shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 24th Dec till 30th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim here's what our menu is tonite....or shaping up to be anyway!! We have about 18 people so hopefully this is enough food, but I imagine most people will be drinking!

Drinks:
Champagne Sparkling Punch
Hot Mulled Apple Cider
Non-Alcoholic Pear and Apple Ciders
Eggnog spiced with Rum or Brandy
Various wines

Appetizers:
Cutup beef/pork tamales with toothpicks
Smoked salmon cream cheese dip with dill, crackers
Baked raspberry rosemary brie, bread or crackers
Artichoke Pesto from TJ's, crackers
Cutup dried sausage, cranberry cheddar cheese, crackers
Garlic filled olives; bleu cheese filled olives
Curried shrimp salad in romaine leaves
Mini mac and cheeses with gouda and emmenthaler, baked in mini muffin cups (got from latest Food & Wine!)
Random TJ appetizers in the frozen aisle (still have to go see what they have but probably mini seafood/crab cakes; potstickers and something else)

Small/Easy Desserts:
Variety of european small cookies
TJ truffle cups
Fudge bites
Orange chocolate hazelnut filled rolled wafers
Cutup sweet tamales with toothpicks

I was going to make a fun martini for the night, like make one up for the party, but I have done the champagne punch before and it's a huge hit typically, plus we have a huge beautiful optic glass punch bowl so it's more fun on presentation and then we aren't stuck in the kitchen making people drinks. I'm just trying to keep things easy for ourselves so we can enjoy the party rather than be prepping and cooking stuff.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara: You serve the BEST food at your parties. I haven''t had a chance to say that I LOVE your new pendant. I agree it looks HUGE on you.

Well, I lost two of the pounds I gained, but... I have bronchitis AGAIN. Eeeegad, that nasty stuff will not leave me alone. Every time my grandboys get sick, I get sick.

DJ: I can''t wait to hear what you and DH are going to eat at that great restaurant.

Rod: I am sorry to hear that work is nasty again.

Jas: Bet you are loving Florida right now. It is so cold and raining here in Calif. Send some of that warm weather here. You too Rod.

Kimberly: Glad you have another week off: Enjoy yourself.

Hey Skippy!! Hey Steph!!!

I''ll check in back later.

LInda

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: that menu sounds divine!!! I made those mini macs for thanksgiving and they are heavenly!!

All this talk of yummy food is keeping me distracted, I really need to start working out more and eating right. This baby weight is obviously not just falling off me!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas!! I''ve only exercised once since coming back into town from the big turkey day elsewhere, seems like the time just gets away....however my weight is the same as always (around 114 lbs), but I really feel like I should be more active. On holidays I am lazy--but the flip side is at least my knee is resting and therefore not sore!! Oh I promised to bake my son some more butter tarts....I better get on it! (but not today...
9.gif
)

Anyway, enjoy your day folks! Keep well!!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I walked 3 miles in 45 mins; it is 29 degrees out, burrrr. I am defrosting as I type this now. hehee
lol.gif

Today I got up early to start returning gifts that did not fit or looked weird on me or hubby and then I went to REI. REI is having a great sale; I bought sunglasses for myself and Keen boots for hubby (he wasn't with me so good thing they fit). That store makes me laugh, every time I go in I leave pumped/jazzed
arniesmile.gif
that I am going to turn into a granola biker, hiker, rock climber world traveler. I know it is silly but that is the way I feel after I leave that place. Do others feel that way?? hehee

Tonight I am making whole wheat pasta chicken italian sausage. We also rented up a few movies, Knocked Up, Ratatouille (sp?) and the Simpsons.

Welcome, Mrs. Flutter! Your little guy is adorable!

Jas, sounds like you are having a fab time. Honey, I have seen your wedding pictures, you look fab, nowhere close to mooing, hehe, silly girl. You are so sweet; I need to you move out here pretty please; NM is in desperate need of teachers. You are totally good for my self esteem, thank you and I feel the same about you!!!

DeeJay, the doctor said it should take something like 2-3 months for the glucosamine to work, ugh! Wow, your many course meal sounds fab!!! Great job on 3 workouts in a row, whoo hooo!

Mara, you sound like my sister aka Martha S. hehee When can I come over?
2.gif
3.gif
I bet you are lots of fun to be around; have a blast tonight!! Glad the yummy beautiful cookies you made are GONE!

Marcy, yah for being back on track! You want to win the biggest loser, whoo hooo, kick their booties! hehe

Kimi, glad you had a good time w/your mom and you can use the ellip again soon! Enjoy your free time
1.gif

Hey Dearest Linda!!! Yay for 2 lb loss and boo for bronchitis. Take care of yourself sweetie; have hubby wait on you!!!

Sharon, you are soooooo tiny! Also long as you eat healthy then I wouldn't worry! Glad you are back in your home sweet home!

Tdiddy, yay for the workout, girl!!! I wish we had a Panera, boo hooo.

TDM (aka Gail), get the earrings but hold out for bigger ones; I am loving the 1 carat hoop size. I can't afford them right now because we a going to Europe in a few months so I need to hold off, boo hooo. hehee I just can live through your purchase vicariously. I can't wear braclets too often because they bug me when I am on the computer.

Rod, I have fallen so many times because we have hills and I have a hard time stopping so now I just go somewhere flat when roller blading. It is sort of dangerous so I don't do it too often. I did buy my Glucosamine but w/o Chondroitin; I bought the 1500mg and it cost like $20 so I have to wait a little while before I can buy the one you recommend. I am sorry about the layoff announcement, very scary. I will send good job finding vibes.

Have a lovely evening all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a great day. I lost 1.5 pounds of the 5 pounds I gained so I’m going the right direction. We ran errands today and picked up groceries for a few days. I’m making good things for a few days but not too horribly fattening. Today we had baked potatoes and grilled hamburgers. I got some 96% lean hamburger for tacos one day and pizza another day. I buy the 2% cheese for tacos and pizza. Tomorrow I am making homemade chicken noodle soup. My husband gets to eat well and on weekends we usually eat 2 meals so that works for me too. We picked up fresh fruit so I think breakfast will be fruit and cereal tomorrow. Hubby likes a big breakfast but I miss my cheerios.
Jas, it sounds like you were a pro on your bike ride. I smiled at “your freakishly short legs” because I get called T-Rex at work for short arms. I got that nickname playing hearts at lunch. We have 2 tables together and I can’t reach the middle to get my cards. I guess I stick out my tongue when I try to reach it too so they started saying I had T-Rex arms. Your ice cream sounds divine. Definitely talk to Zippy on the phone; there is no sense going there in person. I am sure my DH thinks blocking his games is justifiable homicide. At least I don’t block the screen as long as I used to and I can walk faster.
Mara, I’ll be there for the champagne punch. That sounds divine. Your menu for tonight looks great. Good idea to take the day off on exercise, you certainly deserve it. Your dinner last night sounds great and desserts were plentiful. We have a few pieces of PB fudge left but I am done with that; I’m glad our cookies are gone. Thanks for reminding me of the improbability of gaining that much weight over a few days. If I did eat that many calories I’d be ill. I am glad you are enjoying your pendant.
DeeJay, yeah for making it to the gym 3 times this week. LOL about the growling stomach, I can’t fall asleep if I am that hungry. A 12 course meal? That sounds like a lot of food. Too funny about the 100 cal bags being an appetizer, even if you do eat one or two more though it’s still not that bad.
Kimi, I am glad to hear you are back to your regularly scheduled program. I am glad you have a week off. I am not working on school until about the 7th. My classes start on the 14th. We were up to the 20’s today but the wind picked up so it was very cold when we were out running errands. I hope to stay in for the weekend because it’s not going to get above freezing until Wednesday. I’m with you on huggies vs bracelet, I’d want both.
Linda, sorry to hear you have bronchitis again. Yeah for loosing 2 pounds.
Hi Msflutter.
Sharon, I am glad you are relaxing and resting your knee. Mine is sure sore from the windy / cold weather and walking around so much.
Skippy, you are dedicated to walk that far in that cold of weather. Too funny about REI putting great plans and ideas in your head. Let me know how you like the Simpsons, we bought the DVD Wednesday but haven’t watched it yet.
Take care. Have a great evening.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys! Just quickly scanned the posts from the past few days. I got back from taking my parents to the airport, so everything is back to normal now. Adam and I are starting our 16 day detox diet tomorrow and will follow it until we leave for our cruise. I am cutting out all refined carbs and sticking to only whole grains, fruit, lf cheese, fish, lean meats, and veggies for the next 16 days. I am also going to do some form of cardio every day for at least 30 mins. and do strength training 2-3 times a week. The only exception we said we are going to make is to have a glass of champagne on NYE. Hopefully it will be easy to do with him doing it as well. I just threw out all the Christmas cookies and bagged up any Christmas candy and put it on the top shelf of our kitchen cabinets so I would need a chair to reach it. Tomorrow morning I will weigh myself and see what the damage is. I haven''t weighed for about a week and I am scared. I don''t feel well after eating so poorly and just feel blah but excited to get back into my routine. Anyway, I will read all the posts later and make personal responses, but I just wanted to check in really quickly to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Steph, I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. I am glad you are excited to be getting back to your routine. Your detox diet doesn’t sound too bad; that is nice your husband is doing it with you.

Here is my latest collage picture with a new photo from today.

Dec 28 Grp 2.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I am just so amazed and impressed by you; I have tears. Thank you so much for being willing to share your weight struggles and loss with all of us. I am in awe of you.

Steph, the detox diet sounds like a good plan. Where are you cruisin'' to?

Skip, that''s so darn cold!! Hope you had a great walk.

I was not feeling well this afternoon, upset stomach, blech! I had a bit of veal in a wasabi mustard sauce for dinner with salad and brussel sprouts. I ended up reading and watching TV. J said I was looking a bit green, "miserable" were his exact words.

Have a great night, all!!!

P.S. Another "WOW!" to you, Marcy. So fantastic.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof--I think I might explode! Three hours and $650 later we are back from dinner. We had...

Trout roe, coconut, licorice, pineapple
Beans, many garnishes, pillow of nutmeg air
Scallop, parsnip, orange, chamomile vapor
Apple cider, walnut milk, cinnamon, vegetable ash
Salsify, caper, olive oil, smoked salmon
Duck, butternut squsah, banana, thai flavors
Sweetbreads, califlower, burnt bread, toasted hay
Hot potato, cold potato, black truffle, butter
Lamb in cubism
Bison, turnip, candy cane, juniper branch
Chocolate, bread, egg, smoke
Persimmon, carrot, reg curry, spice aroma strip
Pumpkin pie dough, tempura, cinnamon fragrance

That''s according to the menu. And a different wine with every course. Honestly, half of it I couldn''t have identified if you gave me a million dollars.

There were two funny--OK, HYSTERICAL--moments, both at my expense. One was on during the course with the "spice aroma strip." The strip was sititng in a pin embedded in a half moon of parafin. We''d eaten so many strange things at that point that it never occured to me not to eat the milky white half moon. Of parafin. As in WAX. I laughed so hard I damn near choked to death on it!!!

Then... the same course had some sort of clearish ball of god knows what. I tried to cut it in half with my fork. Just as my fork pierced the shell it *EXPLODED*. Yes, EXPLODED. AT ME. I was dripping neck to navel in who knows what. My sweater is ruined. I''m not even taking it to the cleaners, I''m just going to throw it away (once it dries).

That''s all for now. No workout tomorrow; I have clients starting at 9:00 am and going until... well until I have to meet the last client for dinner tomorrow night. Hopefully I''ll get to the gym on Sunday...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday Everyone!

It was a quiet day at work. There were no more announced layoff''s and I just got some work done, which was good. It''s sad how scared people are. I spoke with one of the senior managers this morning and she''s petrified that everytime her phone rings, it''s going to be a layoff call. It''s just not a good environment when everyone is frightened all the time. I''m prepared though, so it won''t matter one way or the other........and it''s actually nice to be in the place I''m in at the moment.

Our Friday night was great. We had our usual fantastic Sushi dinner at Favorite Sushi place #1, followed by our addiction to the healthy frozen yogurt treat and then since it was just the most beautiful evening imaginable, WITH a full moon to boot, we had our coffee under the "oak" tree and wound up sitting for quite a while with the Starbucks Barista group. A group of 20 something''s, which was pretty entertaining to say the least!

Tomorrow will be a regular Saturday. You know the routine by now.........breakfast on the terrace, lunch at a deli, followed by a good long workout and then someplace for dinner. We''re at least pretty darn predictable!!

FIRST TO THE AMAZING SHRINKING LADY - Yes, that''s you MARCY!! WOWOWOWOWOWOW Girl. When you look at the first picture and then the last, it''s like a whole different person. I''m sending you the biggest cyber-hug of congratulations for such an amazing transformation!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara, your party sounds wonderful!!

Jas, you never cease to crack us up. Mooo to you too girl! Glad you enjoyed the prostate modified bike seat and did so well on your bike ride. The ice cream sounded decadent. For whatever reason, I seem to have lost my taste for ice cream, but maybe that''s a blessing in disguise. I don''t think I ever mentioned that as a teenager, and one of the contributing factors to Rod being a fat kid, my parents owned a Mister Donut AND a Baskin Robbins, across the street from each other. I used to take a fresh glazed donut over the the Baskin Robbins, put a couple scoops of Fudge Brownie ice cream on it, pour hot fudge on top, add some nuts, whipped cream and a cherry. And this I did daily. So, it''s probably a good thing I no longer seem to enjoy ice cream!! Enjoy the rest of your stay on Sanibel.

Gail, we''re with you on not liking chain restaurants at all. Our motto is if they need to give you a vibrating device to let you know when you can pig out on too huge, too calorie laden portions of not even really good food, it''s just not the place we want to eat! Aside from some place like Panera, we really only dine in places that are independently owned restaurants. Funny about the fake ice rink at North Hills. I wonder what the point was? And do check out Bailey''s in Cameron Village. I think you''ll be pleasantly surprised.

DeeJay, 3 Times at the gym this week is worth a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Please do report on the best restaurant in America!!

Hey Kimberly, so let''s see John''s getting a lobster dinner and a new BMW tomorrow right?? We love the auto show. It''s fun to sit in every car imaginable. Enjoy your day tomorrow and tell John to start planning that trip for Christmas dinner 2008!

Yay for 2 pounds lost Linda!!
36.gif

Glad your knee is feeling better Sharon! What are Butter Tarts?

Walking in 29 degree weather - oh my Skippy!! Got a chuckle out of you becomig a Granola Biker or Hiker!!!

Glad you got your life back to normal Steph!!

Sweet Dreams Everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit I have enjoyed being on vacation this week from work and being between semesters at school. I can play on PS as much as I want.
36.gif

Kimi, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am glad I have you guys to share this with. It seems to be in such slow motion for me these days but doing up my monthly pictures helps me keep it in perspective. Sorry to hear you were feeling miserable; I hope you get better soon.
DeeJay, I hope you don’t explode; that would be awful, smelly and rather messy. That’s quite a list of food. What does the 24 course meal include? Too funny about eating the wax.
Rod, I am glad you had a quiet day at work. That is pretty scary to have to worry about getting the bad news phone call. You have such a great attitude about it; I am relieved to know you are doing okay. I picked up some fruit for us to have for breakfast tomorrow but we’ll be staying indoors to enjoy ours. Enjoy setting out on the terrace for me. Thanks for the big cyber hug; it means a lot to me. I showed my husband the new photo when I got it done tonight and he just said “wow”.
Well, I must go clean my sparkly things and get ready for bed.
Laters,
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay: OK lady, NO MORE posting funny posts, when I have bronchitis. You gave me a coughing spell. I had to stop and take my cough medicine.
9.gif

Marcy, You are a shrinking violet. You look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so proud of you. Keep up the fantastic work dear friend.

Rod: Those 20 something year olds are a hoot to sit next too. Rick and I have done that also. They crack us up, the things they talk about. Don''t forget we are "older" then you. HA!!!

Sharon: Yes, what are butter tarts? They sound luscious

Steph: Ok, I am a dummy. What do you do to Detox yourself. Don''t forget, I am a grandma here. Do you just cut out carbs?

Night all

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, I know so well how laughing can trigger a coughing fit. I sure hope you get better soon. Bronchitis is NOT fun. Thank you for the kind words about me. I really appreciate it. Rest up and get well.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Marcy, you are such a sweetheart.
35.gif

Linda I meant what I said you look WONDERFUL!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Sorry for being MIA the last week or so--I''ve been out of town visiting the family. (Technically, I''m still out of town, but I couldn''t stay away for too long
5.gif
). I hope everyone had wonderful holidays, and I''ll be back in full force after the new year.

Also, Marcy, I just browsed through the thread so far, but I wanted to say you look AMAZING! Congratulations!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, thank you so much for saying I look wonderful. I sure feel great. You are a sweetheart too.
Welcome back LadyPirate. Thank you for the congrats.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s! Well, it''s official: I have caught DH''s yucky cold and am not a very happy camper!
14.gif
No wonder I was feeling so tired earlier this week...I thought it was just due to working so many days in a row but it turned out to be the cold coming on. Luckily it''s all contained in my head and I don''t feel achy or anything, just congested and sneezy, and I look like Rudolph from blowing my poor nose so often! Oh how I hate being sick, it''s no fun!

So, lots of R&R for me, tonight I took a nap when I came home from work, tomorrow I will probably do the same thing, then I''m driving down to my parents for a few days to celebrate a belated Christmas and New Year''s with them. I haven''t worked out this week, probably won''t jump back on that wagon til next week...haven''t stepped on the scale either, but since I had to safety-pin my pants this morning I figure I''m still maintaining.
20.gif

Marcy, awesome pictures, what a difference obviously from last year to now, and even in the last couple of months the changes in your face and everywhere else are very dramatic! You look wonderful, woman, I am as always so proud of you.
36.gif

mara, your menu for tonight looks so enticing, keep this up and you''re going to start getting requests from random people for invites to your shindigs when they start hearing about how great the food is! I''m betting by next year you''ll be charging admission, LOL!

Hi everyone else and Happy New Year in case I don''t make it back to this thread...I''m looking forward to another fabulous new year working towards my fitness goals with all of my WWT buddies!!!
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
WOW, Marcy!!! The only similarity between any of those pics of you is the shoes
9.gif
Unbelieveable and so so so inspiring. You ROCK!

DeeJay, that dinner sounds amazing - and the parafin incident is hilarious!

Mara, can you send me an invite to that party of yours next year??? The menu looks better than any party I have been to....yum!

Jas, hope your butt isn''t sore from the long ride. When I took up cycling last year, I found out the hard way why cyclists wear padded shorts.

Skippy, did you watch Knocked Up? I have been dying to see that. We watched Superbad tonite and I thought it was dumb....my DF thought it was funny though.

Nothing exciting to report today. I took the day off workout wise and ran my dog to the vet instead. Then my DF and I spent the evening trying to map out our honeymoon, which was actually a lot of fun. My diet today was atrocious....other than my breakfast, everything else hailed from the starch and fat food groups. I have an early training session scheduled in the AM with a running partner and then am meeting a friend for breakfast.

Have a great Saturday!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Welcome SDL
35.gif
! You''re posts always make me smile, so I''m glad you are joining our group here!

Jas, so glad you are having fun at the beach. Sanibel is beautiful! Your ice cream sounds delish!

Skippy, how does your hubby like the Wi? I am thinking about getting Adam that for his birthday so we can play together.

Mara, your party sounds fab! Wow, you are quite the little entertainer!

Marcy, all I can say about your pictures is WOW! You look like a completely different woman. Congrats on such a big accomplishment and just know that you are an inspiration to keep going!

Kimi, we are going on a cruise to the Western Carribean that goes to Key West and Mexico. It is with Adam''s company, so lots of fun to be seen in a bathing suit by his boss
6.gif
!

DJ, was this one of your meals you were writing a review on? That is funny about eating the wax and sorry about the exploding thing!

Rod, sounds like you had a great Friday night. What is the name of the frozen yogurt place? I''ll have to check and see if they have something like that here. I''m with you on the no chains thing. We love our quaint little Italian place and sushi place where we know the owners, it is so much nicer. Hope you enjoy your Saturday!

Linda, really that just means detox from all the junk I''ve been eating over the past few weeks. No sugar or refined carbs like white bread for a while to try to get back to where I was.

Hi, Ladypirate. Glad you are back, I''ve been MIA too and it''s good to be back so I can be held accountable again!

Monnie, sorry you are sick, that is the worst. Get better quickly!

Tdiddy, have a great time with the trainer today!

Hi, Lorelei, appletini, tandog, ms.flutter, and canuk
35.gif

Have a great Sat. everyone! I''m off on my run and back to eat egg whites!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good Saturday to you all -- there seems to have been an explosion of posts.
No bike ride yesterday -- my fanny protested. We decided to walk around the bird sanctuary. One hour and two measly birds later, I suggested a chicken lunch
31.gif
Actually, we did see a gator, which excited DH much more than it excited me, and we were at least 100 yards away from the thing. It seemed disinterested in us, but I imagine it went up to its buddy after we left and suggested a human lunch.
31.gif

Love the naughty emoticon.

Ack on lunch. Went to a local dive, got grilled shrimp, which were actually not dipped in anything but a little spice and probably only a little bit of butter, but oh boy, french fries. Yes I ate them. Then DH got a piece of key lime pie to split. As refreshing and cold as it was, it was not excellent, so I ate less than my half and was fine. We went swimming in the pool for about an hour ("swimming" should be read "Floated around on noodles and splashed each other") and then took a quick soak in the hot tub. Lots of kamikaze ants jumping to their death in the hot tub next to me, which just grossed me out, so we emerged, prunier and relaxed.

Dinner was a gorgeous grouper with jerk rub, mango salsa, and rice pilaf mix without the spices -- DH forgot to put them in, but actually, it was just fine as is! Spoke with my folks and heard that apparently my fuzzy dog barely notices that we're gone, he's having that much fun.

My baby brother got engaged over Christmas (we only just found out) and I wish to heavens I were more thrilled. They have sorta kinda known each other for a few years, only dated 5 months, and well, the one time I met her she made less than a great impression in that she was overtly standoffish and made me believe that 2-3 years down the road she'd be nothing but whining and nagging my brother. I hope and pray that I'm wrong. It wasn't a shy thing. It was that she looked and acted entirely non-plussed to be around my brother.

Plus this has set off my mother and her drama again (I wonder if she has enmeshment/enmeshing issues with me...Deco described it in another forum about another poster, but it seems to fit) and we have just finally recovered from the drama of my wedding.

Hah -- I just wrote and deleted two long paragraphs about my family because (a) it has nothing to do with WWT and (b) I always worry that I come across as a petulant brat.

Everything will right itself.

Marcy -- wowzers. Just amazing. I love how you are standing in your last picture, confident and tall. T-Rex though? Bwaha. I don't mean that meanly. It's just that it reminds me of Whose Line is it Anyway where Colin would walk around doing his TRex impersonation. Yeah, sorry, I'm obviously free-associating here.
Mara -- can't wait to hear about the party. The apps sound scrumptious!
DeeJay -- criminy. I needed a Tums just reading your menu. LOL on the mishaps. Maybe the 24 course meal includes a tent and a sleeping mask?
Linda -- Get well soon. Bronchitis is no fun at all. The rain doesn't help either.
8.gif

Skippy -- I am totally that way after REI. Of course I take on the personality of most stores I go into. After Williams-Sonoma I'm convinced I want to be the master chef. After Home Depot I'm Little Miss Fix-It. Which is why there are certain stores I just can't go into or I'll be arrested (ahem Victoria's Secret).
Steph -- sounds like you have quite a plan there. When/where is the cruise?
Kimberly - Feel better soon!
Rod -- Sadly, I don't ever want to lose my taste for ice cream. I loves me my treats. I am learning to either go out and just get a single serving and/or get the small pints of the really decadant stuff so I can only eat a little. We are very glad to be here in FLorida and I've decided to thank you personally for the gorgeous weather. NO WONDER you never want to go anywhere there is snow. Right now, I don't either.
Monnie -- feel better (there seems to be a WWT epidemic right now)
tdiddy -- have fun training today!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MARCY, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!! Many congratulations to you and I hope you are treating yourselves to new clothes galore, you DESERVE it!!!!

slider_yourock.gif
hi501.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
runaround1.gif

I managed 3 good workouts this week, so rather pleased!

Rod, I would love to try '' blading, I broke my wrist years ago ice skating, I had just changed from figure skates to hockey skates and came a cropper....So I would be a little nervous...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Linda, I didn''t catch on that you have bronchitis, I''m so sorry! Feel better soon. That''s no fun.

Monnie, you take care of yourself too.

Rod, John gets his lobster dinner, the next new car in this house is mine. We''ve been saying that for a year and I don''t see it happening anytime in the year to come...so the boy will just have to be happy with what he has. It''s quite funny, actually, he''s dying to own a Lincoln Town Car. I totally don''t get it but he says that will be his next new car. Whatever floats his boat. I''m eyeballing the new Cadillac CTS, but I change my mind all of the time so...

Ladypirate, enjoy your family; looking forward to your return.

Jas, your dinner sounds delish.

Dee, was the restaurant as good as it''s supposed to be?

Stephanie, the cruise sounds fun. I wouldn''t be thrilled about bathing suits in front of co-workers though. I''m a bit shy that way.

I''m still feeling a bit funky this morning. Hoping it goes away after I eat a bowl of oatmeal. Happy Saturday all!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rod & Linda: Butter tarts are yummy little morsels made with melted butter, raisins, cream, 1 egg, vanilla, and browns sugar (some put pecans in....). They really just melt in your mouth when made with a thin pastry......and shouldn''t have a place on this forum!!! LOL Our Christmas treat as I don''t make them any other time of the year.

Marcy--you look amazing! What is your 2008 goal now you''ve met all the others in spades?

Good for you Lorelei working out so faithfully--I am getting behiind compared to others here!

Hello to everyone else--hope those not feeling so well recover soon and those AOK stay well.

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon: Those butter tarts sound yummy,

Monnie: Oh no, now you are sick. I hate being sick too. All I did was cough all night, drives me nuts. Please take care of yourself. I found a great tea. Are you a tea drinker at all? It is by Stash. It is green/white infusion. It has a lot of antioxidants in it. I sip it on and off all day.

Kimberly: I hope you are feeling better soon too.

Skippy: Did you watch Knocked Up? That movie is so funny. Rick and I really laughed watching it.

Jas: Thank you for the get well wishes. It is still cold and raining here. I am allergic to the mold in the air when it rains. Probably another reason, why I keep getting bronchitis, along with my grandboys.

Mara: How was your wonderful party last night. Next year, we are driving to your house. You serve better goodies then I do. HA!! At our party, my friend Jan, made baked brie, topped with carmalized onions and mango chutney or something like that. Boy oh boy was it delish and was gone in a flash.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Will check back later.
I am staying warm in my cozy sweats, wool socks and warm boots. Wish I had a pair of Ugg''s.
20.gif

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, you will get back into your routine soon, it is hard to keep it up this time of year, so don''t worry!

Welcome MrsFlutter
35.gif

Kimmy, I hope you feel better soon.

Rod, I was giggling to myself earlier, I made a nice cinnamon pie with pumpkin in it, tell Charlie he would have approved!!
16.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, I weighed in this morning and I think I probably win the award for the most lbs gained....7!!!! Yes, I said 7 pounds gained. Ooof, I hope these go away quickly with my workouts and eating healthy. We went to the grocery store this morning and stocked up on a whole bunch of heatlhy things. Had an egg white omlet for breakfast and a tuna sandwich with lf mayo on a whole wheat pita with a fruit skewer on the side for lunch. Dinner will be a very small portion of sirloin steak with asparagus. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jas, lunch sounded great....love me some french fries every once in a while! Hope everything works out with your brother. Mine is only 20, but I am so overprotective when it comes to his girlfriends:)

Lorelei, Yea for the 3 workouts!

Kimi, yeah the whole getting into a bathing suit thing around his coworkers really doesn''t sound like fun. Maybe I can avoid it somehow:)

Canuk, the butter tarts sound so yummy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph,

Don''t worry, the 7 pounds will come off fast. It is all of the holiday eating. I love asparagus yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Tee hee, I am glad you can eat LF mayo. I detest that stuff. I have to eat the REAL thing. I only use a dab though. I know, it is a no no, but the LF or non-fat makes me gag.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo - just completed another 50 min workout! Steph, don't worry, those pounds will soon go once you get back into your normal routine. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water to avoid fluid retention and to help keep you feeling full, I aim for 2 litres a day and it really makes a difference.

Linda, I firmly believe that a little of the stuff you love is a good thing, and is part of a healthy attitude with food. I don't mind diet mayo, but sometimes the low fat/ cal varieties just don't cut it, so a bit of what you enjoy does no harm at all, especially as we are finding our way to eat well and stay slim for life, it isn't about deprivation, but about eating carefully most of the time, with room for the odd treat!
9.gif
I happen to love butter and at times, low fat spread won't do, so I have some butter and thoroughly enjoy it.
16.gif
I would rather have a smaller amount of the ' real thing' at times, be it chocolate, butter, cheese etc, than a larger amount of low cal stuff - although some low cal foods are excellent, not all are and it pays to be able to pick and choose your favourites so you can enjoy them occasionally.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!! whew it feels like so much has happened (like so many posts!) since i last checked in...but it's only been a day!

thanks everyone for the kind words on my menu...the party was fabulous...we had a few people not show up which always irritates me because i plan for food on a certain amount so when like 4-5 people don't show last minute then i hate having leftovers that go to waste! note to everyone on here, RSVP correctly and if you can't make it, call the hostess, don't just flake! it's funny because greg always says i have such high expectations for people, but i always think about 'would i do that to someone' and typically the answer is no...so i figure why is it so hard for other people to act 'appopriately' about something you know??? i would never RSVP yes then just not show up, email or call to at least say sorry we can't make it. send a text message if you don't want to interact with the person. oh well, we did have about 15 people and we had a great time, it was a small crowd but more fun as we got to personally visit with everyone and my old coworker from my last company came with her fiance, and i talked with her for a long time which was great as i haven't seen her in forever!

the menu came out GREAT and so did the drinks, everyone loved the apple cider and the punch, the apple cider ended up being non alcoholic which was fine as we had a ton of punch for those who wanted to partake, and champagne as well. i ended up not doing the mini mac and cheeses as they were just going to be too time consuming for the outcome, but i did everything else. the big hits were these bleu cheese, carmelized onion puff pastries from TJ's frozen section, those were gone in a flash, the curried shrimp endive cups were gone as well, and the brie was gone. those were definitely the three favorites. we had a TON of crackers left over, i thought we'd run out so now i bagged them all and put them in the pantry. for desserts from TJ's i got the mini cheesecake bites, which were mostly gone. i tossed most of the dessert items, kept the wafers and cookies for greg. two of my wonderful coworkers brought homemade chocolate raspberry and champagne truffles and homemade puffy peanut butter and chocolate cookies for us, i was like thanks gals, we just got rid of the other stuff we had hehee. but i am dying to try them for sure...greg had a cookie right now and was raving over them.

we didn't get to bed til 1:30 after cleanup and driving one of our good friends back home as she missed the last train home...so we slept in til 11am which is late for us! but this morning the house was clean and beautiful which is great. i am sad that last nite was our final night with our real tree, we are going to dissasemble it today since we are leaving tomorrow for our new years trip. we'll do half the house today and then half when we get back, we just want to be sure and take down the real tree today.

today we'll also do a walk/run combo with portia at the park which will be fun. i am happy to say that last nite i put on a pair of my smallest jeans thinking there is no way that these are going up much less buttoning but they did so yay. of course they weren't super comfy, so i did the rubber band button trick to give myself the extra inch, worked out because i was wearing a long tank under a shorter fitted sweater...and i felt more comfy hehe. but yay for being able to even button them...!! guess i didn't really gain much if anything, thankfully. which is amazing considering how many times we had cookies for lunch around here the last week and a half!

steph, i am SO sure you did not gain 7 lbs woman. the same thing i said to marcy i'll say to you. did you eat an EXTRA 3500 cals EVERY day for the last week over what you normally do? i doubt it! maybe you gained a few lbs but not 7! i am sure after a day or two of detoxing you will notice a big drop in the scale. and yay for the detox, that sounds so tempting seriously, but we are going to be enjoying ourselves on our new years eve trip so from sunday to tuesday i would never be able to stick to a diet like that. so i figure come jan 2nd is when i'll return to my regular schedule and meals. one thing i have done every day since the vacation started is have my regular breakfast of eggs and english muffins or high fiber wrap so i be sure to get a big dose of protein in right away just in case the rest of the day is a wash. i typically have to keep at least one element of my 'schedule' or else i feel all discombobulated! plus i figure the next few days we'll enjoy at least one or two indulgent breakfasts on vacation.

marcy, amazing lady!! i will just echo what everyone else has said and say WOW! i showed your pictures to greg, and he agreed you should submit your story and photos to people magazine! you go girl. we are all so proud of you.

lorelei, yummy for pie....!!! i bet charlie seriously would have loved it. and good for you on workouts.
kimi, a new car AND lobster how fun! we visit the auto show when it comes around here too, typically in SF in jan and then SF a month or two after that i think. while we're not in the market right now (my mini is tiding us over quite handily!!!), it's fun to see what is coming out and ogle the super expensive jaguars and the like.
linda...you could have totally come to the party and helped us out with the extra food and goodies! hehe. oh and so funny re: the LF mayo, i actually use it for everything now and i find that the Best Foods brand tastes the most like the regular...i get 'lower fat' mayo rather than non fat or anything, and it actually tastes very close to the regular for me...especially since we usually 'mix' it in with something else so you don't typically notice the taste change. i tried LF mayo a few years ago and HATED it, so i was tentative with it this year but foodstuffs have come so far with making taste better and now i am really happy with the mods. and it makes things like potato salad or tuna salad, or like the curried shrimp things last nite so much healthier, cuts the calories and fat basically in HALF. and everyone loved the curried shrimp things so i guarantee they didn't realize it was lighter mayo! also like lorelei, i do indulge on certain real things but for me mayo is not one of the required ones. also i love the light butter from TJ's so i hardly have the real thing anymore, but i do in mashed potatoes...yum!
canuk, the butter tarts sound FAB, and good for you on resting your body a bit.
monnie, aww feel better sweetie, our neighbors have a bad cold too so they didn't come last nite, being sick on vacation sucks!
DJ, omg woman that menu is crazee! i am not surprised you had some mishaps, i think i would have too!! strange foodstuffs always make me raise an eyebrow. hehee...but i bet it was fun to try all those goodies.
msflutter, it's been a while, congrats on your new addition.

i am sure there are more i missed, so many posts since yesterday, i am so happy that people are continuing to check in on the thread even if it's just to say that we feel like balloons hehehe. it doesn't always have to be reporting super healthy stuff right?!?! i mean BUTTER TARTS?? hehhe.

have a fabulous saturday all. we better get to work taking down some of our christmas goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results