shape
carat
color
clarity

The January LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
For anyone who is interested, I uploaded more photos of my amethyst here
31.gif
31.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl, your amethyst is beauuuutiful! I like the new avatar, too.

Lesson learned today: if you put a vase full of flowers on a mantle above a fireplace, and then you forget that they''re there and light a nice, cozy fire....it will kill your flowers. Oops!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
thats too funny becuase i was jsut thinking about putting a ton of plants above my fireplace...that i use regularly!

:)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I went to add fresh water to the vase, and noticed that the flowers were all crunchy! Big oops on my part, but at least I learned not to do that again!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock

I learned the hard way on that one too! I put my orchids up there because someone told me that had to be warm all the time (I figured that would be the best place for them....), and I found the flowers crunchy....

7.gif
I was sad
7.gif

Fortunately the plant didn''t die and they are now producing beautiful flowers... as I’ve moved them to my garden window in my kitchen...

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
There seems to be a lot of heartbreak, drama, and strife on the LIW this month (or maybe those are the only posts I''m reading).

(((Big hugs))) to all you girls that are going through some tough things!

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
I just saw Slumdog Millionaire over the long weekend. Amazing movie..I highly recommend it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 7:33:26 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
There seems to be a lot of heartbreak, drama, and strife on the LIW this month (or maybe those are the only posts I''m reading).

(((Big hugs))) to all you girls that are going through some tough things!
Thank you Amanda..........
5.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dream, how are things going? Was away for much of the weekend, but I was thinking of you...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mini Update: FF and I were chatting and dinner last night when we went out for sushi. We were talking about when we wanted to start looking for a house, and he said "Well we don''t have to be engaged before we buy a house." and I said "Oh yes we do!" and he looked at me funny. Then a lightbulb turned on or something and he''s like "OH! I meant married. We don''t have to be married. Sorry, screwed up my vocab." So I said "Engaged is fine, but I want a solid commitment before we buy a house." so he says "Well, just hurry up and graudate college!" and then he smiled.

I graduate in June. That means... it should be coming around June/July! Yay! I knew it would be this year, but I wasn''t sure when. This is like one of the first few hints he''s dropped.

Now I wish I would''ve added one more class so I could graduate in April!
27.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, yay, elledizzy5! I hope your last semester/quarters of school go well and that you get a nice, sparkly graduation present :)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 11:51:50 AM
Author: misskitty
Aww, yay, elledizzy5! I hope your last semester/quarters of school go well and that you get a nice, sparkly graduation present :)
Too bad we already have the diamond. Otherwise maybe I could negotiate a "higher the GPA, bigger the diamond" agreement.
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 3:20:23 PM
Author: Bia
Dream, how are things going? Was away for much of the weekend, but I was thinking of you...
Thank you sweets!
2.gif
I''ve had an incredibly rough week. But, I''m getting through it the best I can. Thank you for thinking of me. You are too kind.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 8:24:25 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Mini Update: FF and I were chatting and dinner last night when we went out for sushi. We were talking about when we wanted to start looking for a house, and he said ''Well we don''t have to be engaged before we buy a house.'' and I said ''Oh yes we do!'' and he looked at me funny. Then a lightbulb turned on or something and he''s like ''OH! I meant married. We don''t have to be married. Sorry, screwed up my vocab.'' So I said ''Engaged is fine, but I want a solid commitment before we buy a house.'' so he says ''Well, just hurry up and graudate college!'' and then he smiled.

I graduate in June. That means... it should be coming around June/July! Yay! I knew it would be this year, but I wasn''t sure when. This is like one of the first few hints he''s dropped.

Now I wish I would''ve added one more class so I could graduate in April!
27.gif
That is WONDERFUL news miss elle!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEE
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Has this been a crappy week for LIW or what? Blech...
38.gif

How about we try to have a great weekend?

I love you guys...

Today was terrible. I told BF that the only way I''d feel better is if I could borrow my ring for JUST ONE NIGHT. haha. He laughed and said fine. I know this sounds so weird to people, but this is the relationship we have. Hehe. As I''m typing Im looking at my ring. Just unoffically right now. LOL hopefully soon......................

Hope everyone has a good weekend. At least for me, it''s been a tough week too.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I hope everyone''s weekend is great! Y''all deserve it :)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 1:50:15 AM
Author: swedish bean
Today was terrible. I told BF that the only way I''d feel better is if I could borrow my ring for JUST ONE NIGHT. haha. He laughed and said fine. I know this sounds so weird to people, but this is the relationship we have. Hehe. As I''m typing Im looking at my ring. Just unoffically right now. LOL hopefully soon......................

haha...that''s hilarious. If my BF was holding my ring hostage and let me wear it ''unofficially'' he''d have to cut my finger off to get it back!!!

Have a great weekend ladies! It''s bright and sunny here... -13C with no windchil. Not too shabby....

35.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t feel like making a whole new post for this..

We found out just before christmas that a friend of ours was planning on proposing to his GF of seven months sometime in the next year. Today we find out that he proposed the other day. On top of that he also admitted to me today that he was planning on proposing December 08 until we hit a rough patch during last year.. So while I am happy for them, I am having a LIW obsessive moment.

In other news, I am pretty sure that as long as our relationship doesn''t hit any more rough patches, SO is going to propose either 30th October or 17th December this year!

Oh, and Happy Birthday for last Friday Tarepanda!!
36.gif
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, why was last week so horrible for everyone? I made the decision not to go visit SO at whatever port he''s pulling into this week (in the med which means theres a good chance its going to be gorgeous with great food and unbelievabe ocean views
7.gif
) So that means we''re doing the whole 7months of deployment with no visit. The reason I decided not to go was school. I didnt want to fall behind missing a whole week and not getting any work done regardless of the classes I''d miss. I''ve already passed the date I shouldve graduated (and when all my friends graduated) and I''m still looking at a summer semester, an extra mini course in May, fall, and spring of next year before graduation. So that leaves me with a total of 6 years school for my bachelors. I beat myself up about it too much because after all I''m the one who decided to transfer and switch majors... ANYWAY... SO decided to cheer me up and tell me that he''ll be fully "equipped" to propose to me as soon as he gets back in May
30.gif
He said that doesn''t mean he will do so as soon as he gets off the ship, which I''m fine with I''d rather it be a surprise than and expectation, but man.. does he know how to cheer me up or what?

I hope everyone had a rejuvenating weekend! I went out with SO''s ma and aunt last night and they were talking about hot flashes, haha. SO''s aunt asked if I was sure I wanted his Ma to be my mother in law in the future when she talks about hot flashes at dinner.. I was like.. YES! haha. I love being around family it really helps rejuvenate me.

Date: 1/24/2009 3:00:10 PM
Author: sammyj

Date: 1/24/2009 1:50:15 AM
Author: swedish bean

haha...that''s hilarious. If my BF was holding my ring hostage and let me wear it ''unofficially'' he''d have to cut my finger off to get it back!!!

Have a great weekend ladies! It''s bright and sunny here... -13C with no windchil. Not too shabby....

35.gif
I know it sounds so silly. He doesn''t mind at all, he knows I try it on all the time. I''m going to sit patient from now on though. I really enjoyed wearing it, but it was a little weird wearing it. But, something good came from it--- we started wedding planning!
31.gif
Last night it was 3 degrees with a -20 wc.. was a bit cold!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So, I don''t want to give this its own topic, but I had a not so great weekend. LIW + too much wine + hanging out with newly engaged friends who were talking about their wedding plans = incoherent whining about being a LIW
8.gif
Thankfully, B is an impeccable gentleman, and he made me feel much better. I''m just embarrassed that I got upset about it, because we''ve had normal, calm conversations about our timeline, and I''m usually not one to get all sloppy and cry. Major oops.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 11:06:18 AM
So, I don''t want to give this its own topic, but I had a not so great weekend. LIW + too much wine + hanging out with newly engaged friends who were talking about their wedding plans = incoherent whining about being a LIW
8.gif
Thankfully, B is an impeccable gentleman, and he made me feel much better. I''m just embarrassed that I got upset about it, because we''ve had normal, calm conversations about our timeline, and I''m usually not one to get all sloppy and cry. Major oops.
Ehhh... it happens to the best of us. Don''t sweat it! Just be thankful that you have an SO who can brush it off and make you feel better!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
8.gif
No worries, we all have those days......

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I do feel better about it today. We both took the afternoon off because the cable dude is coming to hook us up with cable and internet (yay!) and while we were waiting, he popped in a dvd of Wedding Crashers. So, at least my little slip-up didn''t turn him totally off the idea of weddings!
3.gif

8.gif
misskitty!! You are not alone, please remember that! Even when you are IRL, at dinner and feel sad, or down, rememer that all over the world (and specifically where I am, in MN) there are people that feel the same way as you do. Not only that, but have also acted the same way! I hope next weekend is better for you
1.gif

And, if I may share some news, BF brought up VEGAS today. Totally not him. Ok, I brought up VEGAS but he brought up that we should go some time soon/ spring time to look at... venues!! Exciting?! I''ve been looking at prices all day online. I really hope we can do it. Travel to Vegas, or get a new TV... hmmm.. :)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
sb, if you''re going to do Vegas, do it soon! They''re offering a LOT of really great deals and perks because the recession has caused a slow-down in tourism.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO that sounds like fun! So many of my co-workers plan their travel trips all the time (which makes me a little jealous because I want to travel a lot) but I plan on saving most of my money now for future wedding stuff and a house. Then travel will come after that.........
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results