shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks OD, I will check it out!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checked it out, it does indeed sound like a lighter version of the original, however as the original these days has nowhere near the staying power it used to have, I will be interested to see how this one is.... I would be so delighted if this smelled the way No.5 used to years ago, then it was absolutely incredible, as were many of the fragrances then, it seems that nowadays they are ghosts of what they used to be, very sad.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei I totally agree with you. The original formulation is nothing like the new concoctions. Oh the staying power of the original No. 5! My Mom used to wear it and she always smelled great. Maybe that''s why I want to love it so! If I get around to trying the new one, you''ll be the first to know.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you can get some SOON OD, so I can have a review, it will probably be a while before I can get it here. I used to wear No.5 often during the early eighties, then a drop of the parfum would last for HOURS and swirl around you, even the EDT you could still smell the next morning if you had applied the night before, I don't know what on earth happened, but it is a shadow of it's former self - both with how it smells and it's lasting power, and it grieves me.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 6:51:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
Gwen, I had a look at the reviews for this and if ever a fragrance got mixed reviews, this one did!! Some say too strong, others that it faded fast, try it again when next in Sephora and see if it '' speaks '' to you and don''t make your mind up until an hour or so into wearing the fragrance, see how it dries down and lasts on you. Also get another opinion as to how it smells coming from you, a separate '' nose'' should let you know if it is too strong or not, as our sense of smell can become immune quickly to a fragrance ( more''s the pity
7.gif
)
Aye, that is very good advice, m''dear, I will do that. Thanks!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2007 3:43:21 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 8/8/2007 6:51:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
Gwen, I had a look at the reviews for this and if ever a fragrance got mixed reviews, this one did!! Some say too strong, others that it faded fast, try it again when next in Sephora and see if it '' speaks '' to you and don''t make your mind up until an hour or so into wearing the fragrance, see how it dries down and lasts on you. Also get another opinion as to how it smells coming from you, a separate '' nose'' should let you know if it is too strong or not, as our sense of smell can become immune quickly to a fragrance ( more''s the pity
7.gif
)
Aye, that is very good advice, m''dear, I will do that. Thanks!
1.gif
Most welcome!
emangel.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I really like this site.. just noticed it today..I am a perfume nut just like I am a diamond ring nut. Cannot get enough that is for sure. My favorite perfumes are:
Glicine byr acca kappa
Caesars Woman by caesars palace
Calycanthus by acca kappa
Eau L''amour by fragancias cannon in Argetntina

Most perfumes you can only buy in Las Vegas like the Acca Kappa, and then there is the Argentina perfume. They are just lovely smells, and they last pretty well all day long.

Like I always say if your going to wear perfume it has to last...

Could someone please help me get ahold of Can-nuk gurl, I do not know how from here...Thank you!!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2007 4:36:03 PM
Author: mara54
Wow, I really like this site.. just noticed it today..I am a perfume nut just like I am a diamond ring nut. Cannot get enough that is for sure. My favorite perfumes are:
Glicine byr acca kappa
Caesars Woman by caesars palace
Calycanthus by acca kappa
Eau L''amour by fragancias cannon in Argetntina

Most perfumes you can only buy in Las Vegas like the Acca Kappa, and then there is the Argentina perfume. They are just lovely smells, and they last pretty well all day long.

Like I always say if your going to wear perfume it has to last...

Could someone please help me get ahold of Can-nuk gurl, I do not know how from here...Thank you!!
35.gif
HI Mara54:

Here I am! Are you in town??

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found 2 great new ones:

"Daisy" by Marc Jacobs (very light, but it stays with you - perfect for morning into lunch)

"Miss Boucheron" by Boucheron (a marvelous light oriental - not overpowering at all, good for afternoons and evenings).

Bloomingdale''s has both of them.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Got a bunch of samples from FragranceNet -- so far I am in love with Bvlgari''s BLV Notte it''s not even funny.

Very Valentino is nice but never calmed down on me. The perfume spent three hours screaming. But it was really really nice. I am going to try doing only one spray (usually I do two or three) and see if that makes a difference.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention another new favorite: "Sheer Veil" by Vera Wang. It''s a light floral with Champagne Rose, Lavender Dream Rose, Violet, White Stephanotis, Gardenia, &White Lily.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 10:27:14 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I forgot to mention another new favorite: ''Sheer Veil'' by Vera Wang. It''s a light floral with Champagne Rose, Lavender Dream Rose, Violet, White Stephanotis, Gardenia, &White Lily.
Yeah, I mentioned that one on the last page and was wondering about its longevity because there are a ton of mixed reviews about it. Have you tried it? Did you think it was overpowering or barely-there, or neither? I''m looking for a light, subtle scent so I don''t want anything really heavy...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gwendolyn! I have Sheer Veil and I don''t think it''s overpowering at all. I think it''s light and subtle, but it has good staying power (on me, anyway).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 5:48:59 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Gwendolyn! I have Sheer Veil and I don''t think it''s overpowering at all. I think it''s light and subtle, but it has good staying power (on me, anyway).
I have it and love it!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Excellent, thank you ladies!! I keep meaning to get myself out to Sephora to spray it on me, go shopping for an hour (as the lovely Lorelei suggested) and then figure out what I think, but I haven''t done it yet! For shame, for shame... But thank you for your opinions on it! That is very helpful.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While on holidays, I got a sample of the new Pucci from Saks and quite liked it. Some staying power, which seems to be a problem with me lately (all except for Jo Malone...). Anyway, anyone heard of Keiko Mercheri? I tried the Osmanthus yesterday, because it has tuberose in it, and I really liked it. Reminded me, instantly, of Serge Lutens DN. I was hoping it would have some staying power, but nada. And the Fresh Tuberose, was instantly gone! boohoo...I am about to give up on wearing anything at all! (maybe I''ll just buy some Irish Spring soap
2.gif
).

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of Irish Spring soap ( you reminded me Sharon!) I was reading that deodorant soaps can kill fragrance quickly so it is best to use a moisturising body wash instead to help make your fragrance last.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing Clinique Happy for several years and get compliments all the time, it''s light and fresh. However, i did try Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers and I adore it, I use it on special occasions.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Soooo!!! I got my little hands on a 30ml decant of Caron Tabac Blond!!!
36.gif

Now ladies what''s all this talk about autumn leaves and bonfires?!? This perfume smells exactly like....... MASS!!! (wanna play ''spot the Irish Catholic''?!?
2.gif
) But in case I''ve confused anyone, this is a GOOD thing! I LOVE it!!!
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Currently, my fave scent is Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. Smells nothing like the original White Linen. (EL has a way of making perfumes with attitude that mostly attract the noses of old ladies!) This one dries down to a warm, spicy, but *quiet* smell. The FI loves it. I still smell fabulous and I''ve had it on since 7AM!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bond came out with two new fragrances to commemorate Saks, the unisex is nice and light and the women''s is like Fracas, very gardenia like. It is growing on me. (I think I sprayedtoo much and it was NASTY). I just got the Badgley Mischka evening one in the etched bottle, and I like the Marc Jacob''s Daisy, it dried down very nicely!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 12:18:23 PM
Author: Delster
36.gif

Now ladies what''s all this talk about autumn leaves and bonfires?!? This perfume smells exactly like....... MASS!!! (wanna play ''spot the Irish Catholic''?!?
2.gif
30.gif
Mass?!?!?? I believe you Del as I can see that perhaps! So glad you love it, it is an unusual glamorous foxy potion isn''t it? Did you get the parfum extrait or the eau de parfum - as these smell differently in a way? Give it some time on your skin, it often does different things on me! Last night I wore some when Hubby and I went out and it smelled really of sweet tobacco, that note was the most noticeable, then the other day it was all vanillary sweetness - I find it a little unpredictable but that is half the fun!

What I really want to know is Del - is it a keeper???
9.gif
( more teefs for you!)

H

hlpkaixin3344

Wow! How is it that I have missed this post. I lurk here every single day and i can''t take it anymore! This perfume thread has confirmed my suspicions that I am made for PS.

Tabac Blonde is something that I truly adore. Both my husband and 7yr old daughter love it on me, too. I always ask my daughter''s opinion when it comes to perfume. She gave me huge thumbs up on this one. I have something of an obsession with jewelry and perfume. I even knew what sillage meant. lol :) Mitsouko by Guerlain is wonderful. I wear both Tabac Blonde and Mitsouko in the extrait form. Has anyone ever tried Mitsouko before?

It sure feels good to delurk. Thanks, Lorelei!

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
That''s weird.... I''m not sure why my user name and avatar didn''t work. I hope it works this time.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 9:16:26 AM
Author: jas
I am currently trying the new Light Blue from D&G -- LOVE IT! Very nice for hot summer days.

My old favorites are the wonderful Angel and her cousin Angel Innocent. I get compliments every freaking time I wear it...but now it seems that EVERYONE is wearing it. I like Beautiful, too.
I LOVE Light Blue!! It is the most amazing scent!!
30.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 12:18:23 PM
Author: Delster
36.gif

2.gif
30.gif
HEE HEE!
9.gif
I''ve never smelled Mass, but I''ll buy into anything that smells of ancient rituals. Glad you joined the Tabac Blond club.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine are Chanel Chance and Burberry (Classic? They tried to change its name and that made me more than a little upset). I''ve been wearing Burberry since HS and love its warmth and depth. I''ve been wearing Chance since college, and my husband still loooooooves it. It''s definitely the "youngest" of the Chanel scents, but it still has that luxe tone to it that I absolutely adore about Chanel.

In the summer when both of those scents are too strong, I just wear Demeter Fig. It''s really simple and earthy but still feminine. All three are basically signature scents, I rarely change it up.

But, this summer, I just had to get the new Coach fragrance. I have it in the purse solid, and it''s great for a little freshening up - definitely a really clean scent.

Apparently, I need to turn my mom on to Caron Tabac Blond! I think if she was going to name her favorite scent it would be "mass" (such an apt description, I was laughing aloud).
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Shi, by Alfred Sung.

Before my wedding, my mom and I spent an hour in a perfume store, trying to find the perfect wedding/everyday scent (before, I was wearing something by Burberry, but wanted a change).

I tried probably 30 different scents, finally finding Shi. The top notes are water lily and fig, with midnotes of orange blossom and frangipani. I couldn't stop smelling myself all day (good staying power). It's so feminine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2007 11:55:32 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
Wow! How is it that I have missed this post. I lurk here every single day and i can't take it anymore! This perfume thread has confirmed my suspicions that I am made for PS.

Tabac Blonde is something that I truly adore. Both my husband and 7yr old daughter love it on me, too. I always ask my daughter's opinion when it comes to perfume. She gave me huge thumbs up on this one. I have something of an obsession with jewelry and perfume. I even knew what sillage meant. lol :) Mitsouko by Guerlain is wonderful. I wear both Tabac Blonde and Mitsouko in the extrait form. Has anyone ever tried Mitsouko before?

It sure feels good to delurk. Thanks, Lorelei!
Hey there!!! Any Tabac Blond lover is welcome here especially as Miss Julianna says, we have a TB club with 4 members now!!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Mitsouko is on my hitlist to try in the future for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results