carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 7:14:23 PM
Author: April20
Tomorrow is my last day of work before a week of vacation! I am soooo excited. We leave Saturday for a week on the beach in Florida. I need a break. I am looking forward to sun and reading with a few cocktails mixed in.

I am on my 54th Delta flight of the year as we speak. No AC360 this time either. Or anyone else interesting for that matter. Boo hiss boo.
WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red velvet ice cream and a beige carpet don''t mix.
7.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We bought a new laptop last night and it has a number pad on the side. I love this feature but it throws off where the other keys are located. It''s taking so long to type anything because I''ve made so many typos. Sometimes it''s the little things that annoy me.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very down about the ecological disaster unfolding in the gulf, and equally grim about our (America''s) future.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 12:12:53 AM
Author: charbie

Tomorrow is my last day of work before a week of vacation! I am soooo excited. We leave Saturday for a week on the beach in Florida. I need a break. I am looking forward to sun and reading with a few cocktails mixed in.

I am on my 54th Delta flight of the year as we speak. No AC360 this time either. Or anyone else interesting for that matter. Boo hiss boo.
I manage renovation construction projects soup to nuts.... design thru construction. I have projects dotted all over the eastern half of the country.

I flew 109 times on Delta last year and maybe 10 times on other airlines. I'm on track to fly 150 this year, which is frightening.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
time for a 3 hr nap.
24.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Went to a midnight movie last night. 5 hours of sleep isn''t what it used to be!
7.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 6:56:18 AM
Author: ksinger
Very down about the ecological disaster unfolding in the gulf, and equally grim about our (America''s) future.

ditto.

Tomorrow is our farmer''s market day and I''m trying to decide what I am getting.
I wish we had someone that sold free range eggs there, I''d jump on it. But I am for sure getting lots of fruits and veggies.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 7:50:37 AM

I manage renovation construction projects soup to nuts.... design thru construction. I have projects dotted all over the eastern half of the country.

I flew 109 times on Delta last year and maybe 10 times on other airlines. I''m on track to fly 150 this year, which is frightening.

April do you really? So does my husband (and based on the EC as well). That explains your insane traveling!! Do you mind me asking what firm do you work for? DH used to work for Shawmut Design and Construction and is now with another firm called Menemsha Construction Solutions.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful outside and all I want to do is play in the sun.

Also, I desperately want to build furniture. I want to make a console table and a picnic table and an apothecary cabinet and a desk and a bed and nightstands and bookcases...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 9:52:49 AM
Author: fiery
I''m going clothes shopping this weekend and I''ve made one rule: I cannot purchase anything white, black, or gray. You have NO idea how much of a challenge this will be. But it''s spring, summer is approaching, and life is beautiful. I need to stop looking like I''m in mourning.
I''m going thrifting all afternoon (YAY!!!!) and I am definitely going to try to follow your rule, too. I wear way too much black and gray. You can never have too much white IMO, though.
3.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 11:49:07 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 4/30/2010 7:50:37 AM

I flew 109 times on Delta last year and maybe 10 times on other airlines. I''m on track to fly 150 this year, which is frightening.

April do you really? So does my husband (and based on the EC as well). That explains your insane traveling!! Do you mind me asking what firm do you work for? DH used to work for Shawmut Design and Construction and is now with another firm called Menemsha Construction Solutions.
I actually work on the "owner" side. Sort of. We do healthcare foodservice, so all my projects are in hospitals, but we''re the contract provider for food service. I''m part of a project managment team hired to manage the investments we make in facilities, so I hire architects, general contractors, etc and work with the hospital to get it done. I have a love-hate relationship with the job!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh cool, that''s the same thing he does but he''s in retail/restaurant construction.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I'm sooooo excited because the documentary Babies is finally coming out on May 7!! I just need to find where to see it! I've been waiting for this for almost 2 years!

And thanks for the color recommendations!

I was standing next to a woman in the elevator yesterday. I had on a gray shirt with black bants and she had on a bright orange and white shirt with khaki pants, orange sandals, and white jewelry. I have no idea how she made it work but she totally rocked it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 1:22:41 PM
Author: Steal
I love this story and hope it is true:

People Mag: Sandra Bullock''s adopted son.
Oh, I hope the adoption goes through!

I heard yesterday that she was in the process of adopting a little boy and it was part of why she was so private during the fiasco that has been her personal life lately - on top of being a generally private person, she has a child to protect.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 12:43:36 PM
Oh cool, that''s the same thing he does but he''s in retail/restaurant construction.
Cool. I basically do restaurants too... they''re just in hospitals.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:22:11 PM
Author: princesss

I heard yesterday that she was in the process of adopting a little boy and it was part of why she was so private during the fiasco that has been her personal life lately - on top of being a generally private person, she has a child to protect.

I believe she already has the child living with her. She also filed for divorce from JJ.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 3:09:00 PM

Date: 4/30/2010 2:22:11 PM
Author: princesss

I believe she already has the child living with her. She also filed for divorce from JJ.
Yeah, but I think with some adoptions if it isn''t finalized (which the article said it wasn''t) and your marital status changes, they can still decide not to let you adopt. Hopefully that won''t happen in this case - that would be just too much heartbreak.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 3:08:33 PM
Author: laine
Date: 4/29/2010 3:01:49 PM

Author: packrat

We''re putting up a bat house in our backyard..does that mean you guys won''t come over and play???
8.gif

I really want to put up a bat house! I was actually planning to ask for one for Christmas. Think I can add it to my wedding registry?

Rest assured if I ever saw a registry w/that on it, I would SO get it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our pool opens tomorrow! Just in time; it''s going to be hot this weekend.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
So excited, taking the boat out for the first trip of the summer tomorrow!
36.gif
I need to find my darn sunscreen!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went up to the snow today -- "hiked" some, snowshoed some -- it was sunny and warm, but we were at the summit near Lake Tahoe and there was plenty of snow to be had. We were first out on the trail this morning so we didn't see another soul until we were ready to head back out.
9.gif
A great way to spend a hooky day!

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are leaving for Florida this morning. I am really excited for a week at the beach!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 3:49:34 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Bat removal today. Hooray. They were living in my fireplace and I was made aware today. Needless to say, my neighbors probably thought I was being murdered from the screams that were coming from my house.

My parents have a bat problem in their house. My sister once woke up because a bat landed on her face
23.gif
.. There have been many fun bat-fleeing days in that house in recent years - I was lucky to be involved in a few
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s morel mushroom season. I know people rave about them and my husband and some of our friends foam at the mouth to find them and eat them but they seriously make me want to vomit if I look at them. They give me the heebie jeebies and look like a disease.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
I love the facial tissues from Trader Joe''s.

Ok, not so much the tissues, themselves, but the sayings on the box:

Side 1: "I''m there when you''re sad. Love, tissue."
Side 2: "I''m there when you need to pick up icky things. Love, tissue."
Side 3: "I''m there when you''re sick. Love, tissue."
Side 4: "I''m there when you run out of toilet paper. Love, tissue."

9.gif

The tissues aren''t great, but the box makes me smile.

April20

Ideal_Rock
So the weather isn''t great in FL. It''s really windy.

BUT

It''s the end of the Thunder Beach Bike Week and the people watching is off the chain!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 12:34:43 AM
Author: lightningbug
I love the facial tissues from Trader Joe''s.

Ok, not so much the tissues, themselves, but the sayings on the box:

Side 1: ''I''m there when you''re sad. Love, tissue.''
Side 2: ''I''m there when you need to pick up icky things. Love, tissue.''
Side 3: ''I''m there when you''re sick. Love, tissue.''
Side 4: ''I''m there when you run out of toilet paper. Love, tissue.''

9.gif

The tissues aren''t great, but the box makes me smile.
That''s great! I haven''t seen those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results