shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Snow Queen" by Julia Kay Taylor

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
(Hi All -- This is my first topic in the new PS, please bear with me! Let's see if I can successfully post pics and whatnot.)

Quite some time ago, I was sent a picture of this natural blue topaz rough.
FPPNaturalTopazRough.jpg

(Drat, hold on, don't know why I'm specified as a Trade Person . . . have to go change that.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it. It looks like aquamarine to me. I wonder why people always heat it!

Deb
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I had Gary Braun at Finewater Gems cut this beautiful asscher from that rough.

FPP-2-Little%20More%20Blue.jpg

3.42 ct. I think it's 8mm.

Thanks Deb -- that's what I thought too! I was intrigued and wanted to see how it would turn out. It's "fooled" a lot of jewelers when I've taken it around looking for settings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cut stone (asscher) is really a knockout!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Then . . . I never did anything with it. It floated around my gem cases while I spent all my money on other loose gems.

Until JKT sent out an email announcing new design times this past year. I signed up for January.

I'm horrible with money. It burns a hole in my pocket! But I knew if I could open my Christmas money, and turn around and hand it straight over to Julia . . . I wouldn't fritter it away on frivolities like, oh, lip gloss and Louis Vuitton.

(It was dire. I barely made it out of Sephora with my ring money intact!)

SO. Design time was easy and fast. Crafting time flew by. And on Friday, I laid in wait to pounce on my mailwoman because I knew she was delivering my Snow Queen.

And it was worth the pounce!
Snow%20Queen%20Hand%201.jpg

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Snow Queen is crafted in Palladium, and the diamonds on each side are 2.3mm I believe. They are bright and sparkly.

Snow%20Queen%20Hand%203.jpg

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I had named the ring "Snow Queen" before we even began our design time.

With the pale blue topaz, and the addition of the icy white diamonds, it made me think of a crisp winter scene. Crisp white snow against a crisp blue winter's day sky. Crispy was the word!

Well, no, actually serene was the word. Serene and austere.

Snow%20Queen%20Hand%202.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I really like how delicately the bezel frames the ring from above.

Snow%20Queen%20Profile.jpg

We went out to a birthday party last night, and the waitress stopped mid-order to go absolutely gaga over it. She was very pointedly asking about the stone and such . . . it made me wonder if she, too, was a PS'er. :lol:

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
One more . . .

Snow%20Queen%20Hand%204.jpg

That's all I've got, thanks for looking!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful ring. Thank you for sharing the story and photos!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for posting this! There are very few asscher bezels that I like - most seem bulky, or the crispness of the corners is lost. But yours is absolutely one of the better ones, and I adore the thinness of the bezel! Long live Snow Queen!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful. She did an aquamarine assher for me also. I think her workmanship was superb.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
this is fantastic! I have a much smaller garnet asscher that definitely needs a bezel now. Thanks for the inspiration :D

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani|1297705170|2851592 said:
Yay for posting this! There are very few asscher bezels that I like - most seem bulky, or the crispness of the corners is lost. But yours is absolutely one of the better ones, and I adore the thinness of the bezel! Long live Snow Queen!

"Long live Snow Queen" . . . I LIKE IT! Much more than "All hail Snow Queen", which I tried to use before LOL.

Thank you for your nice compliments, AGBF, lavatea, Liane, PinkTower, and akmiss!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely! :appl: Julia did a great job executing the bezel on the ring!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting for the stone, especially the addition of accent diamonds into the shank on each side which is what I was planning to do for another stone I wanted to reset.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a romantic name - very fitting for her icyness! It's amazing how much it looks like an aqua isn't it? Enjoy your lovely new ring (and if you go back to that restaurant you must ask the waitress if she actually is a PS'er)!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is so lovely. I also think that people are crazy to nuke anything. I suppose it's not all that pretty color, though.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
She is majestic and her proportions are perfect! Congrats! :appl:

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
You have named your new ring aptly...

She is stunning! I love the cool colour combination so much - it's just so clean and clear...almost ethereal. The side stones just lift it to another level...it's perfect!

Congratulations on a gorgeous ring, Julia has made you a beautiful piece - enjoy!

:))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sooo pretty!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
That is STUNNING. I :love: it. What a beautiful stone in a beautiful setting on a beautiful hand! Off to drool some more...

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is gorgeous! I also don't undertand why topaz is usually heated/irradiated, it's so pretty as it is.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! The cut is perfect, and JKT does such a lovely bezel! I really enjoy the side diamonds, as well!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very very nice! I love that open gallery style.

Laura

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fantastic! That setting is just perfection.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
PERFECTION!!!! I am excited to see your Snow Queen and hope you will post more photos!

Lori

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the diamond accents.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color, and I love that setting. The little diamond accents complement it perfectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results