shape
carat
color
clarity

The January LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DG! I''ll see if I can make that happen....little green man may have to take a hike for something more sparkly!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

FF and I had to cancel our anniversary dinner on Saturday because we got like 10 inches of snow or some ridiculous number.

Way bummed!
39.gif

Hopefully we can make it up soon, but we''ll probably just forget about it, lol.

How was everyone''s weekend?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
audball- Your welcome! If it doesn''t work, let me know and I''ll try to help you out with it.

elle- I hear you on the snow thing. It snowed this morning and I didn''t come into work until 11:30
6.gif
The roads were pretty bad where I live. Hopefully you and FF will make up the anniversary soon!

I had a good weekend. I went and spent my $75 Macy''s gift card (From FF''s Mom) on makeup this weekend. I decided to spend the whole thing before Macy''s goes under...

audball

Ideal_Rock
I DID IT!! I have a new avatar! Thanks DG! I just ran a test of a cute picture I had to see if I could figure it out! Now I must acquire a sparkly to photograph....

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no is macy''s going under or are you just being sarcastic?!?! I have a Macy''s gift card! lol And weird enough I was going to spend it on makeup or facial care products. Dreamgirl what brand did you go with? I dont want to go and try and find my own way around the cosmetics counters I feel like I''ll spend 3 hours talking to consultants.

Macy''s is closing a ton of stores.... it''s true!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 4:39:04 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I had a good weekend. I went and spent my $75 Macy's gift card (From FF's Mom) on makeup this weekend. I decided to spend the whole thing before Macy's goes under...
MACYS is going under?? WTF?? Wow, I always thought that they were one of the strongest department stores. Maybe its because there has always been one near where I've lived. I'll have to see if either of my local ones are closing and take advantage of some of the sales. When a Strawbridges closed near me a few years ago I got some AWESOME Donna Karan bedding. Still my favorite stuff and so very very soft. I think my duvet cover was originally $200 or something and I got it for $40.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:19:42 PM
Author: audball
I DID IT!! I have a new avatar! Thanks DG! I just ran a test of a cute picture I had to see if I could figure it out! Now I must acquire a sparkly to photograph....
YAAAAAAY! I''m glad it worked for you! Your very welcome
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ladies.....ladies........as far as I know, Macy''s is *NOT* going out of business. However, they are currently closing 11 stores. When I said ''before they go under'' I meant, just incase they go under. Ya know?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 10:33:06 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Oh no is macy''s going under or are you just being sarcastic?!?! I have a Macy''s gift card! lol And weird enough I was going to spend it on makeup or facial care products. Dreamgirl what brand did you go with? I dont want to go and try and find my own way around the cosmetics counters I feel like I''ll spend 3 hours talking to consultants.
I mostly wear Clinique. I really like Chanel eyeshadows but they are pricy.

I am so stressed. I have to get new rotars and brakes because of the type of brakes who ever put on.. they didn''t have the "warning part" SO.. it''s $650!!!

Which, is like putting the 3prong studs I wanted, on my car.
face12.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:56:40 PM
Author: swedish bean
I am so stressed. I have to get new rotars and brakes because of the type of brakes who ever put on.. they didn''t have the ''warning part'' SO.. it''s $650!!!

face12.gif

Is that for all 4 wheels or just 2? I had my front brake/rotors done in the Fall and it was around $325. If thats just for 2 sets I''d say take it elsewhere because that sounds like super inflated dealership pricing. Then again, your car would be tons more expensive than mine.

Anyway- I''m sorry to hear about your unexpected expense. Just consider the fact that you''ll be much safer with proper braking equipment on your car and will be able to avoid rear ending someone.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Anyone catch Biggest Loser last night?

I''m not loving the new cast yet...I can''t remember if that happened last season too--I ended up loving that cast. I guess we''ll see.
For those of you who watch the show, do you watch alone or does your SO watch too? My FI hates the show...calls it Biggest Snoozer
20.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
As for BL-I hate Joelle and I was extremely upset that she didn''t go below the yellow line
38.gif

Not loving the cast but am still rooting for Dan (the 19 year old 450lb). I really want him to stay there as long as he possibly can to lose the weight he needs to lose.

And Bob''s outburst...hilarious!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I wish they had all voted for Joelle anyway! She should have been below that yellow line for sure. After her attitude during last chance workout, I was disappointed when she wasn''t.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 11:44:24 AM
Author: fieryred33143
BIA
1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Thanks mama! And Happy Belated Birthday to you (13th) !!! ((hugs))

Yes, it is my b-day...27 years on this Earth. ::sigh:: 30 is creeping up ladies. I personally feel so young, but remember in HS? 27 was ancient
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 11:59:14 AM
Author: blackpolkadot
I wish they had all voted for Joelle anyway! She should have been below that yellow line for sure. After her attitude during last chance workout, I was disappointed when she wasn''t.
Yea, she annoyed me. I was cracking up when Bob went ape-$h*t on her! "Stop talking. Stop doing this ::yap yap yap yap:: and just DO IT!!! THAT''S IT, JUST DO IT!!! Shut the f*** up and JUST DO IT!!!"
6.gif
23.gif
LMAO
9.gif
10.gif

All I know is, next week it looks like Carla (Joelle''s partner) is going to bring it on. When they showed her at home, she looks like she doesn''t play...hehehe. Joelle better be ready...

I was sad to see Jerry go, but you know what? He looks like he''s well on his way...he looked really great! To lose 84 pounds since he started? That''s amazing.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 12:21:50 PM
Author: Bia
Yes, it is my b-day...27 years on this Earth. ::sigh:: 30 is creeping up ladies. I personally feel so young, but remember in HS? 27 was ancient
39.gif
I know the feeling. I have felt like that ever since I hit the big 27. Gosh, I used to think I''d be married with kids by now....
38.gif
I feel like I was just 24 yesterday and that was 3 years ago. 30 is going to come so fast.........
6.gif
20.gif
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 3:18:27 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 1/14/2009 12:21:50 PM
39.gif
I know the feeling. I have felt like that ever since I hit the big 27. Gosh, I used to think I''d be married with kids by now....
38.gif
I feel like I was just 24 yesterday and that was 3 years ago. 30 is going to come so fast.........
6.gif
20.gif
39.gif
I know...depressing ain''t it?

Just remember Dream, "30 is the new 20!" ...That means we''re really only 17! No wonder I feel so young!
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Woooo hoooo! That sounds good to me.
2.gif
Hey, people usually think I'm around 17 anyway
20.gif
(I really have no idea why other than I'm petite like a 17 year old would be...? Small bone structure.) lol!

Date: 1/13/2009 11:24:35 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 1/13/2009 3:56:40 PM
Author: swedish bean
I am so stressed. I have to get new rotars and brakes because of the type of brakes who ever put on.. they didn''t have the ''warning part'' SO.. it''s $650!!!

face12.gif

Is that for all 4 wheels or just 2? I had my front brake/rotors done in the Fall and it was around $325. If thats just for 2 sets I''d say take it elsewhere because that sounds like super inflated dealership pricing. Then again, your car would be tons more expensive than mine.

Anyway- I''m sorry to hear about your unexpected expense. Just consider the fact that you''ll be much safer with proper braking equipment on your car and will be able to avoid rear ending someone.
It''s for all 4. And you''re right, at least I''ll be safe. BF was super nice and paid for most of it..
4.gif
Even driving home today from picking it up, I felt my car was happier
41.gif

Date: 1/14/2009 4:29:26 PM
I know...depressing ain''t it?

Just remember Dream, ''30 is the new 20!'' ...That means we''re really only 17! No wonder I feel so young!
36.gif
That is so true.

And Happy Birthday
emcake.gif

tarepanda

Rough_Rock
^^ I totally agree. Last year, I turned 31 - so I was 21 again! It was great
1.gif

Happy Birthday, Bia! January babies are the best - but I''m biased, as I am one (the 23rd)...

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Well, my boyfriend is going to be out of a job fairly soon.. as are 33,999 other people
15.gif

After having filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in November, Circuit City just announced today that they are closing all of their stores and liquidating all of their assets
8.gif

So, right now we''re brainstorming and trying to figure out where he could apply to.

The obvious choice would be working for Geek Squad at Best Buy (he''s currently the lead FireDog tech/supervisor at CC, which is their equivalent), but -shrugs- I have a feeling that Best Buy is going to get inundated with applicants. Luckily though, he has a lot of IT experience, particularly in the corporate world. Perhaps he could go back to that instead of staying in a retail environment. Who knows..

Anyways, just thought I''d share.. and maybe ask for some luck and dust to come our way..

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 2:24:58 PM
Author: Lexie
Well, my boyfriend is going to be out of a job fairly soon.. as are 33,999 other people
15.gif

After having filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in November, Circuit City just announced today that they are closing all of their stores and liquidating all of their assets
8.gif

So, right now we''re brainstorming and trying to figure out where he could apply to.

The obvious choice would be working for Geek Squad at Best Buy (he''s currently the lead FireDog tech/supervisor at CC, which is their equivalent), but -shrugs- I have a feeling that Best Buy is going to get inundated with applicants. Luckily though, he has a lot of IT experience, particularly in the corporate world. Perhaps he could go back to that instead of staying in a retail environment. Who knows..

Anyways, just thought I''d share.. and maybe ask for some luck and dust to come our way..
Awww, Lexie, I''m so sorry!
6.gif

I saw that on the news, and I can''t believe how many people are about to lose their jobs. SO sad.

***dust***dust***dust*** for you guys. Hopefully things get figured out quickly for the two of you!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just had to come on and VENT about trying to deal with crazy people. I don''t want to give details because it''s the internet and anyone could see it, but a woman I have been dealing with through work is INSANE. She wouldn''t comply to the rules laid out for participation in one of our programs, so I let her know that we couldn''t continue having our programs at her site. Her response was to write the president of our NATIONAL ORGANIZATION complaining about it. Apparently, I''m Satan for telling her (politely!) that she had to agree to the rules everyone else abides by in order to continue hosting our programs.

This person is a nightmare--every email I''ve gotten from her has been unbelievably rude and passive aggressive. Or maybe just aggressive. Either way, this is so not what I wanted to deal with today.

*slams head against wall*

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That stinks! Sorry LP
20.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Introducing my new avatar....what do you think? I took some new photos of my amethyst. That''s where this one came from!
28.gif
It helped me relieve some of my current stress. I''ll upload some new photos soon to my amethyst thread for everyone to see!
31.gif

dgsp09.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FF has been working on learning more about his stocks so he can make better trades and such in this dismal market. He had kind of a rough week with them and seemed pretty bummed last night. We went out to dinner and were talking about it over some Big Boy. He let slip that he had really hoped to have enough profits made from his stocks by next month to be able to take a vacation to Arizona to see his brother AND to have a ring to propose to me at the Grand Canyon.
6.gif
He was so sad, it brought tears to my eyes. He''s been trying so hard to whittle down his debt and figure out ways to increase his cash flow so that life can move forward for us. I am not expecting anything until at least summer, so this accelerated time frame was news to me! It was touching and depressing at the same time, poor guy. Plus he got all embarrassed when he realized he had spilled his best proposal idea to me (
27.gif
)! I feel bad for him because all of his best plans are getting thwarted, but at the same time I feel very blessed that this man is doing everything he possibly can to make an engagement happen soon. I really hope that the things that are out of his own personal control will turn out well - stocks, his job, etc. I wish I could do more to help him out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results