pores (or whatever) are open.
Huh..didn''t know that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 6:39:32 PM

Huh..didn''t know that.
Yeah it helps the hairs come out more easily, but you''ll still sneeze. lol Seems like only some parts of my eyebrows make me sneeze and/or my skin is becoming more use to it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 6:39:32 PM

Huh..didn''t know that.
Oh wow, thanks for the tip! I''ve started to tweeze my own eyebrows after years of waxing and am hating it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results