shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The concept of having a signature scent seems so glamorous and elegant, and I''ve always wanted to find my signature scent. I''ve decided that I''m too indecisive to have a signature scent...I like lots of different ones!!

I used to wear:
-Hugo Boss Woman
-then Ralph Lauren Romance
-then Chanel Chance
-then for a brief moment - Lolita Lempicka
-then for another brief moment - Lollia Breathe
-then Eau de Cartier (apparently unisex, but I think it is quite feminine)

Currently wearing Marc Jacobs blush.

Any fans of Creed? I am trying to decide on my next fragrance. I love love love Creed''s Silver Mountain Water (have been saving the last few drops of a sample that a friend gave me). It''s also a unisex fragrance, but once again, I think it is much more feminine than you would think a unisex fragrance might be. My other choice would be Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. A friend was wearing Chanel''s Une Fleur which I totally coveted, but that was a limited edition. Alas, I cannot find it anywhere!

So what do you think? Which should I get? (a) Creed Silver Mountain Water or (b) Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I just added a new scent to my "signature" scent (which was Tiffany & Co Pure)... I now LOVE Coco Mademoiselle. I think I have never loved a scent more!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 9:38:17 PM
Author: diamondfan
I got the new Chanel #5 with Ylang Ylang and it dried down so nicely on me, I really do like it a lot.
How is the lasting power DF? The No.5 EDP doesn''t last long at all on me, it has almost gone in 3 hours, so I am curious if this one is any better and perhaps smells more like number 5 used to. I am hoping we get the new 5 here soon.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is an eau de parfum. It lasted reasonably well, a few hours, it is now totally gone. But I liked it because it was softer and more powdery on me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2007 4:19:11 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think it is an eau de parfum. It lasted reasonably well, a few hours, it is now totally gone. But I liked it because it was softer and more powdery on me.
I am SO going to have to try it, I wonder if it will be available in Dec here? I bet thats when it will hit these shores. Have you tried Kelly Caleche yet?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They had some of it in a magazine and it was not great smelling there but I would like to try it in the store.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t laugh but I also am really liking Burberry Brit for day time, it is soft and not too sweet on me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Back on the search for the ultimate fragrance LOL! Have been "smelling" my mags lately and got a whiff of the new Hermes (Kelly) and Marc Jacobs (Daisy). I''ll have to try them for "real" when I am out and about this weekend. Thing is, I had a sample of TF Black Orchid in my purse, and fell in love with it all over again. Since my BD is coming up end of the month, maybe, this year, there will be a gift pack with some body product bundled with it, and my DH can pick it up while DT.

Speaking of DH, I am in the market for a new fragrance for him. Tried the Lancome Hypnoise for men and liked it, principally b/c it reminded me of Vera Wang for men. So that will be a challenge to find something unique and new for him for Christmas.

OH did I just say Christmas???????????????????
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little late here... but Angel by Thierry Mugler is pretty much all I wear
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Just went to Neiman Marcus and sniffed a few new winners:

Prada Iris (whatever it''s called - the new one - great for everyday - replacing my Armani She)
Guerlain L''instant Magic
Stella McCartney

And my old favorites:
Chanel No. 5
Armani Sensi (my husband''s favorite sexy scent)
Armani She (everyday)

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

Agent Provocateur is my sig scent.... although I''m wearing their newer fragrance - Maitresse - now.

I also love "1000" de Jean Patou and Casmir by Chopard.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok fellow fragrance fiends, bumpitty bump for my new love Lipstick Rose by Ralf Schweiger for Frederic Malle!

Boy this stuff is yummy! It really does what it says on the tin and smells like a luxurious, waxy lipstick. The fragrance opens in a burst of cheery violets with a hint of sweet green, then after a few minutes, a sweet candy like powder emerges - very snuggly and delicious, finally the lipsticky dry down settles and lasts really well. Hovering in the background seems to be a hint of juicy strawberry and cherry.

This perfume makes me think of Marilyn, glamour gals with teased wavy hair a la Bardot, fluffy kitten heeled mule slippers and pretty lingerie, winged eyeliner and red red lipstick!

I wear this when I want to feel girlie, it is a different sort of glam to Tabac Blond. TB is all leather and sweet tobaccoey ( sp) mysteriousness, LR is fun, playful and pink!

plates.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

lol.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal, I just bought a bottle of Marc Jacob''s daisy. While I do like it, it doesn''t last very long on me...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 1:14:59 PM
Author: sap483
canuk-gal, I just bought a bottle of Marc Jacob''s daisy. While I do like it, it doesn''t last very long on me...
HI:

I hear ya.

I went spray wild the day, and really didn''t find a new fragrance that I couldn''t live without. So I''ll keep on smellin......

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 9:11:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok fellow fragrance fiends, bumpitty bump for my new love Lipstick Rose by Ralf Schweiger for Frederic Malle!

Boy this stuff is yummy! It really does what it says on the tin and smells like a luxurious, waxy lipstick. The fragrance opens in a burst of cheery violets with a hint of sweet green, then after a few minutes, a sweet candy like powder emerges - very snuggly and delicious, finally the lipsticky dry down settles and lasts really well. Hovering in the background seems to be a hint of juicy strawberry and cherry.

This perfume makes me think of Marilyn, glamour gals with teased wavy hair a la Bardot, fluffy kitten heeled mule slippers and pretty lingerie, winged eyeliner and red red lipstick!

I wear this when I want to feel girlie, it is a different sort of glam to Tabac Blond. TB is all leather and sweet tobaccoey ( sp) mysteriousness, LR is fun, playful and pink!
HI:

I''d be tempted to try it, but I really DON''T want to give my husband any more reason to, well, ........ any little excuse ya know......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 1:47:30 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 11/8/2007 9:11:56 AM

HI:

I''d be tempted to try it, but I really DON''T want to give my husband any more reason to, well, ........ any little excuse ya know......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Hee hee Sharon, I tell ya, it is a bombshell brew for sure!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 1:47:30 PM
HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hasd anyone seen/tried the new Private Collection by Arin Lauder: tuberose and gardenia? Saw an ad in the mag for it.... I am VERY interested in that one.......

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 11:02:36 AM
HI:

Hasd anyone seen/tried the new Private Collection by Arin Lauder: tuberose and gardenia? Saw an ad in the mag for it.... I am VERY interested in that one.......

cheers--Sharon
Haven''t heard of that one Sharon, unfortunately I can''t get on with gardenia in perfume. I ordered a sample of Frederic Malle Carnal Flower and it began tubereuse, then dried into pure gardenia on me. Oh well, I need another perfume obsession like I need a hole in the head!
face20.gif

but i will try the new PC nevertheless....
11.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but my current fave is Carolina Herrera 212. Very femine and floral but not granny at all. I love it!

9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 11:07:35 AM

Date: 11/9/2007 11:02:36 AM
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Haven't heard of that one Sharon, unfortunately I can't get on with gardenia in perfume. I ordered a sample of Frederic Malle Carnal Flower and it began tubereuse, then dried into pure gardenia on me. Oh well, I need another perfume obsession like I need a hole in the head!
face20.gif

but i will try the new PC nevertheless....
11.gif
HI:

Yanno, I used to be a total spicy girl; but now it is all sweetness for me!! Tuberose is my absolute fav!!! Gardenia a close second.

I have been wanting to ask where folks get their products: private perfume shops, drug stores, online or big retailers? Are you buying samples or full bottles? I have purchased everywhere but online, and never a sample. Thing is, one cannot get many of those exclusive fragrances unless live in large centers that have vast selections--Paris, London, LA, NY (some are not even exported as well)--and as a result I get retail envy. Too I am reticent just to buy a sample. Maybe my thinking is wrong?

cheers--Sharon

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Have been "smelling" my mags lately and got a whiff of the new Hermes (Kelly) and Marc Jacobs (Daisy). I''ll have to try them for "real" when I am out and about this weekend.

I thought I wanted "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs. I was in the city and they had it as Saks. I tried it on and somehow it was better in the store than on me.

I love Jo Malone Nutmeg and Ginger this time of year and Pomegranite Noir for evening, but the Nutmeg and Ginger doesn''t last on me at all!

For the Tuberose lovers, Fracas is the bewst and lasts forever!

Nancy

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but, has anyone smelled the fragrance called Golconda by JAR?

The very exclusive jewelry designer JAR makes this one, but as best I know it is only at Bergdorf Goodman NY. So, any NY based PSers experience this one yet? I am very curious.
4.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 3:55:25 PM
Author: fansynancy
For the Tuberose lovers, Fracas is the bewst and lasts forever!

Nancy
HI:

Will try on my next go around; but for now I am in love with Lauder''s new Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. Hawaii all over again with white petal heaven
30.gif
!

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am utterly amazed at all you guys that can like/love SOOOOO many different scents. I''m feeling lucky to have two at the moment.

Picky much?
20.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting to ask where folks get their products: private perfume shops, drug stores, online or big retailers? Are you buying samples or full bottles? I have purchased everywhere but online, and never a sample. Thing is, one cannot get many of those exclusive fragrances unless live in large centers that have vast selections--Paris, London, LA, NY (some are not even exported as well)--and as a result I get retail envy. Too I am reticent just to buy a sample. Maybe my thinking is wrong?

cheers--Sharon
I get mine usually from Sephora. When I order my products, I try to get perfume as my samples. I have found a few I like but mostly I can rule out many lol. I have to get samples first as many perfumes will give me a migraine.

I have a couple samples of the new Dolce & Gabbana "The One"... it''s a lovely warm, powdery scent... but it doesn''t stay on me. I thought it would be a nice, warm everyday perfume for winter... but I need something else. If you know of something similar, please suggest it.

I LOVE Alfred Sung Shi yet that is immediately off of me... had the perfume, powder and lotion... sprayed it on my skin and clothes... and it was gone. I have not found something similar in scent that stays on me, so if anyone knows of anything similar PLEASE let me know.

Typically I wear Princess by Vera Wang, Butterfly by Hannah Mori, Juicy Couture, French Connection U.K., etc.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

cheers--Sharon

I buy some at Deparment stores, or I get a lot of freebie''s as a lot of my girl friends are in the Magazine and Fashion biz.

My BFF used to work for Suzanne Lang, so I aquired QUITE a collection through her ;-)

I like my Jo malone too!! (but not the pomegranite noir. on me...it smelled of Hamster cage

15.gif
)

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Mela Lu, you are too funny.."hamster cage"..I can''t imagine anything you wear (fragrance wise) would make you smell bad..period!! LOL. Um, my one and only signature fragrance, which my hubby bought me, and I thought "oh-oh", and then have worn nothing else since I tried it on is....

HOT, by Ralph Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results