shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you wanted for years but still haven't gotten, for one reason or another?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a garden around the house
buy cant plant a garden till we paint the house
have had all the paint for over 5 years
sigh

insulation
have a 1950's uninsullated house
its a bit brrrrrrrr in the morning right now

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
1. A completely clean, tidied, organized and dust-free house. I work at this constantly but the whole package eludes me.

2. An amazing diamond or colored gemstone pendant necklace.

3. A clear complexion without being on antibiotics. Hormonal acne is a beast and has nothing to do with "keeping your skin clean" as the general pop thinks.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Seconding childhood trauma. Throw anxiety on that too. Get lost insomnia while we're at it. Chronic back pain can kiss my @$$ on the way out too.

A lovely blue sapphire in the 1 to 2 carat range would be nice. I save up, don't even get close and then have to dip into the funds for a "need". It ain't looking good.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered "pool" before - but I thought of something I've wanted just as much and probably more -

Cosmetic surgery.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I answered "pool" before - but I thought of something I've wanted just as much and probably more -

Cosmetic surgery.
Interested to hear your thoughts. I had fillers in the upper lip area for 7 years because I looked tired. I wanted to do IPL before my son’s wedding in 2020 but Covid. Now I’m dealing with some weight gain and lack of exercise. I actually want to get my butt in gear and exercise but if anyone wants to share any shortcuts, I’m listening.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
A glorious *fun lights* and multi jet hot tub. We even built our deck with extra re-enforcement to hold the weight.
But so far something else comes up. I love our house but it's been a money pit. We've had to replace the roof, a/c, water heater, flooring... So -as much as we both would love a hot tub- some other costly repair will get the funds instead. We just got our tax refund and a high wind storm came through causing $x,xxx in roof damage! Aargh!! Screenshot_20230312_040425_Chrome.jpg

Go to your insurance company and see if they’ll replace the whole roof. Sometimes the shingles are not made anymore and then they have to replace the whole thing so it will match. We have USAA and that’s what happened for us.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Meanwhile back at the ranch (LOL) my "practical" DH decided we need a new stove/oven because ours might be on the way out...no way to know but it did act up a few months ago and we had the repairman here who said nothing to be done and no way to know if it will last or not.

It is working fine now but well my DH doesn't want to take the chance and wait for it to break down and then be without. SOoooo looks like we are getting a new range and we can only fit one specific one into the space so it's costing a pretty penny. So much for practicality. I mean we do have an outdoor grill which produces yummy meals so not sure why we need a new range;-)

But my DH is the chef and he does make delicious meals so I have to keep the chef happy because I like to eat :)

But cmon...this is as good as any range right?
Double range! Hahaha

seagirtbbqbygreg.jpg

Lovely. What kind is it? As long as you live in Sunny climate you’re all set.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obtainable
A trip to Europe and a large OEC! I'm not asking for much, right???

Things not-so-easily-obtainable...
- for my kids to move forward a little faster toward becoming self-sufficient and self-supporting members of society
- more of those days where I feel high on life and have all the right answers

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
A great dane puppy or five lol

Moving out of California somewhere with land, animals, wrap around porch and few neighbors. Obtainable - once our girls are out on their own in a few years

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it!! I found one in my size! Sorry to resurrect an old thread! lol

IMG_0974.jpeg

Oh, it looks fabulous on you! :love: Your patience paid off, just gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Kim N Yes! I’ve waited and watched for one. Just. My. Size! And I’m glad I did because it was 25% less expensive than I’d been seeing and exactly my size! :dance:
Incidentally, it came through eBay’s new authentication process too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Kim N Yes! I’ve waited and watched for one. Just. My. Size! And I’m glad I did because it was 25% less expensive than I’d been seeing and exactly my size! :dance:
Incidentally, it came through eBay’s new authentication process too!

it is so awsome to read of a success story on this thread
well done and enjoy

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mustangchi I totally agree! It’s such a nice staple to have! Very excited!! Thank you!!

@Austina thank you so so much!! I actually also have my CvB (avatar is the cad) coming this week so likely this will wear very nicely with that!! Looking forward to it!!

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you so much!! I definitely stayed persistent and patient!! :)

That original post I made wanting this band was in March!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings and stack @Slickk. What a great feeling to find what you really want and to find it in your size. It looks beautiful on your hand.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would like to have (own and live in) another house. Getting rid of the responsibility of it was fun for a while but now I am ready to appreciate being a homeowner again. :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a new kitchen. The one now I did 33 years ago. It's not a financial issue, but the huge PIA it would be. I keep telling myself the only time workers will be here are when they do the demo and then weeks later, the installation. I can set up a temporary kitchen in the finished room in the basement and I have a full size fridge down there and have a microwave I've been saving to use for this reason. I also have a countertop oven so I can cook. The basement is a walk-out so I have light down there and can walk out to the yard, but I still can't get myself to start the new kitchen process. I'm just so much older now than I was the last time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results