shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 24th Dec till 30th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my WWT friends. I’ve lost 3 of my 5 gained pounds. Yippee. Maybe by the time I go back to work Monday I’ll be right back where I started before going on vacation. That would be nice.
I’m making homemade chicken noodle soup and corn bread for lunch. I can only eat one piece of cornbread but I saved calories from breakfast today. I had shredded wheat and fruit so have a few extra calories to use.
Monnie, I am sorry to hear you caught a cold. Bundle up, drink liquids and take it easy. I hope you get better soon. I’d bring you some of my homemade chicken soup if you lived closer. Yeah for needing a safety pin on your pants. Thanks for being proud of me; my face is really changing lately.
Tdiddy, LOL about the shoes being the only thing the same in my photo. That is true; my hair doesn’t seem to vary much either. Thank you for the kind words. Planning your honeymoon sounds fun.
Steph, thanks for saying I am inspiring. I am glad I don’t look like the old me. No worries on those extra pounds; they’ll go away quickly especially with your detox diet.
Jas, how fun to be close to an alligator. Another reason to stay trim – you don’t look like a good dinner to carnivorous animals. Funny you mention I am standing tall, I have just really started working on my posture. No worries about T-Rex, I find it amusing – especially that I stick my tongue out to try and reach further. In all honesty though, now that I can get much closer to the table I can usually reach the center of the tables. I hope things turn out well for your brother; sometimes we don’t understand why people end up with each other. Too funny you take on the personality of the stores you frequent.
Lorelei, thanks for the nice compliment; I have so many new clothes I can’t find room to take care of something else. I do think I deserve them and my DH doesn’t mind at all. Yeah for getting in 3 workouts this week. I am a definite butter eater. I’m like you, I’d rather have a little amount of the real thing than get more of the low fat / lower calorie stuff. It just tastes better to me.
Kimi, I hope you felt better after eating breakfast. I really like the Cadillac CTS, I said no when hubby wanted one because it is front wheel drive. That is far more practical for where you live than where we live. I hope you get a new car sometime next year.
Sharon, butter tarts sounds yummy and fattening. Thanks for the kind words and my goal for 2008 is to work towards being “normal” in weight and BMI. I’m not there yet but get closer all the time.
Linda, I feel for you coughing all night. That is the worst part of bronchitis for me. I can’t take the good stuff for cough syrup either as codeine only stays in my stomach for 15 minutes – you can set your watch by it. Get well soon. Did you go get some antibiotics? Usually I have to take them to get well.
Mara, your party sounds like it was a hit with everyone. I like to clean up the night before too. I hate getting up to a messy house. Yeah for wearing your tightest jeans after eating cookies. Thank you for the saying “Wow” about my transformation. I just might submit my story somewhere. It would be fun to see if someone was interested in it.
Have a great day.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I had soup for lunch, J is in the shower and we''re getting ready to head out for the afternoon/evening.

Mara, no new car in the near future. My little truck only has 77,000 miles on it and it''s been good to me, so there''s no point in replacing it yet. I''m hopeful that we''ll do so in the next year, but who knows. J is way excited about lobster dinner though. The party sounds fabulous! Glad you had a great night. J always tells me I expect too much of people too. I''d be so irritated if people RSVPed and didn''t show.

Marcy, it would be a bad choice considering where you live. We think it''s cold when it''s 60, so no worries about snow, freezing rain and other weather conditions here.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to pick up my "fixed up" aqua pendant but it wasn''t ready. I bought an aqua pendant from (OMG) Jewelry Television a few years ago. It was $39 and the aqua was gorgeous but I hated the mounting – it was large and heavy. I had a jeweler take the aqua and diamond accent out and put them in a solitaire pendant. I really liked it except the accent was not mounted well (it faced down) so I thought well I’ll see how much I like it before I decide to fix it up. Since I found I did like the pendant I took it to another jeweler and asked them to put a .05 diamond on it and straighten up the prongs. They had it all done but noticed one of the prongs on the aqua was cracked so now it won’t have it ready until Wednesday. I love a pretty aqua.
9.gif

Kimi, I am a little fraidy cat on snow and ice so I like all wheel drive cars. I just got back from errands and my car was sliding around a little bit. It''s been sunny for a few days but really cold so now everything is getting a nice ice skating rink effect. If your little truck has been good to you I''d want to keep it for awhile too; it''s hard to part with a reliable vehicle. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
Linda, I would bring you some chicken soup too but something that hot always gives me a coughing fit when I’ve got bronchitis. I''m sending get well chicken soup vibes to both you and Monnie.
Hubby is going to play poker with the guys tonight so I get to run the TV. Woo hoo! I am pretty sick of PS3 games.
25.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy You are so sweet. No antibiotics this time. Nuts. I had bronchitis last month and she put me on them then. She wants me to fight it on my own this time.

I have really bad asthma, so what I thought were antibiotics were prednisone for three days. EGAD. My head was in such a fog, I wasn''t really listening to her, kept feeling like I was going to get sick in her office. I was concentrating more on that, then listening to what she was saying. She explained everything to me again.

I had to call and ask what the prednisone was for HA!!!

I would love some of your chicken soup. I will have to make some, when I feel better.

Linda P.S. I can''t wait to see your Aqua pendant. Bet it will be so pretty

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday Everyone!

We had such a nice and relaxing day. One luxury we still have is a cleaning lady who has cleaned each of the homes we''ve lived in for the last several years. She''s really a sweet and lovely lady (who drives a Mercedes Benz no less) but our cleaning day is bi-weekly on Tuesday''s and since Christmas was this Tuesday and our regular cleaning day, she came this morning. So, we wound up visiting with her and by the time she left, it was nearly 2:00 PM. I was famished, so we went to the little deli we discovered recently and I had a WHOLE Cuban sandwich. Cuban sandwiches were invented in Tampa around a century ago, and they''re made with Cuban bread (crusty on the outside and so good on the inside), turkey, pork, salami, pickles, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonnaise and mustard all grilled to perfection. I''m sure I blew my lunch calorie limit, but it was worth every calorie! So, at the gym, to atone for my caloric sins, I worked out even harder and am actually a bit sore tonight, so I know I did some good. For dinner tonight, I had grilled flank steak and rice with salsa at our little diner we enjoy and it was just fantastic. Charlie had Mahi Mahi bites over a tomato sauce and rice dish that was also fantastic and the whole meal cost us only like $35. Diner''s can be such good AND affordable places to eat! Finally, the weather was just too beautiful to miss having our coffee under the oak tree at Starbucks. We''ll have a regular Sunday, which is pretty much a repeat of Saturday, including a good long workout at the gym, but dinner at home for a change!

DeeJay, that dinner sounded phenominal. What a list of foods you consumed!!

Linda, thanks for reminding me I''m not the "Oldest" WWT member!! It is truly hysterical what the 20 somethings talk about. Some of which is not to be published in a forum! I don''t remember being anything nearly as carefree as they are, but I was not a Starbucks Barista either. I hope you get over your bronchitis soon.

Monnie, I''m so sorry you''ve caught HH''s cold. You take care of yourself!

Enjoy your early morning session tdiddy tomorrow morning!!

Steph, the healthy frozen yogurt is from a store called Caliyogurt (all one word). I believe it started in California. I know there is just one in Tampa (thankfully close to our home) and one in Orlando. I don''t know if they have any in South Florida. I do know I couldn''t live somewhere they didn''t have one. It''s that good and oh so healthy for you too! Oh and I''m quite sure you did NOT gain 7 pounds. Mara was right, you would have had to consume 3500 extra calories a day for seven days to have done that. The scale will smile again soon and the pounds will disappear!

Jas, maybe your sister-in-law-to-be was just having a bad evening when you met her. Ah, families and family drama. It is one reason we live 1,000 miles from my family. I love them, but not close up!!

Oh Lorelei, when I told Charlie you made cinnamon pie with pumpkin in it, he immediately realized you were even more special than I had described!! He is certain your cinnamon with pumpkin pie was likely the best you have ever had and will most certainly not be the last cinnamon with pumpkin pie you will have in the future!!!
11.gif
9.gif
On the skating front, I actually broke my humurous (which was not so funny) skating a few years ago, but it didn''t stop me. I got right back on my skates as soon as the doctor cleared me. There''s just something so liberating about a nice long skate!

Kimberly.........A Lincoln Town Car hun?? Somehow, it''s not the image I had of John in my mind??!! LOL I like the CTS though!

Sharon, Butter Tarts sound yummy and FATTENING! You''ll have to publish the full recipe sometime!

Mara, your party sounded wonderful. I''m with you on the no shows. I think it''s just plain rude to RSVP and then not show up. A simple phone call to explain would have been an appropriate and considerate thing for them to have done. I hope you and Greg have a great New Years trip.

See Marcy, those pounds were not real (fat) pounds. So glad 3 of the 5 pounds are gone!!

Skippy, I hope you''re OK?? Hey LadyPirate!!

If I missed anyone, my apologies. Lot''s of posts between last night and tonight for sure!!

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, sorry to hear you have to battle this round on your own. My worst case was in 05 and it took me months to get over it. I was on 2 inhalers then and they made me really jittery. I had bronchitis all the time growing up; mine has an underlying allergy / asthma cause too. Someone at work swears by putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet and putting on socks before going to bed. He claims you’ll sleep all night and not cough. Anything is worth a try, huh?
Rod, it sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. Your sure deserve it after another tough week at work. I am glad the scale is being not so evil this weekend.
Skippy, I hope you had a good day.
I am watching Shrek III. Laters.
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod and steph...we have the natural yogurt out here too...it's the craze that started in LA...and it's slowly moving all over the place it seems. we have a handful of places here, the one in LA is called pinkberry (www.pinkberry.com). the idea is that it's a natural form of frozen yogurt, and typically it's a little tart (aka lemon tart) tasting.

it's better for you than regular fro-yo which is typically more chemical than actual yogurt, BUT typically these natural yogurt places put a fair amount of sugar into these even if you can't taste it...so a serving might be about 20 cals per ounce like regular fro yo, and sugars maybe like 2-3g per ounce. figure you have about 4-5 oz in a small serving (it's not much), so it can add up. but yeah it's still way better for you as a dessert than a cake or something. and each serving typically has about 1g of protein so a 4-5 oz serving has 4-5g protein. def better than most desserts hehe.

i have tried 4-5 places around my area and i love 2 out of the 5...some are too sweet for me so i stick with the super tart places, it is so good!!! you can get natural or a light natural typically, some places also have flavors like green tea or blueberry tart etc. you typically put real fruit on it, i like kiwi, strawberries and blueberries on mine!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Poo Mara, we don''t have that yogurt up here. I hope they open a franchise here soon. It sounds sooooo yummmmy. I typed in my zip code and nothing came up. What stores do they sell it in?? Do you get the yogurt at TJ''s??

Marcy: As crazy as it sounds, I am getting may try the Vicks and socks. I tried going to sleep, but am awake from the coughing again. My Dr. gave me a scrip for cough medicine, but it only works for about 2 hours, then I am up coughing again. Geez!!!!!

Skippy sweetheart are you OK?? We aren''t being nosy, just concerned.

Night all.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda...down here it''s not Pinkberry. We have a bunch of independent places. You can search for ''tart natural yogurt'' or something like that on Yelp.Com and see what comes up. That is how I found the ones local to me. A few of them down here are Frozos in Santa Clara near the University, Harmony in San Carlos (tried that one last week, a little too sweet for me but Greg thought that more of the masses would like it), Willow Glen Frozen Yogurt in Willow Glen SJ carries a tart natural as well as all their other regular Frozen Yogurt. There''s one in Los Gatos, I think it''s called Cafe Delatti. And there''s one in Palo Alto called Fraiche. Also I am sure SF has one or two places too. Pinkberry is the original one but a ton of other companies spawned similar products. You can''t get it at TJ''s or anything, it comes out of a frozen yogurt type machine but it''s natural yogurt. My two faves so far are Frozos and Willow Glen since I like it really tart, not sweet.

Evening all! Just a quick check in before bed. Today we took down our upstairs tree and I packed away some of our xmas stuff, we''ll do the rest when we return. We leave tomorrow around noon for our trip to Mendocino, I''ve Yelped a few places that are supposedly must check-outs...we have been there before but it''s been 3 years so we''re excited. We have dinner ressies at Cafe Beaujolais for NYE with our friends, we have eaten there before and it''s DIVINE. We''re also taking some books with us and our travel scrabble game, our travel iPod speakers etc...because our jr suites are supposed to be divine so we plan to spend a lot of relaxation time in the room!! Oh and a champagne or two as well. We''re going with some friends, but we''re meeting them up there, so on the way we plan to stop at our fave small hole in the wall breakfast place in San Mateo. Also we got a new Garmin GPS for Xmas so Greg is excited to try that out on the trip.

We did a walk/run today around the big rose garden area again, about 40 minutes total...I was pretty tired afterwards. Our neighbors have horrible colds and tonite I felt kind of like I was getting sick so I took some echinacea and hopefully that kills it because I seriously do not want to be sick for the next few days!! For dinner we ate at this yummy local hole in the wall Indian place where we had way too much fab naan and I had some chicken tikka and raita as well. PB cookies and leftover hot apple cider for dessert while Greg and I powered through two games of Scrabble (I won both times, hee hee...I am such a Scrabble whore!)...!

So anyway time for bed now...hope everyone is having a great weekend. If I don''t manage to check in tomorrow before we take off, have a fabulous New Years Eve and Day everyone...!! Here''s to a wonderful, fit & happy 2008 for all of us!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, thanks for the info on the yogurt, I will check it out. We LOVE Mendocino, it is so beautiful. Have a great trip and a fantastic New Year''s Eve.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee, thanks for the kind words Rod and everyone! The cinammon pie with punkin in it was so DELICIOUS and the way I made this one is definitely a keeper, Hubby adored it and said it was the best pie EVER! Maybe Charlie and I should open a pie shop?

I can see it now....Charelei's Cinnapies
31.gif
Has a nice ring to it....
9.gif

Got in another workout last night, so quite delighted with myself for once!
41.gif

Mara, have a wonderful time and happy new year to you and Greg!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello WWTers! Well, thanks for all the encouraging words about my holiday weight gain. I weighed again this morning and I was down 3 lbs, so now I just have 4 more to get rid of from the holidays...doesn''t quite seem as daunting. Breakfast was an egg white omelet with 2% cheese and a little ham and a bowl of oatmeal. I went for a 1.5 mile run and then came back to the house to pick up the dog and walked another 1.5 miles with her. So far, so good on the detox thing. I got a craving for something sweet yesterday, but I satisfied it with fruit and yogurt.

Linda, I hear what you''re saying about some of the LF products. Mayo doesn''t bother me b/c I only eat a little and mix it with things so I can''t really taste a difference. I use LF sour cream and LF cheese and cream cheese, but FF makes me gag. Also, I cannot eat LF peanut butter, I have to have the real thing if I eat any at all. Sorry you are not feeling well...sending get well hugs to you!

Lorelei, great for you for the 50 min workout yesterday! Thanks for the reminder about the water, I really drank a lot of it yesterday and I think it helped.

Mara, thanks for the encouragement, girl! I know I didn''t eat an extra 3500 cals everyday so I''m guessing some of it is water weight from all the extra sodium. I hope you have a blast on your trip!

Marcy, yea for the 3 lb. loss! Your soup and cornbread sounds super yummy. I love cornbread! I can''t wait to see your aqua pendant...I love aquas!

Kimi, hope the lobster dinner was delish!

Rod, sounds like you had a fab. day yesterday. I googled your frozen yogurt place, it looks awesome! We have family in Tampa and St. Pete, so if we are there visiting, I will have to try it. I am going to be on a mission to find a similar place here. I figured Los Olas would have some place like that, I will have to do a search.

Hi, Skippy! Hope everything''s okay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! I am sad; this is my last day off from work. Rats. At least this is a 4 day work week. Woo hoo for that!
Today I am making toast, eggs and hash browns for BF. I use very little oil in the hash browns and just weigh what I eat. Lunch today is homemade tacos with 96% lean hamburger and 2% cheese. Tomorrow night we are having friends over but they don’t eat much so the snacks I’ll put out will be lite popcorn, baked lays and raw veggies. My husband has some cheese we can slice up and put out with crackers. I plan on being good so I can get in to the 170’s at some point soon. Silly holidays.
Linda, since I’ve been there myself I would try the Vicks on the foot too. It’s so hard to sleep when you are coughing so much. I hope it works for you.
Mara, your trip and plans for Mendocino sound terrific. Have fun and have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! My DH hates to play scrabble with me; I almost always loose but I mess the board up using small words, I always end up with the odd letters like j, z, g, etc with little or no vowels. I like your thought for 2008 for all of us. Good plan!
Lorelei, your cini pumpkin pie shop sounds great. You and Charlie will be rich and famous. How cool is that?
Steph, yeah for loosing 3 pounds already. I have to loose 1.3 more now to be back to where I was before the holidays and my vacation. I don’t like ff food either. I finally quit using it when I noticed it ended up like cement on knives and forks; how good can that be for your insides? I will post a picture of my pendant when I get it. Aquas actually started me down the path of buying jewelry. I wanted a nice aqua ring so started hitting the jewelry stores and online shopping and the rest is PS history. Oh well, I’ve enjoyed my jewelry shopping and don’t plan to stop any time soon. It’s a hobby that is only expensive, not fattening so how can that be bad?
Skippy, I miss you. I hope you are okay.
Have a great day everyone. For those of you taking off early, have a wonderful New Year’s!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Steph, those three lbs. will melt off in no time.

Mara, have a wonderful trip! It''s been years since I''ve been to Mendocino, such a beautiful place.

Rod, the Cuban sandwhich sounds delish! Glad you enjoyed it. We have a great little local restaurant called Miami Grille that serves "Floridian" food. A mix of Cuban, Spanish, etc. it''s one of our fave restaurants. Yeah, the Town Car thing has thrown me for a bit of a loop. Until we were married John always had two cars: a large truck of some sort for work and a sports car (a Mustang and a Mercedes SLK most recently). When I quit working full time he sold the sports car, now all he talks about is town cars. Yesterday he fell in love with the Cadillac DTS. He''s all about comfort, and I think that is what is this about. It cracks me up, whatever the reasoning. He is, on all accounts, quite an anomaly. The two of you would get along fantastically, though, he loves schedules and peace and quiet.

Lorelei, if you open up a cinnamon pie shop, I''m so coming to the UK.

So that funky feeling has turned into my being sick. I slept for 11 hours last night and am feeling not so great this morning. Between funky stomach and a cold.... John has ordered a day of rest.

I''m off to eat oatmeal.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2007 11:17:29 PM
Author: Rod
Happy Saturday Everyone!

We had such a nice and relaxing day. One luxury we still have is a cleaning lady who has cleaned each of the homes we''ve lived in for the last several years. She''s really a sweet and lovely lady (who drives a Mercedes Benz no less) but our cleaning day is bi-weekly on Tuesday''s and since Christmas was this Tuesday and our regular cleaning day, she came this morning. So, we wound up visiting with her and by the time she left, it was nearly 2:00 PM. I was famished, so we went to the little deli we discovered recently and I had a WHOLE Cuban sandwich. Cuban sandwiches were invented in Tampa around a century ago, and they''re made with Cuban bread (crusty on the outside and so good on the inside), turkey, pork, salami, pickles, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonnaise and mustard all grilled to perfection. I''m sure I blew my lunch calorie limit, but it was worth every calorie! So, at the gym, to atone for my caloric sins, I worked out even harder and am actually a bit sore tonight, so I know I did some good. For dinner tonight, I had grilled flank steak and rice with salsa at our little diner we enjoy and it was just fantastic. Charlie had Mahi Mahi bites over a tomato sauce and rice dish that was also fantastic and the whole meal cost us only like $35. Diner''s can be such good AND affordable places to eat! Finally, the weather was just too beautiful to miss having our coffee under the oak tree at Starbucks. We''ll have a regular Sunday, which is pretty much a repeat of Saturday, including a good long workout at the gym, but dinner at home for a change!

Sharon, Butter Tarts sound yummy and FATTENING! You''ll have to publish the full recipe sometime!
HI:

Rod: That sandwich sounds devine....M M M!! And yes, perhaps I''ll publish that recipe next Christmas along wiht the pastry made with butter and sour cream!! They really are worth exercising for!
9.gif

Mara: it is disheartening when folks a re "no shows" after RVSP''ing; but I am sure those who attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Hope you stay well and manage two glasses of bubbly!

LL: your pie sounds fab....and all that cinnamon helps with the old blood sugar, so total bonus!!
36.gif

I will not be exercising today--just running around the mall with Christams returns. That ought to be enuf!!
14.gif

Enjoy your day folks, and hope those who are not well are feeling better soon!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sweet aunt passed away yesterday morning and I ended up not having a good day for wise or workout wise. It has been a bit difficult and of course I will keep the good memories dear to me.
15.gif
Hubby gave extra hugs which are always welcome. I found some beautiful pink roses to give to my mom. I guess since I had 2 other family members pass this year it sort of hit me now lately and makes me aware of enjoying my life the best way I can since my dear aunt did; I am looking forward to a New Year for sure!

On a happier note today I am making a healthy veggie filled beef stew! I also ordered a bunch of my favorite low cal/high fiber bagels online for snacks and I am loving these fuji apples from costco! I plan to take down the tree today, we pulled all the boxes out of storage and I also plan to get a nice walk in; I think that would do me a lot of good. Thank you for all your support dearest friends; I am lucky to have you as my pals!
12.gif

Jas, you cracked me up w/you being arrested in the VS store, LOL, you are tooooo cute! I sometimes want to be a chef when I leave Williams Sonoma too! Sorry about the future SIL, hopefully she will get better like fine wine
2.gif

Steph, sounds like you are on the healthy track food wise and that is very good!!

Linda, I am like you I hate LF mayo, I just need a tiny dab but now I am loving honey mustard as a lower fat alternative. Hope you are feeling better sweetie and thanks for your sweet words!

Lorelei, yay for your workouts and lots of water!!!

Mara, glad your party was fab! Love your friends princess! Have a safe trip and lots of fun!

Marcy, I love that picture of you and your journey, you look fab and should be so proud! Hugs for an awesome job and yay to 3 lb loss! Thanks for your sweet words.

Kimi, I think my Saab and CTS are on the same platform or something; they are almost the exact same inside when I test drove one. I love the ride! I never rode in a town car but they look luxurious! I hope you feel better soon, darn stuff going around. Hugs.

Rod, I love cuban sandwiches!!!! If I ever go visit we have to have one together. heeheee Thanks for asking about me friend.

Sharon, you will get lots of exercise running around the mall; hope the knee is better. My doc suggested glucosamine and strengthening the muscles around the knee.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, a day of rest and relaxation will do you good. I hope you feel better soon.
Sharon, I agree many of the Christmas treats are worth some extra exercise. Have fun running around the mall. We are going out to Pier 1 to look for some cheap champagne glasses for tomorrow evening.
Skippy, I am so very sorry to hear about your aunt. May the many happy memories you have with her help you through the coming days. I am sending you a big hug my friend. My thoughts are with you. Thanks for the kind words about my picture. I took one over to my parents yesterday and my dad was pretty excited and said he was so happy I’d decided to do this. I hope you have a lovely walk today. Take care.

Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy Dear,

I had a feeling that is what happened. I am so, so sorry to hear of your aunt''s passing. It is so hard to go through. I am also sorry, you have lost other family members too this year, that makes it equally hard.

Wish I lived closer to you, so I could give you a big hug. I am thinking of you my sweet friend.

You will always have memories in your heart.

Love you,
Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, biggest hugs outgoing to you and your family during this time.

I went to the gym earlier (fourth time this week!!!) and did my usual 65 mins on the elliptical. I got a burst of motivation and did the last 15 minutes with some vigor, so that was nice.

This morning I heard this crazy lapping sound coming from the bathroom. The pups were licking the sweater from the other night that the ginger ball exploded on. It fell between the vanity and the tub and I didn't see it, but apparently they sniffed it out!

Last night we went to dinner with my best friend from law school. It was an Italian restaurant and I REALLY wanted some pasta, but I had chicken saltonbucca (sp?) instead. Given all the butter and other bad things in the chicken dish though I might as well have had the pasta, LOL. We're going out again tonight with some friends. Tomorrow night we have a party to go to. New Year's Day one of my friends has a black tie brunch at his house. FOOD FOOD FOOD EVERYWHERE!!!

Have to bolt--just did a showing for someone since they're out of town and I've got another one I promised to cover in an hour. If this is how it is on Dec. 30 in a BAD market I'm going to have to clone myself when the market turns around to be good again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 2:33:08 PM
Author: Skippy123
My sweet aunt passed away yesterday morning and I ended up not having a good day for wise or workout wise. It has been a bit difficult and of course I will keep the good memories dear to me.
15.gif
Hubby gave extra hugs which are always welcome. I found some beautiful pink roses to give to my mom. I guess since I had 2 other family members pass this year it sort of hit me now lately and makes me aware of enjoying my life the best way I can since my dear aunt did; I am looking forward to a New Year for sure!
Skippy, I'm so sorry to hear.
console2.gif
You have my sympathy.

And this would answer my question, no need to address it.
2.gif

Take care you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 3:19:44 PM
Author: Ellen
Skippy, I'm so sorry to hear.
console2.gif
You have my sympathy.

And this would answer my question, no need to address it.
2.gif
Thank you, I put a note for you in my Who's Who, I got sidetracked by Alj's gorgeous new earring jackets!!! Man, you and her have the best photography skills!

Many thanks DeeJay, Linda, Ellen and Marcy.

On a happier note my stew smells wonderful. I have a little trick to get my veggies in. I use V8 for the soup and lots of carrots, onion, easy on the potatos and peas. It is perfect stew weather.

DeeJay, yay for doing chicken, kudos! Hope you sell a house today!

p.s sorry to hijack the workout thread, you all are so supportive and wonderful.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I am so very sorry. I had a feeling that is what had happened. So sorry and sending big hugs your way. She was very lucky to have such a sweet family that loved her so much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skip, I also was concerned, I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers sweetheart.
emrose.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Dearest Skippy so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved aunt. You were both so blessed to have such a close relationship and your family is in my thoughts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2007 2:33:08 PM
Author: Skippy123
My sweet aunt passed away yesterday morning and I ended up not having a good day for wise or workout wise.
HI:

Miss Skippy, I am very sorry for your loss. Of course you are upset. I recently attended the funeral of my much loved Uncle (Dec. 20th), so I relate to how sad you feel. Keep well.

kind regards, Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a 40 min walk in; it was nice that it was in the 40's instead of the 30's.

Sharon, I am sooo sorry about you beloved Uncle; it really is hard and you don't realize how difficult it is until it happens to you. Sending lots of prayers your way and thank you for your sweet words! Hugs outgoing to you Miss Sharon ((()))

Steph, Lorelei and Katebar, thank you; your prayers and good thoughts mean a lot dearest friends! Thank you
emrose.gif

Linda, thanks for being a sweet momma bear.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie/Skippy: I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a difficult year for you and your family. Enjoy your wonderful memories of her and know you have them with you always. My most sincere sympathies.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, yeah for getting in a great workout today. Too funny the pups found your sweater. It sounds like you have lots of parties to attend. There is food everywhere. The couple we have coming over tomorrow eat like birds so I am not even putting out much food when they are here.
Skippy, I am drooling over those lovely new earring jackets too. PS is making my jewelry wish list expand all the time. I hope your stew is as good as it smells. Take care of yourself as I know the next few days will be difficult.
Sharon, I am very sorry to hear about your uncle. My thoughts are with you too.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I had a feeling that had happened and I'm so so sorry for your loss! You've had enough loss this year. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I have sent you a warm and loving hug and I hope you can feel it! I would so love to have a cuban sandwich with you (and yogurt and coffee under the oak and go skating) if you ever did find youself visiting Tampa!!

Steph, I'm sorry about your loss too! It's such a tough time of year to lose one's we love. I remember losing my grandmother near Christmas and it hurt's a little bit more during the holiday's for sure. I'm sending you a big hug too! On another note, if you have a natural food store near you, you might want to check out a mayonnaise alternative called Vegannaise. It has NO cholesterol, is much lower in calories and as much as I love mayonnaise, I like vegannaise even better. It's a really healhy alternative, which you'll only find in the refrigerated section as it has to be sold cold.

Glad you're doing so much on the elliptical DeeJay! Sounds like you've surely had some fun eating thrown in too!!

Mara, our natural frozen yogurt shop (Caliyogurt) is the super tart stuff and has like 20 calories/ounce with no fat and no cholesterol and like you said about a gram of fiber/ounce as well. They only have two flavors, plain and green tea. I alternate between green tea with either blueberries or fresh pineapple and plain with fresh strawberries. It's an addictive treat and one that hasn't seemed to increase my waist size!!!

Lorelei........Charlie LOVED the name "Charelei's Cinnapies" and he said he'd be over soon for a meeting!!! Of course he won't get very far without me!! So if we get laid off, we'll just head on over and put a business plan in place and maybe we'll just start that business!! Wouldn't that be a hoot??!!

Marcy, I have to work tomorrow too. Yuck. But, I'm not planning on working a full day. I'm going to just slip out the door around 2 and meet Charlie to buy whatever goodies we'll have for New Year's Evening at home tomorrow night.

Kimberly, you'll have to see if the Miami Grill makes an authentic Cuban. They actually have contests here to determine who has the absolute best one in town. And I'm sure I'd get along great with John, even if he does have an odd itch car-wise!!! LOL I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better quickly!

Today, was a very nice day. It was warm, but too windy to sit out on the terrace, so we had coffee, scone and fresh fruit in the great room with a kitty glued to our shoulders! Then we headed out for a quick lunch and coffee under the "oak" before hitting the gym for a very productive and also pretty long workout. As is typical for me on a Sunday, I work out extra hard because Monday will be a day of rest (from the gym). Our gym is open New Year's Day, so we will workout during the day. For dinner, we had fresh salmon, butternut squash and fresh silver queen corn. I'm not sure where this corn came from, but man was it ever fresh and good. So sweet and crackly!!

I'll check in tomorrow (and remember that Dear Lorelei will have started a new week for us) evening. Till then, I hope everyone is looking forward to a SAFE and HEALTHY New Year's Eve celebration!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a lovely day, Rod! I actually have a strange car itch now too; I fell in love with the Buick Enclave. It''s an SUV, it is so amazingly comfortable and quite attractive. The whole kid factor (whether or not we''ll have one or two) comes into play. If we buy me a car in the next year or so we''ll have to have decided that and purchase a car that will accomodate a car seat, or not, depending on our decision. I was in love with Volvo S40s forever, but they have such tiny backseats. A friend owns one and her son''s carseat barely fits, and it makes the front passenger very uncomfortable. I''m over my love now of Volvos now, though, and if we don''t have kids the Audi A4 is at the top of my car list. If we do the Passat wins. If I want an SUV the Enclave or Lincoln MRX will be my choice. My head is spinning, I''m not ready to make these decisions (the car is much less of a commitment than a kid!!). Sorry for the rambling, this is what''s rattling around in my sick brain today.

So I''ve done nothing, and I mean nothing, but read and watch TV. I stomached some crackers for lunch and started feeling better. J made turkey chili and salad for dinner. I couldn''t finish, but it was a nice dinner. I''m hoping to feel much better tomorrow. J has said he''ll be in charge of dinner, he''s making a filet roast and who knows what else. He''s so fantastic about taking care of me when I feel crappy.

Hope everyone is having a nice end to their week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results