shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst FASHION TREND you bought into??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe!

I think I can remember the ad for Windsong!

I can''t seem to forget you....
Your Windsong stays on my ...Windsong stays on my...

WINDSONG STAYS ON MY MIND!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just remembering v-neck tennis sweaters and turtlenecks. Actually turtlenecks under everything, especially oversized sweatshirts.

Oh, and L.A. Gear acid washed jeans with embellishment around the ankles, like zippers or bows. And those really nasty acid washed jeans with cutouts all the way up and down the legs. i think that was when Marla Maples was married to Donald Trump and she was doing the LA Gear ads.

meepcat

Shiny_Rock
Mortifying.

-multiple layers of socks
-multiple layers of socks in tight shoes
-tapered pants with wide thighs
-pony tail on the side
-rolled up pant legs (rolled, not folded)
-tight, neon clothing
-spandex around my fat midsection

14.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Ok, Lorelei, this is for you:
"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, never let him forget he''s a man...cause I''m a woman...."

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ENJOLI>>>

I remember someone saying the perfume should whisper as you enter, not scream that you are about to enter the room or linger way after you leave it!!! I spray it in the air and walk into it. My mom od''d on the Clinique Aromatics and it STINKS...Side ponytails...what about the Princess Leia two braids like danishes on the sides of your head

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aviance Night????????

No...that was something like...

I've been great
and I've been good
I've had a whole full day of Motherhood
But I'm gonna have an Aviance NIGHT!

Guy sings

Oh yes, we're gonna have an Aviance Night!

I am making a big fool of myself here
face20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok who was guilty of plucking their eyebrows out until there were just three little hairs left on each and the rest a drawn line?
emembarrassed.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Fan and Lorelei: You're both right!!!!! Clearly my own brain has not survived as intact as I thought it had. I was thinking it was the jingle for Aviance when I wrote it but no.... Now I can't get "I've been great and I've been good..." out of my head. I'm haunted!

Ok, so do either of you remember Huk-a-poo shirts? I wrote it above but I think this group is too young as a whole to know what the heck I was talking about, or maybe it was a NY thing (where I grew up). I was in late elementary school and junior high in this era and was simply the coolest thing on earth (or so I thought) in my wildly wildly wildly patterned shiny nylon blouses topped by tinted Dorothy Hamill glasses and Bad Hair (my hair was too curly to nudge into a Wedge so it was just fluffy and weird). Ok, bear with me as I continue my march down memory lane. The pattern on my most often worn Huk-a-poo replicated a newspaper, but in crazy colors so you could literally stand next to me and read me for a while...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry!
41.gif
I have it going through my head too and the lady tossing her apron in the air too! I don't think we had Huk a Poo in the UK
34.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
That''s my pet peeve - i don''t want to "Oups! Do it again"!!!

TheyHave-ITAgain.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFLMAO!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could I have forgot these?????....Flares... great big flares...ENORMOUS FLARED TROUSERS WITH LEGS LIKE YACHT SAILS...you could fit two fat people inside each flared leg they were so huge and ridiculous
6.gif
These were normally worn with a little cap sleeve T shirt, big thick belt around the high high waistband ( a la Simon Cowell) of the flares and platform shoes as seen in the pic above......To complete the look hair was cut into a wedge and tonged so a sausage like curl rimmed the edge of the entire 'do. That was seventies glamour for you
40.gif

bex891

Rough_Rock
Anyone remember the knitted tabard? Really cool because you could wear a blouse underneath with puffy sleeves!!!

s5156.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2006 11:18:40 AM
Author: bex891
Anyone remember the knitted tabard? Really cool because you could wear a blouse underneath with puffy sleeves!!!
No comment
emembarrassed.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 10:56:50 AM
Author: Lorelei
ROFLMAO!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s not funny Lorelei
38.gif
,...well it is
9.gif
- toronto''s stores are floded with this such style this spring

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2006 12:00:04 PM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 4/19/2006 10:56:50 AM
ROFLMAO!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It's not funny Lorelei
38.gif
,...well it is
9.gif
- toronto's stores are floded with this such style this spring
I wore those first time around! And I have the crooked toes and leftover sprained ankles to prove it!
16.gif
The amount of times I fell over in shoes just like that, tripped up, wobbled, got blisters etc....to all the gals who wear them BE CAREFUL!

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei: This my friend, is a Huk-a-poo. And I quote:
"Fun and Funky Huk-a-poo blouse from the 1970s.
Huk-a-poo was a very popular label for the young and the hip during the 70s. They designed for male and female and many a Huk-a-poo shirt could be spotted on disco dance floors from coat to coast! This little number sports a bold deco inspired print using abstract lotus flowers and fat spotted arrows. The predominant colors are various shades of green and the "flowers" are done in a mixture of tans and ginger. The fabric is a stretch poly knit nice and soft to the touch."
It would look lovely with the sandals you posted and the jeans I am about to post...

Random Ice: I believe I owned that lovely sweater.

hukapoo.JPG

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Add these jeans and you are ready for your own personal Saturday Night Fever.

Anyone know what a dickey is????

fadedglory.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I get it MO3! I remember John Travolta and his buddies wore those in Saturday Night Fever and Mark Wahlberg choosing one in Boogie Nights! Great pic and info!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a bow tie? BTW I had a pair of those jeans
41.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Momofthree, I know what a dickey is. It''s like a fake turtleneck kind of thing. The neck part that extends with the fabric down a bit, but no sleeves or rest of a shirt and is made to wear under things. I used to have a couple. Yuck!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
In like 88 I got sent home from 8th grade because my jeans were too shredded. It started as a harmless worn hole in the knee that I pulled on until the split ran inside to outside of leg. Then I started fabricating other rips up and down the jeans.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2006 1:36:52 PM
Author: momothree
Anyone know what a dickey is????
HI:

I am horrified to say that I do.......
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 3:10:38 AM
Ok who was guilty of plucking their eyebrows out until there were just three little hairs left on each and the rest a drawn line?
emembarrassed.gif
Heehee Lorelei, I have to admit I went down a few hair sizes one time and it was NOT pretty!!!!
3.gif
My father and sister asked me what was wrong with my eyebrows and I told them I went plucking crazy (with no pun intended). We all howled.....it was funny indeed.

I have been singing your windsong stays on my mind and I''m gonna have an aviance night for the past half hour!
26.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2006 3:47:24 PM
Who remembers Kiku and Xanadu fragrance by Faberge? One in a yellow can and one in purple? It was like Brut for ladies!
41.gif
HI:

Sure, but wasn''t Faberge''s all time low a real stinker called "Tigress"? Barf in a bottle.

cheers--Sharon

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
emembarrassed.gif
I live in San Diego, and you''d be amazed at how often I see that now! Drawing your eyebrows on must be making a comeback!

And, here I''ve been trying to get mine to look more natural!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone out there remember ditto jeans? In my highschool in Clearfield, UT, you were not IN if you didn''t have at least one pair of dittos. They had this sort of seam that was like a "U" up the legs of the jeans that went over the crotch part---front and back. They came in cordorouy, too. I must have made my mom nuts cuz I saved like two paychecks working at a taco joint to get two pairs of these so in-style-for-the-moment jeans. Also, I tried to have the Farrah Fawcett hairdo but on me with my naturally curly/wavy hair, it was more of a hair-don''t...
emsad.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 9:22:51 PM
Author: tawn

emembarrassed.gif
I live in San Diego, and you''d be amazed at how often I see that now! Drawing your eyebrows on must be making a comeback!

I admit I do have much there in the eyebrow hair dept., but mine is due to age. I cannot stand to see women of ALL ages who draw on their eyebrows...ugh! I know some of girls and hispanic women I see would be so much prettier if they didn''t yield to this "trend." It is SO unnatural, but then so is the lining of ones lips with eyebrow pencil-and-no-lipstick-but-lipgloss thing I see. I just have to wonder if they really see themselves...

I know in junior high and highschool, I had friends who totally told me if I either had too much going on with either the eyeshadow or fashion or not enough. They never let me make a total a$$ out of myself...

Because of that, when i became a mom of 2 daughters, I stressed for them to see themselves for the girl they were naturally and not fall too much for the trendy stuff. My younger daughter still has some fashion faux pas from time to time, but it is not critical, thank goodness...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK I am reallllly dating myself here. Does anyone remember Dippity Doo and Spoolies??? ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 9:54:23 PM
Author: DeannaBana

Date: 4/24/2006 9:22:51 PM
Author: tawn

emembarrassed.gif

I admit I do have much there in the eyebrow hair dept., but mine is due to age. I cannot stand to see women of ALL ages who draw on their eyebrows...ugh! I know some of girls and hispanic women I see would be so much prettier if they didn''t yield to this ''trend.'' It is SO unnatural, but then so is the lining of ones lips with eyebrow pencil-and-no-lipstick-but-lipgloss thing I see. I just have to wonder if they really see themselves...

I know in junior high and highschool, I had friends who totally told me if I either had too much going on with either the eyeshadow or fashion or not enough. They never let me make a total a$$ out of myself...

Because of that, when i became a mom of 2 daughters, I stressed for them to see themselves for the girl they were naturally and not fall too much for the trendy stuff. My younger daughter still has some fashion faux pas from time to time, but it is not critical, thank goodness...
Just don''t let your daughters shave them totally off and draw them on! My 17 niece trys that one out for a few months...and then goes back to growing them, and shaves them off again! It''s mental for me to watch her go through her stages1. Just let them grow honey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results