shape
carat
color
clarity

The January LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 4:16:26 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I guess so
3.gif
All I have is a Rice Krispy treat and a ''fun'' size
20.gif
peanut m&m''s. Yeah, real fun by the way. What''s in this bag? 3 maybe?! So much fun......
11.gif

See that''s the kind of stuff I have to stash because its a "no-no" in my house! You know my FI had the nerve to call me out on a bag I had hidden in my closet (we were doing a winter "spring" cleaning). Turns out it contained a bag of Swedish Fish (I love those) and some Reece''s. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I told him, "See what you make me do?! I''m like a dope addict!"

Health nuts can be so annoying sometimes
20.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 4:11:29 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 1/28/2009 4:06:08 PM

NOT FAIR!!!!!! I want one. I was just thinking about some candy........not sure I have any here though..

Well I did trek in the snow for it, that''s how badly I wanted one. Does that make it more fair???
4.gif

That''s kind of hilarious...trekking through snow for a milkshake!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
yeah haha!

Well ladies, turns out I''ve wasted more time than 5 minutes. Now I feel like I haven''t worked all day long. Playing with Michelle Obama photos....then I got kicked off the internet. I wonder if they are onto me..........

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! I hope it was just a random internet blip and not IT kicking you off! I used to bribe the IT department with cookies to let me surf the internet at work :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wonder how that works anyway. Do they REALLY know what you are doing?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 5:24:54 PM

Hell yea they know what you''re doing--if they want to. Luckily my place of work doesn''t care. Otherwise I might be fired...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 5:24:54 PM

Yep. If they have admin privileges, they can access any computer on the company network. That access is there so they can help you; if you need something installed or your computer is bugging out, they can get in remotely and fix it for you. It also means they can kinda spy on what you''re doing, although technically that''s not ethical.

The good thing is that most IT people are either (a) too busy to bother with what''s on your screen or (b) find it completely boring.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
YIKES!

Date: 1/28/2009 4:48:04 PM
yeah haha!

Well ladies, turns out I''ve wasted more time than 5 minutes. Now I feel like I haven''t worked all day long. Playing with Michelle Obama photos....then I got kicked off the internet. I wonder if they are onto me..........
My mom worked with a lady that used to read everyones emails (she had authority to do so or whatever). Since the work email is for work, she would read the personal ones and delete if she felt it was getting in the way of people doing their jobs. Really! So always be careful!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I work at a place with over 900 employees. I would find it hard that they would check up on ALL of us. But who knows. They also know that I am a graphic designer...so sometimes I need to be online. You know?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So.....I get daily horoscopes. One for couples and one for just me....look what they said today

Here is your couple's love horoscope
for Thursday, January 29:

It won't be easy to stay focused today when all you want to do is daydream about your plans with your loved one. Give them a call midday and tell them they're on your mind.

Dear Cancer,
Here is your horoscope for
Thursday, January 29:

Pay attention to your daydreams -- there's some good clues about what to do next dancing along within. You may actually need to zone out for a while in order to be more productive!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I''m bored already and the day just started!

So what does mine say Dream?

(Capricorn)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm signed up thru here: http://www.astrology.com/ and they come daily to me (sometimes I don't read them though ha!) Maybe you can find your horoscope here?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I''m a Cancer, too.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
ugggghhhhh AUDITS just suck the life right out of you!!!
14.gif

going home now.
36.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Well I didn''t want to start a whole thread for this, so I figured I''d post it here.

I was going to buy a loupe on Amazon to play with my diamond for when the proposal eventually happens and I get the ring. I mentioned it to my jeweler and his wife said she''d just get one for me!

I picked up the loupe today and they kept their mouths shut about the status of my ring. I had told them to not give me anymore updates as to the whereabouts of my ring once I approved my CAD designs (the ring will be finished and shpped to FF without my knowledge). They are such good secret keepers that I felt like kicking myself because I''m the one who asked them not to tell me anything!

So it''s just me and the loupe sitting around in my lonely apartment. Sure would be nice for a diamond to join us.
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 1:00:54 AM
Author: gryffindor

it''s just me and the loupe sitting around in my lonely apartment. Sure would be nice for a diamond to join us.
9.gif

haha! cute
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 1:00:54 AM
Author: gryffindor
Well I didn''t want to start a whole thread for this, so I figured I''d post it here.

I was going to buy a loupe on Amazon to play with my diamond for when the proposal eventually happens and I get the ring. I mentioned it to my jeweler and his wife said she''d just get one for me!

I picked up the loupe today and they kept their mouths shut about the status of my ring. I had told them to not give me anymore updates as to the whereabouts of my ring once I approved my CAD designs (the ring will be finished and shpped to FF without my knowledge). They are such good secret keepers that I felt like kicking myself because I''m the one who asked them not to tell me anything!

So it''s just me and the loupe sitting around in my lonely apartment. Sure would be nice for a diamond to join us.
9.gif

Too cute! I think your jeweler and his wife sound like sweethearts.

Don''t worry, I''m sure you''ll have a use for that loupe soon enough!

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t really think this needed its own thread but I was just curious. For those of you that have been around for awhile now, is Valentine''s Day the 2nd most popular time of year for engagements with the Christmas/New Year holidays first of course? Or is there another time throughout the year that engagements are extremely common?

Seems like there were soooo many engagement stories around the holidays and that we haven''t had any for awhile so I''m excited for them to pick back up again!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:43:53 AM
Author: prettylnpink419
I didn''t really think this needed its own thread but I was just curious. For those of you that have been around for awhile now, is Valentine''s Day the 2nd most popular time of year for engagements with the Christmas/New Year holidays first of course? Or is there another time throughout the year that engagements are extremely common?

Seems like there were soooo many engagement stories around the holidays and that we haven''t had any for awhile so I''m excited for them to pick back up again!
36.gif
Hmmm...Interesting question. I wasn''t around this time last year, so I couldn''t tell you but I''d also like to hear from others who might know.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I missed Valentine''s Day by a few months last year, so I''m not sure how it went either.

I HAVE, however, noticed the serious engagement dry spell in LIW lately! Unacceptable!!
29.gif

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
I agree! We definitely need some action on this thread! There has been a lot of talk about it "coming soon" so hopefully we''ll have some great stories to read in the very near future!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:54:40 AM
Author: elledizzy5
I HAVE, however, noticed the serious engagement dry spell in LIW lately! Unacceptable!!
29.gif
haha! Yeah really. Not only that, but it seems like the LIW board has been slowing down in general this past month. Where did everyone go?!?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:09:47 AM

29.gif
haha! Yeah really. Not only that, but it seems like the LIW board has been slowing down in general this past month. Where did everyone go?!?

No clue.
33.gif
Maybe people get overwhelmed by all the engagement talk, and then step back so they quit working themselves up over it?

Should we start recruiting? Hehe.
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock

29.gif
You know Dream, I noticed this too! I didn''t want to say anything but it does feel like people just aren''t that interested lately. The threads have definitely slowed down, for sure. Maybe we need to get a life???

What''s happening???!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:17:50 AM
Author: Bia

29.gif
You know Dream, I noticed this too! I didn''t want to say anything but it does feel like people just aren''t that interested lately. The threads have definitely slowed down, for sure. Maybe we need to get a life???

What''s happening???!!!!
Well, ya, I definitely need to get a life. I knew that!
3.gif

Sometimes the LIW board can be depressing (esp. like right now when it''s DEAD and NO engagements) and sometimes I feel like I answer the same questions over and over again. Obviously, every story is unique, but I keep giving out the same advice. Maybe I should start mixing it up!

Maybe the economy has put engagement on the backburner for people? I mean.. it''s terrible out there, and maybe girls are not even looking into it when things are so bad.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I can tell you why I haven't been posting as much! I've had two 13 hour work days in a row, I have an 8 hour (hopefully) day today and another 13 hour day tomorrow.
39.gif
I wish they paid me overtime--salary is overrated, especially when it's not a big salary.
8.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:25:41 AM
Author: ladypirate
I can tell you why I haven''t been posting as much! I''ve had two 13 hour work days in a row, I have an 8 hour (hopefully) day today and another 13 hour day tomorrow.
39.gif
I wish they paid me overtime--salary is overrated, especially when it''s not a big salary.
8.gif
Yikes. I suppose that''s an acceptable reason to be MIA!
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My dream last night was bizarre.

I went to Paris by myself. I was on a train, and when I finally got off I was at this awesome mall. When I looked up I saw a "Leon Mege" store of Paris and "Whiteflash" of Paris.
33.gif
I was trying to get through a crowd of people to take a picture with my phone so I could upload it to PS. Then.. after I got the picture, I ran into a professor of mine from last semester, and he was ehh.. inappropriately affectionate. I ended up staying in his hotel room with him.
6.gif
WTF? Then I woke up. Mind you, the professor was definitely not any sort of guy I''d be attracted to. Significantly older than me, also. Gave me the creeps when I woke up, and I felt like I cheated on FF -- super guilty feeling. I hate that!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:25:41 AM
Author: ladypirate
I can tell you why I haven''t been posting as much! I''ve had two 13 hour work days in a row, I have an 8 hour (hopefully) day today and another 13 hour day tomorrow.
39.gif
I wish they paid me overtime--salary is overrated, especially when it''s not a big salary.
8.gif
OMG that sounds killer!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results