shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 10:39:48 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Back on the search for the ultimate fragrance LOL! Have been ''smelling'' my mags lately and got a whiff of the new Hermes (Kelly) and Marc Jacobs (Daisy). I''ll have to try them for ''real'' when I am out and about this weekend. Thing is, I had a sample of TF Black Orchid in my purse, and fell in love with it all over again. Since my BD is coming up end of the month, maybe, this year, there will be a gift pack with some body product bundled with it, and my DH can pick it up while DT.

Speaking of DH, I am in the market for a new fragrance for him. Tried the Lancome Hypnoise for men and liked it, principally b/c it reminded me of Vera Wang for men. So that will be a challenge to find something unique and new for him for Christmas.

OH did I just say Christmas???????????????????
6.gif

cheers--Sharon
canuk-gal: did you ever try the Hermes Caleche Kelly? I read an article about it this morning and was very intrigued! If you''ve tried it, let me know what you think!

Right now I am awaiting a sample of L''Eau D''Hiver from Frederic Malle. I heard this was a nice winter fragrance and the notes seem to be in line with my tastes. I am really hoping I like this one so I can stop perfume shopping for the year!!
6.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2007 3:32:06 PM
Author: onedrop

HI:OH did I just say Christmas???????????????????
6.gif

cheers--Sharon
canuk-gal: did you ever try the Hermes Caleche Kelly? I read an article about it this morning and was very intrigued! If you''ve tried it, let me know what you think!

Right now I am awaiting a sample of L''Eau D''Hiver from Frederic Malle. I heard this was a nice winter fragrance and the notes seem to be in line with my tastes. I am really hoping I like this one so I can stop perfume shopping for the year!!
6.gif
HI:

Not yet. I am planning to go downtown this weekend--since my DH gave me a hint that he liked the Tom Ford for men (Black Orchid??). There are two shops I hit just for fragrances, and plan on them both! Good luck with your new sample....

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2007 6:06:12 PM
Author: Ellen
I am utterly amazed at all you guys that can like/love SOOOOO many different scents. I''m feeling lucky to have two at the moment.

Picky much?
20.gif
I will try and list all mine if you would like me to!!
9.gif

Here we go.....

Tabac Blond extrait
Chanel #5 EDT EDP and parfum
Chanel Cristalle
Chanel 19
Chanel Allure
Chanel Coco
Habanita by Molinard
Nuit de Noel by Caron EDT and parfum
Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
Hermes 24 Faubourg EDP
Hermes Caleche EDT
YSL Rive Gauche
YSL Opium
Estee Lauder Cinnabar
Joy by Jean Patou
EnJoy by Jean Patou
Shalimar parfum by Guerlain
Diorissimo by Christian Dior

Fink thats all....
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord woman, you have one for every day of the week, and every mood swing.
9.gif

*fanning the air*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2007 8:24:12 AM
9.gif

*fanning the air*
HI:

Isn''t that the very idea?
3.gif
(off to spray myself with "day 6")

BTW: Beau13: I spotted HOT by Ralph Lauren on the shelf at Costco last night.......

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 11:02:36 AM
HI:

Hasd anyone seen/tried the new Private Collection by Arin Lauder: tuberose and gardenia? Saw an ad in the mag for it.... I am VERY interested in that one.......

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I tried it at Saks and it made me ill. I love floral etc, but this was awful in my opinion. Really heavy and cloying and I wanted to wash it off. I might have sprayed a bit too much on, but still, it was truly nasty to me. And I really wanted to love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2007 10:06:44 AM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 11/9/2007 11:02:36 AM
HI:

Hasd anyone seen/tried the new Private Collection by Arin Lauder: tuberose and gardenia? Saw an ad in the mag for it.... I am VERY interested in that one.......

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I tried it at Saks and it made me ill. I love floral etc, but this was awful in my opinion. Really heavy and cloying and I wanted to wash it off. I might have sprayed a bit too much on, but still, it was truly nasty to me. And I really wanted to love it.
HI:

Caroline, funny how we are about perfumes--wanting to love them; I felt the same way about Prada yet it nauseated me.....

My DH gave me this new sample of AL Tuberose/Gardenia around suppert time and I was very hungry, so when I sprayed it on I found it gave me a headache...but it dried down quickly on me. I mentioned to my hubby the reaction I had, and that he should not run out and get me a bottle until I had the chance to wear it again. I retried it yesterday and did not have the headache, yet I agree it is gangbusters upon first blush and rather overwhelming. But it seems to dry down on me quickly, and therefore I was able to enjoy the tuberose much better.

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 9:26:56 AM

9.gif

*fanning the air*
HI:

3.gif
(off to spray myself with ''day 6'')

BTW: Beau13: I spotted HOT by Ralph Lauren on the shelf at Costco last night.......

cheers--Sharon
I dunno, is it? lol I''m asking sincerely. I''ve never had more than two at a time, and usually just one, for years.

I kinda like having a "signature" scent. One that says "me".
5.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 12:00:59 PM

9.gif

*fanning the air*
HI:

3.gif

cheers--Sharon
I dunno, is it? lol I''m asking sincerely. I''ve never had more than two at a time, and usually just one, for years.

I kinda like having a ''signature'' scent. One that says ''me''.
5.gif

I like that idea too - but in reality I find I''m fickle with my perfume too. I change them with my moods.
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 12:43:46 PM
Author: mela lu

5.gif

I like that idea too - but in reality I find I''m fickle with my perfume too. I change them with my moods.
17.gif
Well, who knows? Maybe if "Miss pickykins" could find several she liked, she''d do that too.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif

*fanning the air*
HI:

3.gif

cheers--Sharon

5.gif
HI:

Ellen, I really like variety. Honestly, it is that simple!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could have a siggy scent and actually I keep trying
9.gif
, but I am also fickle it seems and I need a large stable of different ones! However TB is my '' best'' perfume and I am still loving the Lipstick Rose, the others do tend to sit there, sad and neglected at the moment!
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I think the Prada might have patchouli in it. I despise plain patchouli essence, it seriously makes me sick. However, I know it is in a lot of the perfumes I wear, but it is blended well and not a strong note on its own. It just smells very dirty and strong to me. I know people who wear plain patchouli and either they wear too much or their chemisty is tough, but it really smells just horrid to me, gamey and heavy.

Many perfumes dry down really nicely on me, but I also cannot wear things that I used to wear before I had kids. My chemisty seems to have changed.

Lorelei, I just ordered lipstick rose! I am really excited to try it. I will update you as soon as I get it!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 3:32:06 PM
Author: onedrop

HI:

Back on the search for the ultimate fragrance LOL! Have been 'smelling' my mags lately and got a whiff of the new Hermes (Kelly) and Marc Jacobs (Daisy). I'll have to try them for 'real' when I am out and about this weekend. Thing is, I had a sample of TF Black Orchid in my purse, and fell in love with it all over again. Since my BD is coming up end of the month, maybe, this year, there will be a gift pack with some body product bundled with it, and my DH can pick it up while DT.

Speaking of DH, I am in the market for a new fragrance for him. Tried the Lancome Hypnoise for men and liked it, principally b/c it reminded me of Vera Wang for men. So that will be a challenge to find something unique and new for him for Christmas.

OH did I just say Christmas???????????????????
6.gif

cheers--Sharon
canuk-gal: did you ever try the Hermes Caleche Kelly? I read an article about it this morning and was very intrigued! If you've tried it, let me know what you think!

Right now I am awaiting a sample of L'Eau D'Hiver from Frederic Malle. I heard this was a nice winter fragrance and the notes seem to be in line with my tastes. I am really hoping I like this one so I can stop perfume shopping for the year!!
6.gif
Hello, onedrop, the opinion amongst several ladies I know as well as my opinion of the Kelly Caleche is that it's great but not long lasting. I have been reading thru the posts here and this seems to be the opinion of many of our posters about various fragrances. I'm wondering if this short lasting is intentional? And, it's not necessarily a negative, just an observation/opinion
1.gif

Anyway, my DH especially likes the KC and the first time I wore it at our office he followed me around all day.
30.gif
I've found that most of the SAs at the stores are quite happy to give samples for trying.

All that said, the bottle by itself, is worth buying......with it's unique way of dispensing the spray.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2007 8:08:48 AM
Sharon, I think the Prada might have patchouli in it. I despise plain patchouli essence, it seriously makes me sick. However, I know it is in a lot of the perfumes I wear, but it is blended well and not a strong note on its own. It just smells very dirty and strong to me. I know people who wear plain patchouli and either they wear too much or their chemisty is tough, but it really smells just horrid to me, gamey and heavy.

Many perfumes dry down really nicely on me, but I also cannot wear things that I used to wear before I had kids. My chemisty seems to have changed.

Lorelei, I just ordered lipstick rose! I am really excited to try it. I will update you as soon as I get it!
OOH!!! OOH!!! OOOH!!!!!

So excited for you!!! I know you will love it!!!

Hehehe...I ordered another bottle this morning of Lipstick Rose as one of my Christmas gifts from Hubby DF!!!

When does yours arrive??????
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NOW I must try and get some of the "lipstick" somewhere to try--but from where?? The shops were mad on Saturday, standing room only, so I barely got my purchases for my DH--and no sample of Hermes Kelly (all out it seems...). I did however get a sample of the new Fendi--Palazzo and it is very soft and very nice. Seems Fendi is d/c many of their old standby''s and now have this new one to offer.

Caroline--you might be right about the Pachouli!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon do you have a Barneys in Canada? I know they sell it, or you can order it or possibly get a sample of LR from

www.editionsdeparfums.com

It might be worth seeing if the actual website can ship internationally.

Here you go Sharon, it is available in Canada from;

Holt Renfrew
737 Dunsmuir St
Vancouver, BC
V7Y 1K2

Tel - 00 1 604 681 3121

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2007 9:56:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Sharon do you have a Barneys in Canada? I know they sell it, or you can order it or possibly get a sample of LR from

Holt Renfrew
737 Dunsmuir St
Vancouver, BC
V7Y 1K2

Tel - 00 1 604 681 3121
HI:

Thanks Lorieli! I was in Holt''s on Saturday, but didn''t check! Next time.......

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2007 10:21:25 AM

Date: 11/19/2007 9:56:52 AM
Author: Lorelei

Holt Renfrew
737 Dunsmuir St
Vancouver, BC
V7Y 1K2

Tel - 00 1 604 681 3121
HI:

Thanks Lorieli! I was in Holt''s on Saturday, but didn''t check! Next time.......

cheers--Sharon
Yay that Holts is near you!!! I take it you will be visiting soon again then??? Be prepared to love it and give it some time on your skin before deciding!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tried the newest Prada and it dried down like soap on me. I love the new Marc Jacobs Daisy, it smells clean and flowery but soft!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cover your eyes Ellen
9.gif
....Bought the SJP "Lovely" gift set today; it is sweet and soft and I am going to enjoy the milk bath tonight....

cheers--Sharon

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My favoriote is Armani Code. I have worn it for a year now and my FF still adores it!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 8:38:48 PM
HI:

cover your eyes Ellen
9.gif
....Bought the SJP ''Lovely'' gift set today; it is sweet and soft and I am going to enjoy the milk bath tonight....

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

slider_sigh.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Susi:

Thanks for your thoughts on the Hermes Kelly. I smelled it the other day in Sephora (on paper) so I didn''t get a sense of it''s lasting power. I think it''s an eau de toilette?? If so that may explain the staying power. There''s more alcohol in EDTs than in EDPs and parfums. So the once sprayed on the skin, the alcohol simply evaparates. At least I think this is the explanation.

In any case, I found the Kelly to be a gorgeous scent!!! I think that may be my Christmas present to myself. Either that or a full bottle of L''Eau D''Hiver from the Frederic Malle line. I snagged a sample from e-bay and I am using it everyday!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought daisy and love it! I do also want to try the new Hermes...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

cover your eyes Ellen
9.gif
....Bought the SJP ''Lovely'' gift set today; it is sweet and soft and I am going to enjoy the milk bath tonight....

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, did you end up liking it?

I bought ''Lovely'' either a year or two ago (can''t remember anymore) and I ended up giving it away, because even though I really liked the scent, it wore off me in a matter of minutes. Very short lived on my skin. And interestingly it wasn''t just me getting used to the scent and becoming immune to it...it was just literally ''gone.'' I hope it''s not the same for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2007 2:03:38 PM
Author: FireGoddess

HI:

cover your eyes Ellen
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, did you end up liking it?

I bought ''Lovely'' either a year or two ago (can''t remember anymore) and I ended up giving it away, because even though I really liked the scent, it wore off me in a matter of minutes. Very short lived on my skin. And interestingly it wasn''t just me getting used to the scent and becoming immune to it...it was just literally ''gone.'' I hope it''s not the same for you!
HI:

FG--I really do. I cannot believe it lasts SO long on me--since the "evaporating scent" has been my issue as of late. The body creme is nicely scented and really helps the fragrance last. I am thoroughly enjoying it thank you!!

cheers--Sharon

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:34:43 PM
Tried the newest Prada and it dried down like soap on me. I love the new Marc Jacobs Daisy, it smells clean and flowery but soft!
I wanted to love this but it literally smelt like cardboard on me!
My daughter bought the Daisy and it is gorgeous but I like something stronger.
I have been wearing Chanel Gardenia but really is not very long lasting so *sigh* I don''t think it will become my signature scent which I was sort of hoping for.
I have just ordered the Comptoir Sud Vanille Abricot and I hoping that will be a nice summery scent for me.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 4:03:42 PM
Author: katebar
I have just ordered the Comptoir Sud Vanille Abricot and I hoping that will be a nice summery scent for me.
I have this and love it in moderation. It''s pretty heavy and sweet. It is very tropical... but I spray it once (not directly on me but let it fall on me) and that''s it- otherwise it seems overwhelming on me- especially on hot summery days.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Ralph Lauren Romance

mmmmm mmmmm good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results