shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you wanted for years but still haven't gotten, for one reason or another?

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
My back to stop hurting :P2 but since that will never happen, i would say a horse.
Same with the back which is one of the reasons I don’t sleep well!
I don’t want to own a horse but I’ve always wanted to ride one and I never have. There are several horse farms around here that offer lessons and there is a 4500 county park a mile away that people ride in.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been thinking about this question for a few days and I can honestly say there is really nothing, materialistically, that I’ve always wanted and can’t/don’t have. I guess that means I either have strangely few wants or that I have everything I want… :think:
I’ve been really trying to enjoy what I have and streamline to those which bring me greatest pleasure.
But I would love to own the discontinued extra small Cartier trinity band in size 57 if anyone comes across one :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been thinking about this question for a few days and I can honestly say there is really nothing, materialistically, that I’ve always wanted and can’t/don’t have. I guess that means I either have strangely few wants or that I have everything I want… :think:
I’ve been really trying to enjoy what I have and streamline to those which bring me greatest pleasure.
But I would love to own the discontinued extra small Cartier trinity band in size 57 if anyone comes across one :lol:

Ditto to all of this except the Cartier trinity band!
@Slickk can still have this if anyone finds one - lol!!

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
I have dreamt of having a bi-weekly house cleaner for the longest time. I keep a tidy house, but man I would love someone to just help kick it up that one notch to spotless. I just can’t pull the trigger and hire someone… I told myself when I reach $x in income, then I’ll do it.. I reach that goal and then push the goal post out a little more.

At the very least, maybe pushing it off helped me to reach my income and retirement goals lol.

~ M ~

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Kitchen Aid mixer. I’ve always wanted one but I don’t really need one. I think they look so cool. For me it represents the ultimate kitchen gadget.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have dreamt of having a bi-weekly house cleaner for the longest time. I keep a tidy house, but man I would love someone to just help kick it up that one notch to spotless. I just can’t pull the trigger and hire someone… I told myself when I reach $x in income, then I’ll do it.. I reach that goal and then push the goal post out a little more.

At the very least, maybe pushing it off helped me to reach my income and retirement goals lol.

~ M ~

I would do it. I had someone cleaning my house bi-weekly since I was in graduate school and that was many, many years ago. Then when Covid hit, I stopped. Started up again when it felt safer, but she recently moved out of state. I always cleaned some in between her visits, but at least I knew that everything was getting done bi-weekly. Now I actually have to keep a list to remember what to do in each room and when. I hate it. To me, it's definitely worth the money to pay someone so that you know everything is being done, at least twice a month. Finding someone to clean, that you trust, can be a challenge, but once you do, don't let them go!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Kitchen Aid mixer. I’ve always wanted one but I don’t really need one. I think they look so cool. For me it represents the ultimate kitchen gadget.

Ha! I got one for the same reason! I do use mine some but it sits looking regal on the counter - lol! Good prices around the holidays and Home Goods sometimes has them during the holidays too.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N - Agree..it does get harder to make good friends. Is it because people are pickier? They don't want to make the effort, because all is good in their world?
Judgy? Or maybe they are happy the way they are?
I wouldn't mind meeting more new people, makes life interesting.

A bit of all of the above, I would guess. Like Piper70's example about her friend, some of the couples we've tried to be closer friends with just didn't have the time. :(2

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is me, with a side of Missy’s husband’s practical answer. Because I’m frugal, I take a loooong time to pull the trigger on buying things so half the time I just never do. I like nice jewelry and handbags but I hit a saturation point. Now I’m trying to buy things that make life easier like a cordless vacuum. I’ve been talking about it for 5 months and it’s time ( though funnily enough, the Dyson I’m looking at has a trigger which some reviewers found annoying ).
Sleep is an issue for me as well. Ugh

Oh yes, things to make life easier! I would pay a good amount for a robot mop vacuum that functions exactly like a Bissell CrossWave. The robot mop products out there now don't do exactly what I want.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My back to stop hurting :P2 but since that will never happen, i would say a horse.

I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but mightn't the latter make the former much worse? :lol:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A clean and organized home. I can thank my husband and his ADHD/5 million hobbies for that. :roll2:

In my home, this is entirely my fault. :lol:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Confidence! Who knew knowing your self worth and being confident were two totally different beasts? This shy gal dreams of being more confident.

7EBCDB44-AE8A-48D3-9B4F-151181E3F075.gif
So I’m going to bring two posts together. I have anxiety and low self esteem but I manage to shove myself out there even though I am usually uncomfortable. Our son was a B1G college football player and I became the team mom which is unusual at that level ( highest level of American college sports ). I just put myself out there with the other parents and invited them to tailgates and shared travel info so we could all enjoy this amazing experience together. Now, 6 years after our son graduated, we are still close with 5 couples we met through that experience and we travel together and meet for dinner and shows. If we had been unwilling to put in the time to get to know these people that all we had in common was sons playing football, we would have missed out on lifelong friendships. I could never not be open to meeting new people.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks and @ringbling17, I wish I’d seen your posts before I purchased my nieces shower gifts. She had the Kitchen Aid Mixer on her registry. I had no idea this was such a sought after item.

It is @Calliecake! Mine is polished stainless and I call it a Cadillac - lol! Just shines on the countertop but they come in many colors too! Aside from the looks, it is a true workhorse. Great motor and hands free mixing makes it a true joy to use. If the item isn’t purchased from her registry, it could always be a wedding gift.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks, Shoot!!! She has changed the color of the Kitchen Aid Mixer three times on the registry so I figured I was safer getting the vacuum cleaner and coffee maker she wanted. You are right, I can always give it for a wedding gift if someone doesn’t give it her for the shower. Thank you for the suggestion!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
We are using my husband’s late Grandmother’s mahogany dressers from the 1940’s. We got them as we were building our house in 1998 and I always planned on replacing them but never did for the same reason- no one sees them!
Bedroom furniture. Our set is 25 years old. It totally bugs me, but I find I’d rather decorate rooms that other people see.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
We are using my husband’s late Grandmother’s mahogany dressers from the 1940’s. We got them as we were building our house in 1998 and I always planned on replacing them but never did for the same reason- no one sees them!

We joke that it’s the furniture we want to fall apart and yet it doesnt’! ;)2

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

I purchased a classic silver one, a "pro" model. Then I stopped eating wheat...and stopped using the KA mixer. The only other thing I used to use it for was making hamburgers/meatloaf—and DH went completely off anything made of hamburger. I looked at it as a useless gadget on the counter, so it's packed up and in storage.

Shortly, my SIL will take it to their summer place where they have tons of guests, and she does lots of baking. I'll be glad to have it out of the house.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Something for *yourself* that's actually within reach (i.e. not world peace or winning the lottery). It can be jewelry or absolutely anything else.

I go back n' forth on re-setting my soli. Paralysis analysis strikes me, so I walk away from the project. :twisted2: And then I see some lovely re-sets here, and I muse on it again. And walk away. :roll: There is zero logic in this behaviour. :lol:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I go back n' forth on re-setting my soli. Paralysis analysis strikes me, so I walk away from the project. :twisted2: And then I see some lovely re-sets here, and I muse on it again. And walk away. :roll: There is zero logic in this behaviour. :lol:

^Me too!! I’ve perfected the “getting overwhelmed and throw the whole idea out” thing! :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results