shape
carat
color
clarity

The January LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 12:39:13 PM
Author: elledizzy5

That''s awesome, ILS! Congratulations on losing all of that weight!

FF and I did the ''30 Day Shred'' video with one of the trainers from Biggest loser. We did it on Monday, and I am still ridiculously sore! It kicked my @$$!

I''m also on the 1200 calories, no soda, lots of water diet. Doing good so far. Looking to lose about 10-15 pounds. Mostly vanity weight and toning, but I will feel so much better when it''s gone.

Good luck!!
Elle, thats so funny that you and your man do this video.
36.gif

Because I also love BL (not really to lose weight but to tone up for summer and improve my strength training), I told my BF that I wanted that video and he got it for me last year. He and I have done it quite a few times and are trying to do it at least once a week! I''m only on level 1 and it still kicks my a$$. I wonder when I''ll get to level 2?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 2:14:20 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I love the biggest loser too, and watched it last night. It inspired me to lose my 39lbs, which I did from Jan 2008- now. From here I plan to tone but that show changed my life. I''m so excited for this season and I hope the biggest guy does well, he wants it so badly. I love the old man.
I missed the premiere last night because my BF got a copy of Defiance on DVD (crystal clear copy!!!). I was super excited to see it as it has only opened in one theater here in NYC. Overall, it was really good, but Im not sure it was worth missing BL...

Can I catch it online???

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Bia, I honestly don''t know for sure if there is a place to watch it online. I know there was a website advertised that had interviews with the contestants. I would think there would be somewhere to watch it online though. I''m going to look for you :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This has profiles recaps and bonus scenes

linky

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 2:35:07 PM
Author: Bia

FF and I did the ''30 Day Shred'' video with one of the trainers from Biggest loser. We did it on Monday, and I am still ridiculously sore! It kicked my @$$!

I''m also on the 1200 calories, no soda, lots of water diet. Doing good so far. Looking to lose about 10-15 pounds. Mostly vanity weight and toning, but I will feel so much better when it''s gone.

Good luck!!
36.gif

Because I also love BL (not really to lose weight but to tone up for summer and improve my strength training), I told my BF that I wanted that video and he got it for me last year. He and I have done it quite a few times and are trying to do it at least once a week! I''m only on level 1 and it still kicks my a$$. I wonder when I''ll get to level 2?

Bia!You told your FI!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Yeah, level 2? Excuse me, but are you F''ing kidding me? That Jillian is a SADIST! If I hit level 2, I am rewarding myself with something awesome. Seriously awesome. I''ve been sore for 2 days from level one. I just did the treadmill for 45 minutes, and that seems to have loosened up my muscles a bit.

Going for day 2 of the 30 day shred tomorrow (which is actually day 5
20.gif
)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have the Biggest Loser Cardio DVD which I LOOOOVEEE though I''m still on Level 1 and I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, it''s fun, and ridiculously hard.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 3:49:33 PM

Date: 1/7/2009 2:35:07 PM

Good luck!!
36.gif

Bia!You told your FI!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Yeah, level 2? Excuse me, but are you F''ing kidding me? That Jillian is a SADIST! If I hit level 2, I am rewarding myself with something awesome. Seriously awesome. I''ve been sore for 2 days from level one. I just did the treadmill for 45 minutes, and that seems to have loosened up my muscles a bit.

Going for day 2 of the 30 day shred tomorrow (which is actually day 5
20.gif
)
See?! I did it again! ...what''s wrong with me?!!!

I mean I told my FIANCE!

As for LEVEL 2: Good luck, because I''ve been doing that dvd for a few months (albeit, off and on
3.gif
) and I still can''t even attempt level 2. She''s crazy! But I like her because she keeps my attention and I feel like if I slack off, she''ll scold me or something...very strange. I think its her face...its so very serious.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 3:06:40 PM
Author: dragonfly411
This has profiles recaps and bonus scenes

linky
I searched and searched and can''t find the full episode
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 4:23:18 PM

I mean I told my FIANCE!
Tisk tisk

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 4:26:07 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

I mean I told my FIANCE!
Tisk tisk
Elle & Dream = my Engagement Patrol Duo. Just wait till its one of you...
31.gif
27.gif

I''m a newbie still, so def, call me out on it because obviously, I''m slippin up!
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 4:37:42 PM

I mean I told my FIANCE!
Tisk tisk

31.gif
27.gif

I''m a newbie still, so def, call me out on it because obviously, I''m slippin up!
9.gif

Haha, I definitely don''t like to be called out on stuff, but when it comes to that, CALL ME OUT! I''ve been waiting too long to call him my FI!! This is vitally important!
11.gif

Today is me and FFs 3 year anniversary! We''re going to dinner on Sat night to celebrate, but I am definitely not expecting a proposal. I''m thinking he''s going to wait til I''ve graduated, which puts me at about June. June will be a good month. Especially since I''ll have lost those nasty last 10-15 lbs and will be one hot fiance!
31.gif

On a side note, I just tried to go to my psych class tonight, and my car was sliding all over the place, while no one else was sliding that badly.
33.gif
I think either I A) Suck at driving, or B) need new tires. Not sure which, but now I''m skipping class. It''s the first one so I should be OK.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 4:44:58 PM

Date: 1/7/2009 4:37:42 PM

See?! I did it again! ...what's wrong with me?!!!

I mean I told my FIANCE!
Tisk tisk

31.gif
27.gif

I'm a newbie still, so def, call me out on it because obviously, I'm slippin up!
9.gif

Haha, I definitely don't like to be called out on stuff, but when it comes to that, CALL ME OUT! I've been waiting too long to call him my FI!! This is vitally important!
11.gif

Today is me and FFs 3 year anniversary! We're going to dinner on Sat night to celebrate, but I am definitely not expecting a proposal. I'm thinking he's going to wait til I've graduated, which puts me at about June. June will be a good month. Especially since I'll have lost those nasty last 10-15 lbs and will be one hot fiance!
31.gif

On a side note, I just tried to go to my psych class tonight, and my car was sliding all over the place, while no one else was sliding that badly.
33.gif
I think either I A) Suck at driving, or B) need new tires. Not sure which, but now I'm skipping class. It's the first one so I should be OK.
Will do my pet, will do.

As for not calling you out on other things, CHECK, or have your FF check your tires (or whomever would be able to tell you for certain) because its REALLY DANGEROUS! With my old car I had a situation, almost went off a cliff (saved my you-know-what by crashing into a ditch on purpose), it was no joke. Especially with the winters you guys get up there...safety first honey! ETA: Also, remember to not press on the brake too hard (pump them instead when you're driving) this way you won't skid as much.

I am signing off now. Going to go home and try to take some new pictures of my ring to post in SMTR (still haven't...oopsies
6.gif
) Dream, I may have to call on you for help!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I can see slipping up but I''m pretty sure once I''m engaged- I will always call him FI because I just love the sound of it and I can''t wait to call him that! ha!
3.gif
I''ll forgive you though....oh, and you can always call me out on that too (if your still around by the time I''m engaged)

I''ll help you with anything you need.
28.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:38:55 PM
I can see slipping up but I'm pretty sure once I'm engaged- I will always call him FI because I just love the sound of it and I can't wait to call him that! ha!
3.gif
I'll forgive you though....oh, and you can always call me out on that too (if your still around by the time I'm engaged)

I'll help you with anything you need.
28.gif

This picture business is highly annoying! I can't get it to look right. I guess I'll wait for daylight because the indoor pics looks blurry...grrrr. I want so badly to take more pictures for you all but its just not working.
29.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl this is a great thread! Would you mind if we started one over in BWW? I haven''t seen one yet. I''d give you credit for the idea!
36.gif

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
I love reading this thread..i thought it was time for me to contribute

Well...2009 hopefully will be a good year for me. I am expecting **fingers crossed** a propsal sometime within the next 6 months. Also I am in my last semester of school which starts in 2 weeks. Im excited for it being my last semester but school is the last thing that I want to think about. But my FF has also mentioned he wants me to be able to plan a wedding while NOT being in school, which i guess makes sense. On other great news FF and I went to the mall and he wanted me try on rings. Although I will most likely purchase the ring online, he wanted to see what I liked and what he thought looked good on me. We actually agreed on this subject which was quite surprising to me. We normally have different tastes in jewlery. He tried on really exepnsive watches, which of course I couldnt say much to considering i was wondering around the store with about 20K of bling on.
31.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It''s Gator Game DAYYYYYYY Go GATORS

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 9:15:44 PM

I can see slipping up but I''m pretty sure once I''m engaged- I will always call him FI because I just love the sound of it and I can''t wait to call him that! ha!
3.gif
I''ll forgive you though....oh, and you can always call me out on that too (if your still around by the time I''m engaged)

28.gif

This picture business is highly annoying! I can''t get it to look right. I guess I''ll wait for daylight because the indoor pics looks blurry...grrrr. I want so badly to take more pictures for you all but its just not working.
29.gif
Are you using a tripod?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:36:59 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Dreamgirl this is a great thread! Would you mind if we started one over in BWW? I haven''t seen one yet. I''d give you credit for the idea!
36.gif
Absolutely you can! Please by all means!!!
4.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:04:54 AM

Date: 1/7/2009 9:15:44 PM

3.gif

28.gif

This picture business is highly annoying! I can''t get it to look right. I guess I''ll wait for daylight because the indoor pics looks blurry...grrrr. I want so badly to take more pictures for you all but its just not working.
29.gif
Are you using a tripod?
ehhhhh, no? Its been mentioned before, I guess I should get one?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OMG yes!!! I had previously tried taking photos of jewelry and was horrible at it because everything came out blurry. It drove me mad! I thought I was the worst photographer ever. My Dad has 2 tripods so I decided to rig a ''small'' one up to take photos of my Christmas jewelry and it actually worked! Not all the time mind you, sometimes stuff still came out blurry but I got some really incredible shots. Then I just put the camera setting on macro mode and put the camera incredibly close to the subject (but no zooming because that makes it blurry) and just started shooting away....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:58:08 AM
OMG yes!!! I had previously tried taking photos of jewelry and was horrible at it because everything came out blurry. It drove me mad! I thought I was the worst photographer ever. My Dad has 2 tripods so I decided to rig a ''small'' one up to take photos of my Christmas jewelry and it actually worked! Not all the time mind you, sometimes stuff still came out blurry but I got some really incredible shots. Then I just put the camera setting on macro mode and put the camera incredibly close to the subject (but no zooming because that makes it blurry) and just started shooting away....
ehhhh....what''s macro mode again?
41.gif

Putting the tripod on my list of things to get immediately, if not sooner. My camera will not beat me!

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Thought I''d toss my 2008 wrap-up/2009 goals in. I have to say that the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 have been mixed for me. BF is wonderful, and that part of my life is great, but job-wise I have been so incredibly stressed since early fall, and it''s really taken it''s toll on me. I''m somewhere in the middle/late stages of burnout, and it''s incredibly frightening. I''m a health care practitioner, in a field where the burnout rate is very high, but I haven''t even been in practice for 3 years yet. I''m starting to have serious doubts about my current career, and wondering whether or not I should pursue a different career entirely. So that''s one of my biggest goals for 2009! Set my life in order, figure out what I want, and decide what is best for me, AND DO IT! BF has been so supportive, and I know that he''ll be proud of me no matter what I decide, and this year I plan on working extra hard to show him how much I appreciate him and all that he does for me!

So here''s to a great 2009! Happy New Year everyone!

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:09:38 PM
ehhhh....what's macro mode again?
41.gif
Macro mode is usually represented by a little flower or tulip on a camera, and it allows for your camera to focus at a much closer range than it would normally be able to. So, you'd basically be getting close up shots with a sharp focus, which is really helpful when trying to get detailed pictures of jewelry and what not
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:09:38 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 11:58:08 AM
ehhhh....what''s macro mode again?
41.gif

Putting the tripod on my list of things to get immediately, if not sooner. My camera will not beat me!
Macro mode is the setting for close up''s (i.e. diamonds, jewelry, flowers) There is a good thread about taking photos or your sparkly here. I''ve read up on it and you can get quite a bit out of it. But I must say, you really did take quite a few awesome photos even without a tripod. I have no idea how you did it! ha! I''d never be able to do it that way....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, I''ll try it.

Dream, I took so many pictures of my ring...the ones I showed you were the cream of the crop. I tried for you all because I know how much we all enjoy seeing pictures of everyone''s rings. I''ll def give it another go this weekend and then everything will go in SMTR
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww you are too sweet! I''ll do the same when I get a ring.
31.gif
31.gif

It''s so wonderful to see the PS friend''s I have made have their dreams come true by getting engaged to their soon to be husbands and are so joyous and happy with their engagement rings. It''s a little sad too, but so heartwarming. Especially with you Bia!!! You deserve forever happiness.
4.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dream you deserve the same. ((big hugs))

God, we are such mushes! It's amazing what an engagement can do to a girl...happiness, sadness, exhilaration, confusion, anxiety all rolled into one. I'm already getting all these questions about wedding stuff, and I have nothing to say...its weird. I feel like people expect me to start planning already. I look at some of you, with your color/wedding boards (is that what they're called) and I'm like, "oh man, I'm in trouble..."

I'll definitely need PS help when the times comes.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
GATORS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPS< SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED

Happycat - Do you think you''d enjoy a different part of health care? Maybe you could do that without having to re do school entirely? Or what do you think you would enjoy? I Think everyone should be able to love what they do...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:23:51 PM
Dream you deserve the same. ((big hugs))

God, we are such mushes! It''s amazing what an engagement can do to a girl...happiness, sadness, exhilaration, confusion, anxiety all rolled into one. I''m already getting all these questions about wedding stuff, and I have nothing to say...its weird. I feel like people expect me to start planning already. I look at some of you, with your color/wedding boards (is that what they''re called) and I''m like, ''oh man, I''m in trouble...''

I''ll definitely need PS help when the times comes.
Thank you so much for that comment! We are mushes. But that''s ok! I''m sure it''s a very emotional time indeed. Yeah, I have the whole inspiration board but that''s because I''m crazy like that. I plan way way WAY too far ahead...lol
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results