shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 24th Dec till 30th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy holiday week all!!
emotion-19.gif

I just wanted to start off the week by saying thanks to all of you who post here. You all are such a great inspiration and do so much to help and encourage each other, I know we can all be really proud of our thread!

Have a wonderful time now the festivities are starting in earnest, and remember that eating a few goodies will do no harm in the long term, treasure and enjoy this special time of year and create wonderful new memories of family and friends. I shall do the same as I usually do, by eating what I want for the next 3 days, and Jeff ( Hi Jeff!) does the same we find it works well.

I also mentioned last week about linking last year''s Holiday workout thread, for when we are feeling we have eaten too much, we can look back and see we did exactly the same last year and know this too, will pass!

Last Year''s Thread

So have a great time, you all have worked so hard and you deserve it!! Also to those who may read and don''t post, we wish you a very happy Holiday and success in the new year. Feel free to join in if you wish and share your thoughts.

Have a wonderful week my good friends!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas Eve All!

Lorelei, thank you for, once again, giving us a great start to our week. I hope you enjoy your indulgences and have a wonderful Christmas.

Rod, John heard about your dinner plans, lobster, and started looking for flights to Tampa. I just read back through the old thread, Sakai has come a long way from last year at this time!

Dee, hope The Cape Cod Room was worth the calories. I love the fries at Coq d'' Or (and I think they share a kitchen).

Today I''m going to spend some time with my elliptical, get the house picked up for my mom''s visit, package and then deliver gifts. Our dinner reservation is at 7, we''ll look at Christmas lights in Mission Hills afterwards then head head home. No laptop needed this week (HOORAY!). I get to leave it home when we head up to my parents.

Hope everyone is having a lovely, cozy day.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I''ve already started on my 3 day no-holds-barred holiday feasting. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. It''s so nice to wake up on a Monday morning to see a fresh new WWT topic by you. Even in sickness you faithfully start the week''s thread, which I greatly appreciate! I hope you are fully recovered by now?!

Last night we went to FI''s parents'' place for a late late late Hannukah dinner (FI had exams all through Hannukah). Russian food is very heavy, but we eat it so rarely that we couldn''t help but indulge.

Tonight we are having Christmas Eve dinner at my brother''s, and my 4-month old nephew will be there, so I''m excited to see him. My brother and I don''t have much in common, except for the fact that we LOVE seafood. Since he''s responsible for much of the food shopping for tonight''s dinner, I have a good feeling there will be lobster in my near future.
3.gif
And I got a hazelnut chocolate ganache cake for dessert. I have one more gift to get and wrap...so this afternoon there will be some last minute-running-around-like-a-madwoman.

Tomorrow FI and I will head over to my parents'' house for a Christmas. And then we fly out in the evening to Switzerland!

I have to apologize because I missed a lot of the posts in the last few days. Lots of frenzied shopping.

Kimberly, enjoy your dinner tonight! Good for you for getting on the elliptical today. I must admit I have not touched any excercise equipment in the past few days because of this holiday planning.
15.gif

Rod, I hope to one day have a fancy watch! I love the look of Tag Heuers but I don''t think I can afford one yet! We''ll see what I come back with.

I won''t be able to post again until January 6th when I return. I will be sorry to miss all the posts during my hiatus. I hope everyone has a very very wonderful holiday and a sparkly fun New Year''s Eve!! This is really such a frenzied time of year...so I wish everyone a safe time too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Merry Christmas week to all of you WWT’rs.
TanDogMom, I do like the ½ carat size hoops for everyday wear. They show well and sparkle fine. Each side has 10 diamonds in them. My favorite earrings (other than studs) is a pair of leverbacks with a 1/3 ctw cluster; they sparkle great. I would love some solitaire leverbacks like alj’s some day. It is fun to look so enjoy trying on many pairs and styles to see what you want. I am going to be serious on the eating front today and do house work so I hope to at least not do any more damage to myself today.
Monnie, sorry to hear people aren’t buying the bling this year for Christmas. I want things for the house too but I’d never give up my bling. I can’t believe how dirty some people allow their jewelry to get. Yuck. I even explained to my niece how to keep her earrings sparkling clean (don’t know if it will work but I tried). I noticed most of the jewelry stores in our mall weren’t very busy when I walked around the mall Saturday evening. A local mom and pop jewelry store is going out of business and I went to see what they had a sale and their sale prices were pretty high but I was just browsing anyway. One guy came in while I was there and wanted to see “the new blue stone” and the guy waiting on him is struggling through – sapphire – no; topaz – no, aqua – no and I’m screaming to myself – tanzanite! Finally they got there. Enjoy your 2 days off.
Lorelei, I agree this is the most awesome thread around. Everyone here is so positive and helpful and encourages everyone else through “thick and thin.” I will go read last year’s thread later today; I know I will enjoy it since I was in the early part of my journey then and doing it all alone. I have enjoyed my indulgences and know you will be doing the same.
Kimi, have a great dinner tonight, enjoy the lights and have a wonderful / safe trip to your mom’s. I enjoy leaving my laptop behind but miss PS when I do.
CrownJewel, I am nodding my head in agreement about Lorelei faithfully starting our weekly thread. I am often the first or second person to respond each week and I always wonder what I’d do if there wasn’t a post from Lorelei. Have a fun day taking care of last minute things and getting ready for your trip. Have a wonderful and safe time in Switzerland. My husband will be jealous of your trip. He wants to go there and get a watch some time soon. I’ll report back to him what you get.
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve my friends. I must get busy. Laters.
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading last year''s thread was more fun than starting my house work. I am very happy your kitty has improved, Rod. It was nice to see so many familiar names but I was sorry to see so many people have dropped off the thread. I certainly plan to be an old timer WWT''r at this time next year.
9.gif

I like Jeff’s 3 day rule.

But seriously, I need to shower, clean, clean and clean.

We are meeting an old friend for lunch and I am returning my shoes today for a larger size; other than that I need to work on getting my house ready for company tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, posting last year''s thread was a great idea! I made me remember that I started from ZERO at this time last year and have made *some* progress. Very inspiring!

All of the ellipticals were taken when I first got to the gym today so I did 20 mins on the treadmill and then 45 on the elliptical when opened up. Allegedly 630 cals total, but I doubt that will even make a dent in the dinner we had at the Cape Cod Rom last night LOL. Oh well, at least I went!

Not much to do today. I started cleaning up my contacts database yesterdy afternoon and it''s more of a mess than I thought, so that will probably take me a few more hours today. But other than that we''re just sitting around waiting for Santa!

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy holidays all!!!

awesome to link to last years thread Lorelei! i plan to read it later and get a giggle about where we all were then...it's so fun to read old threads.

i have DEF started my 3 day no holds barred but for me it's more like ummm 6 days hehee. at least i have managed to curb the cookie eating a little hehee.

yesterday greg and i took portia out and did a run/walk for about 30 minutes...which was good...we got our heart rates up and portia was SO into it...she was practically dragging me half the time!! so good to know she can easily keep up and sometimes i was the one having a hard time!

sf ballet was great for the most part...we had amazing seats in the first row of one of the primo areas which i purchased about 3 months ago and we had a fabulous view. though i was shocked to find that seated right behind us were 4 children (FOUR) all under the age of 4. parents had to pay basically $100+ per ticket for their kids to sit there, kick our chairs, and complain they couldn't see. seriously, i had this weird epiphany moment where i realized that children are everywhere, there is simply no escape from them, as parents nowadays seem to think that kids belong wherever the PARENTS want to be, and they seem to give no real thought to whether or not it's actually appropriate for the kids to be there. i was sitting there thinking, we are surrounded (there were 2 more down the aisle from us and one really loud one on the left up 3 rows talking to his dad the whole time). 7pm showing in SF. i know that it's the christmas ballet which is for kids too BUT they have 2pm showings which to me is more appropriate for children and if i had a gaggle of kids i'd probably get us balcony seats which are (a) cheaper and (b) filled with way more kids in general which seems like it'd be more fun for the KIDS. i would imagine that people wanting to pay $100+ a seat might be more serious ballet go'ers who are there to really enjoy the show. am i on crack here? i really hope that when i become a parent that i don't turn into one of those people who doesn't care about anyone else who doesn't have kids. and AGAIN, i can't believe that these families pay $100+ per seat to have their kids sit there and complain. gosh...okay rant over but it still boggles my mind. next year we are going to try to get a box with my family, and probably purchase the WHOLE BOX whether or not we have enough people for it just so we can try to get a kid-free experience at least one year!

watch next year we'll probably be preggo or something and it'll be my last non-kid ballet experience anyway....isn't that the way karma works hehe.

after the ballet we walked to dinner, which was at this fab brasserie, i'd requested a table away from the hustle and bustle of the bar and we got a fab table in the corner near the window which was awesome and cozy. dinner was amazing, we ate at this place in jan so good to see it's just as yummy. dinner was some of greg's curried cauliflower soup; a romaine salad with dressing on the side; and a free range organic chicken breast with lentils, escarole and beans. very tasty. and they have this wonderful scharffen-berger pot de creme that is seriously TO DIE FOR. i had so much fun eating it.

anyway...today i would like to get a workout in but i don't know how realistic that is. also i have worked out the last 7 days straight in some way/shape/form so a break is probably okay...except that i have been eating more so i have been trying to do something active daily. maybe a walk will do. also i'm still fighting a little cold that's TRYING to get me, but i won't let it hopefully.

gotta run to the store now and get stuff for our dinner tonite and put the tamales into the steamer. happy holidays all and ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!!! we'll be back to the 'regular' grind come jan and that is when all the fun is over, so enjoy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas Everyone,

Mara, so wish I could taste your tamales. I am so proud of you, for all of the hard work you put in to making those. Your grandma will be so proud of you. My grandma was proud of me, when I took over her spaghetti sauce recipe

And Mara CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR $1,000 GIFT CERTIFICATE. Be sure to let us know what bling you purchase.

Lorelei, Thank you for starting this wonderful thread. I don''t post very often, but I have learned alot from you all.

Hi Dee Jay: Hi Marcy: Hey Skippy

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
soverysweet.gif
HAPPY HOLIDAYS DEAREST WWT FRIENDS!!! We put out the luminarias; tonight is my sisters 30th birthday bash, whoo hoo!!! Also at sunset a few ballooners inflate their hot airballoons and have a balloon glow; it is going to be a wonderful evening!!! I can't wait!!!! I also get to see my pregnant cousin I haven't seen in over a year; I am so excited for this new baby!

Today I ran to Williams Sonoma right as they opened and bought a few things! Then I returned something hubby didn't like to Pottery Barn; I told the SA and she had said "how darn your husband say he does not like your gift." I was in shock she would have the nerve to tell me that and I said to her I rather he love what I buy him then be unhappy (which he feels the same way when he buys me stuff).
14.gif
I almost told her it wasn't up for discussion but then I remembered what day it was and ignored it. I think some SA need some social skills. I also stopped by our new Anthropologie store and I loved everything they had so I thought I better get in shape so I can buy all these cute clothes.
9.gif
It is always nice to have some little purchase for your weight loss goal!!!

I also dropped gifts off at 3 different houses; I am pooped! hehee Tomorrow I am making luch; everything is ready!!

Lorelei, I love that idea of last years posts!!! Happy Holidays to you sweetie!!!

Hey Jeff!!!! Good to see you!

Kimi, enjoy the elliptical; enjoy dinner!!! Have a safe trip sweetie!

Crown, enjoy your feasts!!! Happy Hannukah! Yum, Russian food; that is soooo cool! Hazelnut chocolate ganache cake; when can I come over
2.gif
3.gif
Have a wonderful and safe trip Crown!!!

Marcy, enjoy cooking; hope you made a few things ahead of time. I had my family bring side dishes to make it a little easier!!! Can't wait to eat hubby's homemade bread, yum!

DeeJay, whooo hooo for not turning around when all the ellips were gone! Yay for your workout! Merry Christmas!

Mara, yay for a walk and the ballet! I love kid free experience during certain times for sure! I do love the little ones but it is nice every once in awhile for sure! Congrats on your $1k gift; can't wait to see what you get!

Linda, hey sweet friend!

Hey dearest Rod and Jas!!!

Tan (Gail), I don't have those hoops; I do want some those and yes it was the pic I posted. heheee

Happy Holiday all; may it be a wonderful one!!!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I wasn’t a member of the WWT thread last year, I was reflecting back on where I was last Christmas. I had lost about 45 pounds and was wearing size 3X clothes (a vast improvement over 5X). We had my parents coming over for dinner and I remember I had to shop one day, clean one day and take Advil to make it through both.
A year later I’m minus 138 pounds, wearing size 12 to 16 clothing and shopped today, cleaned today and didn’t even think about needing some pain relief. Woo hoo!
I am being more lenient this year on myself by indulging on some of my favorite Christmas goodies because I know I will go right back on my eating / living healthy routine.
Santa has been to our house but I don’t know when we’ll open our gifts. Sometimes we open them late on Christmas Eve. I am anxious to get my green sapphire ring on my finger again.
DeeJay, good idea to clean out your contacts database today. I cleaned out some of my larger sized clothes today to make room for the new clothing I hope to be buying later this week. I hope Santa comes to your house soon.
Mara, congratulations on winning $1000. Have fun shopping. I think I’m on the 6 day indulgence plan. We have a new Olive Garden in town and since I got a GC for there from my boss we are going to go try it this week. I am definitely sending the fudge and cookies home with my husband’s grandma tomorrow. I want them OUT of the house. Yay for Portia setting the pace for your walk / run. I am sure she had a great time.
Linda, I bet your spaghetti sauce is marvelous. I hate to admit it but I buy the jars of spaghetti sauce to use; I am sure your sauce is divine.
Skippy, I bet the balloon glow is awesome. I got to see one once and it was great. Have fun seeing your cousin. Homemade bread for tomorrow sounds yummy. We are cooking a rib roast with carrots and onions, mashed potatoes, baked asparagus and some dinner rolls. I bought some slow churned ice cream to have with cookies for dessert.
Have a great evening.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all and happy xmas eve !!!

my family just left our house...so greg is finishing cleaning up the kitchen and then we're taking P out for a walk...after our dinner i think we need it!! i didn't get a workout in today, but we've been on the go all day and didn't eat that much until dinner, and the walk tonite will be good for sure.

our dinner tonite was beef/pork tamales and chicken tamales, mashed potatoes, this yummy mediterranean olive rosemary bread, a salad with bleu cheese, candied walnuts, sliced fuji apples and romaine with ff balsamic, green beans with bacon. for apps i did a baked brie wedge with apricot jam and rosemary (a huge hit) which is something my friend makes for parties and i wanted to try it and the artichoke pesto dip from TJ's with flaxseed wheat crackers. everything was REALLY yummy, so everyone was happy. dessert was a mix of pumpkin gelato, this amazing blueberry pie from this local creamery that we love, the blueberries are so fat and tasty and the crust is amazing, and my sweet tamales.

tomorrow we'll have a yummy homeamde breakfast together and open our gifts here at home around our tree, and then go to my parents for the day where we open gifts over there, have lunch, and typically go catch a movie or something. our neighbors gave us this primo wood game of scrabble, greg and i love scrabble but we only had the basic one, so this one is very nice...so we are going to take it over to my parents.

i'm also hoping for another walk tomorrow at some point. back to the gym on wed but until then will have to make do with walks hehee.

thanks for the congrats everyone on the gift from PS...it sure was a great surprise!! hehee. i don't even have any ideas on what to get yet...we'll have to see what pans out.

gail, sorry i forgot to answer this on the other thread but no i never got diamond hoop earrings...i still do want them but i'm not sure what to get....i don't know what i'd wear the most, smaller ones or larger ones. i also have seen the WF huggie ones and they are super cute. but i'm not really a huggie person. so i'm torn. it's one of those purchases i just never figured out so i put it on the back burner haha. for years now!!

skip, hope you see some cool balloon fun and yay for luminarias and christmas bdays. i agree re: kids...sometimes it's so fun to have them around but other times i am thinking 'is this the right time and place?'. marcy, lol re being on the 6 day plan, it's definitely more fun than the 3 day hehee. linda, thanks for the kind words on the tamales, they came out wonderful and everyone was raving about them and ate multiples, so i was really happy. oh and dj and steph...i was dying laughing at the whole loose belt vs stretchy pants thing. i wore my juicy sweats tonite for our home family party, it was def more casual and i was like 'no tight jeans to worry about' haha.
9.gif

anyhow time for our walk then time for bed...hope everyone is enjoying a WONDERFUL evening or night with friends, family, and loved ones....and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 9:30 tonight it dawns on me I should pull out our china and silver for dinner tomorrow. Of course that meant I had to run things through the dish washer and go out to find some silver polish. The china belonged to my grandmother on my father’s side and the silver belonged to my grandmother on my mother’s side so my parents will enjoy seeing them tomorrow. It also never dawned on me to get a nice table cloth or Christmas napkins for tomorrow so I guess plain old white napkins will have to do.
Rod, it sounds like you had a perfect Christmas Eve. I like your tradition of going out today to get just one more gift. My DH went out and bought my stocking stuffers today but I stayed home and cleaned house. Have fun skating tomorrow and enjoy your lobster. I did start my book and will enjoy reading it this week. We go to Tiffany’s in Denver sometimes and I can’t believe their prices. Yes, they have nice jewelry but you are paying a lot for the little blue box.
Mara, it sounds like you have a nice day planned tomorrow for Christmas. We might take in a show later tomorrow as well. It depends on how long our company stays. The 6 day plan is mostly because I am on vacation this week in addition to the holidays so I know we’ll be doing things very much out of routine. At least all the cookies will be gone tomorrow.

As Santa would say, “Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night.”

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Holidays to you!! All my good friends here will be sleeping but here is my Christmas check in from the UK, I am sitting here waiting to cram my 14 pound turkey into the oven! Had a lovely day yesterday, ate lots of yummy food, drank some egg nog ( sans alcohol) and watched the King''s College choir sing carols from Cambridge, I never miss that. Anyway we are having a great time here with the usual festive pants weather ( rain)
emotion-39.gif

Anyone care to send me some snow????
emangel.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is Rods sweet post!!! I will come back later and post I got to run (wish it was in the literal sense)!hehee I just want to say I am so grateful for a rockin WWT family!!
face23.gif
Merry Christmas!

Date: 12/24/2007 11:38:08 PM
Author: Rod
Happy Christmas Eve Everyone!!

We had a wonderful day. We got up and got going early, but sitll had coffee and a scone and fresh fruit out on the terrace. It was just the loveliest of day's weather-wise. I headed out to the Lobster place which is on the other side of town and I got two perfect lobsters. Mine is 3.5 pounds and Charlies is 2.5 pounds (he can't eat as much lobster as I can - LOL) and I also got 3 pounds of Steamers (softshell clams from New England - Which we just love). While I was out getting Lobsters, Charlie was out picking up the chocolate cake and a fresh loaf of this to die for whole grain bread, which is crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Then we went to a little deli for lunch before heading to the mall to do our Christmas Eve tradition, which is to buy just one more gift. On our way home, we stopped off at Starbucks and enjoyed a cup of coffee under the 'oak' with many people we've come to know there. It was such a nice afternoon when we got home that we put on walking shoes and went for a brisk 4 mile walk on Bayshore, and it was just so beautiful on the water. Our dinner at Roy's (Hawaiian Fusion) was just superb. We had an incredible Sushi roll with three differenct kinds of tuna which while expensive was to die for, and we also shared an oyster appetizer that was sort of Hawaiian Rockefeller type and it was perhaps the best oysters I've ever had. For my main course I had surf and turf which as a perfectly cooked filet with 6 jumbo Vietnamese Tiger Prawns - WOW. Charlie had a trio of fish which he said was just fantastic as well. Then we came home, had a couple sugar cookies and watched our Favorite holiday movie - 'A Christmas Story!' And we just got out of the hottub sitting under the stars listening to the palm tree fronds sway in the breeze. It just doesn't get much better than that!!

Tommorrow, we have an eating day planned with some fitness. We're having whole wheat buttermilk pancakes and fresh sausage for breakfast. Then we're going for an 8 - 10 mile inline skating adventure, followed by the Steamers for lunch, then opening our gifts and finishing the day with our lobster dinner and cake!!

Gail, hands down the jewelry store that we thought had the nicest stuff is an old family run operation in Cameron Village, called Bailey's. They are really a class act and had the most beautiful things (real quality too). One thing I think they do that is really unique is they will replace a battery in any watch, whether purchased there or not and always at no charge. I thought that was really a nice gesture and one that had we stayed there, would without question have made us loyal customers. Smart on their part. Anyway, if you haven't been to Cameron Village, it's a neat place to go shopping and I would highly recommend Baileys' for sure!

Monnie, glad you've made it through the holidays. One of our friends is the manager of Mayor's at the poshest mall in Tampa and we stopped by to wish him Merry Christmas today. He looked absolutely like he could fall over. They've been open for the last month from like 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM without a day off. He said sales were just awful this year. They didn't come close to meeting projections and they were waaaaay off from last year for sure. I think it's just a sign of the times with so many people about to lose their homes, jewelery is low on the list of things they can buy. Anyway, woo hoo for making it through the holiday and I hope you really enjoy your two days off! Though I did stop in Tiffany's while I was walking around and they were so busy people had to take a number. Some man was buying an engagement ring for something like $7K and the diamond, while it certainly looked nice, was just a little over 1/2 carat. Rediculous how much someone will pay for the little 'blue' box.

Marcy, enjoy your book!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas Eve and as I type this, Santa has either already been or will soon be on his way to your home with lot's of love and goodies for everyone near and dear to you!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, WWT friends! We have had a fabulous 2 days here! Last night we made a wonderful meal of Honey Baked Ham, scalloped potatos, asparagus with Hollindase sauce, cheesy rice and broccoli casserole and rolls. Yummy. Then Andrew and I made cookies for Santa. He was so excited that I had a hard time getting him sleepy, but he finally went to sleep. This morning he came busting into our room at 7 am yelling, "Mommy, Santa came and gave me lots of toys!!!". He was super excited so he opened all his presents and the boys played while I made breakfast of sausage cheese balls and egg and cheese crossants. We ate around 10 or so and didn''t eat anything else all day because we were so stuffed. We''re about to heat up some leftovers of last night''s meal and then I am making my red velvet cupcakes for dessert. I am going to enjoy this meal, because it''s back on track tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a lovely Christmas and hope you did as well.
Santa was good to me. I got my green sapphire ring FINALLY, some fleece tops, some gloves, Snoopy puzzles and a Joe Cool eye glass case. I hope Santa was good to all of you as well. My husband enjoyed the piece of coal I got for his stocking. Tee hee.
Lorelei, I hope your turkey turned out great. We did have a lovely white Christmas here. It didn’t really snow a lot but was windy enough to get a few drifts and there is easily 6 inches of snow still on the ground. Sorry to hear you are having pants weather.
Skippy, I hope you had a great day your lunch went well. I was excited we got everything done at the exact same time and it all tasted great.
Steph, it sounds like your 2 “boys” had fun with the toys. I am sure Andrew is still having fun. Your dinner sounds great and cupcakes sound divine. Enjoy!
Take care everyone.
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG... SO MUCH FOOD...

Not just for dinner, but all day long. I was like an eating machine!

After dinner we cut into the yule log. It was VERY GOOD but the HH suggested that we throw the rest of it away and I promptly agreed. CAN NOT keep things like that in the house!

No work out today... maybe tomorrow...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We ate soooo much. I was happy because my family told me I made a wonderful meal (they won't tell me if it isn't true).he he
16.gif

I bought a big apple pie and it wasn't the best so I am going to do the DeeJay thing and throw it out!! I asked hubby earlier so me thinks Dee and I wear sharing a brain for a moment. hehee

Hubby hadn't vacuumed up a pile of leaves because it was raining and the other day so my 1 year almost 2 year old nephew wanted to play outside. Hubby and my nephew played for 45 mins outside in the leaves; thank goodness I gave my nephew new clothes since he had to change from getting dirty. I took so many cute pictures!!!

It was a wonderful day for the most part!!!
12.gif
Can't wait to get back on the weight loss trek tomorrow! Sis and I are hitting up the fun shops for maybe a few deals!

Steph, Dee and Marcy glad you day was filled with Cheer! Marcy glad the meal rocked and love the xmas bling!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, what is a yule log? It sounds like you had a great Christmas.
Skippy, I am delighted to hear everyone enjoyed your meal. My family gave me many compliments on my meal too – but like you said they wouldn’t tell us otherwise. I did save 2 cookies for each of us for tomorrow and sent the rest home with grandma. Have fun shopping with your sis tomorrow. I want to go shopping too but don’t know if hubby is interested. I am glad you like my Christmas bling. It sounds like your husband and nephew had a great time playing in the leaves today.

We want to clean out our spare bedroom to get it set up for the treadmill and to spread out my clothes. Yes, I am such a clothes horse I am crowding in to my husband’s side of the closet so I suggested we expand my clothes to the spare bedroom. Of course, that closet is full of my craft stuff, photos and “junk” in stackable drawers so that will be a big project deciding what stays and what goes. I hope to have room to set up my sewing machine in there again.
Tomorrow I begin to “normalize” my eating again. Of course I do have 2 cookies left and plan on eating at Olive Garden Thursday. The good news is I honestly can’t eat that much anymore.
I plan on walking tomorrow no matter WHAT.
Sweet Dreams!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just logged on to my work email to set up my out of office reply. I found an email from HR that the company is having a “Biggest Loser” contest from Jan. 1 to July 31 with teams of 4. Rats. I could have won that contest last year without anyone else being on my team!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all and happy christmas. we had a wonderful day...i got a pendant under the tree, posted pics in SMTR...i am just loving wearing it. and speaking of eating machines, that was us today too. i went all out, no holds barred! i can''t even count the # of sees that i consumed today (love them!)...and my mom had a yule log also, and this christmas danish tree thing that i think i ate 1/2 of. we had some real food too, tamales and filet mignon, salad, asparagus, olive bread, mashed potatoes. we spent most of the afternoon at my parents after doing our thing here in the morning...and then came home and watched the new pirates DVD i got greg. now it''s bedtime...greg heads back to work tomorrow...boo hoo. but we have our small new years trip to look fwd to.

anyway, sounds like everyone had a big gorgefest as well...yay for letting go for the holidays but knowing we can get back on track afterwards. i''m heading to the gym tomorrow for sure hehe. we were going to walk tonite but then it started drizzling and greg convinced me to stay in and eat blueberry pie instead. awww twist my arm why don''t you.
31.gif

nite all and hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy...
40.gif
I have eaten too much. Anyway the turkey came out superbly well as did all the rest of the food and we had a great time! I am itching to get back on the treddy, so I am going to try for tonight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday. DH is taking a shower then we are heading out to see how many of our gift cards we can spend including one to the Olive Garden. We watched Bourne Ultimatum last night.
Mara, your pendant is lovely. I know you’ll enjoy wearing that beauty. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I’ve never tried Sees before but I hear they are good. I am curious, what is a yule log? DeeJay mentioned one too; I can’t believe there is something good and fattening out there I’ve never tried before. Not like I need anything else to tempt me.
11.gif

Lorelei, I am glad your turkey came out great. We are getting our treadmill cleaned off this week and will get it back in action. I’ve been storing all my Christmas gifts on it this fall. I will have my hubby show me how to use it for walking; as long as it doesn’t hurt my knees it will be great to use this spring. I walk outside in the summer, and around school in the fall so trying the TM for the spring will be my plan.
I hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, hopefully the treadmill won''t hurt your knee and I find it quite enjoyable, I have a TV set up on a wall stand in front of it and I can go for an hour no problem! It is a great way to get those walking miles in and also with the incline, this can really eat up the calories too, so go for it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy a yule log is like a cake shaped like a crooked log...it''s a christmas/holiday dessert that a lot of bakeries sell. it''s typically something like coffee or mocha frosting with chocolate and vanilla cake or similar though every bakery makes theirs little different. and they decorate it with things like a plastic tree or santa or something on it and near it with little fake trees and stuff sometimes. my mom loves them and gets them every year for xmas. we had this old bakery that was around since i was little just go out of business like 4 years ago and now she has been trying yule logs at diff bakeries around the area but none of them we like as much as the old fashioned one. oh well!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings from Sanibel! Oh how I love the beach!

A relatively ok day of eating yesterday, considering it was the holiday AND we were travelling. Had about 1/3 of the scallop and shrimp risotto I ordered for dinner last night (oh, so good, but waaaay too much.) Had a martini that tasted like lighter fluid, so swapped that for DH''s rum/pinapple/but not a pina colada creation. Ha. I totally won out on that (only about 3 oz), and STILL came in about 10 calories under my limit for the day (via Sparkpeople.)

I am proud to report that we did a big grocery shop for the week and it is about 90% healthy, delicious, be-proud foods. The other 10% involve either chocolate, creams, alcohol, or salted products. Or a combination of all.

I even did a workout tape today (only 20 minutes of pilates, but since we''re about to take a long walk on the beach, I figure it still counts.)

I hope everyone had the merriest of Christmases.

Tonight we''re grilling burgers and having a giant salad. (And then a beer. That''ll be my carbs)

I send you all sunshine and warmth if you want it, or snow blizzards if you want that.

XO,
Jackie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Michelle,

Welcome here. I pop in every so often. You will do well here. Everyone here keeps you so well motivated. I am sure the holidays made extra unwanted pounds creep up. I got on the scale this morning and there they were four extra pounds that were NOT there 2 weeks ago.
11.gif
14.gif
29.gif
I ate like a pig the last two days.

Let''s see, pies, rum balls. Things I normally don''t eat, nor do I care to eat, they were just THERE!!!

My dear friend, you WILL get those 15 pounds off and this thread will help you. This is a wonderful group of people, with healthy food ideas.

love you,
linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome SDL...this is a pretty supportive bunch which is awesome, but we also give each other little kicks in the butt when we need it...which is why i love it....and all the personalities are an awesome blend.

i am somewhat familiar with your ups and downs on the weight thing...the first thing i want to say is don't be so hard on yourself. people are always so hard on themselves.

secondly, i think you could really benefit from this book i am reading called Intuitive Eating. it talks about yo yo dieters a lot and about the mind games that we will play with ourselves and making 'peace' with food and your body. it also debunks certain things that make you go hmm....like when you have 3-4 cookies you get disgusted with yourself but in reality, it could be that your BODY really wanted some fat or something...and you were just giving it what it felt it wanted. many times our mind tries to say NO to something but our body's chemistry might be calling out for something...and when you 'give in'...we view it as 'loss of willpower' but in reality it could just be feeding what your body really wants. talks about listening to your body more and less to your mind.

i lost 20 lbs between summer 2006 and spring 2007. i have gained back about 8 of them, but most of it is muscle which is interesting. i also don't watch my food as much as i used to and i am much happier for it. tracking calories and nutrition got me down to my skinniest since high school and people said i looked too skinny. now i am more muscular and lean and i look and feel healthier and i can splurge more because i carry more muscle so i burn more calories. building muscle is better than just dieting to lose weight.

anyway, i have no doubt you'll find your way...you did it once but it obviously wasn't in a sustainable manner or else you'd still be there. it doesn't mean that you are bad or disgusting or even that it was your fault, but the way that you lost the weight obviously didn't work for your body or mind because one or both rebelled and now you're where you are. so this time around, you can fix a few things that might have been broken last time and think of it as a lifestyle change so that you don't ever gain back the 15 you want to lose.

afternoon wwt'ers...i just went and braved some holiday sales but in small stores like cost plus so that i didn't have to deal with parking. most of the stores are cleaned out already! i did manage to find some deals in a small hallmark store where i met greg for lunch and came home with a few rolls of wrapping paper. i typically get all my wrapping paper and bags and stuff in the after sales so that i never have to buy it full price! met greg for lunch where i had a skinny flat piece of tomato basil pizza and then tried this natural yogurt place that is in this small town where we went, i have read reviews on it on yelp and been wanting to try it. definitely didn't like it as much as the other natural fro yo places i have found closer to home. this was a little too sweet, not enough tart. when i came home i had a chicken tamale and a cookie. not sure what we're doing for dinner but we might go get some burgers...greg wants a break from tamales!

i also want to work out in some way/shape/form today but my last batch of tamales are on the stove and they have 2 hours left. so i might just do some home cardio interval stuff, and then have greg and portia and i go for a walk later. the real point is getting my heart rate up and that's doable whether i'm here or out walking/running or whatever.

i'm still in my 'slightly indulgent' phase for holiday....i don't think i've gained anything as i looked the same in the mirror this morning thankfully, but i am not weighing myself until at least i go back to work...i am so happy i have gotten away from the scale thing and only do it like once a week now because the weight does not matter as much as my clothes fitting. i would be depressed daily if i weighed myself and allowed myself to get all into that # on the scale, which as we all know, is only as accurate as your calibration, your water in your body, your time of the month, and your muscle vs fat mass. so therefore not really accurate at all hehe.

anyway hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon!!! Hubby and I disposed of all the luminaria bags and the neighbors (since he is out of town) and cleaned up after xmas dinner. We also got a walk in today for about 30 mins. Since my hubby got a Wii for xmas we went and bought games for it. It was a wonderful day yesterday!!! I did not wear the brooch, I can't wait to wear it though.
2.gif
heheee Hubby and I had a healthy day and tonight we are having shrimp and veggie stir fry! I am excited to be back on the wagon after falling off and gaining 4 lbs.
14.gif
So heres to starting a healthy New Year today
3.gif

Marcy, good for you saving 2 cookies and giving the rest away, kudos! That is awesome your work is getting everyone involved in weight loss! I bet you would win!!! Well you are a winner here for sure!!!! Isn't Bourne Ultimatum good!?!?!

Mara, love the pendant!!! I also love all the pics of your tamales; they are beautiful!!! Hope the gym wasn't too nutty.

Lorelei, turkey is healthy!! I bet you didn't do that bad.

Oh Jas, I am sooo happy to see you and you sound sooo happy too! Yay to working out on your wonderful vacation and eating healthy!!! Sanibel sounds so beautiful!

SDL, a few of us have lots to lose; I need to lose 20 lbs so we can cheer each other on!!! I am excited for all of us to do well this year starting today!!! You can do it and we are here for each other!!! Welcome and nice to see you; you can do it!

Hey LindaW, good to see you! I agree this is a wonderful group. hehee Is your pendant ready??? I gained 4 lbs too, dang! We can lose those pesky lbs, go us!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL the book also talks about eating disorders as well. the bottom line is that supposedly if we all just listened to our bodies a little more, we''d hear what it really wants from us. however, most of our lives we have stamped down what our body''s intuition is telling us, and replaced the body messages with societal and mental messages of our own. rather than think...oh maybe my body is requiring some potassium and i need to give it that...you might instead chow down on 1/2 a banana bread and then feel so guilty, but in reality your body is like ''dude i need potassium and if eating the banana bread is how i get it, then start eating''. it is really about how to start listening to your body again, rather than being so strict and controlling with it. pretty interesting. my friend at work did it and she was kind of obsessed with her weight...she gained weight at first which apparently is common (because you don''t know how to eat unregulated, which is no surprise considering how we all impose such restrictions on ourselves)...but then once your body and mind realizes this is not a game or a diet or a fluke (aka like in the past unregulated and unrestricted eating might have led to binges which then led to fasts...so your body would freak out)....it will be like hey you know what, i''m not so into that RUM BALL (linda hehee)...after all. because i know i could have it. or 10 of them. but i don''t even like them!

so anyway, i could ramble on for days about the book. it''s interesting for sure. i have not fully adopted it as it really calls for an entire lack of control, but i do try to listen more to my body rather than what i think i should be giving it. and i eat less of favorite things but still eat them. and if i have a craving for a while, i do it because maybe my body is missing something it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results