shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst FASHION TREND you bought into??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And sparkly shoe laces! Velcro shoes!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 2:39:01 PM
Author: LizzieC
jcrow- did you ever have the hypercolor shorts? Where your butt would change color when you sat down? Hee!
9.gif

nope, just a couple of shirts.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 6:04:04 PM
Author: sunkist
And sparkly shoe laces! Velcro shoes!

and LA Gear!! i had hot pink and chartreuse platted laces...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 6:59:29 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 4/14/2006 2:39:01 PM
Author: LizzieC
jcrow- did you ever have the hypercolor shorts? Where your butt would change color when you sat down? Hee!
9.gif
nope, just a couple of shirts.

Hee hee ... I know how to make ANY pair of shorts change color! Ewwwwww.
23.gif
14.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Two words: SHOE BOOTS
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most have been said, but personally...what I bought in to...

huge aqua-net bangs and spiral home-permed hair
sun-in hair lightening
cuffing and twisting my acid washed jeans
two pairs of socks, 2 different colors
feather earrings
winged, feathered hair
frosty light pink lipstick
keds
jellies
doc martens
penny loafers

I''m sure there are more!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 9:54:53 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Most have been said, but personally...what I bought in to...
sun-in hair lightening
frosty light pink lipstick

HEE! Forgot about these! I remember a specific L''oreal lipstick that was iradescent (sp?) blue/pink ... "Sealily" or something ... I was obsessed with it ''cause I thought it made me teeth look whiter! (Funny - cause I don''t bleach now -- guess I should!!)

The "SunIn" was a whole orange-tinted tragedy for me. And stank to high heaven. Home Perms anyone?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 7:43:29 PM
Author: moremoremore
Two words: SHOE BOOTS
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
LMAO!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
In highschool I went through this skater/tom boy phase where I wore the really baggy pants, not falling off baggy just huge legs baggy. What was I thinking?
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG...SUN IN...I had totally forgotten about that!!!
40.gif

I had a total hair fiasco with that when I was 14 and a freshman...I put some in my hair and used the hair dryer, but it hardly made any change. So I put the whole bottle in...and then went outside into the sun.

Yep, hair turned orange and my Mom was so mad, she made me GROW IT OUT rather than letting me get it colored and cut...WAH!!!!!
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leg warmers...anything neon, jelly shoes (sweaty feet, gross)...anything from the movie Flashdance or the first Madonna movie Desperately Seeking Susan (or any attempt to look like Madonna)...stripe streaks in the hair (chunky and totally a non natural shade)...black lip stick or nail polish, pinning your clothes together...gaucho pants or skorts or culottes...not that I did any of these (ahem)...

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 12:37:47 AM
Author: Mara
OMG...SUN IN...I had totally forgotten about that!!!
40.gif

I had a total hair fiasco with that when I was 14 and a freshman...I put some in my hair and used the hair dryer, but it hardly made any change. So I put the whole bottle in...and then went outside into the sun.

Yep, hair turned orange and my Mom was so mad, she made me GROW IT OUT rather than letting me get it colored and cut...WAH!!!!!
39.gif

Oh my gosh, I tried that crap and ended up with platinum blonde streaks. Luckily, it only lasted a few weeks. It was horrible though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big Dynasty hair backcombed, tortured, tonged and lacquered to an inch of it''s life so it was like a helmet
40.gif

Stirrup pants

Huge shoulder padded glamour dresses with a peplum waist worn with 5 inch stilettos
6.gif

Banana clip hair with acid washed baggy jeans and matching jacket. Little pixie boots to go with it
emembarrassed.gif
Along with a liberal spray of Giorgio perfume
23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW what are shoe boots please?
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 4:34:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
BTW what are shoe boots please?
9.gif
I was wondering that as well as Acid washed Jeans?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acid washed jeans were those which had paler splotches all over them as if someone had slung bleach all over them
40.gif
Tres trendy in the eighties!
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what shoe boots are either?? Would love to see a pic???

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a good story about acid washed jeans.

I thought I would just do it myself. BAD IDEA.

I put rubber bands in, and tied up, a pair of jeans and left them in a very, very concentrated bleach solution (50% bleach?)
OVERNIGHT.

I washed ''em and wore them to school...they looked ''SO COOL'' but halfway through the day, when I bent over, RIIIIIIIP.
23.gif

I went to the home ec teacher and got a bunch of safety pins....pinned up the crotch and various other areas...tried to squat ever so slightly to see if it would hold.... more RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP...
23.gif

I had to wear my bright hot pink gym sweatpants for the rest of the day. Talk about mortifying! There''s a fine line between fashion and ruining the integrity of the cloth.
2.gif

I forgot that I also did the scrunchies and banana clips. That sun-in turned my hair a nasty shade of orange. Not exactly the color I was looking for!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Manic Panic.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Those midcalf boots with the scrunchy tops that you tucked your pant legs into.

I have to say, I have been around for a few decades and bar none, the 80''s were the worst fashionwise. I would have to say that goes for the decades that I wasn''t around too. Shoulder pads. Oversized, long sweaters. High top jeans. Those high necked blouses with the string ties...
I know there were more but I have chosen to block them out of my memory.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is cracking me up, esp your Sun In disaster Mara...I did something called "Summer Blonde" and boy was that a disaster. My mom did let me get it colored again, but I think she told her stylist to really give it to me because he dyed it back to my natural color and then "highlighted" it with BURGUNDY thick stripes. I had to live for a few months with purple striped hair instead of the summer blonde pumpkin orange disaster. Sigh.

Ok here are mine:
80s:
Jellies
Coca Cola watch
Neon from head to toe
Leg warmers (blah)
Shoulder pads
Crazy belts...low slung V shaped belts worn low on the hips, telephone cord belts
Feathered hair, then BIG hair
Acid washed jeans
Reebok color high top gym shoes
BIG bow barrettes in my hair
Suede half boots with skinny heels
Banana clips
Adding jeweled studs to my jean jackets and jean pockets
Wearing an oversized t shirt and gathering the ends in a knot so it made it like a cutoff shirt
Stirrups
Crimping my hair!

90s:
Spandex shorts under a pair of denim cutoffs
Pegged pants of all kinds (jeans, black Cavaricci pants, blah)
Wearing lots of scrunchies at once in my hair
Big hair still
Flannel lumberjack shirts
Spiral perms
Long ankle length flower pattern skirts (sometimes with very matronly patterns
14.gif
)

i could go on forever...heehee

It seems like so far the 00''s havent had any really crazy fashion trends that we will be seeing on VH-1s "I love the 2000s" in like 10 years, unless anyone can think of any!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 1:57:12 PM

I put rubber bands in, and tied up, a pair of jeans and left them in a very, very concentrated bleach solution (50% bleach?)

OVERNIGHT.

I washed ''em and wore them to school...they looked ''SO COOL'' but halfway through the day, when I bent over, RIIIIIIIP.
23.gif

I went to the home ec teacher and got a bunch of safety pins....pinned up the crotch and various other areas...tried to squat ever so slightly to see if it would hold.... more RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP...
23.gif

I had to wear my bright hot pink gym sweatpants for the rest of the day. Talk about mortifying! There''s a fine line between fashion and ruining the integrity of the cloth.
2.gif

I forgot that I also did the scrunchies and banana clips. That sun-in turned my hair a nasty shade of orange. Not exactly the color I was looking for!

FG, I seriously just laughed outloud at your story. I remember trying to do my own bleach too, not overnight though
2.gif
that is just too funny..

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 11:05:24 PM
Author: PunchNPie75

90s:
Spandex shorts under a pair of denim cutoffs
I read this and realized that this trend is back. I''ve noticed girls wearing leggings under denim mini skitrs ...I actually thought i was cute. The next fashion trend.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh mrssalvo....live and learn. What a day that was.
2.gif

I almost FORGOT - SWATCH WATCHES WITH SWATCH PROTECTORS!! Were ya with me people?! LOL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2006 1:57:12 PM

OVERNIGHT.

23.gif

23.gif

2.gif

ROFLMAO!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HA Sevens...why don''t you go into your closet and take a pic for us? HAHA. J/K!!!
I know you had em though! I had lizard green ones LMAO!

No, they weren''t mid calf...
They were pointy cowboy boots and only came up to the ankle! Maybe it was an east-coast thing!

Happy easter/passover everyone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. I'm a tad horrified at how easy it was to find a pic online.
I guess they are still ok...if you are a COWBOY or COWGIRL! And a little girl from long island had no business wearing these monstrosities! But I sure looked fab with these and my Frankie Says Relax T-shirt! LOL

Shoeboots.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2006 10:10:34 AM
Author: moremoremore
OK. I'm a tad horrified at how easy it was to find a pic online.
I guess they are still ok...if you are a COWBOY or COWGIRL! And a little girl from long island had no business wearing these monstrosities! But I sure looked fab with these and my Frankie Says Relax T-shirt! LOL
I wish I had one of those rolling on the floor icons! My white socks with loafers are better than those Moresie! LOOOOVE the white ones! Very Saturday Night Fever!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Long ankle length flower pattern skirts (sometimes with very matronly patterns)"

I still wear those if I want to be poetic and wistful
3.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2006 10:57:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
''Long ankle length flower pattern skirts (sometimes with very matronly patterns)''

I still wear those if I want to be poetic and wistful
3.gif

LOL. I still love long flowy skirts with flower patterns, I think it was probably more the terrible patterns I was thinking of that were the trend i fell under back in the day :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results