shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have finally found this ad after loving it since my childhood - anyone else remember it? Although it might have only been shown in the UK.

Chanel No 5 1970.

I wish it still only cost three pounds 19 - LOL!

Hey DF - thanks for the recs on the Daisy ( another one to try...
31.gif
)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, Daisy is what he thinks a daisy should smell like, which I think is very funny!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 12:19:35 AM
Author: Cinderella
Omnia Crystalline by Bvlgari. Light floral scent. I wear it year round, as 2-3 spritzes make it light enough to wear during hot weather, and several more will make it more intense, but not overwhelming. Only scent I wear, and I''ve gotten countless compliments on it. Been stopped on the street several times asking what perfume I was using. Unfortunately, the scent only comes in EDT and not EDP, which makes it not last as long as I would like it to sometimes...other than that, love the scent.
This is what I wear. But I just bought some Abercrombie ''Classic'' yesterday and I am loving the light scent of that too!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Just noticed this thread!

I was at Nordstrom about a month ago and noticed the new Dolce and Gabbana perfume spread. I tried on "The One" and I love it!!!

They also have these little purse sprayers that are lipstick sized. They are the best thing invented!!

I will have to put some of these other recommendations on the list next time I am at the perfume counter, I like to change it up!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yes it''s most definitely a keeper!!! BF loves it too... reminds him of Mass as well, ha ha!!!

Hhmmmm how to explain the smell of Mass?!? Think heavy clouds of incense accompanied by singing in Latin and the gentle clink and drop of the censer... three clinks and then a drop... and a cloud of incense wafting out with each clink...
16.gif
OK I''ve gotta stop now or I''ll get a reputation for being weird!!!

I also have Clinique Happy, wore it for years. I kind of feel like it''s a bit young for me now though? Don''t know, maybe cos I wore it so much all through college. I LOVE D&G Light Blue in the Summer...
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2007 10:58:01 AM
Author: Delster
Yes it''s most definitely a keeper!!! BF loves it too... reminds him of Mass as well, ha ha!!!

Hhmmmm how to explain the smell of Mass?!? Think heavy clouds of incense accompanied by singing in Latin and the gentle clink and drop of the censer... three clinks and then a drop... and a cloud of incense wafting out with each clink...
16.gif

I also have Clinique Happy, wore it for years. I kind of feel like it''s a bit young for me now though? Don''t know, maybe cos I wore it so much all through college. I LOVE D&G Light Blue in the Summer...
30.gif
Del - I so appreciate your descriptive posts of toothums and perfumey mass etc, so please don''t stop with your most enjoyable musings!

I can see the mass thing with TB, perhaps through its top and middle notes....the drydown turns into a sweet leathery vanilla on me at the moment, slightly smoky....yum....
30.gif

Glad the Tabac is a keeper for you too! In case you didn''t know, this perfume was created in 1919 by Ernest Beaux who used to run the house of Caron with his lady, Felicitie Wanpouille. It was created for the new emancipated type woman who had begun to defy convention and smoke in public, and the inspiration for the fragrance was the opium laced cigarettes that soldiers were bringing back from France. It sounds a very weird idea for a perfume, but in my opinion and that of many others - Ernest Beaux was a genius.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just remembered that it was actually Ernest Daltroff who created Tabac Blond, Ernest Beaux was the one who made Chanel No.5 for Coco Chanel.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

16.gif

30.gif
No worries, Lorelei''s weird like that too.
9.gif
2.gif

Muse away you two.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2007 12:01:35 PM
Author: Ellen

16.gif

30.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Muse away you two.
5.gif

lash.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 12:05:35 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/10/2007 12:01:35 PM

9.gif
2.gif

Muse away you two.
5.gif
lol.gif

Thanks, I needed that laugh.
2.gif

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Tea for Two by L''Artisan is one of my favorite fall scents. It is smoky and a bit spicy.... like chai tea. Fantastic.

Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier is nice. Like Tabac Blonde, it needs to be used discreetly, IMO.

The notes for Le Baiser are:

Top Notes
Amaretto, Gardenia, Neroli

Middle Notes
Iris, Musk, Cedar, Bulgarian Rose

Base Notes
Vetiver, Patchouli, Benzoin, Amber

Notes of Tabac Blonde are:

Top: Leather, Linden, Carnation

Heart: Iris, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang

Base: Cedar, Patchouli, Vanilla, Amber, Musk

Someone also said that they were looking for a tuberose scent... sorry, but I couldn''t find who it was... anyhoo, you should try Fracas by Robert Piguet. I adore that stuff. Henri Bendel makes a tuberose candle that is awesome if you don''t want to plonk down the money for Fracas. Of course you can''t carry the candle around in your bra all day.
25.gif

Lady Bijoux, I also have a little bit of L''Heure Bleue on my dresser... did you get a bit of play-doh smell? I''m not getting this fragrance. I wish I could... maybe I''ll try it again tomorrow. What perfumes I like or dislike seem to change daily. I could keep going on about perfumes, but I have to check to see if there are any more diamonds to ogle.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...Ellen!
face20.gif

CH- great descriptions of those lovely 'fumes you mentioned!

I tend to save my Tabac Blond for weekends and going out, so daily I normally rummage through my collection to see what I am in the mood for ( this can take some time!)

Today it is Chanel Allure EDT which I prefer to the EDP.

I think the Play Doh note is noticed by a few people in L'Heure Bleu - some describe it as a band aid note! I haven't tried this one yet, but it is also on my hitlist of old Guerlains!
emangel.gif

Hey CH - have you tried Habanita?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha you guys crack me up!!! It''s nice to have my weirdities appreciated!
2.gif

Lorelei I love the description you gave of how Tabac Blond came to be. It really makes me smile to think I''m wearing a perfume designed for an emancipated lady who likes to defy convention!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2007 11:23:02 AM
Ha ha you guys crack me up!!! It's nice to have my weirdities appreciated!
2.gif

Lorelei I love the description you gave of how Tabac Blond came to be. It really makes me smile to think I'm wearing a perfume designed for an emancipated lady who likes to defy convention!
9.gif
Heehee Del!! That is a big part of the appeal to me too, I can imagine myself reclining on a chaise longe in my boudoir, elegantly clad in ivory silk lounging pajamas and marabou slippers, with my red lips and marcel wave...I would be smoking a cigarette in a holder and sipping the finest champagne, surrounded by the aroma of Tabac Blond...Hehehe......Hahaha!!!

Or I could be a twenties heroine driving a racing car with a stick shift rather fast....
emangel.gif

Ellen is going to howl when she reads that description!
41.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - "stick shift"? And here I was thinking you were a Brit!
2.gif

Now a very important question - when you''re driving along rather fast in your racing car would you have Dastardly and Muttley in tow?
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 9:10:33 AM
Lorelei - ''stick shift''? And here I was thinking you were a Brit!
2.gif

Now a very important question - when you''re driving along rather fast in your racing car would you have Dastardly and Muttley in tow?
9.gif
I AM a Brit!
16.gif
Hubby is from the US of A so that is how I can cross reference terms easily and I thought stick shift sounded better in my musings!! Hehehe
9.gif

I LOVE Dastardly and Muttley, in fact I was a huge fan when I was a child, so yes, they can travel with me any time, as could Peter Perfect!
emangel.gif
I have a silk scarf with a wire inside it to complete the look!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Couldn''t resist...
2.gif

penelopepitstop_tabacblond.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG- that is too funny and she is even holding a bottle of what looks like Caron perfume!!

2hee.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yes she is - I photoshopped it in just for you!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 10:18:56 AM
Yes she is - I photoshopped it in just for you!
9.gif
You are so clever- thanks Del!! I am going to save that pic - it would make a great avatar wouldn''t it....
41.gif

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
L- I''v never even heard of Habanita. Please, do tell.

Del- Awesome photoshop!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 11:27:57 AM
Author: chicagohills
L- I''v never even heard of Habanita. Please, do tell.

Del- Awesome photoshop!
36.gif
Ok!
9.gif
Habanita is made by Molinard and was first created in 1924. I have the edt in Habanita. The fragrance begins with a burst of smoke and sharp flowers, then it dries down to a very powdery base, like baby powder on steroids with a tobacco note lurking in the background. It isn''t the golden sweet tobacco you get with Tabac Blond, more of a raw and bitter tobacco like the smell of burning cigars. There is supposed to be leather in this fragrance, but I can''t detect it. I always get compliments on this when I wear it, it sounds weird, but it works! Hubby loves it too, not as much as Tabac Blond, but Habanita is one of his favourites nevertheless. The staying power is excellent and I can spray in the morning and still smell it in the afternoon, even in the EDT.

Habanita is a tricky one I think, it is a love or hate type fragrance, not traditionally perfumey but unique like Tabac Blond.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 11:45:25 AM

Heehee Del!! That is a big part of the appeal to me too, I can imagine myself reclining on a chaise longe in my boudoir, elegantly clad in ivory silk lounging pajamas and marabou slippers, with my red lips and marcel wave...I would be smoking a cigarette in a holder and sipping the finest champagne, surrounded by the aroma of Tabac Blond...Hehehe......Hahaha!!!

Or I could be a twenties heroine driving a racing car with a stick shift rather fast....
emangel.gif

41.gif
Ivory?
lol.gif

You goof, good one.
9.gif

Delster, great chop!!! lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 12:03:22 PM

Date: 10/11/2007 11:45:25 AM

emangel.gif

41.gif
Ivory?
lol.gif

You goof, good one.
9.gif

Delster, great chop!!! lol

win2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heehee Ellen!!

Fellow Fragrance Fans please convene!

I am awaiting a sample of Malle''s Lipstick Rose! Ha! I am very much looking forward to this one, reading the reviews, it says it smells like old fashioned lipstick and face powder, with a violety note. DF are you there??? Do I remember thinking you have tried this one? If so, I would be most interested in your thoughts...

Happy sniffing one and all
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have not, but it sounds neat. I think smell, above all things, can remind us or take us back to places and times. Some of the Guerlain make up has a violet smell, and it reminds of me of being a kid and eating those violet candies!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 8:02:58 AM
Author: diamondfan
Have not, but it sounds neat. I think smell, above all things, can remind us or take us back to places and times. Some of the Guerlain make up has a violet smell, and it reminds of me of being a kid and eating those violet candies!
Thank you!!!
35.gif
emrose.gif
I will review when it arrives to give you an idea of its personality. I haven't tried Guerlain makeup, but it sounds yummy smelling! I used to love those violet candies too! I also used to wear Devon Violets ' perfume' when I was a child, it used to cost about 15p in a teeny white glass bottle with a sprig of violets painted on the front and a little violet bow! It wasn't too bad, the perfume was bright green in colour and it did smell of very strong violets!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the new Chanel #5 with Ylang Ylang and it dried down so nicely on me, I really do like it a lot.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 6:19:59 PM
Author: jcrow
any recommendations for men''s scents? i''d love to order some samples for hubby to try.
JCROW - my favorite scent on FI is Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results