shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to wear more perfume in the winter than in the summer ... wonder why that is?

Hmm.

For work I usually wear either Bulgari femme or Noa by Cacherel. Both are clean, powder-y scents that aren''t overpowering.

My "fun" perfume, which I wear for going out with my S.O., is Narciso Rodriguez for her (sooooo sexy); if I''m going out for dinner with friends I''ll wear Ralph Lauren Blue.

My S.O. just gave me Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone for my birthday - I love it, but it''s kind of heavy for the summer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 1:56:59 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/31/2007 1:52:21 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hehehe...No!! I should be!!! They could pay me with Tabac Blond parfum and I would be very happy - a huge bottle every couple of months would be good....

I hijacked your running emotie....
lol Cute, isn''t it?

Seriously, they SHOULD pay you, you give such a wonderful, in depth description!
36.gif
Tank you! I take my perfumes very seriously!!!!

Krissie, I think there is something comforting about scents in winter, they go well with sweaters and Holidays and cold weather...

shucks.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Lorelei I just checked her shipping address and she lives 45 minutes from me!!!!!! I''ll bet it''s here today. Oh, only an hour and a half til I can go home and check. Come on time, let''s go already!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TELL JIM YOU NEED TO GO HOME NOW!!!!!!!!! Diamonds be darned, perfume comes first!!!...I can''t believe I said that....
23.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 2:23:51 PM
TELL JIM YOU NEED TO GO HOME NOW!!!!!!!!! Diamonds be darned, perfume comes first!!!...I can''t believe I said that....
23.gif
Dear me! No one saw that....you were overcome with emotion... you didn''t mean it... hee hee... eek...
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to go to bed shortly, so I will have to wait to hear the verdict till the morning...
39.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
yikes2.gif

You''ll be lucky iffin yer not banned fer that....

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 4:23:37 PM

23.gif
yikes2.gif

Oh, oh, I''ll speak as a character witness on her behalf!! It was a momentary lapse in reasoning!! Which, I must say, I now understand. Lor, I am nearly an hour into my Tabac Blond and it is very. VERY. leathery. I did smell the smokiness about 10 minutes in, and I''m still waiting for the vanilla to kick in, as I feel that will be my favorite part. I do feel quite glamorous, though I am sitting around in a tank top and jeans. Perhaps I should take up smoking clove cigarettes or some such nonsense.

I''ll stop talking now, I''m not as eloquent as Lorelei.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 5:03:05 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 7/31/2007 4:23:37 PM

23.gif
yikes2.gif

Oh, oh, I''ll speak as a character witness on her behalf!! It was a momentary lapse in reasoning!! Which, I must say, I now understand. Lor, I am nearly an hour into my Tabac Blond and it is very. VERY. leathery. I did smell the smokiness about 10 minutes in, and I''m still waiting for the vanilla to kick in, as I feel that will be my favorite part. I do feel quite glamorous, though I am sitting around in a tank top and jeans. Perhaps I should take up smoking clove cigarettes or some such nonsense.

I''ll stop talking now, I''m not as eloquent as Lorelei.
lol.gif

I thought you did pretty good!
28.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 6:03:41 PM
lol.gif

I thought you did pretty good!
28.gif
Thanks, Ellen.
4.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought Serge Lutens Daim Blond, which I like. There are a lot of other scents as well, but I liked this one quite a bit.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 12:45:45 PM

Date: 7/27/2007 12:41:53 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I love Burberry London but it''s not as great for summer on me. Right now I''ve been wearing my Philosophy fragrances, especially pure grace and amazing grace, which I love.
Is there anywhere online where you can get samples of perfume instead of buying a whole bottle?
Yes there is, hang on - need to find the linky!

Here it is, she also does lots of hard to find fragrances.

http://fishbonefragrances.blogspot.com/
HI:

Whoa--I just checked this site and she has the Serge Lutens fragrance I have been seeking! (Tubereuse Criminelle). Thanks so much Lorelei!!! Will order if after my vacay, I can''t wait!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, a local store near me just got in the Serge Lutens and while I got a different one, they all seemed great!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 9:49:16 PM
Author: diamondfan
Sharon, a local store near me just got in the Serge Lutens and while I got a different one, they all seemed great!
HI Caroline:

Actually, I was going to ask you where you bought yours. A new Sephora near to where I live featured many of Luten's fragrances--and I could have purchased 2/3 of them! They are lovely!

I emailed the gal from that website Lorelei mentioned (fishbone) and I asked her recommendations for tuberose scents; and she gave me a list! I will be ordering several, and maybe that Caron scent Lorelei covets!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is called Blue Mercury. Some of the scents were just ick, but I did like a good portion of them. I love the one I got, and the citrus one was nice too, but I ended up with too many scents on me so I got confused and just bought the one I knew I liked. It has a sweet interesting note, but I cannot tell what it is.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Rosewood from Banana Republic. My absolute favorite.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I just looked up the notes on the Lutens fragrance and guess what someone on a fragrance blog likened it to? TABAC BLOND! How funny is that. They said it had notes of apricot, cherry, iris, cardomom and leather!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee - I am such an enabler Sharon!!

Julianna - the question is this...IS IT A KEEPER????? if not, all the more for me...heheheh.....
11.gif

DF, I am not surprised that the Daim Blond is similar to the TB as we tend to like the same sort of things with perfumes it seems!!! DB is another one I need to try.....
31.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 6:50:27 AM
Hee hee - I am such an enabler Sharon!!

Julianna - the question is this...IS IT A KEEPER????? if not, all the more for me...heheheh.....
11.gif

DF, I am not surprised that the Daim Blond is similar to the TB as we tend to like the same sort of things with perfumes it seems!!! DB is another one I need to try.....
31.gif
It IS!
emsmile.gif
I was compelled to put some on again this morning so''s I can sniff my arm all day again. I believe this will do just fine. Especially when autumn rolls around; this parfum would match well with crunchy leaves on the ground.

Also, the lovely lady at fishbone decanted a good deal of it for me; I got the big size and it''s in a spray bottle, not one of those teeny cylinders you have to pry apart and the parfum goes flying all over the place.
2.gif

I highly recommend fishbonefragrances to everyone thinking of buying her samples, the packaging was very pretty and secure, she shipped very fast, and she also put a free sample in there of another of her scents! I''d definitely buy from her again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOOOH!!!! How much did she give you???????
30.gif

I thought it would be a keeper! A wee tip for you - when you come to buy a bottle, the larger size you buy, the cheaper it gets ( so I took full advantage of THAT!
11.gif
)

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see. I got the 5ml (1/6 oz) atomizer size. It was the biggest she had, and cost me $35.00 and shipping. I''m quite sure it was one of the most expensive on the site, and I thought the price was reasonable considering the full size bottles are upwards of $170-$200. It should last me a good long time, as long as I don''t spray it on me 3 times a day!
5.gif

The more I smell it, the more I like it. It''s really growing on me quickly.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 9:44:06 AM
Author: Julianna
Let''s see. I got the 5ml (1/6 oz) atomizer size. It was the biggest she had, and cost me $35.00 and shipping. I''m quite sure it was one of the most expensive on the site, and I thought the price was reasonable considering the full size bottles are upwards of $170-$200. It should last me a good long time, as long as I don''t spray it on me 3 times a day!
5.gif

The more I smell it, the more I like it. It''s really growing on me quickly.
Thats how it is!!! It is so unlike any perfume found today, considering it was created in 1919, there really is nothing else like it and the more you smell it, the more you love it!

poms.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei and Julianna, is it really heavy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 9:56:12 AM
I don't find it so, it isn't one that has a huge ' sillage' like Angel or Youthdew, it stays closer to the skin, the sort of perfume that people would have to get close to you to smell.

Over to you J!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 9:59:05 AM

I don''t find it so, it isn''t one that has a huge '' sillage'' like Angel or Youthdew, it stays closer to the skin, the sort of perfume that people would have to get close to you to smell.

Over to you J!!
11.gif

*looking up sillage*
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 10:03:04 AM

I don''t find it so, it isn''t one that has a huge '' sillage'' like Angel or Youthdew, it stays closer to the skin, the sort of perfume that people would have to get close to you to smell.

Over to you J!!
11.gif

*looking up sillage*
34.gif
Have you found it yet??
31.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock

Over to you J!!
At first it''s a little overwhelming, but after about an hour or so it settles in and, like Lorelei said, someone might have to be smooching my neck to smell it. Wait, that wasn''t QUITE what she said...
9.gif

It does remind me of a graphic novel with a gorgeous, myterious blonde with red lipstick in a smoky bar. It''s got lots of tobacco smell in it and lots of leather. I don''t have a nose like Lor so I can''t pick out the flowers but it does end up vanilla-y. Like vanilla tobacco though, not like vanilla extract in cookies.
4.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 10:05:38 AM

11.gif

*looking up sillage*
34.gif
Have you found it yet??
31.gif
Yes. It''s slang for silage, which is the stuff farmers put in their silos.
25.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh my dear Lorelei! You have truly started something here. I checked out the fishbone fragrances blog and I am seeing SO many samples that I need to try! I am a niche fragrance person myself, as I see that you are. I just scored a limited edition Annick Goutal fragrance (La Violette) from eBay that is no longer in production and I am so excited to receive the order!!!

Based on descriptions I have been intrigued by the Serge Lutens frangrances, specifically Un Lys and Clair de Musc, but I haven''t come across any in a local store to sample. I favor light and somewhat flowery scents. Any suggestions ladies??

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 10:05:38 AM

Over to you J!!
11.gif

*looking up sillage*
34.gif
Have you found it yet??
31.gif
I did, thanks dictionary.com! And nice usage of the word!
emotion-15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results