shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2007 4:37:03 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/1/2007 11:29:23 PM
Author: diamondfan
Better a lovely scented trail that remains after you have made your exit than a terrible odor announcing your imminent arrival! I know people who douse themselves in terrible scents and you KNOW they are about to enter the room!
31.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2007 9:59:33 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/4/2007 4:37:03 AM

Date: 8/1/2007 11:29:23 PM
Better a lovely scented trail that remains after you have made your exit than a terrible odor announcing your imminent arrival! I know people who douse themselves in terrible scents and you KNOW they are about to enter the room!
31.gif
9.gif
Hehehe.....
emangel.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
though with my mother in law an early warning system would be great!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2007 11:07:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing....
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2007 11:07:13 AM
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it like the smell of sulphur when Dracula is about to appear?!

(I am in mood today, sorry to jack my woonderful Lorelei''s thread, but she is coming to visit soon and I am palpitating already!)

Lorelei, maybe your next care package will have to contain some scent!

Also wanted to mention I bought Fresh''s index scents and their new Mangosteen fragrance, which is so fresh and smells of mangoes, and I also got Betsey Johnson''s which is a bit like Angel but I like it on me. (Angel is gross on me, it takes on a bad note)...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2007 2:27:43 PM
Is it like the smell of sulphur when Dracula is about to appear?!

(I am in mood today, sorry to jack my woonderful Lorelei's thread, but she is coming to visit soon and I am palpitating already!)

Lorelei, maybe your next care package will have to contain some scent!
3.gif

Also wanted to mention I bought Fresh's index scents and their new Mangosteen fragrance, which is so fresh and smells of mangoes, and I also got Betsey Johnson's which is a bit like Angel but I like it on me. (Angel is gross on me, it takes on a bad note)...
I have to say, I did wonder!!! Oh dear...that quip is making me weep!!!!!

garlic might work....

i have been ordering again and am now waiting for some Habanita by Molinard as it is another tobacco/ leather scent, it is cheaper than Tabac Blond so it might be a good one to make the TB last...

lmao.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to say, I wondered if she was due for a visit!!
32.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, yes, my summer is not complete without having her with us! the joy, the thrill...the constant migraine and need to self medicate...I know it well!

Do you like Quelque Fleurs? Or Quelque Violet? I used to like those two a lot.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone like Guerlain''s Chamade or L''Heure Bleu? They''re good all year.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF - I haven''t tried QF in years, but I am totally on the lookout!!

MB, I really want to try L''HB, and am hoping to get Vol de Nuit at some stage, I am really loving the old classics and need to obtain more of them...
27.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoo hoo Julianna - are you still enjoying your Tabac Blond? Has the addiction hit you yet?
31.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a big perfume person, but from a previous perfume postings here I got a sample of the Bond no 9 Chelsea flowers. I liked it so much I used up the little sampler. I didn''t wear it every day, but every time I did my husband would mention that I smelled good (even though he swears he hates perfume). I got another sample from a different ebay person, but to me the second one didn''t smell as good, didn''t know if it was an older batch or maybe a knock off.
Anyways I would like to order again but would want to know it''s the "real stuff", so maybe I''ll try that fishbones site.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 1:28:02 PM
Author: part gypsy
I''m not a big perfume person, but from a previous perfume postings here I got a sample of the Bond no 9 Chelsea flowers. I liked it so much I used up the little sampler. I didn''t wear it every day, but every time I did my husband would mention that I smelled good (even though he swears he hates perfume). I got another sample from a different ebay person, but to me the second one didn''t smell as good, didn''t know if it was an older batch or maybe a knock off.
Anyways I would like to order again but would want to know it''s the ''real stuff'', so maybe I''ll try that fishbones site.

If you find that happens again that a perfume smells different, sometimes you need to clear out the stuff in the tube, or let the perfume " sit" for a couple of weeks. Sometimes I find my faves can smell a bit off when I first get them, with a couple of weeks, they then settle down. I don''t know if they sometimes need time to mature....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 11:00:40 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Popped into Sephora for a nanosecond yesterday, long enough to spray the Serge Lutens Datura Noir. I really loved it, but by the time I got home, it seemed to be nonexistent.
8.gif
Diamondfan, do you find this with the new one you bought?

cheers--Sharon
HI:

Take two with the Datura Noir. Same effect--so staying power.
8.gif
Kinda weird for perfume. I''m not looking for a Tigress Early Warning Fragrance
2.gif
, but I was hoping for something more than what I found with his otherwise lovely scent. I got a sample from the gal at Sephora--the Un Bois Vanille Serge Lutens. Wonder if I''ll have any better luck with that one.

cheers--Sharon

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 10:24:03 AM
Yoo hoo Julianna - are you still enjoying your Tabac Blond? Has the addiction hit you yet?
31.gif
I do have a straaaange compulsion to spray it on me every day. I don''t ever do anything remotely glamour-filled, and yet I walk around every day smelling like a million bucks!!
emlove.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My mega-bargain bottle of Profumo by Acqua di Parma finally arrived.

I am in love - it is everything I hoped for. Beautiful hand-made bottle and more importantly the most incredible smell. I like very chypre perfumes with a warm, smokey quality. This has 3 sorts of jasmine, roses, ylang ylang amongst the 300 flowers in it. The phases are all very different and the drydown is very soft and lovely. Can you tell I like this?
28.gif

I passed the bottle to FI when I got home and he said "Wow, that''s lovely" - now this is a man who never ever comments on things like that, or just says yeah, smells okay I suppose.

The hedgehog then tried to literally eat my arm.

I love it so much I bought a second bottle that was going on ebay (it''s £140 GBP here
23.gif
and I got it for £20
36.gif
)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
any recommendations for men''s scents? i''d love to order some samples for hubby to try.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Nancy from the site that Lorelie recomended kindly emailed me some fragrances that she thoguht i might like. Any of you gals familar with them?
Bois 1930 Sushi Imperiale (odd name don''t want to smell like a california roll but
20.gif
)
Guerlain Anglelique noir
Montale white Oud
Guerilain Iris Ganache

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I have the Daim Blond and the Fleurs Orangier and they both last on me, though admittedly not super long, but definitely hours, and the smell softens as it fades. It still does smell. The Daim is richer and it means light suede or something, and has a very lovely dry down. The Fleur is like breathing in a bunch of orange blossoms, which is just amazing to me. I really love it too, very different though from the Daim, which I can wear into the fall and winter for sure! Everyone has different chemistry and what smells good or last on me might not on you or vice versa.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 9:07:09 PM
Author: katebar
Nancy from the site that Lorelie recomended kindly emailed me some fragrances that she thoguht i might like. Any of you gals familar with them?
Bois 1930 Sushi Imperiale (odd name don't want to smell like a california roll but
20.gif
)
Guerlain Anglelique noir
Montale white Oud
Guerilain Iris Ganache
I have heard of the Guerlain and I will be interested to hear what you think!!
3.gif

I am so wanting to try the Daim Blond now!
31.gif

Sharon that drives me so crazy when perfume doesn't last, I think my skin is reacting in a weird way at the moment, it is just absorbing everything. Shalimar parfum is only lasting with any strength for about 1.5 hrs, then after that you really have to concentrate to smell it. I have been using an in shower moisturizer and while it is a great moisturizer, I am wondering if something in that is making a barrier on my skin....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 2:23:58 PM

31.gif

Sharon that drives me so crazy when perfume doesn''t last, I think my skin is reacting in a weird way at the moment, it is just absorbing everything. Shalimar parfum is only lasting with any strength for about 1.5 hrs, then after that you really have to concentrate to smell it. I have been using an in shower moisturizer and while it is a great moisturizer, I am wondering if something in that is making a barrier on my skin....
HI:

I want to try DB as well--but alas I have not seen it locally...I found the Vanilla SL lasted much longer, I could smell the earthy notes long after I sprayed them, so I just have to surmise that the DN was just not in my stars. Goodness knows I never have that problem with Jo Malone, they seem to smell ''forever" on me! Anyway, I really like the Shalimar "light" scent.....

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 2:51:08 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 8/7/2007 2:23:58 PM

31.gif

Sharon that drives me so crazy when perfume doesn't last, I think my skin is reacting in a weird way at the moment, it is just absorbing everything. Shalimar parfum is only lasting with any strength for about 1.5 hrs, then after that you really have to concentrate to smell it. I have been using an in shower moisturizer and while it is a great moisturizer, I am wondering if something in that is making a barrier on my skin....
HI:

I want to try DB as well--but alas I have not seen it locally...I found the Vanilla SL lasted much longer, I could smell the earthy notes long after I sprayed them, so I just have to surmise that the DN was just not in my stars. Goodness knows I never have that problem with Jo Malone, they seem to smell 'forever' on me! Anyway, I really like the Shalimar 'light' scent.....

cheers--Sharon
I haven't tried any Jo Malone but I would like to!! It is so annoying that NOTHING is lasting on me at the moment!! My TB does but it is too precious for daily usage, so I am hoping when the Habanita arrives that will have some staying power, it is said to be one you have to scrub off and that is what I need right now!

Hee hee - Julianna, I never do anything remotely glamorous either, but TB makes me feel it at least in my jeans and scruffy horse boots!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
For the past couple years, I''ve been wearing DKNY''s "Be Delicious." I really like light, subtle frangrances that are barely-there. Since I''ve been doing the DKNY for a while now, though, I think I''m due for a change. The only one I''ve found that tickles my fancy so far has been "Sheer Veil" by Vera Wang, which at Sephora didn''t seem to be too over-powering, but a few reviews I just read said otherwise.

I don''t suppose any of you know anything about it? Maybe? *hopeful smile*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwen, I had a look at the reviews for this and if ever a fragrance got mixed reviews, this one did!! Some say too strong, others that it faded fast, try it again when next in Sephora and see if it " speaks " to you and don''t make your mind up until an hour or so into wearing the fragrance, see how it dries down and lasts on you. Also get another opinion as to how it smells coming from you, a separate '' nose'' should let you know if it is too strong or not, as our sense of smell can become immune quickly to a fragrance ( more''s the pity
7.gif
)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hi All! I just read some news yesterday that Chanel is releasing a new version of No. 5. Anyone else hear about this?? I have always wanted to love No. 5, but it never worked for me, I think in part because I was not *mature* enough for it. For me it''s such a classic scent that I feel the wearer needs to be more *classic* to wear it well. Maybe this version will be more wearable for me.

Per the Jo Malone line, she has some wonderful combinations, but they never last on me! I think because they are colognes and not parfums.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2007 7:13:41 AM
Author: onedrop
Hi All! I just read some news yesterday that Chanel is releasing a new version of No. 5. Anyone else hear about this?? I have always wanted to love No. 5, but it never worked for me, I think in part because I was not *mature* enough for it. For me it''s such a classic scent that I feel the wearer needs to be more *classic* to wear it well. Maybe this version will be more wearable for me.

Per the Jo Malone line, she has some wonderful combinations, but they never last on me! I think because they are colognes and not parfums.
I know they released #5 in a gel elixir a while ago, but I haven''t heard about any other new versions....The gel differs to traditional #5 in as much as it is said to not contain the aldehydes and that the scent releases all the notes of the fragrance at the same time without a dry down so much. This is believed to have updated the fragrance to appeal to the younger market. It is very popular it seems so may be worth a try ( I haven''t tried it yet as I love the EDP)

* goes off to have a nose around!*

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: I tried the elixir as well...no dice on that one either. I am going to have try the Eau de Parfum version again just for comparison purposes. Try this link, for a bit more info on the release. The biggest problems I see with the "Eau Premier" are the cost and the fact that I needs to go to Saks to try it first. At times I love Saks but the SAs in the cosmetic section can be hard sellers.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OD I can''t get the link to work, shame as I am all agog now about the No.5 release!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh nuts, the link doesn''t work?? Sorry about that!! Well....I am not sure what the PS policy is on provding websites, but just Google the "Now Smell This" perfume blog. Once you get to the blog, the little snippet should be on the first page.That is where I learned of the release.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results