shape
carat
color
clarity

The January LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh!!! More snow!!! Can''t take it anymore!

6-10 inches in my area for tonight.
7.gif
It''s already started, and it''s not looking good. I''m sort of hoping that my work lets us out early, or tonight''s commute is going to be a messy one!

Anyone else in SE Michigan, or getting snow tonight? Care to comisserate??
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aww man! Sorry elle. That could be a biggie! They say its going to possibly snow here in Denver but nothing yet. Only overcast. But, if we do get any- it wont amount to anything so nothing to worry about this time around anyway.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I wish it would snow at my house, but being so close to the coast it hardly ever snows...and if it does it usually melts before it hits the ground...
8.gif

maybe I can talk boy into taking me snowboarding, he''s never been and I love it!!! It could be a great/sore adventure.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
You know, this is going to sound funny but living in Colorado all my life, I''ve never been skiing or snowboarding.
6.gif
I guess it never really seemed interesting to me. My brother is a huge snowboarder (but does it less these days) I guess I''ve only been showshoeing. But that''s not really the same thing...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
BF and I would like to try snowboarding pretty soon here. I realize I will be very sore!
2.gif

DG - That is hilarious that you''ve never gone skiing! Denver of all places!

I can honestly say I''ve never been snowshoeing, though.

I just drove back from home for lunch. The roads are still ok - the snow isn''t super slippery. However, it''s accumulating fast!
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Its supposed to snow tomorrow, and of course, I have class
29.gif
Sat class is THE WORST!

You know, funny thing...I grew up in Mass but my parents have a place in Maine and although Maine has great ski resorts and great slopes, we've never been. Id try it, no problem, but I'm not the most graceful person, so I'd probably break something...or sprain something at best.

Those Mainers...they get some crazy snow too!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cherish your snow ladies. We keep having up and down temps here and omg I cannot get well with it.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:29:02 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Ahhh!!! More snow!!! Can''t take it anymore!

6-10 inches in my area for tonight.
7.gif
It''s already started, and it''s not looking good. I''m sort of hoping that my work lets us out early, or tonight''s commute is going to be a messy one!

Anyone else in SE Michigan, or getting snow tonight? Care to comisserate??
3.gif

I''m in St. Louis, and we''re supposed to get freezing rain tonight and snow showers tomorrow. And tomorrow is moving day. AGH!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Class is canceled!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I need to change my avatar...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:59:36 PM
Author: elledizzy5
DG - That is hilarious that you''ve never gone skiing! Denver of all places!

I can honestly say I''ve never been snowshoeing, though.

I just drove back from home for lunch. The roads are still ok - the snow isn''t super slippery. However, it''s accumulating fast!
39.gif
I know. It''s weird!
20.gif
9.gif

You better be careful driving home later this evening missy!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I’m too lazy to change mine (avatar) ... and bf told me just two days ago that "wedding rings have white diamonds! pink is weird" (ok so I just changed my avatar...guess I'm not as lazy as I thought... my old avatar had a pink ring...) so I’m considering looking into a different style... though I’m not picky and would love anything he picked out for me... as I have about 25 rings that I wear on my right hand... and yes I wear most of them on a normal basis...

wooo... this was my 100th post!!!!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
OOoo I love Cupcakes!!! So I picked a cute one for my avatar... Avatar, such a strange word.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 3:48:07 PM
Author: Bia
I need to change my avatar...
LOL. I was just thinking the same thing about me, but I love my avatar so much, I don''t wanna!
39.gif
Mad props to DG, for doing an awesome job on it. I''m saving it for next year!

Yay for class being cancelled!! That''s one of the best feelings ever!

DG - I will be safe. I''m always the slowest driver in the snow and everyone hates me. Sorry, just because you have an SUV, doesn''t mean you don''t slide on slippery!!
38.gif
Me and my sassy Honda Civic are taking the slow & steady route!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 4:00:10 PM
Author: ILoveSpinel
OOoo I love Cupcakes!!! So I picked a cute one for my avatar... Avatar, such a strange word.
Haha, yeah, I always think Avatar sounds like something they''d name an 80s video game. Like on Atari or something.

Loving your cupcake! I''m dieting. I think your cupcake is trying to seduce me!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel- Avatar is a weird word. haha! I always thought so. I thought about changing mine but it's still 'wintery' so I'll keep it for a while until I decide to change it to a photo of my new gem
31.gif
I usually go for something with a Tiffany Blue background, so I need to take more snapshots of my new beauty outside with the Blue Book behind it...
30.gif
Then I will finally have a gemstone on my avatar! Wooo

elle-
Ok good!
5.gif
Atari! I remember that game. ha!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I know, I love mine too (Dream is the best) but I feel like I hold on (with dear life) to the holidays. I still have my tree up people!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww. I didn't know if you'd like it or not. I'm glad you do!
4.gif

I hear you on the tree thing, my tree is still up. I SUPPOSE I should take it down tomorrow
39.gif
39.gif
It makes me sad though because Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I hate to let it go and wait for another round. Well, at least the bright side is that it's LESS THAN a year away. Woooo
31.gif
So, I'll put the tree up around Thanksgiving....
30.gif
(as always) So..........that's about 10 months from now.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dream! I won''t know what to do if you change your avatar! I see it and just KNOW it''s yours! It''s so bright and stands out, I''ll never see your posts!
7.gif
I have no idea how to change or make avatars, mine will probably always be the little green man...hah.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
I think that Valentine's Day avatars are in order, eh?
4.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
DreamGirl,
I totally agree with you! It''s so sad to take down the tree and put all of the Christmas decorations away. I just love the Christmas season! SO and I took down his tree today at his house and I put some of my apartment docore away. I keep trying to remind myself that V-Day is right around the corner, and hopefully sometime in the next couple of months...a proposal
30.gif
19.gif
37.gif

Anyone have any special traditions they do during January? After all of the holiday celebrations of December are you celebrated-out or is there something special you look forward to every January (post new year''s day)?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:05:24 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 1/8/2009 2:36:59 AM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Dreamgirl this is a great thread! Would you mind if we started one over in BWW? I haven''t seen one yet. I''d give you credit for the idea!
36.gif
Absolutely you can! Please by all means!!!
4.gif

Just wanted to say ty!
35.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
My BF''s birthday is next Sunday! We''ve got front row tickets to see Bill Engvall! His birthday is the 18th (over the MLK holiday) so we get a bonus next day off! I''m soooo looking forward to it! That''s about all the ''celebration'' that January holds for us though.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 4:28:07 PM
Author: audball
Dream! I won't know what to do if you change your avatar! I see it and just KNOW it's yours! It's so bright and stands out, I'll never see your posts!
7.gif
I have no idea how to change or make avatars, mine will probably always be the little green man...hah.
Aww you are too kind! When I do change it, it's usually always something with Tiffany Blue so I'm sure you won't miss it! Also, when I change the little box at the bottom of my signature, it will be a Tiffany box with white ribbon instead of red. I think I'm the only one with the little Blue Box at the bottom of my signature. You will still see me!

As far as your avatar, here's how to do it.........
The image must be a proportionate square. Technically, the avatars are 96x96 pixels.
1. Click on 'Personal Section' located (semi) top right corner of the page.
2. This will take you to your 'Profile' and scroll down a bit where your little green guy is.
3. Go right above that where it says 'URL of your avatar:
You have the choice to use an image of your own icon which can be hosted on another server, or you can upload that image to our server. If you choose to use an image hosted on another server, please leave this field blank.'
4. This is where it might get tricky for you. But I'll try to help....if you upload a photo to a website, or even upload it to Pricescope...you copy that image's url by right clicking on the image and highlighting the url. Right click on that and select copy. (here is an image of copying a url for an example)

copyexample.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Then you paste that url into this box 'URL of your avatar' and click submit.

copyexample2.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:32:44 PM
Author: Lexie
I think that Valentine''s Day avatars are in order, eh?
4.gif
Yes! Valentine''s Day is right around the corner.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 1:24:04 AM
Author: CNYHopeful
DreamGirl,
I totally agree with you! It''s so sad to take down the tree and put all of the Christmas decorations away. I just love the Christmas season! SO and I took down his tree today at his house and I put some of my apartment docore away. I keep trying to remind myself that V-Day is right around the corner, and hopefully sometime in the next couple of months...a proposal
30.gif
19.gif
37.gif

Anyone have any special traditions they do during January? After all of the holiday celebrations of December are you celebrated-out or is there something special you look forward to every January (post new year''s day)?
Yeah, I took most of it down over the weekend
39.gif
The tree is still up but needs to be taken apart. All the lights and decorations are off of it however. Not everything is put away yet. I always decorate my room as well and none of that is down yet. I''ll work on that this week. I agree, Valentines Day is coing up fast and I always look forward to that!!! Not sure I will get a ''gift'' per say this Valentine''s as he just got me a lot of wonderful Christmas gifts. I won''t expect anything from him but maybe a lovely day.
4.gif

I''m never celebrated out
31.gif
but I don''t have anything special I am looking forward to until Valentines..........

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t take down my tree...can you believe it? I didn''t do any of the things I was going to do this weekend (family plans interrupted). So this week, we are taking it down. Its so dry and brittle it will probably fall into a big heap of pine needles, which I am not looking forward to cleaning.

I did have a great weekend though. Oh! Dream, I took the advice I got here and took some pictures of my ring using the macro mode...it helped! I couldn''t take it outside for pics this weekend since I was so busy but definitely one day this week. Try it out and see how they come out!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh good! I can''t wait to see more and more photos after you get more taken
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results