Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Discuss all other types of natural gemstones. No pearls. Post pics of your favorite gemstones and favorite cutting styles.

• 2342 posts • Page 56 of 791, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, ..., 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, ..., 60, 65, 70, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Re: Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Post by LaurenThePartier » November 19th, 2010, 1:26 pm
DFW PS GTG Planner Extraordinaire :)

Post by janiced163 » November 22nd, 2010, 11:22 pm
I am new to the site but I wanted to share my most recent purchase. I have always wanted a colored stone, particularly a blue sapphire for the color and durability of the stone compared to other colored gems. I know enough about diamonds, but when it comes to colored gems, I always second guessed myself... until now! Bold, yet there's still something delicate about it... The fancy yellow diamonds on the side topped it off for me. :)

Sorry for the not so clear pics... Took all with my iPhone. Not the best lighting either...
Attachments
sapphire ring.jpg
sapphire ring.jpg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
sapphire 2.jpg
sapphire 2.jpg (161.34 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
sapphire side.jpg
sapphire side.jpg (166.24 KiB) Viewed 3697 times

Post by TL » November 23rd, 2010, 8:15 pm
We need a thread on that beautiful sapphire ring, and the stats, and all the particulars. More photos with a real camera too - please!! :saint:

Post by iLander » November 26th, 2010, 8:52 am
Written by janiced163 » November 22nd, 2010, 11:22 pm:I am new to the site but I wanted to share my most recent purchase. I have always wanted a colored stone, particularly a blue sapphire for the color and durability of the stone compared to other colored gems. I know enough about diamonds, but when it comes to colored gems, I always second guessed myself... until now! Bold, yet there's still something delicate about it... The fancy yellow diamonds on the side topped it off for me. :)

Sorry for the not so clear pics... Took all with my iPhone. Not the best lighting either...

GORGEOUS! :appl:

I agree with TL, we need a thread on this with lots of pics. The iPhone will take great pictures in good light, and I can't wait to see the sapphire in all it's glory! :love:

Post by janiced163 » November 27th, 2010, 9:44 am
Written by iLander » November 26th, 2010, 8:52 am:
Written by janiced163 » November 22nd, 2010, 11:22 pm:I am new to the site but I wanted to share my most recent purchase. I have always wanted a colored stone, particularly a blue sapphire for the color and durability of the stone compared to other colored gems. I know enough about diamonds, but when it comes to colored gems, I always second guessed myself... until now! Bold, yet there's still something delicate about it... The fancy yellow diamonds on the side topped it off for me. :)

GORGEOUS! :appl:

I agree with TL, we need a thread on this with lots of pics. The iPhone will take great pictures in good light, and I can't wait to see the sapphire in all it's glory! :love:

Thank you! I started a new one under "My first sapphire ring." :)

Post by Amys Bling » December 1st, 2010, 7:30 pm

it's bold....and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
Re:

Post by Amys Bling » December 1st, 2010, 8:26 pm

I really love that spinel in the sally setting- the rope details and touches of rose gold are amazing.

Post by Davi » December 4th, 2010, 10:26 am
Just a few of my favorite unset stones :D There's only one stone in there destined for jewelry already. I wish the trillion and the oval in the middle were bigger :(
Attachments
hodgepodge 013.png
hodgepodge 013.png (509.5 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
The only difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome

Post by Colored Gemstone Nut » December 9th, 2010, 4:33 pm
Pretty Collection Davi...
Josh Rioux
Rioux Rock's
Custom Gem Design

Post by jent » December 17th, 2010, 3:44 pm
My 11th anniv. wedding set upgrade! Alishan rings with a custom cut spinel.ImageImage

Post by TL » December 19th, 2010, 1:24 pm
I wish PS wouldn't kill color when it crops, but here's a new pic. Hopefully the glow shows up. 1.77 ct trillion Mahenge spinel in two tone trillion micropave setting. Sunlight.
Attachments
TLmahengespineltrillionglow.JPG
TLmahengespineltrillionglow.JPG (220.78 KiB) Viewed 3169 times

Post by blithesome71 » December 29th, 2010, 9:48 pm
Wow! What a colorful treat!

LTP's rubellite is sooo gorgeous. Same w/ TL's glowing spinel.

More more more! :)

Post by blackberry16 » January 24th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Post by TL » January 27th, 2011, 9:50 pm
Here's some collages I put together of my spinel, tourmaline and miscellaneous garnet and other gem species. I have other rings, but I never wear them like I wear these. Sorry about all the pics. Some are precision cut, and some are not. Sometimes I wish I had better crafted rings, like WF or Leon, but then I would never be able to afford setting all these stones, and it's the stones I love.
Attachments
garnetandothercollage.JPG
garnetandothercollage.JPG (212.85 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
tourmaline_collage.JPG
tourmaline_collage.JPG (182.9 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
TLspinelringcollage.JPG
TLspinelringcollage.JPG (226.28 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

Post by freewheelinrose » January 30th, 2011, 12:06 pm
Don't have anything to post yet myself, but those are some lovely examples!

Post by TL » January 31st, 2011, 11:47 am
Here's a small 6mm faceted Ethiopian opal I bought at a small gem show last October. I'm thinking of pairing it up with an indicolite. It's really beautiful, and more neon orange than I can capture in these horrible fuzzy photos. The stone will not cooperate, but it's very firey. It stood out in a tray full of such opals. It has a neon orange base color, and ever since I saw a similar, but huge opal, like this at a museum, I had to have one.
Attachments
TLethiopianopal.JPG
TLethiopianopal.JPG (69.06 KiB) Viewed 2524 times

Post by mrs taylor » January 31st, 2011, 12:53 pm
psyched to be here and happy to be posting my lovely jewel! This is my 2.07 carat ruby bezel set in a yellow gold, diamond halo from diamonds by lauren. It's a 5.5.
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg (61.37 KiB) Viewed 2527 times

Post by loriken214 » January 31st, 2011, 9:44 pm
I'm drooling over all of these gorgeous colors!!!!

Lori

Lori

Post by baby monster » February 1st, 2011, 3:28 pm

Such beautiful rings :love: Lauren, is that also peridot in the ring on the right with side stones? Do you have a thread with more pics?

Post by jackieclarkm » February 5th, 2011, 3:14 pm
1 ct natural sapphire .28 ct diamonds

Post by Arcadian » February 5th, 2011, 5:51 pm
Lauren, that ring is really tdf! I love that color!! :love:

-A

Post by Arcadian » February 5th, 2011, 5:59 pm
may as well add my newest up here huh? =)

2.93ct 8.3 x 8.3 x 6.2 mm blueish green tourmaline definitely a color changer of a stone.

The blue zircon ring:

Both are LOGR setting I bought sometime last year. about time I filled them right?

-A

Post by TL » February 6th, 2011, 12:26 am
Everyone has such beautiful pieces. :appl: I have this 2.5 carat portuguese cut oval blue spinel, which has inclusions, but it has nice color. It's sitting on a yellow gold ring, just to show it off next to yellow gold, but unset. Wanted to post this because I love the shot.
Attachments
TL3caratspinelovallegacy.JPG
TL3caratspinelovallegacy.JPG (205.73 KiB) Viewed 2366 times

Post by TL » February 7th, 2011, 9:11 pm
2.25 ct Violet cushion spinel under fluorescent lighting.
Attachments
TLvioletcushionspinellanbo.JPG
TLvioletcushionspinellanbo.JPG (148.24 KiB) Viewed 2318 times

Post by briolette » February 9th, 2011, 4:26 pm
I don't think i ever posted a photo of my 3 ct. bi colored sapphire. It's yellow and blue but in some angels you'll get a touch of green. Cyrus Shennum in Austin,TX set it in a 14 yg Stuller setting...I'd like to get it reset in the future. Any ideas?

Post by blithesome71 » February 11th, 2011, 10:55 pm
Jackieclarkm ur sapphire ring is exquisite! Love that setting :love:

Same goes to arcadian's blueish green tourmaline. The color is so tempting :lickout:

Post by blithesome71 » February 13th, 2011, 5:57 am
It's been awhile since I last posted some gem shots. Now I'm really excited about posting my recently acquired gem

First...

My color shift Lavender Spinel from Vietnam (it's 9.7x8.6x6.3mm) I bought it last month, first week of January from my trusted local dealer. It seriously needs a recut & repolishing ::) **notice the pink flash in some shots. too bad I wasn't able to include some photos taken under incandescent light to see its dramatic shift to pastel pink hue**
Attachments
Viet_Spinel.PNG
Viet_Spinel.PNG (334.81 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

Post by blithesome71 » February 13th, 2011, 6:09 am
Second...

This is so far my favorite gem purchased and I bought it last december along with my indicolite as xmas gift to myself. It's my dream stone & now I finally own one. It's a 5.4ct Brazilian Imperial Topaz. Native cut & windowed but the color hides it. My photos don't give justice on how the golden orange/salmon/reddish colors blend together nicely. It even shifts to a more reddish color under incandescent light. I also encircled the healed-fracture/wisp veil inclusion near the girdle.
Attachments
imp_topaz1.PNG
imp_topaz1.PNG (408.45 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

Post by blithesome71 » February 13th, 2011, 6:13 am
This one is the closest color it shows in RL...

A true classic treasure...

'Til my next post :wavey:
Attachments
imp_topaz2.PNG
imp_topaz2.PNG (389.43 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

Post by TL » February 13th, 2011, 10:44 am
Written by blithesome71 » February 13th, 2011, 5:57 am:It's been awhile since I last posted some gem shots. Now I'm really excited about posting my recently acquired gem

First...

My color shift Lavender Spinel from Vietnam (it's 9.7x8.6x6.3mm) I bought it last month, first week of January from my trusted local dealer. It seriously needs a recut & repolishing ::) **notice the pink flash in some shots. too bad I wasn't able to include some photos taken under incandescent light to see its dramatic shift to pastel pink hue**

I likey!! That stone is beautiful. Here's my new small spinel, 6.5mm. Very little grey, reminds me of a purple sapphire, and very sparley.
Attachments
TLpurplespinelround.JPG
TLpurplespinelround.JPG (44.83 KiB) Viewed 2183 times

2342 posts • Page 56 of 791, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, ..., 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, ..., 60, 65, 70, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79

« Return to Colored Stones