shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you wanted for years but still haven't gotten, for one reason or another?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A really BIG, juicy, well cut pink sapphire ring. I keep getting sucked into the vortex of antique jewelry and scarcity mindset (I’ll never find this exact thing again!) and it drains my bling savings every time. Or I get swept away in something I fell temporarily in love with, but I always go back to wanting my big pink Barbie ring. Maybe in 2024…

I fulfilled the Louis Vuitton bag dream with my Virgil Abloh when I went to NYC. That was a big one. But I ended up wishing that year I had gone to Europe instead.

Maybe pink ring in 2025, European honeymoon 2024.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is ridiculous. I have owned my house since 2014 and have always hated the deep teal the previous owner painted the master bath. In this time, hubby and I have painted probably 50,000 sqft or more of walls inside and out while renovating properties. We own a professional grade paint sprayer. We have an exclusive handyman/construction worker that works solely for us as well as others we hire for individual projects. But we have never taken a day to paint my bathroom, in nine years. Sigh.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
I found it!! I found one in my size! Sorry to resurrect an old thread! lol

IMG_0974.jpeg

Congratulations!! It looks wonderful with your other rings.

I'm glad you updated this thread. So many relatable replies

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
For me (jewelry wise) I've been wanting to find a local jeweler, and finally sell/list pieces I don't wear.

The selling of pieces is overwhelming me a bit, I'm lousy at picture taking. I did go to a local jeweler Friday and left 2 pieces (1 for sizing and 1 for repair) that I haven't been able to enjoy/wear yet, since those fixes needed to be done.

Unfortunately, I won't be using this jeweler again as the woman (daughter of the owner) was very rude to me. I thought about not leaving my items and giving her a what for, but I really wanted to get these two items fixed, and their bench comes highly recommended, so I decided to have these two items fixed, and then start the jeweler search over.

In non jewelry areas, I want a good nights sleep!! I have started taking steps in improving my chances as I've started mattress shopping.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still a home, even just a co-op. For the second time we were swiped out by all cash buyers. The first time we only had a pre-approval. This time we had a full on mortgage commitment. Still swiped out. I don't know what else we're supposed to do and it's super disheartening.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I want to replace my ER. It was custom made many years ago. We made a special trip to NYC, bought the stone, then had Leon Mege design and make the setting. The stone bothers me, it's too deep and does not look it's size. 4.26ct cushion with side traps and a diamond band. The setting is great, it's just the center diamond is not what it should be. I bought the diamond in a rush and was preoccupied worrying about our home in the way of a hurricane! To replace this ring would be over 100K. I can do it, but I feel foolish doing so.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone bothers me, it's too deep and does not look it's size. 4.26ct cushion with side traps and a diamond band. The setting is great, it's just the center diamond is not what it should be.

But: Is it beautiful? So what if it faces up like a 3.5 ct, for example. Would you really start over to get one that "looks" like four and a quarter?

Plenty of colored stones face up smaller than they might because the excessive depth, while designed to maximize weight, often adds depth of color. I used to be turned off by "deep" stones but now I recognize that it can be a (slightly) more affordable way to get a killer color. I know this angle is not totally relevant to your situation but just saying that there are precedents. Same goes for OMC.

I'm just not hearing that you dislike the appearance -- apart from the "small for size" element. To me it's like selling a lovely home that was a little too much in terms of dollars-per-square-foot and then buying a different home just to get down to the "right" dollars-per-square-foot number. Lotta effort for minimal pay-off.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for meta-comments like mine. If so, I'm sorry in advance!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
But: Is it beautiful? So what if it faces up like a 3.5 ct, for example. Would you really start over to get one that "looks" like four and a quarter?

Plenty of colored stones face up smaller than they might because the excessive depth, while designed to maximize weight, often adds depth of color. I used to be turned off by "deep" stones but now I recognize that it can be a (slightly) more affordable way to get a killer color. I know this angle is not totally relevant to your situation but just saying that there are precedents. Same goes for OMC.

I'm just not hearing that you dislike the appearance -- apart from the "small for size" element. To me it's like selling a lovely home that was a little too much in terms of dollars-per-square-foot and then buying a different home just to get down to the "right" dollars-per-square-foot number. Lotta effort for minimal pay-off.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for meta-comments like mine. If so, I'm sorry in advance!

I like the ring but not the stone. I knew in my gut when I bought the stone, I should have held out for a better quality. 2 well respected jewelers (both known here on PS) commented about the deep cut and the dark appearance at certain angles. I paid a lot of money for the stone and now I'm sure I'd have to pay a heck of a lot more to get a decent cut. The diamond broker does have an upgrade program. I should at least contact him. But finding a new stone also entails a new setting and I'm not sure what I want ....

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...deep cut and the dark appearance at certain angles...

Makes sense now. Please disregard my unkind (but hopefully understandable) take on the whole thing. If it truly makes you sad to look at it, I vote change it or put it in the safe deposit box and start over. If my sense of the world is correct (and it may not be), people who can afford one six-figure ring can generally afford two. :cool2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I like the ring but not the stone. I knew in my gut when I bought the stone, I should have held out for a better quality. 2 well respected jewelers (both known here on PS) commented about the deep cut and the dark appearance at certain angles. I paid a lot of money for the stone and now I'm sure I'd have to pay a heck of a lot more to get a decent cut. The diamond broker does have an upgrade program. I should at least contact him. But finding a new stone also entails a new setting and I'm not sure what I want ....

What about the option of recutting your existing stone so that it's beautiful to your eye? The recut might not be so extensive as to require a new setting, so you could still keep your existing one. Various people on PS have had wonderful results with re-cuts.

ETA: And a re-cut would be much more reasonable, cost-wise, than purchasing a whole new diamond!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the option of recutting your existing stone so that it's beautiful to your eye? The recut might not be so extensive as to require a new setting, so you could still keep your existing one. Various people on PS have had wonderful results with re-cuts.

ETA: And a re-cut would be much more reasonable, cost-wise, than purchasing a whole new diamond!

I love this idea. I hope you'll consider this option, Ann!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

I have toyed around with that thought. And I wouldn't know if it would work until I spoke with someone who can do this. Thank you for reminding me I can do this - maybe, haha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results